- 548

- United Kingdom
Also why is Macedo credited in the WSC pack when the R380-II was first imported from FM7 by... Legion ? It's the same model down to the texture names lol.
Legion's version was originally done by Macedo and used in an online league. Legion made some tweaks and released it. So yes, it was originally. And he chipped in on loads of the others, the Jag particularly is all his - check out the animations in the engine with the F6 cams on that one. There's a lot of people's work in this pack overall (I think 20+), proper community effort.
So now I've had plenty of time to test the WCL. Firstly, the cars look great and it's just a dream to get new mod packs like this and to donate to them.
Nevertheless, I am a bit divided. The physics of the cars are very good and everything is beautiful from the outside. However, the quality of the cockpits and dashboard is very different. The display instruments on the Corvette are more at the level of 2013 and not 2023, as is the Porsche. It's better today. Jaguar, Ford GT 40 are very nice again. The FFB also often feels very harsh and rough. I use a Fanatec DD1 and here, of course, the question is with which wheel and settings the developers have tested (Damper, Inertia, etc.). That can quickly make a difference. For me, the M1 Procar from Pfalzdriver is an absolute reference for a successful FFB, smooth and detailed. The question is whether it really needs such heavy blows to the wheel. I had to turn down the FFB everywhere. I'm curious to see what others here in the forum think. I also ask to be understood correctly here. I don't want to grumble, because what has been achieved here is great, but it's about things that are possible at today's modder level.
All fair comment. The manual though points out that it's a collection of models and conversions from different people at different times (at different skill sets). It's not presented as a professional project and makes no claim to be. I think there's a bit of a fair quality for quantity trade off, but overall it makes a nice pack for varied racing and driving.
On the FFB front, Jake's opinion seemed positive in the vid, but no doubt there'll be more and most of Bazza's other packs have a 1.1 or 1.2 version, so may see changes in future. Very subjective issue though, often seems with FFB one person's apple is another's orange.
Last edited: