Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,714 comments
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with this Toyota Castrol Supra Gt500 (maybe a GT7 conversion). From inside the passenger compartment the front lights do not activate, while from the outside they do (images 1 and 2). Any solution? Thanks in advance
1.png
2.png

Free release MOD

1996 Ferrari 550 Maranello

Model : Wire Wheels Club
Active Extra
・EXTRA A : Front fog light
・EXTRA B : Rear fog light
・EXTRA C : Room light
・EXTRA D : Security alarm light

Features implemented
・Rim blur
・AO map
・Reflecting light
・LODs (created with Blender)
・Switch Low / High beam
・Light (Turn, Reverse, Fog, Plate, Room, Gauge, Security)
・Various analog meters (Oil, Water, Fuel, Clock)
・Various indicator light
・Active wiper
・Drivable AI

In order to release in the fine quality possible, after going through a Closed Beta Test and developing while testing, today is the official release. This time I tried Reflecting-Light and Rim-blur for the first time.
With permission from Mr.GADU, many data and files from his created 575M Maranello are used.

※Not encryption
View attachment 1304608View attachment 1304611View attachment 1304612View attachment 1304613View attachment 1304610
550 Maranello updated to version 1.2 !!
スクリーンショット (1816).png
スクリーンショット (1817).png
スクリーンショット (1819).png
スクリーンショット (1821).png

If you're looking for grid fillers from the period, don't forget the amazing Shaun Clarke '95-'97 Vauxhall Cavalier. Well not only as grid filler. It could easily be part of the pack (physics wise). Only now, when we have these great VRC cars, can we see, how good the physics were on that car. And how accurate. Simply amazing. And there are also all high quality liveries available from all 3 seasons.
The Cavalier sticks out a bit because it doesn't have a rear spoiler like the rest of the field.

Can someone please remind me where the setting to replace the driver nationality flags with the ai skill level (in the driver list). Goin cross-eyed lookin... (and way too often the flags are wrong anyway)

While I'm here: The new CSP update has all the drivers leaving their pit stalls at the exact same moment (in track-day mode for sure)... kinda like the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Breaks the illusion for sure. Then the pileups in pitlane (at Laguna Seca) and turn one ensue... Like they fired the strategists who were trying to get some free air on track. Can you imagine the coordination it would take in real world? (as the BOP proceeds, there's less crashing, but...)

Last edited:
Can someone please remind me where the setting to replace the driver nationality flags with the ai skill level (in the driver list). Goin cross-eyed lookin... (and way too often the flags are wrong anyway)

While I'm here: The new CSP update has all the drivers leaving their pit stalls at the exact same moment (in track-day mode for sure)... kinda like the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Breaks the illusion for sure. Then the pileups in pitlane (at Laguna Seca) and turn one ensue... Like they fired the strategists who were trying to get some free air on track. Can you imagine the coordination it would take in real world? (bad idea Ilya.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-17 175322.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-17 175322.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 12

While I'm here: The new CSP update has all the drivers leaving their pit stalls at the exact same moment (in track-day mode for sure)... kinda like the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Breaks the illusion for sure. Then the pileups in pitlane (at Laguna Seca) and turn one ensue... Like they fired the strategists who were trying to get some free air on track. Can you imagine the coordination it would take in real world? (bad idea Ilya.)
Much like IRL :lol:

Is anybody else experiencing this silliness when you have AI control the CSP versions of the VRC touring cars?
Screenshot 2023-12-17 154239.png

I suppressed the warning by unpacking the data file and deleting some stuff in script.lua... so if you're experiencing the same, open that file up and search for 'missing' and you should find the bit you need to delete.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you all know that I formatted my harddrive and did a fresh install of Windows, without backing up any mods or setups or anything. Zen style, letting go of all material goods, accepting that nothing is eternal or irreplaceable. The journey is the goal itself.

And taking a drive in a fresh AC is like starting the joy of the journey all over again. Now I'm just installing the bare necessities of mods, and the exact car and track I want to drive, and nothing more. It's actually quite refreshing. No more hoarding for me.

I double dare you all to do the same before Christmas - it's like a good house cleaning. :dunce:

Yeah, race weekend qualifying is borked too. All the AI cars immediately leave the pits and post hilariously slow times because they're too busy fighting each other. They also don't seem interested in pitting which makes me suspect they're carrying too much fuel as well.

Last edited:
that new csp preview update has serious issue with AI

they don't know how to leave the pits and just try to go through wall to make it to track and get stuck.

the track that they do work

like poster above said they leave on top of each other

Ilja needs to create AI test features section in Content Manager so these changes can be turned off when things are not working correctly.

Like on this new update

what setting causes this when you take screenshots?

Attachments

• whatsettingthis.png
    whatsettingthis.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
For me car no 4 on the grid fails to launch and the other AI cars seem to then home in on it causing impressive pile ups. Back to previous version for a while I think.

The Cavalier sticks out a bit because it doesn't have a rear spoiler like the rest of the field.

