Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,824 comments
FREE RELEASE : Tomorrow !

Aston Martin DBR9 2010 Spec !

Link here !

View attachment 1295492

Have a nice day !
we take a mod that comes from legion, we make some textural and other modifications, we don't respect any standards, COCKPIT_HR and LODs, and we encrypt a mod that was made by someone else in the first place, what a great mentality!
legion.jpg

I find it incredible, how salty people get about a car, no one's forcing them to buy.
Besides, like others have mentioned, this was announced before and it's a mere coincidence that two teams released the same car.
I honestly don't see the big deal there. Formula cars have also been made by several different teams, and I didn't see nearly as much crying about it, than with this car.

I might be biased though, because I also really like the RC-F

Hm.. I was of the assumption, that this was a thread about discussing Assetto Corsa mods..
Not to sound mean or anything, but this isn't really the right place for this "announcement"
who said anything about crying? i cry when a family member dies not when some faceless entity releases a car that is already in the game 3 times over. I am stating an opinion if you read that as "crying" then that's your own miss-interpretation, not mine

if you want to pay for the same car 2/3 times over crack on, i am not stopping you.

Last edited:
These are amazing, thank you so much!

Just been trying these through slowly over the weekend, and just noticed a couple historical inaccuracies:
  • Canada (using the 1988-1990 layout, rather than the 1991-1995 layout - only change is the tighter, more current final chicane came in 1991)
  • Silverstone (uses a hybrid layout based off 1997-2009 layout but bypassing the Abbey chicane, whereas the real layout (1991-1993) has a different Priory/Brooklands/Luffield completx
Whilst I agree, I appreciate that things like these could take a lot of work, so I can understand not undertaking this.
The only problem I have with Montreal is the ai line through the fast sweepers after the hairpin.
The ai cars lift off the gas there(maybe even hit the brakes!), when it should be comfortably flat-out.

Guys, I have a problem...
Hundreds of buildings, 4-5 textures per building.
In game the textures are too bright...
I would like to specify the ambient, diffuse, specular parameters at the same time in 3DSimED.
In other cases, there is a User Variables section, option.
In this case, it doesn't appear, I can't find it.
Maybe someone knows the solution? Thanks!

View attachment 1295681

View attachment 1295682

View attachment 1295683
As far as I remember 3DSimed does not set the shader values for brightness if you use the batch edit for materials. You can adjust that pretty easy with CSP in the ext_config.ini . But that's probably not so interesting for you. :-) For 3DSimed you might have to use the copy and paste buttons above in the material edit.

As far as I remember 3DSimed does not set the shader values for brightness if you use the batch edit for materials. You can adjust that pretty easy with CSP in the ext_config.ini . But that's probably not so interesting for you. :-) For 3DSimed you might have to use the copy and paste buttons above in the material edit.
:( CSP no, no, no!
Okay mate, thanks - it still looks good in GTR2 and there is night, rain, animated crowds... then that will be the final destination, the GTR2 it's still good.

Last edited:
FREE RELEASE : Tomorrow !

Aston Martin DBR9 2010 Spec !

Link here !

View attachment 1295492

Have a nice day !

we take a mod that comes from legion, we make some textural and other modifications, we don't respect any standards, COCKPIT_HR and LODs, and we encrypt a mod that was made by someone else in the first place, what a great mentality!
View attachment 1295687
I was able to drive the car but when I closed the session I got a game crash:

crash.png

It does look like something is wrong with it...

Updated my preview settings. Now almost all cars are aligned correctly.But you will have to adjust the FOV for bigger cars.
The problem with "only 8 previews possible" still exists. It has to do something with the showroom.

Maybe someone will find a solution.

V2
preview.jpg

Attachments

• Dynamic_TAVModernaNewFront_V2.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks mate... but i can't select all the textures at once. It is also possible in 3DSimED one by one, but it takes an awful lot of time and I end up going crazy.
There is one more way with the ks editor. If you save the persistence file you can edit this file in notepad++. If all the shader that you want to edit have the same values you can change that with the ctrl+f search and replace.

