Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
This Is Fine GIF
Running Water Art GIF by CmdrKitten
Cat Waterfall GIF

-------------------------------------************************-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------************************-------------------------------------------
--
The 0.34 release of the AC modding manual 3.0 (ACMM 3.0) is out!

Immagine 2023-04-02 104744.png

--
--
--
Go get it here:
-- https://assettocorsathemanual.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------**************----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------**************----------------------------------------

24H
Chevron B8 FVA @ Blackwood Circuit......................@ BrandsHatch everything looks fineView attachment 1310053
I think you crashed the car before you took that screenshot. The front and rear outer clamshells deform if you damage the front or rear. The inside of them does not follow suit because that object is not split between front and rear (or matching the clamshells), therefore that opens up those gaps if you deform them.

Last edited:
Released : Hyundai Genisis GR.3 ´13
Author:F302
3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 (Body Mapping)
3d work:F302
Sound : Kunos Lotus Evora GX (Placeholder)
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4

knowing bugs: skin

have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/npek8y09w9phux8/f302_hyundai_genesis_gr3.zip/file

__custom_showroom_1702058871.jpg

GRiD Autosport - Washington D.C v1.0

View attachment 1309903View attachment 1309906View attachment 1309909View attachment 1309910

features:
  • 26 pit/grid
  • fwd/rev layouts with AI
  • animated flags, helicopters, etc
  • extended audio effects
  • custom night lighting
  • weather/seasons
*track requires CSP

credits:

A very big thank you to all the above mentioned, and unmentioned... without your help I could not bring these creative efforts to the community in such high standard of quality and completeness. THANK YOU

:: DOWNLOAD ::
These conversions from Grid2 and Grid AS are just awesome, do you have any plans to convert some more from the series?

hi , there's this car mod which I can't seem to modify with CSP extension code, eg putting paint on it doesn't work... or changing shader values for the windows etc.

It's the "Mazda RX-7(FD3S) ZERO" by Zinhime Mods.
The mod has no extension folder at all , and I am putting an ext_config.ini in a skin's folder...
Should there be already an extension folder with ext_config.ini w some specific minimal code , for individual skin extension cfg to work? Or should it work solely with a cfg ini file in the skin folder?

Noteworthy is the body material is called "body" ... could this weird character included in the name of the material be causing CSP to not work on it?
Or any other idea's why this one doesn't seem to accept CSP? (you can download a copy here if you wanna check it out - it had disturbing reflections in the windshield which I had to fix via CM Showroom, so the kn5 is altered! backup is included though)
(in skin "1" there's the ext_config.ini with cameleon paint which does not reflect in game)

1702128589586.png

EDIT : the solution was to put "body?" as CarPaintMaterial

Last edited:
Hi guys, and of course, an extra special hello to the courtesy squad!

I'll begin by giving a gigantic shout-out to all the helpful modders in here! The knowledge level most of you have are off the scale!

Just a couple of months into the game I'm amazed at the vibrant modding scene! This in turn has led me in to an old interest I used to have, i.e. making liveries. So I thought; what the heck, lets make a personal skin for AC! I used to make skins eons ago for TOCA2 and Race07 (and maybe some more racing games I can't remember right now...?) So I started with a random car from my 5 star list, the asr_asr2championship. And, well, this has proven to be a pretty tedious journey so far... I've been sitting with this for days now, partly because I've made so many stupid beginner mistakes, and partly because my Photoshop skills are not up to par in certain areas anymore...

Right now it looks something like this:

custom_showroom_1701873173.jpg

Yeah, I know the vast majority of users are into the "immersion thing", and that's perfectly fine, but I personally appreciate fictional liveries more as I think they have the potential to bring out the "true artist" behind the keyboard (I mean, how many red Ferraris of the same model do you really need, just because a certain decal has been changed for a certain race...? :) As a Nvidia fan boy (hmm, sometimes maybe...) I just happen to start with that theme. I had a "tech-pack" in the the back of my head with AMD, Intel, Asus, Microsoft and others in that field of business.

