Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,157 comments
Do you have auto-clutch on? Typically, with auto-clutch on the engine won't rev between shifts but with it off the engine will rev between shifts. At least that's how it works on other cars, presume this one is the same. If I feel like lifting and blipping with the sequential shifter I leave auto-clutch and auto-blip off, but if I'm feeling a bit lazy and don't want to lift and blip I'll turn both on to avoid revving the engine between upshifts and lighting up the rears on downshifts.
Nope. I only use Auto-Blip...

Code:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=240                        ;change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=260                        ;change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=250                    ;Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1                        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800                ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.4                ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.0130                            ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

That parameter, AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME controls it. So, if it were set to 0 then the revs would shoot toward red line. As you can see, the way the BMW M1 Procar is setup by the modder, there is an AUTO_CUTOFF for 250 milliseconds and the actual upshift only takes 240 milliseconds. So, there shouldn't be any jump in the RPMs and when I was just driving it there wasn't any. That's why I was confused and asked @Flaren89 to clarify. I was expecting to find a 0 in place of the 250.

While we're talking about this...this is another thing that I can't stand about people who use ripped models to produce their mod cars. I see street cars from the 70s with 80 millisecond shift times. The car most likely came with an old clunky 5 speed but those parameters need to be there for people like me who don't have a clutch & stick shift. So these modders give it Formula 1 gear changes? Drives me nuts... Even the values above for this BMW M1 are too low if we're trying to simulate the shift of a manual transmission with paddles.

I never changed anything in the datas, etc. Always "played" on the in-game settings.
I have to use paddles as I still don't own a shifter, but also running with BOTH automatic clutch AND throttle blip&cut OFF. Even if I don't own a shifter (still got clutch pedal because of T3PA). This leads that if I don't lift off gas while upshifting, the car will overrev.

I never changed anything in the datas, etc. Always "played" on the in-game settings.
I have to use paddles as I still don't own a shifter, but also running with BOTH automatic clutch AND throttle blip&cut OFF. Even if I don't own a shifter (still got clutch pedal because of T3PA). This leads that if I don't lift off gas while upshifting, the car will overrev.
Wow...That is strange. Does this happen with ever car that has a stick-shift? You need to let off the gas pedal when shifting or the revs shoot toward red line?

There is a track/layout from SIM TRAXX called "Hradek/Liptakov v0.75". I've had it for quite a while, but I must have forgotten about it. Anyway, it's completely open world freeroam and this map is huge! All sorts of country roads twists and turns, hills going up and hills going down. I drove it for a couple of hours last night with my BMW E30 M3. Boy, the brakes in that thing... :nervous:

Well, some kind soul has created a map for it. You can find it on Race Department here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...dek-1-and-hradek-liptakov-freeroam-map.13522/

If you need the track:

http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/hradek-liptakov.html

Then I realized that there are actually 3 layouts for this thing. The wide open Freeroam and 2 Rally Layouts. I'm not even into rally that much, but I was all over this map last night and today. Here is video from one of the Rally layouts:

Keep in mind, it's still only Beta -- in Freeroam mode you might see a parking lot full of dozens of road signs floating in the air. Obviously the creator imported them but hasn't placed them properly. And of course you'll often see some weird background scenery, but every road on the maps is perfectly driveable.

Wow...That is strange. Does this happen with ever car that has a stick-shift? You need to let off the gas pedal when shifting or the revs shoot toward red line?
This should happen only with cars with manual H shifter gearbox. The thing strange in the NA BMW M1 Procar my Team Manager provided and I linked, is that the fact that even if it has an "electronic kicker" for downshifting, and no need of clutch for gearshift (up/down) to avoid gear damage, you still have to lift off gas when upshifting to avoid overrevving.

But this makes me think of a version of the semi-auto gearbox, which is even more semi and it is used also for some modern minor formulas: This semi-semi has the clutch that has a half-engagement at gas release, so no automatic while pulling the lever. And when you actually pull the lever it fully engages before shifting the gear. I think this is the only reason why a sequential gearbox might have a working like that, where you overrev in upshift. Or either the mod is not perfect, the second reason.

If you want to replicate personally the overrev thing, plug off the shifter and try to upshift on a manual H shifter car (Lambo Miura, for example) without releasing the gas. It's pretty easy and fast to test.

I don't have a shifter. I only have a DFGT wheel & pedal set. All of the cars you've mentioned, the BMW M1 that your team manager gave you, the Lambo Miura, F40, Countach, Yellowbird... When I drive those cars, I can upshift without taking my foot off the gas pedal. The cars do not over-rev during upshifts when my foot is to the floor.

