Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,647 comments
My God...I was absolutely sweating like crazy from running the new Mount Akina 2017 over and over and over. This is an update to Mt. Akina, obviously, and now comes with 3 layouts: Uphill, Downhill & Drift. The Drift option is really just a free run mode, but it doesn't have good cameras as a result. I was doing the Downhill run exclusively. The majority of my runs were with the Kunos GT-R V-Spec.

Upgraded textures in addition to the new "layouts" - this is really a good looking road now. Also, the physical road mesh has been replaced with a much higher detailed mesh and it pays off. I can't remember what the cameras were like on the old version, but they're setup very nicely on Mount Akina 2017. Just setting up the cameras must have taken a lot of work. There's gotta be at least 100.

http://acmods.net/tracks/mount-akina-2017/

I'm going back with my F40...and a tractor trailer full of tires. :D

Thank you for posting that link, I have always enjoyed that track, but that update is really nice, much improved. I did the up hill in the Pure's Miata, staying on the left, this is supposed to be in Japan after all,it was very relaxing. Specially after 2 hours of racing online on the classic street fight server driving the Cobra on Silverstone 1967.

Anyone try the Caterham yet?:

I downloaded that mod. But, it's not a full mod. You need to go download the other Caterham mod that's available, install that one and then install the changes from the first download on top of someone else's creation. So, you can't have both cars available at the same time because the file names are going to be exactly the same...at least that's my understanding of it.

I wonder if anyone's going to create a Daytona Road Course mod anytime soon...
This has been out for a long time. Both oval and road course. Definitely not the greatest track ever made, but totally usable. Making Daytona is no easy task...I'm assuming this is a conversion.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona.2495/
Pretty cool! How do you get the traffic to work?
Those are his friends driving those cars slowly, to simulate real traffic. :sly:

I wonder if it would be possible to edit the AI driving line and keep them under a certain speed, or give them a 5-10% range of a set speed limit for them. Although, I'm sure if it is possible they'd just be driving around in 2nd gear with the engines screaming because they don't know what's going on. :lol:

Thank you for posting that link, I have always enjoyed that track, but that update is really nice, much improved. I did the up hill in the Pure's Miata, staying on the left, this is supposed to be in Japan after all,it was very relaxing. Specially after 2 hours of racing online on the classic street fight server driving the Cobra on Silverstone 1967.
My pleasure. I figured people would like the update. It really looks and feels great now. I'm going to give that Miata a drive up and down the mountain a few times. Good suggestion. I really don't care for the GT-R V-Spec, but I did have a lot of fun with it yesterday on Mount Akina. 👍

Did anybody found a Range Rover or Land Rover (other than the Dakar-like LR)?

Range Rover Evoque Si4 & Step 1:
Wb0INe5.jpg

&

Land Rover Defender:
oMZ71zY.png

Is this what you're looking for @Kobhalt? These are the only two I have.

Hi @ALB123 :). I have Assetto Corsa for PS4. Sorry if I have missed some info already discussed.
Just a quick question, if I buy myself a gamer PC, and I install Assetto Corsa, will it let me create track mods:confused:, or do I have to download a program to do it. And for just download a track mod from let say RaceDepartment, will it allow me to download it directly to Assetto Corsa PC, or does that also require a program. Because I am considering to get me a decent PC. :cheers:, cheers

Hi @ALB123 :). I have Assetto Corsa for PS4. Sorry if I have missed some info already discussed.
Just a quick question, if I buy myself a gamer PC, and I install Assetto Corsa, will it let me create track mods:confused:, or do I have to download a program to do it.

You'll need special software, some design skills, lots of time and patience. I've never attempted it but from what I read it is not an easy process.

And for just download a track mod from let say RaceDepartment, will it allow me to download it directly to Assetto Corsa PC, or does that also require a program. Because I am considering to get me a decent PC. :cheers:, cheers

Yep, all you need is a program like WinZip or 7zip to unzip the folder, then you just copy the folder containing the mod into the appropriate AC folder and you're done. 👍

Just a quick question, if I buy myself a gamer PC, and I install Assetto Corsa, will it let me create track mods:confused:, or do I have to download a program to do it. And for just download a track mod from let say RaceDepartment, will it allow me to download it directly to Assetto Corsa PC, or does that also require a program. Because I am considering to get me a decent PC. :cheers:, cheers
Please...Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. 👍

Just to expand on Brandon's excellent answers. Most of the "good" user created tracks are created using primarily 3d content creation software like 3dsmax or Blender. Creating a track or car in either of those programs requires a lot of skill which can be developed through a TON of learning & practicing. There is a program available on Steam called Race Track Builder and it makes the process immensely simple compared to using 3dsmax or Blender (or other 3D software). However, you can probably imagine that the final product is going to suffer in quality...usually greatly suffer in quality!

