Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,132 comments
:lol: What happened? :D

I downloaded a file (Paul Ricard), unzipped it, copied the folder across and the track was just there among the others!

magic.gif

I downloaded a file (Paul Ricard), unzipped it, copied the folder across and the track was just there among the others!

magic.gif
Ohhh...You were impressed at how easy it was?? Yeah...Isn't it crazy simple? If you have even a basic understanding of Windows Explorer and how to navigate around your hard drive's folders/contents it is shockingly easy. That's probably the number 1 reason rFactor/rF2 modders migrated to Assetto Corsa. I know AC doesn't have as deep of a physics system (not yet) but I've heard modding for the rFactor sims is/was a nightmare.

I don't know how computer savvy you are...but I would highly, highly, highly recommend installing a standalone program called Content Manager. It "replaces" the Assetto Corsa launcher. Technically, it doesn't get rid of it...in fact, it actually runs concurrently, but you'' have the Kunos AC launcher minimized the entire time you play AC and only interact with Content Manager.

If you'd prefer to take some time to just mess around with Assetto Corsa the way it was built, I totally get it. You can always install Content Manager in the future. It just makes organizing cars & tracks and fixing damaged mod cars so easy (among a ton of other great things)...It's completely free, however, the free version is slightly limited. To unlock the full version you need to make a donation to the author's PayPal, or something like that...but, there is no minimum donation amount, so I suppose you could send the guy $1 and you'll get an unlocking code for Content Manager emailed to you in seconds.

If you do decide to start using Content Manager, I suggest that you subscribe to the author's official support thread on the Official AC Forums. He's an awesome & super friendly guy. People are always throwing suggestions his way or asking for changes and 9 times out of 10 he will implement them within a week! I mean, as long as it's a sensible request, of course.

I know I sound like a freakin' advertisement for Content Manager, but I can't tell you how much it helped me organize my obnoxious collection of mods. It's just such an awesome replacement for that butt-ugly Kunos launcher. :lol: Plus, it actually makes the game load cars & tracks faster! The speed improvements are more noticeable with traditional HDD's, I believe...SSDs are already lightning quick.

@WarriusZero when did you convert to the master race? You weren't on my list :D
I know, right? I was shocked too! It's always great to see another one join the cult. Do you want to preform the initiation ritual this time? Or should I still do it? I can't find my branding iron, it seems...We need to put the mark on him as soon as possible! :D :lol:

@mister dog I switched about a week ago. I tried to keep it quiet at first but it didn't last!

@ALB123 I installed Content Manager (full) yesterday evening! :lol:
It's quite good I have to say. I do still like the original launcher but I admit that CM is very up to the point.

As for modding I'll try to be strict about the quality and quantity of what I download (I've already removed a Caterham) so as not to spoil myself and not to water down the pleasure of driving on AC. I still haven't driven all the Kunos cars (both DLC and not DLC).

@ALB123 I installed Content Manager (full) yesterday evening! :lol:
It's quite good I have to say. I do still like the original launcher but I admit that CM is very up to the point.
Ahhh! Glad to hear you're on CM. The thing I like about it most is the ability to create/save presets. I've got several and it's really nice to jump back and forth...and even share the presets with friends. 👍

By the looks of it, I can't use an (Android in my case) app as a dashboard when using Content Manager. (in my case the app is SIM Dashboard)
It looks like it only works with the official launcher, is that right?

By the looks of it, I can't use an (Android in my case) app as a dashboard when using Content Manager. (in my case the app is SIM Dashboard)
It looks like it only works with the official launcher, is that right?

Shouldn't be the case, I use DashMeterPro on Android and DashPi on iOS at the same time using Content Manager. Didn't have to do anything special, they both just work.

