Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,520 comments
And the other 2. #14 reg. and 14 Daytona (different drivers and a Rolex sticker)
View attachment 1292309
Thank you for the RSS Lexus skins! Do you plan to update the skins to include the IMSA LED panels? I tried to do it myself by borrowing some assetts from another mod but they were not of correct dimensions causing the panel to float just out of the body when viewed from the front.;).

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_lux_v8_isle_of_man_tt_4-9-123-20-1-14.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_lux_v8_isle_of_man_tt_4-9-123-20-1-14.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 12
Any chance that these files might be shared? amazing work!!
Easy to share the quick grid files or the championship files, but numerous skins are hacked by me (stick an NLS numberplate on an N24 skin, a new N24 plate on an old N24 plate (the Manta!) and if you don't have the same cars (or my BOP'd versions of) it kinda falls apart. I wish I could just re-distribute all the skins with correct naming too (I'm halfway through renaming all skins/.jsons name info to my name format, all lower case correct with correct driver/team names) but that would require alot of requests to creators... So I'm open to sharing, but not sure how feasible or complete the transfer would be. I guess it was just a demonstration of what some OCD and alot of time can do :) I also have seasons in the works for DTM GTM IGTC FIAGT. I'm big on prep, but it's past time to go back to driving! If someone wants any of this (that doesn't break any creators' property rights) let me know...

Thank you for the RSS Lexus skins! Do you plan to update the skins to include the IMSA LED panels? I tried to do it myself by borrowing some assetts from another mod but they were not of correct dimensions causing the panel to float just out of the body when viewed from the front.;).
I thought about it, but no action so far. It's on the list ;) If anyone sends me a few tips on doing it, it will happen faster :)

I'm kind of excited about this one. I wasn't sure if I could find a way to do it, but I figured out a way that just might work to get the mow lines back for my Donnington Park mod. The only problem may be alignment of the lines where one mesh meets another.

Disregard some of the dark spots and alignment issues because I haven't finished all the files yet, but it has potential to work.

dp_lines1.jpg

dp_lines2.jpg

you no, i have absolutely no issue's with having something taken down that i maybe should not of posted i get that, but for sharemods to then go and delete ALL MY OWN PERSONAL WORK aswell...............** you sharemods like literally ** YOU!.....its not like you deleted all of my files......why leave the ones you left?? for what reason? you remove 60% of my files why leave the other 40%?

lesson learnt never ever use an external hosting site like sharemods. simple as that :) :)

same problem as you, I contacted sharemods, they don't want any more AC mods because there are too many illegal file transfers, they receive too many reports
I'm using sharemods too. After reading these posts I checked: all my files are still there.
It raises a question for me: how would sharemods know that uploaded files are about AC ?
(unless being reported that is).

Last edited:
Hi all. is someone able to make new side lines for funabashi long? I tried but have some kind of error with the left side. And want to redo them 'cause the cars clip the "nut-wheels" and go flying. Strangely, it's the only layout I had problems with, the rest give me no problems

there's also the option of extending your current partition with space from another drive!
This is what i did recently and it works wonderfully easy.

AC was installed on D: drive (1TB SSD), and was running full... I installed an extra 1TB SSD and from that I allocated some space to drive D. I enlarged it so to speak.

This is very easy to do via Disk Management in Windows.
Here is how it looks afterwards, notice the purple parts (D drive) is spread over 2 physical SSDs:
View attachment 1292396

Just press Windows button and start typing "create , you will see this :
View attachment 1292397
it will open the Disk Management (from screenshot above).

In there right-click on your partition that holds AC and select "Extend Volume".
You should have none allocated space on another drive in order to do this extend obviously,
so best is to buy a new SSD and put it in your pc before going in Disk Management... then you can allocate all or part of that new fresh space to the partition your AC is residing on already. (I choose to allocate only part and create a new E partition with the remaining space, but I could have assigned all 1TB to my D drive as well).

Big advantage of doing this :
1) No need to move over all your AC content to a new drive, and
2) no need to buy a bigger drive (1TB SSD would do fine and is cheaper)
Thanks for that. Still have one question left - may I use an already used and half full disc as the extension, or has to be it an empty one?
Because a whole new one is no option (all free slots etc. already used)

NEWS 2023-10-04

Release Friday and future plans

This Friday we will have a bunch of updates and fixing patches for tracks, cars and new championships for the Modern Day Racing Series.