I've ironed out most of the problems I've had, but there's one file/texture in particular I cant't get my grip on (part of the floor/sidepod):

f2c_sticker_carbon3.jpg

I want to change the decals on this part. Most of the original cars have a certain file in the skin folder that looks something like this:

f2c_sticker_carbon.jpg

This file doesn't react to editing like the other files though... What's that green garbled background behind the decals...? If I remove the decals and put other decals on there, the original decals is still there, messing it up... If i calculate the relevant AO from CM showroom I get this:

f2c_sticker_carbon2.jpg

That's clearly not what I want. Does anyone of you gurus know the way around this?

Another problem is with the texture for the upper rear wing. It shows just fine in the CM showroom as you can see in the first picture above. On track however, i'ts just black, like this:

rear wing.jpg

As far I can see this is unfortunately true for all the original skins of this car, so I guess it's some kind of problem with the base model that can't be fixed by any other than ASR themselves, or is it? Would love your opinion on that!

Last edited:
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4

have fun!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/npek8y09w9phux8/f302_hyundai_genesis_gr3.zip/file

View attachment 1310139
A little typo on the name Genisis instead of Genesis :embarrassed:

1702129523671.png

Also why is Macedo credited in the WSC pack when the R380-II was first imported from FM7 by... Legion ? It's the same model down to the texture names lol.
He's credited on others too that he didnt import as well... Guess he worked on them some tho

WORLD SPORTCAR 60S LEGENDS IST SOFORT VERBOTEN:

So now I've had plenty of time to test the WCL. Firstly, the cars look great and it's just a dream to get new mod packs like this and to donate to them.
Nevertheless, I am a bit divided. The physics of the cars are very good and everything is beautiful from the outside. However, the quality of the cockpits and dashboard is very different. The display instruments on the Corvette are more at the level of 2013 and not 2023, as is the Porsche. It's better today. Jaguar, Ford GT 40 are very nice again. . I also ask to be understood correctly here. I don't want to grumble, because what has been achieved here is great, but it's about things that are possible at today's modder level.

Last edited:
Also why is Macedo credited in the WSC pack when the R380-II was first imported from FM7 by... Legion ? It's the same model down to the texture names lol.

Legion's version was originally done by Macedo and used in an online league. Legion made some tweaks and released it. So yes, it was originally. And he chipped in on loads of the others, the Jag particularly is all his - check out the animations in the engine with the F6 cams on that one. There's a lot of people's work in this pack overall (I think 20+), proper community effort.

So now I've had plenty of time to test the WCL. Firstly, the cars look great and it's just a dream to get new mod packs like this and to donate to them.
Nevertheless, I am a bit divided. The physics of the cars are very good and everything is beautiful from the outside. However, the quality of the cockpits and dashboard is very different. The display instruments on the Corvette are more at the level of 2013 and not 2023, as is the Porsche. It's better today. Jaguar, Ford GT 40 are very nice again. The FFB also often feels very harsh and rough. I use a Fanatec DD1 and here, of course, the question is with which wheel and settings the developers have tested (Damper, Inertia, etc.). That can quickly make a difference. For me, the M1 Procar from Pfalzdriver is an absolute reference for a successful FFB, smooth and detailed. The question is whether it really needs such heavy blows to the wheel. I had to turn down the FFB everywhere. I'm curious to see what others here in the forum think. I also ask to be understood correctly here. I don't want to grumble, because what has been achieved here is great, but it's about things that are possible at today's modder level.

All fair comment. The manual though points out that it's a collection of models and conversions from different people at different times (at different skill sets). It's not presented as a professional project and makes no claim to be. I think there's a bit of a fair quality for quantity trade off, but overall it makes a nice pack for varied racing and driving.

On the FFB front, Jake's opinion seemed positive in the vid, but no doubt there'll be more and most of Bazza's other packs have a 1.1 or 1.2 version, so may see changes in future. Very subjective issue though, often seems with FFB one person's apple is another's orange.

Last edited:
If you think the AI lines are gud, some work can be done to make'em faster by adding few lines of code on the AI Hints file.
I was tempted to record a new line for RMI Silverstone 75 THR but right now I'm ok with almost 3 seconds gained by the AI by just adding hints.

Could someone please help me with the AI lines on rt_bathurst? I think I got them from Rainmaker as well, but the AI is still pretty slow at the mountain section, especially at the first downhill corners at the esses (10, 11 & 12). Even tried to record my own ones but they will still drive very slow through that specific section and when I try to change something on the ai_hints file, then they crash at the same place!

