Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,074 comments
Oh my Lord, why do you punish us with this suffering...? 😟

Don't you hate having two versions of the same car or track and liking some things about one and other things about the other, and not being able to have it all in the same mod? Well, it happens to me again; in this case it's Dundrod...

The version of The Usual Suspects (by the way, a great movie, with Benicio del Toro's legendary farts) is clearly superior visually to that of Weicangkai: the appearance is more realistic due to the tones of the vegetation, the proportions, the lighting and shadows... but in Weicangkai's version I like that the trees, although worse looking, are well integrated and it's not so distinguishable that they are "cardboard type"... and above all, the border between the grass verges and the asphalt are very well resolved, with the weed invading the road. In the version of The Usual Suspects it looks very defined, as if cut with a ruler, what is not natural is an old road, like that is supposed to be.

Are minor details but, as I said... doesn't it make you angry? 🤬
I find the fencing on the newer version a bit over the top too. I much prefer the open feel of the track without it... and it gives you a lot more opportunities to roll your car end on end at high speed into the pretty countryside!:D

EDIT: I've only just noticed the fence was there in the first version too, but because it wasn't white (as in the updated version), I hadn't particularly noticed it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Update for AKV8 Gold Coast track ,
New walls new curbs 2023 spec , a few new buildings , mostly wanted the one missing at the southern hairpin.
Renamed the folder so it shouldn't overwrite the original
everything else is the same from the original.
credit to the original makers of the track as its still the best through the beach front chicane
tyre bundles aren't solid for now cos the AI seemed to like hitting them
probably not potato friendly

Last edited:
Guys, I added Montjuic1975 to my F1 75 custom championship. It's the first time I've actually tried this track. It is beautiful and well done by Rainmaker as I know how hard it is to make very old tracks and old assets look as well as he made them look... Unfortunately I couldn't get myself past the large 2D cathedral building thing. My OCD kicked in hard; I'm mental anyway :P -- I just couldn't roll by that thing for 24 or so laps. So I created a skin to hide the cathedral and one of it's attached giant bush things; also included a fix I had for the mountain background (I don't remember if I did that mountain thing or what. My memory is very bad, man) I guess this really only works for me because I don't know this location like I know, say the pyramids of Giza location. I know there are pyramids there, but in this case I don't necessarily have the MontJuic location burned to memory at all (not that my memory holds stuff well anyway). If your OCD kicks in when the 2D cathedral comes into view, try my skin if you want. (btw, If you're very fond of the real location and the cathedral, I mean no offense at all...)

Last edited:
How does one go about adding rain physics to a mod. I have a few mods that have wipers and etc working, but the cars just spin their wheels in place. Thanks!

__custom_showroom_1708756115.jpg

Just some minor updates with stuff bugging me since release.

Volkswagen Scirocco GTX 16V
Makefile:
Version 0.6
Minor visual fixes, data.acd unchanged
Download at GTPlanet or Sharemods

Porsche 934 Turbo RSR
Code:
Version 2.0
- Minor changes to the positioning of the suspension
- Reworked toe settings in setup
- Added a new set of tires, because many people couldnt handle those group 4 tires.
Download at Sharemods only, due to a takedown request.

Guys, I added Montjuic1975 to my F1 75 custom championship. It's the first time I've actually tried this track. It is beautiful and well done by Rainmaker as I know how hard it is to make very old tracks and old assets look as well as he made them look... Unfortunately I couldn't get myself past the large 2D cathedral building thing. My OCD kicked in hard; I'm mental anyway :P -- I just couldn't roll by that thing for 24 or so laps. So I created a skin to hide the cathedral and one of it's attached giant bush things; also included a fix I had for the mountain background (I don't remember if I did that mountain thing or what. My memory is very bad, man) I guess this really only works for me because I don't know this location like I know, say the pyramids of Giza location. I know there are pyramids there, but in this case I don't necessarily have the MontJuic location burned to memory at all (not that my memory holds stuff well anyway). If your OCD kicks in when the 2D cathedral comes into view, try my skin if you want. (btw, If you're very fond of the real location and the cathedral, I mean no offense at all...)

After tying that converted track from ?????, I immediately transfer it to the garbage folder. Maybe for monitor use it is acceptable but in VR mode this track was not good to keep it.