The popular Car fix pack will have a update of none the less 21 fixes for cars that I tested lately. I've searched lists of cars with thousands of entries to get all out of the AC mods that are out there and found some beauties like the Alfa Romeo Spider 1986 by MacedoSTI or the Bugatti Chiron by Jerry Wei (searched long for a good Bugatti). The Alfa had to be updated for shaders and will also be part of the next update. (...)

Read the full public post here:

Last edited:
Lights patch v0.180- preview346. Pure 0.205. Both are the latest releases. July and August. I have tried to go back a couple versions. no success. The RSS car has a .bat file that you can execute in the car folder that will allow you to switch between standard physics and advanced CSP physics which also gives you engine mapping. I do not get the strange black artifact using the standard physics. I did email RSS. No reply as of yet. I thought I saw this same problem with another car, some time back in a previous post.
it is a bug in csp. it does not happen on the public version of csp (1.79) from what I can tell.

One question on the RSS GT series mods. Are these cars based on real model of the corresponding car or are they generic like the formula series?

Thanks for that. Still have one question left - may I use an already used and half full disc as the extension, or has to be it an empty one?
Because a whole new one is no option (all free slots etc. already used)
try in Disk Manager right-click and "Shrink Volume..."
You will be able to select what amount of free space will become unallocated.

Then you should be able to allocate that to your AC partition...

Is there any way to quickly see if a car use paddles/H-shifter/Sequential in CM? I'd like to make a tag/organize the cars so I can see all of them at once.

When you go race, it says it in the info in the loading screen, but I don't see it anywhere else. Otherwise, next best thing I can think of is looking in the showroom

there's also the option of extending your current partition with space from another drive!
This is what i did recently and it works wonderfully easy.

AC was installed on D: drive (1TB SSD), and was running full... I installed an extra 1TB SSD and from that I allocated some space to drive D. I enlarged it so to speak.

This is very easy to do via Disk Management in Windows.
Here is how it looks afterwards, notice the purple parts (D drive) is spread over 2 physical SSDs:
View attachment 1292396

Just press Windows button and start typing "create , you will see this :
View attachment 1292397
it will open the Disk Management (from screenshot above).

In there right-click on your partition that holds AC and select "Extend Volume".
You should have none allocated space on another drive in order to do this extend obviously,
so best is to buy a new SSD and put it in your pc before going in Disk Management... then you can allocate all or part of that new fresh space to the partition your AC is residing on already. (I choose to allocate only part and create a new E partition with the remaining space, but I could have assigned all 1TB to my D drive as well).

Big advantage of doing this :
1) No need to move over all your AC content to a new drive, and
2) no need to buy a bigger drive (1TB SSD would do fine and is cheaper)
Sorry one more question :) I wanted to extend my AC Volume now and doing so i got a system message/question in short translated:

"The choosen Base Volume will convert to a dynamic Volume......so installed Systems can not be started "
I am unsettled a bit by this message :confused: :boggled:

EDIT: Oh boy i am some kind of lost today....realized the free space i will extend the AC SSD with, is on a HDD. So i think its gonna not work anyway ... :crazy:

Last edited:
I'm using sharemods too. After reading these posts I checked: all my files are still there.
It raises a question for me: how would sharemods know that uploaded files are about AC ?
(unless being reported that is).
interesting, i also contacted sharemods and they said basically at the moment they get alot of reports and if they deleted my files just upload them again, thats basically what they said they did not state that they didn't want assetto mods to me at least but then again actions speak louder than words i suppose. Its to risky in my opinion to use them or any of them really.

i am sure it was the isle of man track that was reported but what baffles me is why delete the other files which are clearly not related to that track what framework were they going by? it was all my own personal work. The fact that they told me to re upload again was pretty funny, they clearly suffer with a level of dellusion to even think i would trust them again with my files. **** SHAREMODS

hi guys,

anyone else can confirm Mainz-Finthen 1989 (recently updated by our good friend Rainmaker) is having performance issues?
On certain parts of the lap fps dropping noticably. (just after the part where you have white tarmac)

This is a nice little track and I would love to be able to enjoy it without framedrops every lap...

cheers!

FYI check out my latest MNP skin here (for the Darche 992 GT3-R 2023)
might be interesting for others: this one also includes balanced sound levels to my liking, as
originally the transmission sound is too prominent imho and drowns out all other sound...
1696447519785.png

hope you like it!

