Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
Would be nice if one of them make the whole of a modern endurance grid with Hypercar and GT3 so you don't need to BoP them yourself. But that won't happen. URD is actually closer to that than RSS since they already have a bunch of GT3 cars and Hypercars....

Also in a sense I'd rather have "faster" cars you can slow down with BoP and AI than cars you can't speed up. RSS's M Hybrid is a great mod that drives great but you have to slow down other cars to use it....

While this is kinda like whats been happening with the Formula Hybrid/Alpha, you don't need to mix those cars....

Last edited:
Made some extra (fictional) chameleon skins for the amazing Citroën C4 VTS THP 150 2009 by 101Creative & VR DRIVING
You can download them here

1696175301713.png
1696175317781.png
1696175335594.png

1696175360798.png
1696175394985.png

Oops, looks like URD have been making the same car...

That's a bit unfortunate, when there are so many other options

yeh it seems ever so odd that they do not communicate but again i am not behind the scenes, but as an outsider looking in..........its baffling to me

To be fair, Lexus is expected to be in WEC GT class next year. I'm happy to see them both working on modern GT3 cars, because they're a mainstay of some of the biggest races for the next few years and have great variety. Just a pity they're both releasing the same one (and the split of skins between them). I guess they were in a race with each other to release and RSS has won through here.

End of the day though, enough grumbling - we've got 2x fantastic new scratch made GT3 cars! And that's much better than having 0.

I doubt there's enough detail about the not-yet-homologated Ford and Corvette, but I'm sure one or the other will be working on the 296 this year. LP Design is working on a Ford also, though that's obviously not quite the same (would be great if he'd create a 'normal' store).
i find LP design stuff pretty good actually it is encrypted but for me they are not broken, in my opinion if they are decent car's that perform as should but there encrypted.........its not a deal breaker for me.............obviously LP are not RSS but they are still good fun

I read a comment on URD's discord saying "the competition is good". No it isn't lol, not for a game that has a year in it left and is getting duplicate mods out the wazoo in the last year or two. We want variety before AC's end-of-life when AC2 comes out an all the modding teams abandon this game for that one.
I agree with you. This is not healthy competition but a bad choice. Nothing to say about the quality of the mods, the skill is indisputable, but come on...
I put myself in the shoes of those who can't play acc and rely only on ac, but if they were to start offering double models it would be a terrible thing.

Some cars are more in demand than others, I am aware of this, but I support and join those who would like to see cars from other categories in their simulator with their quality standards (just think of rally cars, trucks, old nascars ecc..).

PS: As for this last statement of mine, I don't want other modders to get offended. I hope it's clear that I absolutely don't mean to say that other modders are bad.

Last edited:
Never, Assetto Corsa 2 will have copy protection for 3D models, sound, textures, etc. Plus, they're not stupid at Kunos, they see what potential there is in mods in Assetto Corsa and will want to fill their own pockets.
It was obvious...even though many laughed when I said it on RD...anyway...

Assetto Corsa is all what I need: great game, great mods, great series of all types, great community with great modders...

No interest in anything else.

Last edited:
I will say, it depresses me that so many classes of motorsport, the modern WEC included, are so underrepresented by slapdash, subpar, often paywalled "Patreon" mods, and yet the "premium" modders (who make quality ****, no argument there) are making the choice to create duplicates of the same content we already have many times over.

I played ACC for the first time in a while last night, and it surprised me, actually. I hate the FFB, and still do to an extent, but turning off "Dynamic Damping" made a huge difference and the FFB has gone from "awful" to "below average". The visuals and physics are first class, minus some niggles. This game is now 8 bucks. I don't really know why there's a rush to release GT3 mods when ACC exists.

I love AC, and agree that there will never be another modding platform like this again - there's no way it happens now that so much corporate money is involved. However, the general AI speed and behavior in AC is probably an insurmountable issue across most tracks (minus Parri's revisions), and barring a huge coup by Ilja and co. to fix it, I do think we'll need a new platform to see major improvements there. Which is extremely important, obviously, as paid mods simply don't fill public servers.

Generational conflict: I'm old and most likely want older cars, younger customers want ultra-modern, huge plastic Transformers with bright colors and noble sourdough and just don't want to make anything themselves.

