Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,758 comments
Got an issue I am having with some cars in Content Manager when generating new previews.

Before:
View attachment 1291918After:View attachment 1291919

Why are meshes hidden? All I am doing is using the same preset as with other cars that come out fine but some are doing this.Any ideas?
when you restart CM , and then regenerate first for this car , does it give you a good preview?
(I sometimes have hidden parts - or all car is hidden - after making alot of previews. Simple restart of CM then fixes that.)
I hope it's as simple as that for you...

The simple truth of the matter is, AC 2014 will always be a unique artifact - there has never been and there never will be a platform that has such a library of vehicle and track content. The sheer amount of newly made things for it, plus the endless conversions and beautifications of content from GTR/GTL/RF/etc will always be a unique thing - the most extensive collection of virtual cars and race track virtual tourism you could ever have - now, or in any point in time later, when modding will get increasingly more complex and demanding, if possible at all, and so much content will never accumulate ever again, all on a single platform for you to enjoy.
Very well put, even if AC2 is fully open to modding in the same way as AC1, I still can't see me migrating over. The amount of time and effort I've sunk into this game is absurd and at the end of the day I'm happy with it, my track list is ridiculous and my car list is only a few conversions away from pretty much how I've always imagined my perfect car game, plus I can edit any of the content to my liking at any time.

Personally I see AC2 having a Steam Workshop style modding scene where RSS et al can release semi official and pre-approved content for free/purchase. While a massive advantage over something like Forza/GT, I expect it will be nothing like as comprehensive or open as the current game with only a handful of locked down, quality releases each year. Anyone expecting to be sorting through literally thousands of car/track converts from other games is living in a dream world in my opinion. There's simply no way in the current age that Kunos will be allowed to release a direct competitor to Turn 10/Polyphony/Reiza etc. and include the possibility for owners of this game to simply steal any and all assets from their competitors without any issue. Frankly it's probable that only the age of AC1, it's relatively small user base (at least compared with the big names on Xbox/PS) and the 'end of life' status bestowed upon it are the only things that allow it to get away with what it's become in the meantime. I also suspect there will be significant pressure bestowed upon Kunos by the car manufacturers.

when you restart CM , and then regenerate first for this car , does it give you a good preview?
(I sometimes have hidden parts - or all car is hidden - after making alot of previews. Simple restart of CM then fixes that.)
I hope it's as simple as that for you...
Unfortunately not, I have had to use the 'use CSP for final previews render' option to get the whole car to render

At least you didnt share the link directly, it is a Patreon member early wip, not finished nor release quality...
I shared only what appears on Breathe's public list. If it's there, I consider it a valid track. I intended that the RainFX could be used by anyone with this track in its current form, as well as for the earlier version by Gilles75.
Also, I converted it directly from the game, not another site etc.
By "original track," I meant only to indicate that Gilles75's version was available for AC first, not that you adapted it -- sorry if that was misleading.

Last edited:
Dropping this here. I don't have real modding skills but I do have a lot of free time and I wanted to give something back to this great place. Hope you find it useful!

22 brand / series / class badges, 256x256 transparent PNGs

Preview:
preview.png

rss_gtm_lux_v8-#14-GTDP.jpg

My quick hack job (4 hours, I'm slow) to RSSs' skin, so we have one until the real ones arrive: (I'll do an update soon, and add a #12 GTD... I also did a power BOP to 594hp, I'll throw that in with the update)
(Updated already - 6:30pdt - missed the molex on the right side) (Please note the lower-case "skinname" in the ui_skin.json. I also name the skin folder the same as that .json-skinname so I can tell at a glance that it's correct. If you don't know why you should use lower case, aaargh.)

Last edited:
I'm not very good when it comes to car skinning, but I made this quick file for the grille and trunk logo on the new RSS Lux mod. Just drop the files in to all the skins folders. Should be good enough until someone makes a better version.

Attachments

• rss_gtm_lux_v8_grille_logo.zip
    291.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I think the talk about AC2 is interesting. It is hard to see how AC2 will be as open as AC but that does not mean that there will not be some form of modding. From my perspective as one of the probably older group is that I want quality not quantity and to some degree money is not a big factor. If AC was still getting monthly DLC I would most likely buy it all. But with mods (and I know there are great mods out there) it is harder for me to justify spending money on them as I just don't know to what standard they are made. i am not saying Kunos is perfect but I at least believe they are adhering to the same set of criteria.

Will I get AC2 when it comes out? Yes for sure? Do I own ACC? No and the reason is that it just does not offer anything that AC does that I value enough to want to use it. The variety of AC is the draw. Being able to Race GT3s one day, drive LA canyons the next, then drive like an idiot on SRP followed by Classic race cars at tracks that do not exist anymore followed by....

