Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,752 comments
New Content Manager update is lit, and it fixes the geotag bug amongst others:

1707865606612.png

Thank you very much but the audio doesn't work
He forgot to change the folder names in the GUIDs file. Not sure I did this exactly right, but this should fix it somewhat until he does a proper update.

On another note, has anyone ever fixed or know how to fix the windscreen banner bleeding in the rain on the RSS GT pack cars? For example, the Ferrari 550 GTS Maranello.

Attachments

• yzd_porsche_911_rsr_gte_2018_sound_fix.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
There is only 1 thing where the Quest 3 has a big problem right now. The render jitter is very bad. In comparison with HP Reverb G2, the G2 has nearly non of the jitter. Some say shining, shimmer or what ever to this phenomenon. I wished there would be a G3 with the lenses from the Quest 3 (and maybe the displays too) and all other things from the G2.
Yep... I'm also getting some crazy jitter/shimmer and screen tear in one eye, when I exit a session. Happens with AMS 2 as well. Doesn't matter if I use a usb cable or air link. Pressing the power button twice resets the screen and it goes away, only to return most of the time when jumping into a new session or exiting. Frustrating as I get pretty good performance out of it when it is working. Annoying.

EDIT: found out it was a windows 11 setting... turned off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in Default graphic settings and it's working well now.

Last edited:
New Content Manager update is lit, and it fixes the geotag bug amongst others:

View attachment 1327975
Good that this was pushed. No indication of memory leaks so far in 15 minutes of browsing around content.

The Geo Locator is slower and pulls more unnecessary stuff (we really only need the geo coordinates, not the town description and such), but it works as intended now 100% of the time, which is good enough.

I can say, though, that the "editing layouts" problems are not fixed. For example, I would like to change the Layout Name of the "Grand East" course at VIR as "Virginia International Raceway Grand East Course", but when I do that, the Full Name changes, and everything shifts. Despite the third from last bullet point vaguely addressing this, it's still very much a problem.

There are lots of little UI things like this, including but not limited to saves not "sticking", that I wish he'd focus on, but CSP is the priority and I understand that.

View attachment 1323907View attachment 1323908
Is this the one you are looking for? I converted it a few months back and di a bit of work to add wheel covers to the Lemans car.
View attachment 1323907View attachment 1323908
Is this the one you are looking for? I converted it a few months back and di a bit of work to add wheel covers to the Lemans car.
Thanks for sharing the Mini Marcos and for adding the wheel covers to the Le Mans car.

Anyone knows who made the "morgan_aero_ss_ver3-1" (morgan_aero_ss.kn5) ?

I went a little wild with fixing stuff and want to ask permission to share it with you guys.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    268 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    398 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    404.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled5.png
    Untitled5.png
    411 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled6.png
    Untitled6.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled7.png
    Untitled7.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled8.png
    Untitled8.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled9.png
    Untitled9.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled10.png
    Untitled10.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 7
Just throwing this out there. I know some of this is ppfilter related so most people may not need it, but this is how I see Nords with the stock CSP config:

nords1.jpg

So I changed it to this:
nords2.jpg

If you have similar results, feel free to give this mod a try.

Nords Mod

If you do try it, a couple words of explanation.

-- Backup any files this may replace so you can revert back if it's not to your liking.
-- Always keep the Misc Textures skin enabled and one of the Grass and Trees skins. The difference between the two is how much saturation the textures have.
-- If you'd like to have the trees change look based on the seasons, also enable one of the Seasonal Textures skins. They are named to match the Grass and Trees skins they go with. I.E., you would enable Seasonal Textures 2 if you prefer the Grass and Trees 2 skin.
-- If you find the trees and grass too dark, there are two alternative ext_config files in the extension folder you can rename and try. One lightens up the grass only, one lightens up both the grass and trees.
-- I included optional VAO patches. They will cut some of the really dark shadows under the trees but may also make the trees lack shadow depth which is why I left them optional. I use them because I have never seen black shadows under trees in real life in the middle of the day but you may feel differently.
-- I also included a modified ai file for Nordschleife I made that gives me better race results. You may not see the same results but I no longer get the first lap pileup in the first few turns with this ai.