Thanks for correcting a few things that are disturbing in VR, sure I try this for a new drive.

edit: @Teddie sorry but for VR users, it’s still terrible, huppekee direct into the garbage bin. 🤮

Last edited:
If it's about the multiple number plates: there is nothing wrong with showroom and there's nothing 'wrong' with the skins either. The modder has provided different areas for the number plates depending on the series. It is of course a pita when you want your personalized previews.
In game it has only one number plate, but if you want only one plate in showroom and in previews, you need to make a 'preview kn5' that temporarily replaces the car kn5. Can be done in ksEditor.
For this particular car, to get all skins right, you even have to make a couple different kn5 files.
Here's my (screenshot) preview of the Ring Taxi skin with all the extra numberplates removed, thus showing the underlying numberplate. Iirc, this particular preview kn5 is needed for skins #6, 9 and 22, where the numberplate is baked in the skin.

View attachment 1122813

Edit: here two preview kn5 files I mentioned.
Backup the original kn5 and replace with one of the two preview kn5, depending on the skin. You need to rename the preview kn5 to the original name: amg_evo.kn5.
Make previews and then replace the preview kn5 with the original kn5.
Download link:
https://sharemods.com/lsd86zgjruma/bm_amg_evo_gt3_previews.zip.html

Needless to say it will only work for this particular car. Other cars from the same modder need different files to achieve the same.
But what if the multiple numbers also appear on track and not just in the showroom?

I find the fencing on the newer version a bit over the top too. I much prefer the open feel of the track without it... and it gives you a lot more opportunities to roll your car end on end at high speed into the pretty countryside!:D

EDIT: I've only just noticed the fence was there in the first version too, but because it wasn't white (as in the updated version), I hadn't particularly noticed it. :rolleyes:
About the Dundrod track made by The Usual Suspects (TUS):

The hedgerow beside the road and hay bales are like concrete walls.
The powerlines shimmer a lot.
AI is not good, cars are not trying to overtake and acting like a train with railway wagons. Funny when I did crash, a cars did wait very patiently until I was on track again. As always those English drivers are real sporty gentleman's. :)
After the starting grid/pits region it’s getting very empty, it needs spectator's to start with a much better immersion.
A minor aspect here, as I guess there is plane flying, only that is much too high in the sky, put that lower.

BTW, where to find the group besides Meta FecesBook. :)

Last edited:

IMSA GTO Legends​

With the recent pack, anyone else's steering feeling very light like there's no ffb? I've tried most of the cars and the steering is similar except for the 2 F40's which is the exact opposite...

Last edited:

IMSA GTO Legends​

With the recent pack, anyone else's steering feeling very light like there's no ffb? I've tried most of the cars and the steering is similar except for the 2 F40's which is the exact opposite...
I got 3 cars to even drive right, the Toyota, Audi and I forgot the other one. Drive one of those and use the rest for AI only.

Well, it's free, but it's nowhere near the RSS version I'm afraid...
Some PBR and VAO in the cockpit would go a long way to making it look less flat.

About the Dundrod track made by The Usual Suspects (TUS):

AI is not good, cars are not trying to overtake and acting like a train with railway wagons. Funny when I did crash, a cars did wait very patiently until I was on track again. As always those English drivers are real sporty gentleman's. :)
Do you have rubberbanding or 'AI act impatient if blocked' on?
Try disabling those, they might currently be bugged.

I have defeated the final boss that is my internet wifi.

ladies and gentlemen.....

F1 2011 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter

Long before, there was a Frankenstein of 2011/2012 cars, and a 2011 Force India sold for money. The 2011 season was disrespected and as my favourite F1 game, I couldn't let this season in such a sorry state. Which is why I present you the V1 of F1 2011 mod for Assetto Corsa!

Features :
  • Proper AO map for every car, better metallic paint for the McLaren (CSP required)
  • F1 2011 Codemasters helmet !
  • Better handling, more realistic! Thanks to REBORN for making per-cars physics.
  • New engine sounds, Thanks to Bastimomod for the Ferrari, Redbull, Renault and Mclaren engine sound (cleaned by Kristian) and Prophetimus for the Cosworth engine. Enjoy the blown diffuser sound to its fullest!
  • Animated suspension and DRS!
  • Featuring Front and Rear wing animation ! They react to bumps, speed and kerbs.
  • CSP TyreFX support, You can now select any compound directly from the pit even rain one this time. Big thanks to Deploy for making all the tyres skin, Pirelli, Pirelli with lines, China and wet tyres!

Additional credits: dank_master (For doing exhausts data and leds), MRHD (for the camera views), Synapse (For the tyre model), @Zoonsky (for the trailer and mod icon)

This season mod is the one that has the most time spent on polishing it, consider it my best season mod.