There are some people, I believe who start off with Race Track Builder and THEN move it into Blender or 3dsmax to clean up and add all of the fine details. Personally, I recommend just using Assetto Corsa on PC with the Kunos cars & tracks, then adding some mod cars & tracks that look interesting from Race Department. Then, if you're really feeling adventurous you can learn how to reverse engineer an existing car or track so you can look at everything that goes into those cars & tracks. Unless you are a savant, I wouldn't count on this stuff happening too quickly. I'm talking years of learning...

When you do get onto the PC Version there will be a track that I'm pretty sure you're going to want to install from Race Department called "VIR - Virginia International Raceway". Just to give you an idea of the work that went into building that mod. A small group of some of the most well known, most skilled modders contributed to that project and it took over 2 years to build that track. Over 2 years. Of course, they were working in their spare time as most/all of them have full time jobs - but most people do.

Anyway, let us know when you get onto the PC version and I'm sure anyone who posts in this thread even occasionally will be happy to help point you in the right direction! 👍

@gt6champnk69 there is so many tracks available for AC as mod that you might think now that you would want to make some, but when you will realize that they are almost all already done and available, you might think like me that you prefer spending you time driving the mods rather than creating them.
I have at least 100 different tracks on my hard drive and at least as many cars. Some I wish would be better but they all have Kunos physic driving them, so even the worst one are often better to drive, tracks and cars, than official content from other developers.

I just spent the last 3-4 hours testing this Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. I moved it onto V10 Tires, fixed the brakes that were locking up in front much too easily, but didn't sacrifice braking performance. I enabled the use of paddles (so the engine doesn't red line between every gear change), however, you may still use your stick shift, of course. Oh, and I installed engine damage at 9000RPM and above. I still think it needs work. This is not my mod. I had this sitting around for quite a while and it was on v7 Tires and just didn't drive very nicely, in my opinion. She is still a monster featuring Power: 750hp & Torque: 949Nm.

Again, my changes are fairly minor, however they did have quite an impact on the vehicle. It comes with Street & Semislick Tires. I'm thinking about changing that up to Semislick or Hypercar Road tires...But, it is an older car (10 years old+). Any feedback would be appreciated if you decide to try this. Feel free to PM any comments and suggestions you might have to improve this, but I'm not looking to neuter the car either.

7M5Lnxv.jpg

EDIT:
(New download link...the first car wasn't allowing Left Front damper adjustments - FIXED)

https://mega.nz/#!DA8Qga4S!7nNi9VOBaa1vDfZU0qEcM52rzQfwueqdz_siVkVZm-Y

Last edited:
Most mods around, including that Saleen or Evoque (and many more) are simple forza4 rips with a generic physics on top. In the end they are very sub-par.

Thanks @ALB123 :cheers:. My original interest came from visiting the RaceDepartment site, and yes, a I agree with you, that VIR modded track is amazing. 2 years project:nervous:, I think I won't be doing that from get go, but I want to explore it myself. Another two tracks that also impressed me is Tor Poznań, and Longford 1967 in RaceDepartment, the guys that made Tor Poznań had it Laser scanned, it is the first track mod using Laser scanning tools.