I don't have a shifter. I only have a DFGT wheel & pedal set. All of the cars you've mentioned, the BMW M1 that your team manager gave you, the Lambo Miura, F40, Countach, Yellowbird... When I drive those cars, I can upshift without taking my foot off the gas pedal. The cars do not over-rev during upshifts when my foot is to the floor.
Do you have automatic clutch and cut&blip OFF or ON? Because maybe if you set OFF like me, the option of 250 the modder put might be automatically disabled and put on 0.

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me. I just installed the latest Pikes Peak from SIM TRAXX. It has the regular hillclimb & downhill run as always, but now they're including a 3rd layout. It's a hillclimb, but this one is half pavement, have gravel/dirt. Not exactly good for my F40 Competition bouncing around like crazy.

So, I decided to do a regular run on the Hillclimb. They've definitely made improvements. (v0.8 now) I'm hauling tail up the hill in my new BMW M1 Procar (Turbo Group 5). Just having a blast...I must be getting close to the top now. I shot past a parked helicopter. I think I'm up higher than the hang-glider dude. And then it happens...I freakin' run out of fuel. :banghead: :mad: 30 Liters wouldn't get this pig up the hill. :grumpy: The people on the sides of the road are laughing at me. :embarrassed:

Then I realized that there are actually 3 layouts for this thing. The wide open Freeroam and 2 Rally Layouts. I'm not even into rally that much, but I was all over this map last night and today. Here is video from one of the Rally layouts:

I haven't tried this yet, but I just had a look at the folders - aren't there 4 layouts? There's freeroam, the 2 rally layouts and race. The maps only include freeroam and the 2 rallies though.

EDIT: In-game only 2 layouts showed up - freeroam and race. When I tried the race layout it crashed back to main menu. So only freeroam works for me.

You have got to be kidding me. I just installed the latest Pikes Peak from SIM TRAXX. It has the regular hillclimb & downhill run as always, but now they're including a 3rd layout. It's a hillclimb, but this one is half pavement, have gravel/dirt. Not exactly good for my F40 Competition bouncing around like crazy.

So, I decided to do a regular run on the Hillclimb. They've definitely made improvements. (v0.8 now) I'm hauling tail up the hill in my new BMW M1 Procar (Turbo Group 5). Just having a blast...I must be getting close to the top now. I shot past a parked helicopter. I think I'm up higher than the hang-glider dude. And then it happens...I freakin' run out of fuel. :banghead: :mad: 30 Liters wouldn't get this pig up the hill. :grumpy: The people on the sides of the road are laughing at me. :embarrassed:

:lol: I wouldn't bother with the dirt layout in AC just yet. The off road physics wouldn't be accurate after all. Maybe if you drive up in one of the SUVs you'll survive all the way to the top :P

Last edited:
Fat-Alfie is such a great guy! And he builds awesome AC tracks too. :D I had never heard of Bilster Berg before he released it. I know that he ended up selling the rights to the track, but hey...it doesn't stop us from running on darn near the final v1.0 of the track for free. From what he told me, the version that he sold is identical to the one we have in terms of track layout & surface polys. He made a few cosmetic additions/changes. Added a few track side objects...stuff like that. So, we really aren't missing anything.

I can't wait to try his latest creation. 👍

I got a question about reliability of available mods for AC. I found on Facebook a fan page concerning mods for AC. The download is possible from depositefiles . com. There are loads of cars, but some of them look old-fashioned in terms of rendering, judging by the preview picture. There is a sort of popularity ranking at racedepartment, with last update, one can judge if the mod has been updated, etc.

I have come back to AC after more than 2 year break. Now I find it very enjoyable with CV1. Even more than iRacing, which I have enjoyed for 5 years. My problem with AC is the lack of some popular tracks such as Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen and I am missing Ford Mustang 500FRS which I like very much, probably because I own s197 GT myself. I found even Polish Polonez,

So is it a kind of hit or miss strategy as far downloading the mods, apart from available ranking of popularity?

TPS
I got a question about reliability of available mods for AC. I found on Facebook a fan page concerning mods for AC. The download is possible from depositefiles . com. There are loads of cars, but some of them look old-fashioned in terms of rendering, judging by the preview picture. There is a sort of popularity ranking at racedepartment, with last update, one can judge if the mod has been updated, etc.

I have come back to AC after more than 2 year break. Now I find it very enjoyable with CV1. Even more than iRacing, which I have enjoyed for 5 years. My problem with AC is the lack of some popular tracks such as Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen and I am missing Ford Mustang 500FRS which I like very much, probably because I own s197 GT myself. I found even Polish Polonez,

So is it a kind of hit or miss strategy as far downloading the mods, apart from available ranking of popularity?

Watch the mod ratings and downloads. Many of them are surprisingly good. Of the list above, the only you listed that is bad is Lime Rock. I'm with you on ac over iracing. I love competition of iracing and variety of tracks but rather play ac.

