Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
I have defeated the final boss that is my internet wifi.

ladies and gentlemen.....

F1 2011 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter

Long before, there was a Frankenstein of 2011/2012 cars, and a 2011 Force India sold for money. The 2011 season was disrespected and as my favourite F1 game, I couldn't let this season in such a sorry state. Which is why I present you the V1 of F1 2011 mod for Assetto Corsa!

Features :
  • Proper AO map for every car, better metallic paint for the McLaren (CSP required)
  • F1 2011 Codemasters helmet !
  • Better handling, more realistic! Thanks to REBORN for making per-cars physics.
  • New engine sounds, Thanks to Bastimomod for the Ferrari, Redbull, Renault and Mclaren engine sound (cleaned by Kristian) and Prophetimus for the Cosworth engine. Enjoy the blown diffuser sound to its fullest!
  • Animated suspension and DRS!
  • Featuring Front and Rear wing animation ! They react to bumps, speed and kerbs.
  • CSP TyreFX support, You can now select any compound directly from the pit even rain one this time. Big thanks to Deploy for making all the tyres skin, Pirelli, Pirelli with lines, China and wet tyres!

Additional credits: dank_master (For doing exhausts data and leds), MRHD (for the camera views), Synapse (For the tyre model), @Zoonsky (for the trailer and mod icon)

This season mod is the one that has the most time spent on polishing it, consider it my best season mod.

Have fun!

Download

Last edited:

Long before, there was a Frankenstein of 2011/2012 cars, and a 2011 Force India sold for money. The 2011 season was disrespected and as my favourite F1 game, I couldn't let this season in such a sorry state. Which is why I present you the V1 of F1 2011 mod for Assetto Corsa!

Features :
  • Proper AO map for every car, better metallic paint for the McLaren (CSP required)
  • Better handling, more realistic! Thanks to REBORN for making per-cars physics.
  • New engine sounds, Thanks to Bastimomod for the Ferrari, Redbull, Renault and Mclaren engine sound (cleaned by Kristian) and Prophetimus for the Cosworth engine. Enjoy the blown diffuser sound to its fullest!
  • Featuring Front and Rear wing animation ! They react to bumps, speed and kerbs.
  • CSP TyreFX support, You can now select any compound directly from the pit even rain one this time. Big thanks to Deploy for making all the tyres skin, Pirelli, Pirelli with lines, China and wet tyres!

Additional credits: dank_master (For doing exhausts data and leds), MRHD (for the camera views), Synapse (For the tyre model), @Zoonsky (for the trailer and mod icon)

This season mod is the one that has the most time spent on polishing it, consider it my best season mod.

Have fun!

Download

Lovely. Many thanks. Seems you´re an expert here, could you recommend a good (or the best) McLaren MP4-21 mod? I only have some seen where the skins aren´t accurate (meaning they kind of overlap on each other on a car [RaceProject] or it contains alcohol advert (JW) where it should not have been (Bahrain skin).

1708545365689.png

Lovely. Many thanks. Seems you´re an expert here, could you recommend a good (or the best) McLaren MP4-21 mod? I only have some seen where the skins aren´t accurate (meaning they kind of overlap on each other on a car [RaceProject] or it contains alcohol advert (JW) where it should not have been (Bahrain skin).

View attachment 1330290
I am converting all ctdp race spec they've made for him, so i'll take a look on the mclaren

I am converting all ctdp race spec they've made for him, so i'll take a look on the mclaren
Thank you! I currently use the reworked one which was available before RaceProject did their "rework".

Btw do you perhaps got that extension file setting to have the Mclaren MP4-29 with the chrome finish shown up? I think you mentioned something some while ago.

1708545987305.png

About the IMSA GTO Mod(s) on RD

Lovely, very well done. The guy thought on everything. Some old models improved as good as possible, of course there was no wonders possible on some interieurs i think.
SKins, previews, descriptions, BoPing, etc.
For me bhe made best possible out of it. Will definetly drive some championships.

Features :

Have fun!