Well I think we all get the point;)

Long Live AC but I do hope AC2 is better!

can someone help me , i don't know why the diff on the 997.2 gt3 dose not work , only one tyre is spinning , it was the same data as BZ 997.2 4.0

Attachments

• IMG_20231002_182009_075.jpg
    IMG_20231002_182009_075.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231002_182009_074.jpg
    IMG_20231002_182009_074.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
  • ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • ezgif.com-video-to-gif (4).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (4).gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2).gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Hi All, I have a question regarding UV unwrapping seam. Please refer to snap shots below, first one shows the UV seam in the object in 3ds Max, all vertices were welded along the seam so it was not because of unwelded vertices. Second screen shot is the same object in content manager with AO diffuse and tx Maps applied. AO was generated by content manager. You can see that the seam is creating an unwanted seam in the final 3D object. Can anyone shed me some light on this? If I remove the UV seam, the problem goes away. related 3Ds Max file attached as well. Many thanks in advance!
View attachment 1291932View attachment 1291931
(you should probably paste files as a universe format like .fbx rather than just a max file)

CM ao baking will show seams like if you tried baking a forza rip it will be completely visible. If you bake with something like substance painter you can get a nice bake without the visible seams (unless you're texturing)

Come on, you really need to be that cynical like Kunos is some large corporation that has hundreds of employees and is fiercely protective of their work? They're a team of only a handful.

First, it can't be much more demanding than ACC, I can guarantee. PC sims released even the past year or two like AMS2 aren't that demanding. It's not going to be Gran Turismo 7 levels of graphical fidelity.

Second, Kunos is aware the reason AC is so popular is because they enabled the modding scene. There's the old Kunos pipeline, the KN5 editor, etc. that enables us to even do half of the stuff we do. They are aware and have supported the modding community in the past (even working with URD for some official content). They aren't going to kill the modding community in AC2 because they know it's what makes the game what it is, it's their competitive advantage over the rest of the space.

Sure, making mods for AC2 might be harder if there is weather included in the base game, it might not be as simple as the "drag n drop" system we have right now, but I'm sure modding will carry on into AC2 and we'll see RSS, URD, VRC and all those names continuing to model and release cars for the game.

If you think it's smart for Kunos to encrypt the game and get their hands into the modding scene's pot, I'd wholeheartedly disagree. That's possibly the most stupid thing they could do when they know the reason AC has such a high concurrent player-count is precisely because of the mod support.

If you now controlled this mod market and handled everything via one platform, with certain restrictions, then it would definitely work with AC2, but we will see what the future brings and not to forget the system req.
My PC is 9 years old and iam never be able to play AC2 i bet

Last edited:
I was always wondering, is there a one-size-fits-all solution for cars that have the exact same bug / issue - the car gets into 2nd gear, and then starts bogging down and constantly switching between 3rd and down to 2nd, then 3rd then 2nd again. If I manually shift it to 3rd, it starts doing the same between 3rd and 4th, constantly sputtering.

I use automatic gearing, since I've been on controller for a while, no room for the T300 at the moment.

Is there a "this one simple trick" kind of fix that sorts out this issue? I've had this on a good number of cars, especially rally cars, that I really like otherwise and in videos where they don't do this.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for CSP/CM I think Assetto Corsa would be a dead donkey floating in a sea of horse crap right now. Pretty much 90% of mods released are crap converts with copy pasted physics and any scratch built mods get slated because they aren't what a handful of people here want or think should be released.

So AC2 can do no worse than to release with a new engine, new graphics, new weather system, rolling starts and working yellow flags - and most importantly working AI, and even if it released with minimal mod support it would already be a winner.

I'm gonna go and play AMS2 or Grid:Legends because at least those work straight out the box and provide a decent race experience

Last edited:
Made some fictional chameleon skins for a recent garage find which came with only 1 skin...

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

you can download the extra skins here (included is an altered extension\ext_config.ini, in which I removed the paint part and moved it to the individual skins. So backup in case you added stuff in there already!)

The car mod can be found here

(you should probably paste files as a universe format like .fbx rather than just a max file)

CM ao baking will show seams like if you tried baking a forza rip it will be completely visible. If you bake with something like substance painter you can get a nice bake without the visible seams (unless you're texturing)
Thanks for your reply! So I guess it is related to surface weight normals? So if I try to bake AOcs in 3ds max, the seams would not be visible? Sorry what do you mind by the seams will not be visible in Substance Painter unless if your are texturing? So if you texture a say Forza model in Substance painter, and render it in Substance painter, you will still see the UV seams?