I just spent the last 3-4 hours testing this Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. I moved it onto V10 Tires, fixed the brakes that were locking up in front much too easily, but didn't sacrifice braking performance. I enabled the use of paddles (so the engine doesn't red line between every gear change), however, you may still use your stick shift, of course. Oh, and I installed engine damage at 9000RPM and above. I still think it needs work. This is not my mod. I had this sitting around for quite a while and it was on v7 Tires and just didn't drive very nicely, in my opinion. She is still a monster featuring Power: 750hp & Torque: 949Nm.

Again, my changes are fairly minor, however they did have quite an impact on the vehicle. It comes with Street & Semislick Tires. I'm thinking about changing that up to Semislick or Hypercar Road tires...But, it is an older car (10 years old+). Any feedback would be appreciated if you decide to try this. Feel free to PM any comments and suggestions you might have to improve this, but I'm not looking to neuter the car either.

7M5Lnxv.jpg

EDIT:
(New download link...the first car wasn't allowing Left Front damper adjustments - FIXED)

https://mega.nz/#!DA8Qga4S!7nNi9VOBaa1vDfZU0qEcM52rzQfwueqdz_siVkVZm-Y

I didn't know you guys are ok this stuff. For over a year now, I have been determined to turn the Radical SR8 mod into more realistic car. The original was nearly a copy paste of the formula k, with very slight changes, power was from a motor not in the car during that model year and aero was exagerated (almost 1000kg).

In wanting to learn how to create a car anyway, I scoured the internet for pics and info, learned a ton about geometry, spring/dampers, aero and even tires are really starting to make sense. Anywho, I think I have replicated the car as well as I can with the info I can find. If anyone is interested and it is ok, I can provide a download link for you all.

I didn't know you guys are ok this stuff. For over a year now, I have been determined to turn the Radical SR8 mod into more realistic car. The original was nearly a copy paste of the formula k, with very slight changes, power was from a motor not in the car during that model year and aero was exagerated (almost 1000kg).

In wanting to learn how to create a car anyway, I scoured the internet for pics and info, learned a ton about geometry, spring/dampers, aero and even tires are really starting to make sense. Anywho, I think I have replicated the car as well as I can with the info I can find. If anyone is interested and it is ok, I can provide a download link for you all.

I will be glad to try your reworked physic. Either post a link here or in PM, PM might be better.
@RiftRacer just did the same for the Caterham and put in on race Department , I downloaded it but I have not tried it yet, I am having to much fun racing on the Street Fights servers.

Last edited:
Looking to get an iOS friendly dash app for my iPhone and Assetto. What's the best recommendation (price, features, and look)? Also looking for recommendations for iracing as well.

Looking to get an iOS friendly dash app for my iPhone and Assetto. What's the best recommendation (price, features, and look)? Also looking for recommendations for iracing as well.

There aren't too many for iOS. I recently got DashPi and like it, there's only a couple layouts and you can't customize anything but I'm happy with the defaults. It also has a telemetry page so if you also have an iPad you can have it to the side showing lap time, fuel, tires, etc. I think it's only $4.

There aren't too many for iOS. I recently got DashPi and like it, there's only a couple layouts and you can't customize anything but I'm happy with the defaults. It also has a telemetry page so if you also have an iPad you can have it to the side showing lap time, fuel, tires, etc. I think it's only $4.
Using fast dash now and it's solid.

So this weekend I had some time alone with Assetto Corsa (and iRacing). Started using the Fastdash apps for both. Very good. Not perfect because they don't show tires.

Joined SimRacingSystem. Man that's a good system. It brings a lot of what I like about iRacing to Assetto. Everybody that wants to avoid pub races and have more quality races should use this app. Unfortunately this week it's using a track I don't have: Red Bull Ring.

So I finally purchased the Red Pack (have it on console, but was waiting for it to go on sale on Steam, but never did).

Many tnx. There is also the naturally aspired version from 1979 somewhere? And working obviously, which is the version I cannot make it work anymore as the mod is too old.
So that I can do some comparisons.
Oh man...I'm sorry. I'll keep looking for the NA version. I might even have an old broken version of the NA BMW M1 somewhere in a backup folder on my file server. Perhaps I could use the engine data from that NA car and throw it into the car I found. I'll have to do a comparison of the suspension, tires, drivetrain, etc... just to make sure I'm converting the car from Turbo to NA properly.

