Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,793 comments
New fast AI uploaded.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-1000-faster-ai.59449/

Are you guys liking these? I'm getting almost zero feedback on RD, but I know there are fellow offline racing enjoyers everywhere :lol:

Next up: Oschersleben and Mosport.

View attachment 1245553
Anyone able to improve the AI lines of tracks to the point where it is actually fun and fair to race against will receive a million praises from me!

So many tracks in my library got a 3/4 stars rank with a comment that say "slow AI" because I smoke all of them in 3 laps, starting dead last at 100% AI... I keep them "in case of" but know that I will probably never use it again in this state...

I should really start to learn how to do AI lines myself, tho.

No Reboot Team tracks have any form of encryption.
Great to know, then its most certainly a random bug with the AI app and Bathurst. Often happens with certain tracks, and I still dont know what causes it, either the grid position or something on the .kn5 itself. Other Reboot tracks had no problem with the AI app. Another Kunos mystery to add to the list :lol:

If you ever fancy doing the same thing on the 1967 version...... ;)

Ignoring that, another excellent update to improve immersion, thank you once again.

I can only speak for myself, but when you do a vintage track and I see the download pop up I'm really excited - really appreciate your updates for tracks and they each mean I will spend a lot more time with that track.

Most recent example being Sebring 1966 AI, which has made that one of my 'go to' circuits for offline racing as a result. Would love to see you try your hand at any other historic tracks...

Let me know if you're up for requests/suggestions, but absolutely no worries if not! Thanks for the ones you've done so far.
I certainly enjoy vintage racing the most too. Ironically those are the hardest tracks and cars for the AI to get right (AI loves downforce and hard braking before corners, as opposed to cars that need to slide and fast flowing sectors). I should give a look at classic Monza and Silverstone in the future..

Anyone able to improve the AI lines of tracks to the point where it is actually fun and fair to race against will receive a million praises from me!

So many tracks in my library got a 3/4 stars rank with a comment that say "slow AI" because I smoke all of them in 3 laps, starting dead last at 100% AI... I keep them "in case of" but know that I will probably never use it again in this state...

I should really start to learn how to do AI lines myself, tho.
I should do a thread or a detailed post with all the stuff I banged my head against and how to solve it around AI lines creation. The process is stupid simple but the AI is stupid too, so it ends up being a headache more times than not :lol:

Interesting, i have two from ages ago, the Mercedes and the Volvo one. Never come across any others. Would love to see pics of the other two you have if possible. No worries if not.

Sorry another pic.
I struggle with the fine details, both the jag and nissan have interior issues, which i can look over, but its a shame i'm just not god enough yet. If honest, i bash them out to get in the game in an excited manic state.

View attachment 1245629
We have LOTS of racing trucks in AC. Some of them are on Legions site:
1680759296606.png

The only Monster truck I am aware of is from Lucas-Mods and can be found here - but the model and physics are aweful:

preview.jpg

We have LOTS of racing trucks in AC. Some of them are on Legions site:
View attachment 1245682
The only Monster truck I am aware of is from Lucas-Mods and can be found here - but the model and physics are aweful:

preview.jpg
Yep got all of those, see the ones called 'FH Formula truck' and 'L series', those two are from Reiza.
I've done 3 more so far which will run with those.

Great to know, then its most certainly a random bug with the AI app and Bathurst. Often happens with certain tracks, and I still dont know what causes it, either the grid position or something on the .kn5 itself. Other Reboot tracks had no problem with the AI app. Another Kunos mystery to add to the list :lol:

I certainly enjoy vintage racing the most too. Ironically those are the hardest tracks and cars for the AI to get right (AI loves downforce and hard braking before corners, as opposed to cars that need to slide and fast flowing sectors). I should give a look at classic Monza and Silverstone in the future..