Have fun!

Download

This is an outstanding mod!

Pre-hotfix running:

The only minor things I could see, were that I’m not sure if the KERS was working, as although I had it mapped, nothing appeared to happen on the dash, when I tried to use it.

Visually, the front wings of the Ferrari seem to be too low compared to the other cars, as it scrapes the ground.
The steering ratio seemed to be more than 1/1, as it was over-rotating when approaching full lock.

Also, one of the dry tyre compounds shows a completely black thread - I’m not sure if it’s something to do with my particular CSP settings or not.

Finally, I’m convinced that AC has car weight too heavy by default, as whenever I reduce it by around 80KG, lap times reflect reality much more closely.

Anyway, as someone else said, there are FAR more inferior mods out there locked behind paywalls, so this has to be commended.
I'll be spending a lot of time with this.

Strong work!

Last edited:
This is an outstanding mod!

Pre-hotfix running:

The only minor things I could see, were that I’m not sure if the KERS was working, as although I had it mapped, nothing appeared to happen on the dash, when I tried to use it.
Visually, the front wings of the Ferrari seem to be too low compared to the other cars, as it scrapes the ground.
The steering ratio seemed to be more than 1/1, as it was over-rotating when approaching full lock.

Also, one of the dry tyre compounds shows a completely black thread - I’m not sure if it’s something to do with my particular CSP settings or not.

Finally, I’m convinced that AC has car weight too heavy by default, as whenever I reduce it by around 80KG, lap times reflect reality much more closely.

Anyway, as someone else said, there are FAR more inferior mods out there locked behind paywalls, so this has to be commended.
I'll be spending a lot of time with this.

Strong work!
1 - Kers usage shows on assetto corsa default speedometer, but then some cars don't have Kers. Backmarkers one, try to use assetto speedometer on a redbull at tell me if you see the kers usage decreasing when you use it.

2 - Yeah the soft one I forgot to include the texture in the extension, so CSP will just show a black tyre instead. It was fixed

3 - Yeah I do remember that you told me that last time, but I'm unsure if I really should just decrease weight like that or make the car faster. Because there's another problem that is the car can flip over when the kerb sausage is too hard. And it's still a huge mystery of how this is possible.

"there are FAR more inferior mods out there locked behind paywalls, so this has to be commended"

Seems like a standard nowadays, before, free mods were good and if you wanted great quality, then you use paid mod.
Nowadays you pay for [redacted] mods and you have great mods for free. And seems like people are okay with that.

The general idea that you "support" the work of someone by giving him a salary so that you expect better quality in the futur is an illusion. The reason why my mods are far better than theirs is for 2 reasons : Passion and Community

Passion : I'm the first client of my mods, the time I'm spending on these is to make myself happy and not just doing it quickly to earn money. So even if Kseditor and Assetto Corsa has been nothing but a pain for me, I'm still here 2 years later doing mods.

Community : The most important point, When the work you do is free, it is easier to attract many skilled people who are willing to help you. Many of my mods mention a lot of people in the credits because I alone don't have skills in every department.
I need the physics to be the most enjoyable and also have a realism inside? I need the help of people that are specialized in physics. need help with the cars audio? I can gather help from soundmodders who would be happy to do sounds for the cars I'm making.
By collecting these individuals on a single project, you can pull off a well-made package. There are many of them, very skilled, just waiting to be able to showcase their skills on a project that will gather them all. And that is one of the key strengths of this community and I have profited from it a lot, and by extension, you too who use my mods.

Patreon beggars shut that door. Nobody will help them, because they would work for someone who will earn money on their behalf. So they have to do everything by themselves, so they pick engine sounds left, physics right, skin up and cars down. And try to make all of that merge. And the end result is as you know.

Unfortunately, aside of the lack of morals to make something like this paid, the same prices as a vrc car or rss car. They ultimately destroy any quality value that we used to have. I see some rfactors mod and compare to today. And I wonder why did it go downhill with better technologies.

And the people who pay those guys, also are responsible for this. Because now it's a market, they have shown that they are ready to pay for crap. So people fill in for easy money. And they think that by giving money, they are contributing to the community, instead they just destroy little by little their hopes of driving a good car. I have seen many people, even some that I personally trained on how to convert cars, falling for that trap, opening a Patreon, doing well the first 3 months, then slowly beginning to stop modding because the only thing they see is the wrong ratio time spent/ money earned.