Last edited:
I think this is the best oval version of ims:

I tried the OVAL but it does not have the same feel has your track.
The full oval race track is available in your track its just blocked off with barriers.

One more video for this amazing race track. Fantastic work.

Last edited:
Some of us was speaking about missing Vintage Brands Hatch couple of days ago.

Did not try it yet, but here is a 1970s Skin released :
Well... the other morning I converted a 1966 Brands Hatch. Its not great, but not horrible. Road would need remeshing and a new landscape also. I cant predict anything, but dont hold your breath (sorry)

Hi, something on the 2010 mod by @kakauiyt , it's unraceable for me literally, whenever I do a race, the ai is pulling into the pits for some time and no reason, good you'd say but not on lap 3/4 and every lap from then on, I'm not facing the same problem with other mods and most interesting is that every car is doing this apart from the Red Bull RB6, I just don't why and how to stop it!
How long your races are? I just did 18 laps race at Bahrain without problems. On five lap races Ai pitted as you descriped.

Pekka

Last edited:
Is there a an easy way to add some shiny to this (or any other) paintjob? It's as matte as matte can be... (as are all the skins I've seen for this car (RSS))

View attachment 1327854
The Car Guy (wec24_#87-akkodis-asp) skin is matte for me too in showroom / preview / game, but the other skins are shiny.
HINT: to remove matte-finish look - rename/remove file name (EXT_Main_MAP.dds) located within skin-folders.

WITH (file)

with.png

WITHOUT (file)
without.png

Last edited:
HINT: to remove matte-finish look - rename/remove file name (EXT_Main_MAP.dds) located within skin-folders.

WITH (file)

View attachment 1328035

WITHOUT (file)
View attachment 1328037
Works a charm, thanks 😺

Anyone knows who made the "morgan_aero_ss_ver3-1" (morgan_aero_ss.kn5) ?

I went a little wild with fixing stuff and want to ask permission to share it with you guys.
i'm pretty sure it's the Peter Utecht, Pitone version

Great looking car, nice skins too. Thanks for sharing.
Quite a bit slower than the URD GT3 though and since I had no sound, I replaced it with the sfx from the URD
Hello, hope if you like it ! I fix the sound ! And for the data I only use the kunos rsr !

This car appears to not have audio. I have installed it through content manager , and also manually.
Thank you very much but the audio doesn't work
Hello guys ! I fix the sound ! You can download the update on my patreon page !

Have a nice day and have fun on track !

Last edited:
Last edited:
About the skins: 4 K ? I have 6.15 GB on skins alone...a bit overkill imo. They are all nice, but no way I'm keeping them all installed at this 'cost'

EG the complete ablzTarga Florio track is 'only' 5GB...
I definitely respect the criticism. I was aiming for February 14th as a hard deadline, so unlike someone like Carmar, didn't really have the foresight to release the pack with 2k, 3k, or 4k variants. I do like making things crisp and detailed, so when you're in that mindset you only realize how dense the file sizes become when it's too late. Probably a good indicator that I didn't have the makings of a software developer or game designer.

And already in hindsight I should've dropped the skins in more bite sized updates, again like Pasta or Carmar.

So if the complaints rack up, I'll definitely consider going back and downsizing the size and quality of the hako pack to be more user friendly.

I definitely respect the criticism. I was aiming for February 14th as a hard deadline, so unlike someone like Carmar, didn't really have the foresight to release the pack with 2k, 3k, or 4k variants. I do like making things crisp and detailed, so when you're in that mindset you only realize how dense the file sizes become when it's too late. Probably a good indicator that I didn't have the makings of a software developer or game designer.

And already in hindsight I should've dropped the skins in more bite sized updates, again like Pasta or Carmar.

So if the complaints rack up, I'll definitely consider going back and downsizing the size and quality of the hako pack to be more user friendly.
Hello there, nice to see you around!

Well... the other morning I converted a 1966 Brands Hatch. Its not great, but not horrible. Road would need remeshing and a new landscape also. I cant predict anything, but dont hold your breath (sorry)
When will you release it? It's just what I need

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back