Dropping this here. I don't have real modding skills but I do have a lot of free time and I wanted to give something back to this great place. Hope you find it useful!

22 brand / series / class badges, 256x256 transparent PNGs

Preview:
View attachment 1291982
First time posting here, been following for a while (thanks for all the great content and tips :cheers:), but just wanted to say thank you for these! and if you (or others wanted) here's a few more car class icons. Feel free to add it to your download if you want. I found the class icons on the RaceRoom web store worked well if you open the image in a new tab then change the extension to png and download. I also included a paint.net/photoshop file where you can edit your own.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 200235.jpg

I have them paired with this add on from race department. Easily customizable .json files and pngs like those posted above (for both cars and tracks). I can share my custom sorting files if anyone wants

Screenshot 2023-10-02 201158.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! So I guess it is related to surface weight normals? So if I try to bake AOcs in 3ds max, the seams would not be visible? Sorry what do you mind by the seams will not be visible in Substance Painter unless if your are texturing? So if you texture a say Forza model in Substance painter, and render it in Substance painter, you will still see the UV seams?
I should clarify

Seams won't cause a break in reflections on the model when using a shader other than perpixel multimap (or perpixel nm) e.g., perpixel reflection (for glass) or even multimap damage dirt for whatever reason

example

seams.png

every edge is a seam

hood.png

Same uv's for both models, top is multimap damage dirt bottom is just multimap. not really sure why damage dirt works fine but not regular multimap (i think it's a texture reason?)

As for CM AO vs elsewhere, when you bake with CM, the resulting AO will have visible seams (tho maybe you can find a configuration that minimizes it) e.g.,
mustang seam.png

forza rip of a mustang

vs. baking the ao in substance painter. I'm not sure how 3ds baking is like so can't really say for sure if it would give the same results
Screenshot 2023-10-02 204632.png

tbh i think substance could probably handle texturing fine (idk for sure), but the common approach of ao in diffuse and tiling a texture over it (like with carbon parts) there'll be a visible break where the seams are located

Last edited:
Last edited:
I DON'T THINK WE HAVE THIS.........

ISLE OF MAN TT

i am just sharing a link i tried this track and after a while to load as it is pretty big i noticed a physical road mesh or (bumps in the road) whatever terminology floats your boat, and i am sure the others i have tried did not have a prm. here is the post:

track release: isle of man converted from rf2​

renderTimingPixel.png

Track Mod Share
my conversion Isle of man from rf2 finished (original gpl track by jim pearson)
tested with gp 1923 1937 and f1 1967 and some kunos abarth and alfa romeo cars. created 2 ai "layout" one generic and one for 1937 cars
for cars with wings, due to many jumps, almost every car requires its own ai_hints.ini. and it's obvious a meaningless task to create a separate "layout" for each of them

new link: https://sharemods.com/lo4ddc2ixmmv/isle_of_man_tt.7z.html

@Breathe if this is indeed an upgrade

Last edited:
I should clarify

Seams won't cause a break in reflections on the model when using a shader other than perpixel multimap (or perpixel nm) e.g., perpixel reflection (for glass) or even multimap damage dirt for whatever reason

example

View attachment 1292120
every edge is a seam

View attachment 1292121
Same uv's for both models, top is multimap damage dirt bottom is just multimap. not really sure why damage dirt works fine but not regular multimap (i think it's a texture reason?)

As for CM AO vs elsewhere, when you bake with CM, the resulting AO will have visible seams (tho maybe you can find a configuration that minimizes it) e.g.,
View attachment 1292122
forza rip of a mustang

vs. baking the ao in substance painter. I'm not sure how 3ds baking is like so can't really say for sure if it would give the same results
View attachment 1292123

tbh i think substance could probably handle texturing fine (idk for sure), but the common approach of ao in diffuse and tiling a texture over it (like with carbon parts) there'll be a visible break where the seams are located
I hope you are not tired of seeing me saying thank you! but Thank you, that's great info! I was scratching my head so badly and had no clue.... I tried it with the ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt (I originally thought the problem was fixed.... but I looked closer again.... the seam still seem to be there and it's not like it was a texturing issue, it seems like the normal is actually affect and the reflection is separated by that seam still.... although not as obvious but still visible.
1696318798079.png

So, I guess if I really want to get rid of it, I will need to use a program other than CM to generate the AO? But I feel like the UV is still actually affected, but just because of the AO map. As your mentioned, *.fbx now attached for reference.

*updated

Update again, tested with generating AO in Max.... does not eliminate the seam.... I believe it is a shader problem? It seems that you don't get the seam if you go with one of those simple shaders with single texture I noticed.