Just bought this game yesterday on Steam. And only yesterday I first time paid attention to it cause wanted something more advanced than Gran Turismo 1 or 2. I can't wait to test mods on it.
Do you know that presently, Gran Tourismo 7 is available and running fine?

Calling out sick from work for the rest of today!
Sometimes I think how it is great to be sick, for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
GRiD Autosport - Washington D.C v1.01

1702138415528.png

features:
  • 26 pit/grid
  • fwd/rev layouts with AI (updated in v1.01)
  • animated flags, helicopters, etc (fixed in v1.01)
  • extended audio effects
  • custom night lighting
  • weather/seasons
*track requires CSP

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:

Also, something is coming from vrc.

Has anyone worked out what config edit will disable the annoying start sequence on these cars?
It doesn't work when rotary switches are mapped to EXTRA_A and EXTRA_B, and I'm not remapping my wheel bindings just so I can jump through a couple of hoops on these cars.
I hope VRC are listening. Lots of people use steering wheel rotary switches for EXTRA_A, _B, _C and _D.
Not actually been able to drive either of these cars yet.

Last edited:

hi, thanks you for this beautifull work!
Fired up this track (v1.0) and first lap my GPU was working overtime (like 2 tot 3 times as much with even >100% GPU - I don't know how that can be even...still). Couldn't keep up a steady 72fps, instead it went down to about 50fps.

I'm happy I decided to stick with it and not stop mid first lap...
Because after one lap fps became stable and GPU usage went down to approx 50% (which is still much on my system but I guess normal for all the bells and whistles on this one) (for comparison , on Shi's wonderfull Fliegerhorst track I have approx 20-30% gpu usage w same car/grid and all same settings.)

Anyway, I gather it has to do with something needed to be created and be put in cache first.

Now onto my question:
Is there a way to have the work that I is being done by the GPU as you do lap 1, upfront in CM or something (without driving) ?

Reason I ask is I just had a similar thing with the Halifax GP track, where it was even worse (only around 21fps),
I could not bare to finish the first lap to see if things would improve after , I had to stop after 2 corners , and will be motion sick for rest of the evening I'm afraid...

So would be helpfull to get a trick to prevent this 1st lap extra GPU labor (and even better if track builders could incorporate that in their releases ). I'm sure several ppl will just dismiss any track that performs bad right away, without knowing it could be a temporary thing...

hi, thanks you for this beautifull work!
Fired up this track (v1.0) and first lap my GPU was working overtime (like 2 tot 3 times as much with even >100% GPU - I don't know how that can be even...still). Couldn't keep up a steady 72fps, instead it went down to about 50fps.

I'm happy I decided to stick with it and not stop mid first lap...
Because after one lap fps became stable and GPU usage went down to approx 50% (which is still much on my system but I guess normal for all the bells and whistles on this one) (for comparison , on Shi's wonderfull Fliegerhorst track I have approx 20-30% gpu usage w same car/grid and all same settings.)

Anyway, I gather it has to do with something needed to be created and be put in cache first.

Now onto my question:
Is there a way to have the work that I is being done by the GPU as you do lap 1, upfront in CM or something (without driving) ?

Reason I ask is I just had a similar thing with the Halifax GP track, where it was even worse (only around 21fps),
I could not bare to finish the first lap to see if things would improve after , I had to stop after 2 corners , and will be motion sick for rest of the evening I'm afraid...

So would be helpfull to get a trick to prevent this 1st lap extra GPU labor (and even better if track builders could incorporate that in their releases ). I'm sure several ppl will just dismiss any track that performs bad right away, without knowing it could be a temporary thing...
Interesting. Thanks for the report

I have a real potato PC with a 1080ti running at 4k native, no issues nor behavior as this...
HOWEVER, previously I would get a small stutter about 1/2 lap in on the first outing, but not high GPU useage.
One person in beta testing reported a stutter as you, but without a high GPU use, and no others reported perf issues.

One idea is to try disabling some animations by renaming ./extension/flagwaver.ini to .bak, but I think this is not the issue.