However, that's not something I'd be able to do right away...My apologizes. I have so many things going on right now in my personal life and I'm trying to juggle all sorts of silly projects in Assetto Corsa already. But, I'll see what I can do for you.

Stay gold, Ponyboy...Stay gold. 👍

Oh man...I'm sorry. I'll keep looking for the NA version. I might even have an old broken version of the NA BMW M1 somewhere in a backup folder on my file server. Perhaps I could use the engine data from that NA car and throw it into the car I found. I'll have to do a comparison of the suspension, tires, drivetrain, etc... just to make sure I'm converting the car from Turbo to NA properly.

However, that's not something I'd be able to do right away...My apologizes. I have so many things going on right now in my personal life and I'm trying to juggle all sorts of silly projects in Assetto Corsa already. But, I'll see what I can do for you.

Stay gold, Ponyboy...Stay gold. 👍
No problem. Was just to have both versions. At the moment I'll enjoy the turbo one, which should be also the hardest to keep on the track, I suppose.

Good news @ALB123 and everybody, the Team Manager of the team I compete for an endurance championship on rFactor 2 yesterday gave me this link: http://sharemods.com/3kmawkh8ft4w/bmw_m1_procar.7z.html

This is the NA version from 1979. This also has v10 tires. Obviously AC mod.
Comparing to the DRM Turbo Gr5, this is easier to drive, no need to use clutch and has the "Electronic kicker", so no need to blip while downshifting. Still, you need to lift off from acceleration pedal while upshifting to avoid the horrendous overrevving sound.
Although I don't think is realistic, as the real car has a manual gearbox.

Done a video of this mod and is uploading (at the time I write the post), at Silverstone GP. In next days I will also pack a video of Turbo Gr5 mod, but on another track (I'm thinking about Spa).

Good news @ALB123 and everybody, the Team Manager of the team I compete for an endurance championship on rFactor 2 yesterday gave me this link: http://sharemods.com/3kmawkh8ft4w/bmw_m1_procar.7z.html

This is the NA version from 1979. This also has v10 tires. Obviously AC mod.
Comparing to the DRM Turbo Gr5, this is easier to drive, no need to use clutch and has the "Electronic kicker", so no need to blip while downshifting. Still, you need to lift off from acceleration pedal while upshifting to avoid the horrendous overrevving sound.
Although I don't think is realistic, as the real car has a manual gearbox.

Done a video of this mod and is uploading (at the time I write the post), at Silverstone GP. In next days I will also pack a video of Turbo Gr5 mod, but on another track (I'm thinking about Spa).
I'm confused. Are you saying that if you run this car using paddles to shift the car it revs sky high if you don't let off the gas between shifts? That doesn't happen to me with this car? I just downloaded it from the link you provided and I was going to fix that, but it doesn't rev at all between shifts when using paddles. I don't have a stick-shift so I have to use my DFGT paddles.

Please, tell me again what's happening and I'm sure I can fix it.

I'm confused. Are you saying that if you run this car using paddles to shift the car it revs sky high if you don't let off the gas between shifts? That doesn't happen to me with this car? I just downloaded it from the link you provided and I was going to fix that, but it doesn't rev at all between shifts when using paddles. I don't have a stick-shift so I have to use my DFGT paddles.

Please, tell me again what's happening and I'm sure I can fix it.

Do you have auto-clutch on? Typically, with auto-clutch on the engine won't rev between shifts but with it off the engine will rev between shifts. At least that's how it works on other cars, presume this one is the same. If I feel like lifting and blipping with the sequential shifter I leave auto-clutch and auto-blip off, but if I'm feeling a bit lazy and don't want to lift and blip I'll turn both on to avoid revving the engine between upshifts and lighting up the rears on downshifts.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back