Every time I see someone dropping a comment on my mods with "very surprised it isn't blocked behind a paywall" or "you should do a patreon" (I see a lot of comments like that, as if I was like the odd one for not having a patreon) I'm reminded of the waste of talents we have. Defeating simdream to create many mini simdreams.....

This might be considered a feature, not a bug, by some folks :)
well "some folks" asked me to make the mclaren suspension look chrome lmao.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, aside of the lack of morals to make something like this paid, the same prices as a vrc car or rss car. They ultimately destroy any quality value that we used to have. I see some rfactors mod and compare to today. And I wonder why did it go downhill with better technologies.
That’s what I always have, when I do test drive a AC- track that is in quality lower then a 10y old Kunos AC-track. While seeing at RD it’s getting even a 5star ranking and here at GTplanet an hallelujah welcome. Maybe the answer to your question, is that AC users are getting old and prone to eye sight problems. 👵

Last edited:
That’s what I always have, when I do test drive a AC- track that is in quality lower then a 10y old Kunos AC-track. While seeing at RD it’s getting even a 5star ranking and here at GTplanet an hallelujah welcome. Maybe the answer to your question, is that AC users are getting old and prone to eye sight problems. 👵
Maybe it also depends of the availability of a particular car/track version over it's overall quality.
A Lesser quality pre-1986 Montreal might be so desired that, some will ignore the lack of overall quality, because there might no other version of that layout that exists.

Last edited:
Spa Vintage Track Updates:

These are my updates to all three versions of the Spa Vintage tracks. They are all full stand alone tracks because it was suggested that I do it this way instead of config\track skin mods.

All versions now have a vao patch, animated flags, working clock tower and new grass and tree textures. They also have two additional track skins that get a progressively bluer tint and less saturation. The skins also have only the files I altered from the original so you can edit them to make a skin that fits your liking. There are also new ext_configs for each track that add seasonal changes, some shader adjustments and a few other things.

Explanation about each one so you know which one to download. They each represent a specific version of the track:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938

-- Based on the Spa_Faux_Pre_War version. All credits for the track go to Legion.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus removal of floating flag poles that had no flags and scaling of flag poles that were floating off the ground. Plus I added collision physics to most of the haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1966

-- Based on the Spa_1966 version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus collision physics to most haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. Also included the Spa 1966 AI done by Parri. The original AI is still included in the ai_original and data_original folders. Just rename them to ai and data to revert back to the original AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 66

-- Based on the Spa_THR version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team and Waffles for the THR updates.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus a new AI line for the 1934 layout done by me. The original AI was unusable. It was my first attempt at an AI line so don't expect perfection. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Please point out any and all mistakes. I'm sure there are a few. Was kind of hard managing three versions of the same track. I was never sure if I made the same changes on all three tracks.

View attachment 1216445
Links were updated with new versions to fix and change a few things. If none of this interests you, then you can skip this update.

-- Tweaks to the ai on both 66 layouts to get them off the concrete edge when going side by side through the final turn.
-- Tweaks to the grass color. The last version had way too much cyan in the grass color, IMO. I still included the one Grass skin that is less saturated if you find the grass too saturated without it.
-- I changed the 4 optional Road track skins I included in the last version with ones I think look better. You can be the judge of that. Each one just gets progressively darker. If you are happy with how the track looks in the version you have and have no interest in the updated versions, use this link to get just the road skins. They are included in the full track updates already.

Road Skins only

Stock Road Textures:
1.jpg

Road2 Track Skin Textures:
3.jpg

Lastly, there is a nice track skin for the 1966 layouts on RD that changes the billboards to more accurate versions. Might be worth a look.

1966 Billboards skin

And the people who pay those guys, also are responsible for this. Because now it's a market, they have shown that they are ready to pay for crap. So people fill in for easy money. And they think that by giving money, they are contributing to the community, instead they just destroy little by little their hopes of driving a good car. I have seen many people, even some that I personally trained on how to convert cars, falling for that trap, opening a Patreon, doing well the first 3 months, then slowly beginning to stop modding because the only thing they see is the wrong ratio time spent/ money earned.

Every time I see someone dropping a comment on my mods with "very surprised it isn't blocked behind a paywall" or "you should do a patreon" (I see a lot of comments like that, as if I was like the odd one for not having a patreon) I'm reminded of the waste of talents we have. Defeating simdream to create many mini simdreams.....
The Office Thank You GIF

(Long lasting, never ending subject, unfortunately...)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back