Our generation (born 1970-1990) of gamers is getting older and older and has completely different demands, everything is now so time-consuming and expensive. Just creating a single vehicle, rendering, programming, sound design, textures, driving behavior, it's extremely time consuming for just one car.

This always reminds me of the Nissan Skyline R34, which is featured in almost every racing game, I can't see this car anymore.

X90
I will say, it depresses me that so many classes of motorsport, the modern WEC included, are so underrepresented by slapdash, subpar, often paywalled "Patreon" mods, and yet the "premium" modders (who make quality ****, no argument there) are making the choice to create duplicates of the same content we already have many times over.

I played ACC for the first time in a while last night, and it surprised me, actually. I hate the FFB, and still do to an extent, but turning off "Dynamic Damping" made a huge difference and the FFB has gone from "awful" to "below average". The visuals and physics are first class, minus some niggles. This game is now 8 bucks. I don't really know why there's a rush to release GT3 mods when ACC exists.

I love AC, and agree that there will never be another modding platform like this again - there's no way it happens now that so much corporate money is involved. However, the general AI speed and behavior in AC is probably an insurmountable issue across most tracks (minus Parri's revisions), and barring a huge coup by Ilja and co. to fix it, I do think we'll need a new platform to see major improvements there. Which is extremely important, obviously, as paid mods simply don't fill public servers.
Agreed. So much focus on GT3 or F1, there is so much more to motorsport than just F1, GT3, Indy, Nascar or Aussies Stuporcars. A decent Formula Atlantic mod with the Ralt RT4, Swifts and Reynards would be will appreciated, heck even a good F5000 mod with all the chassis, not just the single generic car like RSS have done with their single seaters

Agreed. So much focus on GT3 or F1, there is so much more to motorsport than just F1, GT3, Indy, Nascar or Aussies Stuporcars. A decent Formula Atlantic mod with the Ralt RT4, Swifts and Reynards would be will appreciated, heck even a good F5000 mod with all the chassis, not just the single generic car like RSS have done with their single seaters
Yep. I am "younger" (heavy quotes emphasis) than most here, and I prefer Prototypes of every era to other classes.

These are still woefully underrepresented - both in the newest LMDh classifications and in the lower classes like LMP2 and LMP3. There's a ton of trash out there in these categories, and it's a shame that it's yet to get a definitive mod. It's an easy crown to claim. I guess they're just not popular enough.

I guess the "F1 car every year and GT3" plan is for Twitch or YouTube or some other form of social media I don't understand. It's a shame.

RSS did the community a huge service with the GT1 Pack when it released. It was a unique and amazing mod that brought the best of GTR to a modern (ish) sim, and the results were excellent, especially with their later revisions. While there's been a few other historic releases since, the overwhelming majority of their releases have been F1 or open wheel cars of some variety. I see it as a missed opportunity, but I'm sure their financials say differently.

Last edited:
Random usual rants about Mods not to people's taste aside....

1696192010797.png

Formula Alpha 1.2, when you put the car in "Low Downforce" package, does the front flaps just disappear for anyone else?

Generational conflict: I'm old and most likely want older cars, younger customers want ultra-modern, huge plastic Transformers with bright colors and noble sourdough and just don't want to make anything themselves.

Our generation (born 1970-1990) of gamers is getting older and older and has completely different demands, everything is now so time-consuming and expensive. Just creating a single vehicle, rendering, programming, sound design, textures, driving behavior, it's extremely time consuming for just one car.

This always reminds me of the Nissan Skyline R34, which is featured in almost every racing game, I can't see this car anymore.
Yeah. As a fan of the late-80s early 90s F1, I’d be lost without the full season of 1991 and 1992 (and other 90s seasons) cars from ASR and 1994 from ACFL.
There’s not a lot of 86-90 cars floating about, which saddens me, but I can understand it.
Those kinds of things tend to be pure passion projects, rather than filling a massive demand.

Last edited:
Never, Assetto Corsa 2 will have copy protection for 3D models, sound, textures, etc. Plus, they're not stupid at Kunos, they see what potential there is in mods in Assetto Corsa and will want to fill their own pockets.

Assetto Corsa 2 will be even less interesting than ACC when it comes to modding.

Ilja's Encryption is already almost perfect and there will be one in AC2 that is even more perfect, maybe by him too, who knows.