Download

Amazing mod, though the MCL skin texture looks kinda iffy - I'm attaching the textures I used way back, feel free to use them or not lol

(left - mine, right - yours)

__custom_showroom_1708546984.jpg

(both body text and occ texture are in the file and will work on your mod since it's from the same source)

:)

Features :

Have fun!

Download

Great mod, missing a high quality f12011, thanks for your work...
One question: why are there the 2012 F1 plaques inside the cockpit? even the old mods had the same plates.

This car was unknown to me until now... as far as I know it's not in any games - it's a real shame, it would be nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_..._Targa_Florio_Historic_2016_(26635243880).jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Abarth_1000SP
If we want to talk about beautiful and underrated Abarth cars, why no to mention the 2000SP model. For me, one of the most interesting models made by the italian manufacturer and poorly remembered, even though it was a winning car!

Great mod, missing a high quality f12011, thanks for your work...
One question: why are there the 2012 F1 plaques inside the cockpit? even the old mods had the same plates.
might be leftovers, the original plate of F1 2011 was too low res so I tried to photoshop the 2012 plate and write 2011 on it instead but just forgot about it

Amazing mod, though the MCL skin texture looks kinda iffy - I'm attaching the textures I used way back, feel free to use them or not lol

(left - mine, right - yours)

View attachment 1330314

(both body text and occ texture are in the file and will work on your mod since it's from the same source)

:)
MClaren skin was changed so that it fits the ext_config more to give a good chrome result in game. CM showroom is misleading.

1708548814671.png

Last edited:
If we want to talk about beautiful and underrated Abarth cars, why no to mention the 2000SP model. For me, one of the most interesting models made by the italian manufacturer and poorly remembered, even though it was a winning car!

Lots of cool Abarths.

One of my favourites is the beautiful Abarth-Simca 2000GT, which basically is the same engine and drivetrain as that 1969 prototype but wedged into a mid 60s touring car. Competed against Elans and Porsche 904s.

abarth-simca-2000-gt-corsa-cover-3.jpg

Another very obscure one was the T140 project they worked on with overall Le Mans wins in mind, before the big capacity engine ban in 1968. It was never built in period, but someone has made one recently from the original plans and a similar spec 6 litre V12 engine.

Very under represented brand in games sadly.

So guys, have you ever wanted to be able to see two instances of Content Manager so you could perhaps set up skins of a grid. Being able to see the skin of the car in a different window and selecting it in a another window with the opponent grid screen? I was tired of clicking in and out and in and out of CM windows back and forth, my god. So I made it so I can look at two instances at the same time. I could even do 3 or 4 if I wanted to.

1708550423389.png

I use Sandboxie-plus to do this. Hope it helps and you find it useful. Link here: https://sandboxie-plus.com/

So guys, have you ever wanted to be able to see two instances of Content Manager so you could perhaps set up skins of a grid. Being able to see the skin of the car in a different window and selecting it in a another window with the opponent grid screen? I was tired of clicking in and out and in and out of CM windows back and forth, my god. So I made it so I can look at two instances at the same time. I could even do 3 or 4 if I wanted to.

View attachment 1330325

I use Sandboxie-plus to do this. Hope it helps and you find it useful. Link here: https://sandboxie-plus.com/
Thanks!

Tried doubleclicking here? Blew my mind a couple of months ago :P
1708551799998.png

Features :

Have fun!

Download

Awesome mod! Do you know where I could find a helmet texture for Robert Kubica's helmet that he used during pre-season testing?
1708551817499.jpeg

About the IMSA GTO Mod(s) on RD

Lovely, very well done. The guy thought on everything. Some old models improved as good as possible, of course there was no wonders possible on some interieurs i think.
SKins, previews, descriptions, BoPing, etc.
For me bhe made best possible out of it. Will definetly drive some championships.
So... On RD, you have the rights to post converted and modified cars from other authors without permissions (or even explicitely adressed sources in the post), but you are not allowed to post scratch-made models if you used kunos' parts for scaling. :rolleyes:

It will never stop to amaze me (or amuse me ?) :lol:

Just curious, does anyone use\enable this option in Track Adjustments?

