Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
Has anyone worked out what config edit will disable the annoying start sequence on these cars?
It doesn't work when rotary switches are mapped to EXTRA_A and EXTRA_B, and I'm not remapping my wheel bindings just so I can jump through a couple of hoops on these cars.
I hope VRC are listening. Lots of people use steering wheel rotary switches for EXTRA_A, _B, _C and _D.
Not actually been able to drive either of these cars yet.
they have that app that comes with them that helps with bindings. I just have a separate set of bindings for these cars.

Hello racers,

is there a 70s Brands Hatch track where the link is working?

I saw one in the tracklist but the link is down...

Last edited:
I personally found this really neat for those who using Xbox Series Controllers, adam10603 has released an update for Advanced Gamepad Assist (highly recommended btw) that added trigger vibrations for compatible Xbox controllers, but it only works if you have ABS and TCS turn off. So I made a small adjustment in a file that make the trigger vibrations work regardless if you have asset on or off similar how it did in Forza Motorsport 7.

Replace the "extra.lua" files, I made a backup file if it necessary.

Last edited:
Hello racers,

is there a 70s Brands Hatch track where the link is working?

I saw one in the tracklist but the link is down...
I think Weikangcai made the '76 Brands Hatch you reference - all I can say is that it was very WIP. I'm not sure, but I'd guess the link is down because he is currently working to update it.

I also saw a 60s version that someone was working on, but nothing new has come of it for a few months now.

For now, we will need to wait patiently, but it is somewhat odd that there has been no classic version of the track in the ~10 years AC has been around now.

Last edited:
As I said it seems like something is being generated/cached on the first lap , and then once done , it's no longer happening...

Hey, I randomly found this forum thread while googling. I'm the creator of Halifax GP and sorry to say but no clue what is causing that behavior. Assetto loads everything during the initial loading screen. Nothing is being cached or generated during gameplay. You can go into the photo mode and save specific coordinates in the last tab to compare fps in the same spot.
You should not be able to see any differences between your first and 50th lap. That's just not how AC works. In other words, something seems to be scuffed with your game.

I did update the track yesterday though so that might help you out. The next csp version will also help some more with performance. Only thing I can advice you is to reinstall CSP and Pure/SOL.

Hey, I randomly found this forum thread while googling. I'm the creator of Halifax GP and sorry to say but no clue what is causing that behavior. Assetto loads everything during the initial loading screen. Nothing is being cached or generated during gameplay. You can go into the photo mode and save specific coordinates in the last tab to compare fps in the same spot.
You should not be able to see any differences between your first and 50th lap. That's just not how AC works. In other words, something seems to be scuffed with your game.

I did update the track yesterday though so that might help you out. The next csp version will also help some more with performance. Only thing I can advice you is to reinstall CSP and Pure/SOL.
Welcome to GTP

umb
New car from CHEMFLUMMI
The RWD brand is a fictional car brand, created by the Canadian Ryan Day. He designed the RWD-Fenix P20-4 for the Project Cars game. It is a fictional LMP2 with a Single Turbo Flat 4 engine and a pneumatic hybrid system. The car has 471bhp and 532Nm of torque combined with a dry weight of 940kg. That makes the P20-4 to a weapon on almost every track!

View attachment 1310338
sorry, but you can't download, page not found error

i totally forgot that very nice track. thanks for the reminder.
do you have the latest stuff for this track for me?
if it is not done yet, i can do a full rework perhaps in xmas holidays.
My track folder´s name is mshanghai. Don´t know if there is another one floating around (saw some from ACF). I uploaded it right now, here you go:

mshanghai.rar - 42.8 MB

The track is really great, but could have some treatment, yes.

X90
Random bit of feedback for @Rainmaker87's Hockenheim AI update: It's fantastic. I highly recommend everyone grab it who hasn't - it's linked on Breathe's spreadsheet as the last Mediafire entry. Had a surprisingly great time doing a full weekend in the URD DTMs.

Hockenheim AI 3.0 Rainmaker

AI is sensible, safe and realistically behaved throughout the lap - it almost makes you forget you're playing Assetto, to be honest. No stupid divebombs, no retirements, realistic racing with AI safely passing each other (and myself). Really great.

Criticisms are minimal - in fact, really, just one point - the AI is just a little slow through T1 and the T9-10 junction. Very safe through those two corners - perhaps a bit too safe, with too heavy braking into 1 and a mid-corner brake through 10 where there should be a long lift. I'd say there's about ~6 tenths still in there for the line.

Figured I'd share feedback, even though I generally don't see much of that for AI lines around here. Overall, really impressed considering how crap the AI in AC can be, and I now will actually sift through Rainmaker's hundreds (thousands?) of updates to see if there are any more AI fixes.

Cheers for the great work.
Thanks for kind words. It's hundreds not thousands :-P

iirc replacing special characters with '?' should make it read correctly (i.e., "body?")

If you mean that silly "turn on your engine to drive" thing then that's in their lua script rather than ext config
Can you please elaborate, or advise what needs changing to disable it? Nothing is immediately obvious and lua scripting is a bit of a black art to me.

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate, or advise what needs changing to disable it? Nothing is immediately obvious and lua scripting is a bit of a black art to me.
just use the normal version without all the fancy CSP additions. IMO you aren't losing out on anything and the normal version drives just as well as the CSP one.
That way you don't even have to think about messing with scripts and can just drive straight away

Last edited:
acf_shanghainfs

pit upgrade by foxeway

seems like this is the best version we have.
Seems acf version and mshanghai are from the same source?
1702211909646.png

mshanghai also seems newer than acf one.

Edit: yes, mshanghai definitely is better than the acf one (better textures and trees).

Last edited:
just use the normal version without all the fancy CSP additions. IMO you aren't losing out on anything and the normal version drives just as well as the CSP one.
That way you don't even have to think about messing with scripts and can just drive straight away
Thanks mate, I did consider that, but there seems seems to be some emissives and other shader goodies in the CSP car.
If possible I'd just like to rebind the starter controls in the config/lua or disable the start sequence entirely.
You'd think this would be obvious and easy (like on their previous cars) but for some reason VRC appear to have made it unnecessarily complicated on these new cars.

Does anyone have any fresh insight as to why my (SHH Newt) shifter would register inputs in Content Manager but no longer in-game? It worked fine for a couple of years, and it works fine in other sims.

Thanks!

shi
Groeninghe Park v1.1

View attachment 1238175
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layouts

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by fiedel
-Attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Rain FX by @twobegreen
Additional cam by @DaBaeda
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
background, cameraman, tree, tent and some textures by kunos
Low poly RVs by Rigel:
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot , @Fanapryde , @twobegreen

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

-The pit_lane.ai for both layouts was changed to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)
-Fixed floating cars.
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Changed spectator textures to those of Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Pit tents now appear according to the number of entries.
-Added cam by DaBaeda. (Thanks)
-Other minor fixes.

Groeninghe Park v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
-The pit_lane.ai for both layouts was changed to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)
-Fixed floating cars.
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Changed spectator textures to those of Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Pit tents now appear according to the number of entries.
-Added cam by DaBaeda. (Thanks)
-Other minor fixes.

Thanks mate, I did consider that, but there seems seems to be some emissives and other shader goodies in the CSP car.
If possible I'd just like to rebind the starter controls in the config/lua or disable the start sequence entirely.
You'd think this would be obvious and easy (like on their previous cars) but for some reason VRC appear to have made it unnecessarily complicated on these new cars.
I have no real clue where this stuff is hidden anyway.
It's such a pain when these things are implemented without the option to disable them being a simple thing. If I discover how to fix this I'll send it your way

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back