It will be that way because you can make money with it and that's when the friendship always ends.

They'll get RSS and co on board, at least that's what I would do.

It will stay with AC1 and for a very long time.
The one year thing is nonsense, the requirements for AC2 will be enormously higher and only very few people have such a powerful PC, most have medium and low end PCs, which is why there are so many active mod communities for old games.

A platform as open as AC1, which also looks good, will never die and will never exist again.
Come on, you really need to be that cynical like Kunos is some large corporation that has hundreds of employees and is fiercely protective of their work? They're a team of only a handful.

First, it can't be much more demanding than ACC, I can guarantee. PC sims released even the past year or two like AMS2 aren't that demanding. It's not going to be Gran Turismo 7 levels of graphical fidelity.

Second, Kunos is aware the reason AC is so popular is because they enabled the modding scene. There's the old Kunos pipeline, the KN5 editor, etc. that enables us to even do half of the stuff we do. They are aware and have supported the modding community in the past (even working with URD for some official content). They aren't going to kill the modding community in AC2 because they know it's what makes the game what it is, it's their competitive advantage over the rest of the space.

Sure, making mods for AC2 might be harder if there is weather included in the base game, it might not be as simple as the "drag n drop" system we have right now, but I'm sure modding will carry on into AC2 and we'll see RSS, URD, VRC and all those names continuing to model and release cars for the game.

If you think it's smart for Kunos to encrypt the game and get their hands into the modding scene's pot, I'd wholeheartedly disagree. That's possibly the most stupid thing they could do when they know the reason AC has such a high concurrent player-count is precisely because of the mod support.

Last edited:
Come on, you really need to be that cynical like Kunos is some large corporation that has hundreds of employees and is fiercely protective of their work? They're a team of only a handful.

First, it can't be much more demanding than ACC, I can guarantee. PC sims released even the past year or two like AMS2 aren't that demanding. It's not going to be Gran Turismo 7 levels of graphical fidelity.

Second, Kunos is aware the reason AC is so popular is because they enabled the modding scene. There's the old Kunos pipeline, the KN5 editor, etc. that enables us to even do half of the stuff we do. They are aware and have supported the modding community in the past (even working with URD for some official content). They aren't going to kill the modding community in AC2 because they know it's what makes the game what it is, it's their competitive advantage over the rest of the space.

Sure, making mods for AC2 might be harder if there is weather included in the base game, it might not be as simple as the "drag n drop" system we have right now, but I'm sure modding will carry on into AC2 and we'll see RSS, URD, VRC and all those names continuing to model and release cars for the game.

If you think it's smart for Kunos to encrypt the game and get their hands into the modding scene's pot, I'd wholeheartedly disagree. That's possibly the most stupid thing they could possibly do when they know the reason AC has such a high concurrent player-count is precisely because of the mod support.
Modding isn't easy in ACC though, is it?
Kunos locked that one down for a reason.
What did Kunos gain by making AC so mod-friendly?
After initial official DLC runs, and as free community mods increased, any potential ongoing revenue stream from official Kunos add-ons obviously wasn't deemed cost effective.
The last thing a dev wants is for a previous game to last 8+ years... they want people to buy their new one.
There's no doubt potential ACC sales were hit hard by AC's continuing popularity, and that popularity is all down to AC's growth and refinement in the hands of modders... for which Kunos earn nothing but goodwill.
Time will tell if AC2 will facilitate easy modding and provide the necessary tools, but I have my doubts.

Hasn't Ian Bell said that his next sim will be the most moddable ever?

Last edited:
Modding isn't easy in ACC though, is it?
Kunos locked that one down for a reason.
What did Kunos gain by making AC so mod-friendly?
After initial official DLC runs, and as free community mods increased, any potential ongoing revenue stream from official Kunos add-ons obviously wasn't deemed cost effective.
The last thing a dev wants is for a previous game to last 8+ years... they want people to buy their new one.
There's no doubt potential ACC sales were hit hard by AC's continuing popularity, and that popularity is all down to AC's growth and refinement in the hands of modders... for which Kunos earn nothing but goodwill.
Time will tell if AC2 will facilitate easy modding and provide the necessary tools, but I have my doubts.