There is one more way with the ks editor. If you save the persistence file you can edit this file in notepad++. If all the shader that you want to edit have the same values you can change that with the ctrl+f search and replace.
Uhhh mate, persistence what?
I think an easier solution is to pack sunglasses in the zip... :cheers:

If you might be interested... but wait for the eclipse. :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/citta-di-aorta-wip.6698/

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, over the weekend I tried again to mimic IMSA and do some practice with 53'ish cars with their real-life skins at Road Atlanta, but the '99% cpu' message and lag seems to always be there regardless of what I turn down. I race in VR and have an i7-9700/32GB/3080ti but my question is, will throwing more hardware make this problem go away, or will there always be "99% cpu" issues trying to run 50+ cars? Same thing happens at Le Mans.

Friends, over the weekend I tried again to mimic IMSA and do some practice with 53'ish cars with their real-life skins at Road Atlanta, but the '99% cpu' message and lag seems to always be there regardless of what I turn down. I race in VR and have an i7-9700/32GB/3080ti but my question is, will throwing more hardware make this problem go away, or will there always be "99% cpu" issues trying to run 50+ cars? Same thing happens at Le Mans.
you have to make sure each and all the cars have their lods and don't have any kind of error

Guys, I have a problem...
Hundreds of buildings, 4-5 textures per building.
In game the textures are too bright...
I would like to specify the ambient, diffuse, specular parameters at the same time in 3DSimED.
In other cases, there is a User Variables section, option.
In this case, it doesn't appear, I can't find it.
Maybe someone knows the solution? Thanks!

View attachment 1295681

View attachment 1295682

View attachment 1295683
With CSP the textures are not too bright btw.

Screenshot_shelby_series1_citta_16-9-123-17-50-5.jpg

in the data directory edit the car.ini and under

[PIT_STOP]
FUEL_LITER_TIME_SEC=0.6 ; time spent to put 1 lt of fuel inside the car

here you can edit how much gas you add in ...until the tank is full

like 0.6 sec for 1 liter (metric power!)

or you can edit it to 0.01 xD

Last edited:
Another finished pack, several versions of Alfa Romeo (late 60s, early 70s) with improvements in textures/shadows, where possible, from our mate "MrHunt".

Three of them, just skins (as most already have the base car and what's more to avoid problems). Below are prints of some versions of the pack.An "IMPORTANT" reminder.

The version of "lm70.75_Alfa Romeo_t33tt3 1972_leMans.targa_f" has 2 ".kn5" files...
when racing at Targa Florio and Brands Hatch change the "lods" file to the corresponding version "tf72_f"

Good fun!!!

ALFA ROMEO - Several versions ( '60-'70 )

Always remembering that the "imported" models are from the "Absolute Le Mans Modding Team" group of the GTR2 simulator

Antoniog7772
Jempy
Marco1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Another important quote ... cars "ARE NOT COMPLETCONVERSIONS", but "PARTIAL", most of them are imported only the "main body" in the mechanical part (wheels, engine, instrument panel, etc.) , of a "base car".Many skins had to adjust/adapt, because there were not in the original models .... so I researched some photos on the internet and adapted.
Can you reupload the link? It gaves me privacy error

in the data directory edit the car.ini and under

[PIT_STOP]
FUEL_LITER_TIME_SEC=0.6 ; time spent to put 1 lt of fuel inside the car

here you can edit how much gas you add in ...until the tank is full

like 0.6 sec for 1 liter (metric power!)

or you can edit it to 0.01 xD
Thank you 😁

As far as I know, VR is a GPU killer - this problem only gets worst since AC is a terribly optimized game (as everyone knows). If you want to play with that many cars with it you would probably need a NASA computer or downgrade a little your graphics (especially things like lights and shadows).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back