Image1.png

I'm finding that with this option enabled and using the [ALTER_NORMALS_...] tag on ksTree in a track's config, the tree shadowing is much better looking and more consistent compared to a VAO patch. Seems to get rid of those overly dark areas. It does require a little lighting adjustment to the tree textures, but that's no big deal. I'm wondering if anyone else does this?

Just curious, does anyone use\enable this option in Track Adjustments?

View attachment 1330347

I'm finding that with this option enabled and using the [ALTER_NORMALS_...] tag on ksTree in a track's config, the tree shadowing is much better looking and more consistent compared to a VAO patch. Seems to get rid of those overly dark areas. It does require a little lighting adjustment to the tree textures, but that's no big deal. I'm wondering if anyone else does this?
I use it because of my pp-filter: Natural_Mod. And on his RD-page Chris Kennedy writes it should be enabled for best results with his filter. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/natural-mod-pp-filter.4551/ (click on Spoiler: suggested CSP settings).

So... On RD, you have the rights to post converted and modified cars from other authors without permissions (or even explicitely adressed sources in the post), but you are not allowed to post scratch-made models if you used kunos' parts for scaling. :rolleyes:

It will never stop to amaze me (or amuse me ?) :lol:

That’s not my business. Fact is he made a nice fitting pack out of those old pieces.
That’s only thing I was talking about.

Yes the RD politics are strange and sometimes understandable but like said not my problem in this case

Last edited:

Features :

Have fun!

Download

Looks phenomenal dude. Thanks for sharing.

... Some old models improved as good as possible, of course there was no wonders possible on some interieurs i think...

As a side note (and please don't take this personally, I like these packs) the Audi Quattro has worse interior textures (linings, roll cage...) than Dan Bucsa's original, and the Mazda RX- 7 is waaaay worse, inside and out, than the "clone" version I've had for a while and I think they have the same mod as a base. (Not on my rig now, I don't remember its author),

So far, I've only had time to try those two, we'll see the rest...

Is there an update to CSP? I tried the CSP versions of the VRC touring cars and got an error message that the CSP build number wasn't high enough and there was an update available. I'm on 0.2.1 preview 2 currently. In settings it lists a version 0.2.2 but says it's untested.

As a side note (and please don't take this personally, I like these packs) the Audi Quattro has worse interior textures (linings, roll cage...) than Dan Bucsa's original, and the Mazda RX- 7 is waaaay worse, inside and out, than the "clone" version I've had for a while and I think they have the same mod as a base. (Not on my rig now, I don't remember its author),

So far, I've only had time to try those two, we'll see the rest...

No problem. I am not his buddy and it’s not my intention to judge about the ethics of this pack.
Indeed i know the Audi had better versions and I don’t know why he took the bad one. But he still improved the bad one

About the rx7 I didn’t know a better version

The rest of the field is not better, but I am only speaking for me personally I knew even worse versions, so for me the visual upgrade is given

That’s not my business. Fact is he made a nice fitting pack out of those old pieces.
That’s only thing I was talking about.

Yes the RD politics are strange and sometimes understandable but like said not my problem in this case
I was quoting you, but I wasn't aiming at you with this, don't worry ! :cheers:

Definitely not your problem, not mine either. But I do like mocking RD these days, just couldn't resist

@Perico Lospa : didn't tried the pack (I took way too much time to make my own personal balanced GTO field to look for a replacement haha), but which version did it seems to use ? Zinski version or PedroBLR ? Because personally, I did my old skinpack on the pedro's one for a reason...

Last edited:
I was quoting you, but I wasn't aiming at you with this, don't worry ! :cheers:

Definitely not your problem, not mine either. But I do like mocking RD these days, just couldn't resist

@Perico Lospa : didn't tried the pack (I took way too much time to make my own personal balanced GTO field to look for a replacement haha), but which version did it seems to use ? Zinski version or PedroBLR ? Because personally, I did my old skinpack on the pedro's one for a reason...

Everything’ cool. Seems like zinski models ? Because i was not aware of the Pedro ones.
As I am not discord FB or other social media active I may miss some stuff here and there :/

Edit: if I am not blind the packs are no more available

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back