I should do a thread or a detailed post with all the stuff I banged my head against and how to solve it around AI lines creation. The process is stupid simple but the AI is stupid too, so it ends up being a headache more times than not :lol:
I'd echo @Rodger Davies there and add my enthusiasm for more decent AI lines on vintage tracks - Linas-Montlhery and Bremgarten spring to mind, but I'm sure I'll uncover plenty of others as I continue through old F1 seasons. Your point about why these AI lines in particular might be weak is eye-opening; seems like the ai_line and ai_hints.txt files might be quite a blunt instrument for fixing it if the underlying code interprets them as if it were driving a modern car. If you ever get round to that thread/post, I'd be interested to read it.

So the problem with some pcars conversions is the skins don't fit, trying to bodge it in blender is fruitless too. Its a shame. Was there a config fix for this if i remember?

Could you have a look at some of the Reboot tracks? On Bathurst the AI seem to slam the anchors on going into the Mcphillamy Park and then brake way too hard going into Skyline. Also, on Suzuka they seem to brake suddenly going into 130R and are a bit too cautious going into the final chicane. Both tracks the AI are fine around the rest of the circuit but I annihilate them in each of those sections rendering the racing experience a tad redundant.
try this one its much better https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst-gt3-and-v8sc-ai.44048/

Also try any of the ai lines from that user, they are all pretty good

Anyone here understand Grid adjustments?

I have a GTE preset that I added the recently released 2018 Ferrari GTE Evo mod. It smokes the other GTE cars in the grid by a wide margin. In watching the race replay, it seems to be excessively fast on the straights. So what is the better tweak to use, adding Ballast or Restrictor? And how do the values work exactly? For example, if I make the Restrictor value 10, would that mean i'm adding 10% restrictor?

I have a GTE preset that I added the recently released 2018 Ferrari GTE Evo mod. It smokes the other GTE cars in the grid by a wide margin. In watching the race replay, it seems to be excessively fast on the straights. So what is the better tweak to use, adding Ballast or Restrictor? And how do the values work exactly? For example, if I make the Restrictor value 10, would that mean i'm adding 10% restrictor?
+1 to that, sometimes it's hard to understand what does what. One time I tried to balance a 90s Clio (1000kg, 200hp) with a 90s Twingo (800kg, 150hp), ended up adding 400 ballast and 100 restrictor to the Clio and it was still beating the other one. Another time, 2 cars with 300hp difference between them, just 20 of restrictor and the higher powered one suddenly became a slug... That's why I prefer using car Tuner, or the car's data files directly. I just don't "get" the balancing tools ^^

Edit : For what I know, because the ballast make the car heavier it affects especially the braking and the handling (but a bit everything else too), when a restrictor affects primarly power, so acceleration and top speed. But don't call me an expert at those things, I struggle parking my own car...

Last edited:

Not to shill out my own thread on the matter but I had a similar issue. Long story short, I haven't figured out any mathematical way to do it but just trial and error and guesswork. But I am by no means any good at this stuff

I haven't touched the BoP of this particular grid in a long time, but just so you have a starting point

Does someone have liveries for this Caparo T1? All liveries available are in solid colors.
I like this car, it's like a LMP + F1...
And I really don't know how to make a skin. Sorry.

Steering fix:

data > car.ini

[CONTROLS]

FFMULT=2.0

STEER_ASSIST=0.50

STEER_LOCK=260

STEER_RATIO=12

LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0024

Last edited:
How can you improve the start of a car? I have no clutch and some cars start very slow until they rev up, I tried to improve the power at low revs or put a short first gear, but sometimes this is not enough, thanks

Does someone have liveries for this Caparo T1? All liveries available are in solid colors...
I have this one with combined colors...

Screenshot_caparo_t1_jandrovi_ks_barcelona_6-3-123-19-5-16.jpg

... but I think was included with the original mod; I don't remember... and I suspect that you are looking for something more racing, with logos and such, something more of this type...

pegatinas_coche_ET_1638288786.jpg

... more or less?😝

Last edited:
Does someone have liveries for this Caparo T1? All liveries available are in solid colors.
I like this car, it's like a LMP + F1...
And I really don't know how to make a skin. Sorry.