It is also possible some combo of options in CM/CSP are contributing to this (as in other tracks too) which is the most plausable issue

Help needed making physics and driver animations for my Z GT500 mod

I'm about to finish my Z GT500 except for the physics and driver animation + sound, I know there is a Blender driver rig by Stereo but no matter what I do the end result is always like the driver has a broken arm with alien hand syndrome, so if anybody is up for the work, let me know.

Another important thing would be the physics, I was never a big expert for physics especially not when need to make bopped car class physics, unfortunate that this car doesn't have many specs stated except the basics, if you were always good with such, please write me here or in DM, I really want to make this car as good as possible so I'm searching for the best people do the physics, I have asked like 8 people and on Discord servers + RD/Reddit already but no one is really up for the work...

Unfortunately I can't pay with money, but I can send an unencrypted version of the mod as a reward, and I can send the 3D model of the finished car too that I'm planning to sell for €20, so you can make renders, edits, skins etc.

Please contact me if you're willing to help, preferably on Discord as I'm not active on this site anymore.

Thanks in advance if you can help me making the Super GT grid wider!

Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-2-48.png
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-8-7.png
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-18-51.png
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-16-20.png
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-4-1.png

hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4

have fun!

View attachment 1310139
What a nice mod wow!

Interesting. Thanks for the report

I have a real potato PC with a 1080ti running at 4k native, no issues nor behavior as this...
HOWEVER, previously I would get a small stutter about 1/2 lap in on the first outing, but not high GPU useage.
One person in beta testing reported a stutter as you, but without a high GPU use, and no others reported perf issues.

One idea is to try disabling some animations by renaming ./extension/flagwaver.ini to .bak, but I think this is not the issue.

It is also possible some combo of options in CM/CSP are contributing to this (as in other tracks too) which is the most plausable issue
since after doing a lap the performance went to being ok, I don't see the need to disable anything...

I would like to know what it is that makes the GPU usage skyrocket (and then goes away).

As I said it seems like something is being generated/cached on the first lap , and then once done , it's no longer happening...

On the other hand , I encountered the opposite w Shi's most recent posted track, where in the first lap all was fine (started out w +- 25% usage ), and then after 1 or 2 laps GPU started hitting +100% usage (which continued after doing 2 more laps) ...

So that kinda blows that theory out of the water... and I think I need to figure this one out myself. Prob. not related to the tracks themselves then...

New car from CHEMFLUMMI
The RWD brand is a fictional car brand, created by the Canadian Ryan Day. He designed the RWD-Fenix P20-4 for the Project Cars game. It is a fictional LMP2 with a Single Turbo Flat 4 engine and a pneumatic hybrid system. The car has 471bhp and 532Nm of torque combined with a dry weight of 940kg. That makes the P20-4 to a weapon on almost every track!

1702150307794.png

Last edited:
hi , there's this car mod which I can't seem to modify with CSP extension code, eg putting paint on it doesn't work... or changing shader values for the windows etc.

It's the "Mazda RX-7(FD3S) ZERO" by Zinhime Mods.
The mod has no extension folder at all , and I am putting an ext_config.ini in a skin's folder...
Should there be already an extension folder with ext_config.ini w some specific minimal code , for individual skin extension cfg to work? Or should it work solely with a cfg ini file in the skin folder?

Noteworthy is the body material is called "body" ... could this weird character included in the name of the material be causing CSP to not work on it?
Or any other idea's why this one doesn't seem to accept CSP? (you can download a copy here if you wanna check it out - it had disturbing reflections in the windshield which I had to fix via CM Showroom, so the kn5 is altered! backup is included though)
(in skin "1" there's the ext_config.ini with cameleon paint which does not reflect in game)

View attachment 1310147
iirc replacing special characters with '?' should make it read correctly (i.e., "body?")
Has anyone worked out what config edit will disable the annoying start sequence on these cars?
It doesn't work when rotary switches are mapped to EXTRA_A and EXTRA_B, and I'm not remapping my wheel bindings just so I can jump through a couple of hoops on these cars.
I hope VRC are listening. Lots of people use steering wheel rotary switches for EXTRA_A, _B, _C and _D.
Not actually been able to drive either of these cars yet.
If you mean that silly "turn on your engine to drive" thing then that's in their lua script rather than ext config

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back