@gt6champnk69 there is so many tracks available for AC as mod that you might think now that you would want to make some, but when you will realize that they are almost all already done and available, you might think like me that you prefer spending you time driving the mods rather than creating them.
I have at least 100 different tracks on my hard drive and at least as many cars. Some I wish would be better but they all have Kunos physic driving them, so even the worst one are often better to drive, tracks and cars, than official content from other developers.
Exactly @Cote Dazur 👍, I'm with you what you say, the ones I have seen in RaceDepartment that aren't that good, can be used, they don't look as good as the best created ones, but I have seen those on YouTube, but for me it is where the challenge are for me, try to make one of them better. But first I will buy a good PC, and play Assetto Corsa, and download track mods. Thanks for the feedback friends:cheers:

Most mods around, including that Saleen or Evoque (and many more) are simple forza4 rips with a generic physics on top. In the end they are very sub-par.
Yes...While I can't do anything about the 3D model (at least not at the moment), I am trying to "correct" a lot of the wrongs. By no means am I trying to say that putting together a car is easy, however, if you can gather the important data (suspension/spring info/dampers/length of components/weight distribution/fuel tank location/etc) you can get it much, much, much closer than the "cheap rip" you started off with.

The aerodynamic data is going to be difficult, I think. I'm going to have a lot of questions for sure. I think it should be a fun exercise if I can ever get it to perform close to the real car. Just the tires alone are such a vital component which is why I had to put something fairly realistic on the car. Suspension testing is going to be a big learning curve for me too. I've never used any of those developer tools yet.

I opened up a Murcielago SV recently. Someone converted the tires to V10, but I believe he just used GT2 slicks and maybe modded a few parameters. There were the 5 different compounds which is what leads me to believe they're GT2 sourced. Just fixing the tires (I took the hypercar road & trofeo from the Aventador SV and adjusted what I was able to without digging for too much). I had to do a lot of work to the drivetrain & AWD system, but I was able to collect a decent amount of information online and I also checked with the Aventador SV & Gallardo SL systems for additional guidance.

No way could I put a car together from scratch...not yet. However, I look at these retrofit projects with a lot of optimism. And for the crappy mod cars that I don't ever plan on trying to "fix" I'll make the AI drive those cars just to randomize the field of cars when I run a track day or even sometimes.

I just spent the last 3-4 hours testing this Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. I moved it onto V10 Tires, fixed the brakes that were locking up in front much too easily, but didn't sacrifice braking performance. I enabled the use of paddles (so the engine doesn't red line between every gear change), however, you may still use your stick shift, of course. Oh, and I installed engine damage at 9000RPM and above. I still think it needs work. This is not my mod. I had this sitting around for quite a while and it was on v7 Tires and just didn't drive very nicely, in my opinion. She is still a monster featuring Power: 750hp & Torque: 949Nm.

Again, my changes are fairly minor, however they did have quite an impact on the vehicle. It comes with Street & Semislick Tires. I'm thinking about changing that up to Semislick or Hypercar Road tires...But, it is an older car (10 years old+). Any feedback would be appreciated if you decide to try this. Feel free to PM any comments and suggestions you might have to improve this, but I'm not looking to neuter the car either.

7M5Lnxv.jpg

EDIT:
(New download link...the first car wasn't allowing Left Front damper adjustments - FIXED)

https://mega.nz/#!DA8Qga4S!7nNi9VOBaa1vDfZU0qEcM52rzQfwueqdz_siVkVZm-Y
This is quite good. You should definitely try doing this to other badly converted cars.

This is quite good. You should definitely try doing this to other badly converted cars.
I'm hoping to! I spent all day on the phone talking to people who are in the business and I think the Saleen S7 might be a little bit difficult for me at this point in time. I am totally new at all of this. I can certainly make it drive better than it currently does if downloaded from the common AC Mod websites that use ripped Forza models and such...

While talking to a friend who works at Hoffman Porsche about this, he hooked me up with a contact of his that works at Lamborghini Boston. They do extensive work on exotics and some dude in the Service Department actually plays Assetto Corsa! :D He offered to help me try and get my hands on as much Saleen information as he could, but he was a bit skeptical of how much help he could pull together for me. Some basic information, sure. Google could help with that. He can help me with Lamborghini's though. :D

I downloaded the best version of a Lamborghini Diablo that I could find and then emailed him all of the data files. We went over stuff one-by-one. It was tedious and frustrating to say the least. :mad: While it's not very hard to collect a great deal of information about the Diablo version I'm going to work on it is still going to be a project for me. I have great passion for Lamborghini's while I don't have any real passion at all for Saleen...so I'd rather spend the time on something I really love.

I did some driving tests on the baseline car that I'm starting out with... Here I am on the Green Hell:
YVCAsvQ.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back