Attachments

• UV_seam.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ISLE OF MAN TT

i am just sharing a link i tried this track and after a while to load as it is pretty big i noticed a physical road mesh or (bumps in the road) whatever terminology floats your boat, and i am sure the others i have tried did not have a prm. here is the post:

renderTimingPixel.png

Track Mod Share
tested with gp 1923 1937 and f1 1967 and some kunos abarth and alfa romeo cars. created 2 ai "layout" one generic and one for 1937 cars
for cars with wings, due to many jumps, almost every car requires its own ai_hints.ini. and it's obvious a meaningless task to create a separate "layout" for each of them

Really, really hope Jim Pearson authorised this use of his work, else this release may jeopardise the in-progress work of some top-tier, legit AC track modders for this, and Dundrod. The fact that this dropped on Reddit does not bode well :(

Hi Guys need your help,

i am totaly running of disc space on my AC exclusive ssd. I have everything compressed wth the GUItool to its maximum. Every time something new is comming i am fiddeling around what to delete instead...
Now i have about 1,5gb left and don`t want to loose something more.

Long story short - i mean there was a topic earlier with the possibility to source content out to a second drive in AC ?! Am i right or just dreaming? I could not find it again.

via a recent garage discovery, the Jaguar XKSS 1957 by Velo , a nice vintage cabrio, but it
has skins with some sort of artefacts...
1696323936536.png

And I do not think it was done intentionally to simulate ageing paint... (or is it?)
Anyway it looks awefull (and can't be unseen once noticed).

Has anyone made some clean skins for this one?
If not I will volunteer to make the most horrible ones look nicer.(but it will be quite the work so if it was done already... )

I could not find any on RD... and no earlier mention in this thread of XKSS either.
Cheers!

EDIT: I couldn't wait , and did a fix already myself... you can find it here.

Last edited:
shi
Sendai Hi-Land Raceway v1.01

View attachment 1287317
Sendai Hi-Land Raceway was a 4.030 km motor racing circuit in 12 Hayasaka, Shinkawa, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.
In the 1990s, Sendai hosted rounds of the Japanese Touring Car Championship and Japanese Grand Touring Championship.
The raceway was damaged by earthquake in 2011 until it was closed in September 2014. As of today the former raceway is now a solar-power park. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-2 layout (gp/kart)
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Soramame
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by SON and @shi (shin956)
v1.0 update by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
"Powe Poles" (https://skfb.ly/6DBnO) by Gunnar Correa is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
tree, marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.0 changelog;

-Added the cart layout that was in the original rF2 version.
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added working scoreboard. (.lua based from gunner333)
-Added readme.
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde.
-Added camera facting crowds.
-Added terrain.
-Fixed a hole in the wall.
-Fixed normals on some objects.
-Updated shaders.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated some textures.
-Updated VAO-patch.
-Updated UI.
-Changed poles and wires to new objects.
-Changed trees.
-Merge objects with the same material.
-Smoothed original terrain.
-Replaced Marshalls.
-Pit building window transparency.
-Other minor fixes.

v1.01 changelog;

-Adjusted the tint of the grass.
-Reduced number of utility poles.
-Added new AI by Viola_seven. (Thanks)

Sendai Hi-Land Raceway v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-Adjusted the tint of the grass.
-Reduced number of utility poles.
-Added new AI by Viola_seven. (Thanks)
Screenshot_ks_glickenhaus_scg003_sendai_hiland_28-8-123-18-19-22.jpg

Last edited:

ISLE OF MAN TT

renderTimingPixel.png

Track Mod Share

Jesus... those tree normals.
The track has bigger problems than just the trees (half of the island seems to have fallen into the Irish Sea, for one) but replace the entire config text with this and the experience should be a lot more pleasant. It'll also stop the (why on earth?) occasional giant radioactive Tree FX tree-cabbages from appearing too.

Code:
;[TREES]
LIST_0=trees\trees.txt

;fix borked tree normals, should work if ksTree shader is used
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
ALTER = 0, -1, 0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= lighten trees after normal fix above
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 2.85
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2

Jesus... those tree normals.
The track has bigger problems than just the trees (half of the island seems to have fallen into the Irish Sea, for one) but replace the entire config text with this and the experience should be a lot more pleasant. It'll also stop the (why on earth?) occasional giant radioactive Tree FX tree-cabbages from appearing too.

Code:
;[TREES]
LIST_0=trees\trees.txt

;fix borked tree normals, should work if ksTree shader is used
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ALTER = 0, -1, 0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= lighten trees after normal fix above
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 2.85
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2
NOOOOOOOOO i love tree cabbages lol

heard the link was down so i will post my own link incase anyone missed it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back