Ah, yes the spoiler drama launched by Alfa 155 in 1994 comes to AC as well. :)

An interesting read if anybody is interested (https://www.touringcartimes.com/2009/03/15/road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-alfa-romeo-155/) what happened and how rear wing got from forbidden in 1994 to compulsory in 1995. The Cavalier being a car that launched in 1994 and lived through the drama looked like this in 1994 (photo 1) and than had an aftermarket totally out of place spoiler fitted in 1995 (photo 2). Front spoiler was added as well. So somebody should make a home garage totally out of place version of the spoiler for the car to make it homologation worthy for 1995 and onwards :)

Version from here has these modifications:

Attachments

• 1994Cleland.jpg
    1994Cleland.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Vauxhall_Cavalier_BTCC_1995_John_Cleland_Model_Racing_Cars_0310f215-a5e1-43fe-ab49-517df55d6ca1.JPG
    Vauxhall_Cavalier_BTCC_1995_John_Cleland_Model_Racing_Cars_0310f215-a5e1-43fe-ab49-517df55d6ca1.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
in Shibuya Street at night it appears white (using pure)
Same with the matte skin, but the first glossy skin does not

Attachments

• Screenshot_urd_gr010__lmh_shibuya_grid_17-11-123-11-25-20.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_gr010__lmh_shibuya_grid_17-11-123-11-25-20.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_urd_gr010__lmh_shibuya_grid_17-11-123-11-24-32.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_gr010__lmh_shibuya_grid_17-11-123-11-24-32.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 11
Who is behind these beautiful skins?

I searched all over the place but I couldn´t find anything about them (like a link or smt). I'm really interested in those skins for the 914s and the Alpine.

Last edited:
Is anybody else experiencing this silliness when you have AI control the CSP versions of the VRC touring cars?
View attachment 1312532

I suppressed the warning by unpacking the data file and deleting some stuff in script.lua... so if you're experiencing the same, open that file up and search for 'missing' and you should find the bit you need to delete.
Is that a modern version of the Monza Junior course? Where do you find that?

Last edited:
that new csp preview update has serious issue with AI

they don't know how to leave the pits and just try to go through wall to make it to track and get stuck.

the track that they do work

like poster above said they leave on top of each other

Ilja needs to create AI test features section in Content Manager so these changes can be turned off when things are not working correctly.

Like on this new update

what setting causes this when you take screenshots?
Set SSLR to this

1702841465776.png

I want to try something with a track skin where I use a type of ext_config file in a track skin folder that only takes effect when that skin is enabled. I've seen it done before so I know it works by giving the file a name of whatever.ini.dds. In that config file I want to reference a folder in the track's extension folder. Problem I have is i'm not sure how to make the path to point from the skins\default folder (where the config file is when that skin is enabled) back to the track's extension folder.

If this makes sense to anyone who would know how to set the reference path back to the extension folder, i'd appreciate some help. Thanks...

I want to try something with a track skin where I use a type of ext_config file in a track skin folder that only takes effect when that skin is enabled. I've seen it done before so I know it works by giving the file a name of whatever.ini.dds. In that config file I want to reference a folder in the track's extension folder. Problem I have is i'm not sure how to make the path to point from the skins\default folder (where the config file is when that skin is enabled) back to the track's extension folder.

If this makes sense to anyone who would know how to set the reference path back to the extension folder, i'd appreciate some help. Thanks...
In the windows filesystem, ".." refers to the parent of the current folder, so try "..\..\..\extension\ext_config.ini"
So the current folder is the named skin. "..\..\..\" gets you to "cm_skins", "skins" and then the track folder.

In the windows filesystem, ".." refers to the parent of the current folder, so try "..\..\..\extension\ext_config.ini"
So the current folder is the named skin. "..\..\..\" gets you to "cm_skins", "skins" and then the track folder.
Thank you. I will try that and see what happens.

Hi everyone.

I'm new here so I must apologize if my cuestión was solved too many times before.

These days I'm trying to make a DTM Championship of The middle 90s. Using the Kunos 155V6 and the Klass C/ Calibra from modders. I'm using de Nurburgring GP Track as a time test track and I'm very dissapointed.

Mercedes 2:05:xxx
Calibra 2:07:xxx
Alfa 2:17:xxx

I've tryed these differences using the ballast and the restrictor, but for me something doesn't work because I've to put 600kgs of ballast and restrictor 100/70 for Merc and Opel.

Please, can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to make the Alfa fast enough to fight with the others rivals?

Thank you very much!

Edit: Finally I've found a Evo versión of The Alfa and it's faster thank the others, not mucho, maybe a half of second but for me that's a reasonable different. If anyone want to try this car you'll find the download in The description of this video.

Last edited:
*** Sorry if this has been answered, i really dont have time to read 16 pages to catch up - BUT, are you talking about having skins that are, for example, BTCC 1998? The way I got around that was cloning the car, going back into content manager finding the cloned car, removing the irrelevant skins that weren't 1998 (in this example). Then I would go into the content tab for each cloned car and changing the brand to BTCC 1998 and making a brand tag for that group of cars. So when you look in the menu's they are all catagorised and in one place. Like this...
Your logos are great! Are you the creator?

Is any one else having soft lock issues with thrustmaster wheels.
soft locks stopped working on my T500 in AC and automobilista.
So I connected my TSPC wheel and still no soft locks.
Tried older drivers nothing helps.
TIA

Hi everyone.

I'm new here so I must apologize if my cuestión was solved too many times before.

These days I'm trying to make a DTM Championship of The middle 90s. Using the Kunos 155V6 and the Klass C/ Calibra from modders. I'm using de Nurburgring GP Track as a time test track and I'm very dissapointed.

Mercedes 2:05:xxx
Calibra 2:07:xxx
Alfa 2:17:xxx

I've tryed these differences using the ballast and the restrictor, but for me something doesn't work because I've to put 600kgs of ballast and restrictor 100/70 for Merc and Opel.

Please, can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to make the Alfa fast enough to fight with the others rivals?

Thank you very much!

Edit: Finally I've found a Evo versión of The Alfa and it's faster thank the others, not mucho, maybe a half of second but for me that's a reasonable different. If anyone want to try this car you'll find the download in The description of this video.

both tires and aero can make very big diffrences, you might want to try playing with lower aero drag

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back