Hasn't Ian Bell said that his next sim will be the most moddable ever?
People keep referencing ACC as the reason AC2 won't be moddable and frankly I think that's a bad point. ACC has the Blancpain series license attached to it, and it was marketed as the official game for it. The mainline AC entries are meant to be general simulators featuring a wide range of content, not existing solely to replicate a single series as accurately as they possibly can. It's very likely Kunos just made the game hard to mod to keep an offiicial appearance up for the SRO Group.

If Kunos was smart (which they are) and they want people to buy their new game, they will keep AC2 moddable. They're aware just how massive the original game is, and all they need to do is keep the game relatively open and provide the tools necessary for the same to happen in the sequel.

Also... what did Kunos have to gain? Really lol? How about a huge amount of positive PR, great word of mouth amongst the community, having their game paraded around as an example of a truly modular and open platform for doing whatever your motoring mind can come up with? No doubt that generated thousands of copies worth of sales alone. People are still buying the game now even a few years after ACC and many years after it came out, all because of the mod support. It's the best way to keep long-term interest in the game alive and it's in the best interest of Kunos to keep modding open, so why wouldn't they?

...and I think we as a community have learnt to never trust a single word Ian Bell says. It's way more likely his GTR revival never comes out than releases even with no mod support.

In the end I'm going off of blind faith as those who say AC2 can not possibly have any mod support. But although Ilja and others have done most of the work, Kunos has been kind to us as a community by providing the tools. ACC was an outlier due to that game's official licensing status and the corporate mandates/politics that come with it.

Last edited:
The simple truth of the matter is, AC 2014 will always be a unique artifact - there has never been and there never will be a platform that has such a library of vehicle and track content. The sheer amount of newly made things for it, plus the endless conversions and beautifications of content from GTR/GTL/RF/etc will always be a unique thing - the most extensive collection of virtual cars and race track virtual tourism you could ever have - now, or in any point in time later, when modding will get increasingly more complex and demanding, if possible at all, and so much content will never accumulate ever again, all on a single platform for you to enjoy.

Yeah. As a fan of the late-80s early 90s F1, I’d be lost without the full season of 1991 and 1992 (and other 90s seasons) cars from ASR and 1994 from ACFL.
There’s not a lot of 86-90 cars floating about, which saddens me, but I can understand it.
Those kinds of things tend to be pure passion projects, rather than filling a massive demand.
Something I've never understood is why the 1987 F1 season seems to be avoided by so many modders. It took ages for it to arrive in GP4 and rF1 and not seen besides 1 or 2 standalone cars in AC. 1968 is another season like that.

Also old Indycar / Cart / USAC years. Hardly a thing in AC, a few in rf1.

Assetto Corsa 2 will be even less interesting than ACC when it comes to modding.

Ilja's Encryption is already almost perfect and there will be one in AC2 that is even more perfect, maybe by him too, who knows.

It will be that way because you can make money with it and that's when the friendship always ends.

They'll get RSS and co on board, at least that's what I would do.

It will stay with AC1 and for a very long time.
The one year thing is nonsense, the requirements for AC2 will be enormously higher and only very few people have such a powerful PC, most have medium and low end PCs, which is why there are so many active mod communities for old games.

A platform as open as AC1, which also looks good, will never die and will never exist again.
So AC2 will be closed for public modding?

Last edited:
Hi All, I have a question regarding UV unwrapping seam. Please refer to snap shots below, first one shows the UV seam in the object in 3ds Max, all vertices were welded along the seam so it was not because of unwelded vertices. Second screen shot is the same object in content manager with AO diffuse and tx Maps applied. AO was generated by content manager. You can see that the seam is creating an unwanted seam in the final 3D object. Can anyone shed me some light on this? If I remove the UV seam, the problem goes away. related 3Ds Max file attached as well. Many thanks in advance!
1696233155900.png
1696233128632.png

Attachments

• UV-seam.zip
    803 KB · Views: 5
Also... what did Kunos have to gain? Really lol? How about a huge amount of positive PR, great word of mouth amongst the community, having their game paraded around as an example of a truly modular and open platform for doing whatever your motoring mind can come up with?
You lost me at "Really lol?".
You dismiss my opinion, and then go on to agree with me.
I literally said "...and that popularity is all down to AC's growth and refinement in the hands of modders... for which Kunos earn nothing but goodwill."
You even quoted it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back