Steering fix:

data > car.ini

[CONTROLS]

FFMULT=2.0

STEER_ASSIST=0.50

STEER_LOCK=260

STEER_RATIO=12

LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0024

that model was converted from Grid I believe and comes with all the included skins of which none were race liveries. ive never seen any available either. the car could benefit from updating tbh

Last edited:
How can you improve the start of a car? I have no clutch and some cars start very slow until they rev up, I tried to improve the power at low revs or put a short first gear, but sometimes this is not enough, thanks
Couldn't you just assign a button on your wheel to a clutch? I know it's a bit unsophisticated but it'll do the job 👍

+1 to that, sometimes it's hard to understand what does what. One time I tried to balance a 90s Clio (1000kg, 200hp) with a 90s Twingo (800kg, 150hp), ended up adding 400 ballast and 100 restrictor to the Clio and it was still beating the other one. Another time, 2 cars with 300hp difference between them, just 20 of restrictor and the higher powered one suddenly became a slug... That's why I prefer using car Tuner, or the car's data files directly. I just don't "get" the balancing tools ^^

Edit : For what I know, because the ballast make the car heavier it affects especially the braking and the handling (but a bit everything else too), when a restrictor affects primarly power, so acceleration and top speed. But don't call me an expert at those things, I struggle parking my own car...

Not to shill out my own thread on the matter but I had a similar issue. Long story short, I haven't figured out any mathematical way to do it but just trial and error and guesswork. But I am by no means any good at this stuff

I haven't touched the BoP of this particular grid in a long time, but just so you have a starting point

Thanks for the responses. For a first attempt, I tried the power.lut thing described in that thread and it seems to have helped, at least when the ai is driving the car. I'll be interested to see how it effects my speeds. I know that thread talks about raising the lut values, but I had to go the opposite direction to get the Ferrari speeds to match the other cars. I had to lower each value in the power.lut file by 12% to get them to be on equal terms with the other cars. That tells you just how fast they used to be compared to the other cars.

If this works, it's much easier to do it this way than to mess with ballast and restrictor numbers for a grid.

... As a token of my gratitude, I made the brother's W196 Streamliner conversion... thanks, cheers for all!...​
Thanks to you for share!

Although it lacks in graphics aspects (this car is so sexy that deserves a LTC), is fun to drive, and the Maserati sound used is gorgeous... but it seems that something has been misplaced with the skins... The only one that have the number badge (12) is the Moss's one. The other skins (and the previews) are all the same.

I wish I could fix these little things, but unfortunately, I would have no idea even where to start.

Last edited:
Thanks to you for share!

Although it lacks in graphics aspects (this car is so sexy that deserves a LTC), is fun to drive, and the Maserati sound used is gorgeous... but it seems that something has been misplaced with the skins... The only one that have the number badge (12) is the Moss's one. The other skins (and the previews) are all similars.

I wish I could fix these little things, but unfortunately, I would have no idea even where to start.
Oh man, that's a TOCA Race Driver car... when was that? I did the conversion today, 1 day, quickly, use Photoshop to create a skin... 2006

Last edited:
Oh man, that's a TOCA Race Driver car... when was that? I did the conversion today, 1 day, quickly, use Photoshop to create a skin... 2006...
Sorry if I came across as picky or overly critical; was not my intention.

More than anything, my comment was about the issue of the skins; when I saw that two cars appeared in the YouTube video with the numbers correctly placed, I thought that you had misled a file, just that...

Sorry again.

Sorry if I came across as picky or overly critical; was not my intention.

More than anything, my comment was about the issue of the skins; when I saw that two cars appeared in the YouTube video with the numbers correctly placed, I thought that you had misled a file, just that...

Sorry again.
It's ok mate, full okay, no problem... just I did this quickly and didn't make separate skins. Otherwise, only the numbers are different, these cars were no different, no complicated skins. That's why I recommended Photoshop, it's easy to change the number and save.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back