EDIT: but come to think of it , if you get used to the sound w your own skin in offline races, then in online race on 3rd party servers you will need to put up again with the transmission eating your brain...
If I were to put the [AUDIO_VOLUME] section in the general ext_config.ini , would it still be in effect when joining an online race (w any of the default skins)?
Or is that considered cheating and thus prevented somehow?

Last edited:
You know how it is when you go around the internet downloading random AC stuff but dont come to it until waaaay later..? Well I have an issue I am wondering if anyone can help with.
Whilst tidying up Content Manager I have come across some BTCC cars that I dont have all the files for but have no idea where they came from.
There are a few cars in my folder with a naming convention of btcc_year_brand_model.
I seem to have 32 of them, ranging from 1991 to 1999. No idea if these are a pack of know cars or if they a bunch of random cars that have been renamed to this naming convention as I have had no real luck when Googling.
Any help would be much appreciated.

edit

Nvm, I think I have figured it, its the @maximeerkat pack off here that has given me these folders

Last edited:
hi guys,

anyone else can confirm Mainz-Finthen 1989 (recently updated by our good friend Rainmaker) is having performance issues?
On certain parts of the lap fps dropping noticably. (just after the part where you have white tarmac)

This is a nice little track and I would love to be able to enjoy it without framedrops every lap...
Nope. just checked: 137.1 fps AVG and 124.4 fps MIN. (alone on track, SOL, scattered clouds).

I'm kind of excited about this one. I wasn't sure if I could find a way to do it, but I figured out a way that just might work to get the mow lines back for my Donnington Park mod. The only problem may be alignment of the lines where one mesh meets another.

Disregard some of the dark spots and alignment issues because I haven't finished all the files yet, but it has potential to work.

View attachment 1292475

View attachment 1292476
Any chance you could amend the smoke on the chimneys of the power station in the distance?

Thanks for the amendments you have put in, but should it not just white steam clouds not dark smoke coming from the cooling towers?

Any chance you could amend the smoke on the chimneys of the power station in the distance?

Thanks for the amendments you have put in, but should it not just white steam clouds not dark smoke coming from the cooling towers?
I can try and see if I can improve it. I tried using the CSP smoke feature, but the smoke doesn't render that far in the distance.

On another note, I was correct. My latest attempt to bring back the mow lines has failed once again because of alignment issues. Still going to try and see if I can make this work somehow because it's the closest i've got so far.

Steam clouds showing black or white just depends on the time of day / light conditions.
Until noon the smoke is dark, turning white in the afternoon.
morning_noon.png

afternoon.png

Latest (paid) everything here
Did you enable the extended CSP physics in the cars main folder? On mine the standard physics are fine no issue. When I click on the .BAT that says 'install_csp-physics.bat" that's when I get the black streaks on the passenger side windshield. This feature gives the ability to change engine maps.

Something old, something new, some ... oh ffs, just take my life, Porsch.

934rsr.jpg

Code:
The Porsche 934 was a racing version of the Porsche 911 Turbo, prepared to FIA Group 4 rules, similar to the Porsche 935 which was prepared to FIA Group 5 rules.

Original R3E, converted by First Studio Racing.

Version 1.2 by Pfalzdriver
- Minor adjustments to suspension
- Added diff in setup
- Minor fixes to extension
- Added hood and trunk animation
- Added car template as PSD
- Added Cinture template with four predefined colours
- Reworked skins by MrHunt

Version 1.1 by Pfalzdriver
Source of specs: https://www.supercars.net/blog/1976-porsche-934/

Added:
- CSP extension
- Working turbo gauge, oil temp, oil press, turning lights, reverse lights, dash lights
- Working wipers
- Damage and dirt textures (Quick 'n dirty!)
- Body and windows damage
- Cintures
- RainFX V2 features
- LODs
- VAO
- Soundbank by DRM

Fixed:
- Aero (a Porsch isnt a Ferrari)
- Brakes (new mesh/materials and naming in brakes.ini)
- Suspension (a Porsch isnt a Ferrari)
- Gearing (irl the car didnt have six gears, ratios were all wrong)
- Engine (turbo was missing, power.lut was a natural aspired engine)
- Flames (positions/angles were completely off)
- Tires (This car had neither semislicks nor 90s slick tires)
- Digital instruments (except fuel light nothing worked)
- Collider (collider was too low and kn5 wasnt really fitting)
- Fuel (wrong capacity and tank position)

Download at Sharemods or GTPlanet (Deleted due to R3E)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back