Watch the mod ratings and downloads. Many of them are surprisingly good. Of the list above, the only you listed that is bad is Lime Rock. I'm with you on ac over iracing. I love competition of iracing and variety of tracks but rather play ac.

I found assettocorsa.club pretty interesting and seemingly reliable. There is a ranking (sort of) so I will try it. Many new tracks for me (generally speaking I know the tracks' layouts from iR) but am open to new tracks. I feel that physics in AC is more REAL (do not want to start war here). I like competition in iR, but chasing AI set to 100, or even 95% in AC seems to be very challenging for me, as I am just mid packer, sometimes being in the first 1/3 of a pack. I also like time attack, that is not so boring as Time trial in iR.

Race Department is without question the best place to find Assetto Corsa mods. It doesn't mean that the mods will always be knockout quality, but you're getting mods that aren't just rips of Forza models (for the cars) and the tracks are either scratch-made or they've been converted with explicit permission from the original authors. Usually, if someone is actually going to track down the original author(s), you can bet that they're putting as much effort into making the conversion live up to Assetto Corsa's capabilities.

Assettocorsa.club is another safe place to download mods. I can't promise that every single mod here would pass the scrutiny test of Race Department, however, the mods that you see on this website are usually of good quality, or better, especially when you see a "Club Choice" graphic next to the mod description. Also, @x4fab is associated with Assettocorsa.club and many people here can vouch for his amazing contributions to the Assetto Corsa community - particularly with Content Manager which is probably the best launcher & utility available for Assetto Corsa management. @x4fab doesn't hang out here on GTPlanet, however, his official Content Manager support thread can be found on Kunos's Official Forums in the Programming section: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/content-manager-aka-alternative-launcher.33824/

The majority of remaining places...Facebook groups, websites with 1000 cars to choose from, etc... Those places tend to have a majority of vehicles with hastily thrown together physics. Often tires, suspension, sounds, drive train, etc. are just borrowed from another quality car and Frankenstein'ed together. Decent enough for the AI to drive, but not so great for us to drive.

@TPS since you are using VR, you might enjoy some of the mods, like I do, just for the pleasure of being in a car you like or are curious about. So even if some mod are not the most accurate to drive, because of VR, just being virtually inside them is already very rewarding.

@TPS since you are using VR, you might enjoy some of the mods, like I do, just for the pleasure of being in a car you like or are curious about. So even if some mod are not the most accurate to drive, because of VR, just being virtually inside them is already very rewarding.
You are correct. I shouldn't have claimed that those mods aren't fun or exciting to drive. I guess what I really meant is that it's hard to know if certain things are "accurate" to the real life version. I have several undocumented mod cars that are a lot of fun to drive. There are some that are junk, in my opinion, but there are many that drive perfectly fine.

If you like driving public road maps, preferably with a street car, I urge you to take a look at this new track called The Tajo Hillclimb. A rookie track builder really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. Hopefully he sticks with track building. Based on this track, he seems to have a very keen eye for detail and a good sense of how to make a good flowing roadway.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-tajo-hillclimb.13771/

I'm not even sure how many runs I've done on this hill, but every one has been a blast. Especially in my Shelby Cobra S/C.

You are correct. I shouldn't have claimed that those mods aren't fun or exciting to drive. I guess what I really meant is that it's hard to know if certain things are "accurate" to the real life version. I have several undocumented mod cars that are a lot of fun to drive. There are some that are junk, in my opinion, but there are many that drive perfectly fine.

Lately I have had the opportunity to download mod cars that have been "improved" by an other modder or modders, the Porsche 2.7 touring, for example I have 3 versions of the exact same 3d model. wich one is the more accurate and which one is more fun to drive is a good question.
Of course anyone can alter the settings to make it closer to what they believe is more like the real thing. I also compared to driving the Kunos Yellow Bird at zero turbo boost, as I believe that is the closest to what that touring is probably to drive.
At the end of the day, since driving a sim, even in VR with decent wheel and pedals, is still far away from real driving, determining what is more real is not that obvious, at least not to me.:)

I am using VR and 2DOF, which makes some things a bit complicated, since sometimes the jerkiness of the movement is unpleasant. In iR I got set the travel of 100mm to 50%, with all effect set to 50%. In AC I have to set values differently.

There is also another minor thing - no time attack as an option in MODs. RSR Livetiming also do not record some laps. I tried Laguna Seca and no evidence of it. Eboladrome also.

If you like driving public road maps, preferably with a street car, I urge you to take a look at this new track called The Tajo Hillclimb. A rookie track builder really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. Hopefully he sticks with track building. Based on this track, he seems to have a very keen eye for detail and a good sense of how to make a good flowing roadway.

I'm not even sure how many runs I've done on this hill, but every one has been a blast. Especially in my Shelby Cobra S/C.
Damn, so much quality tracks and not enough time :D

I did a quick count and I have 67 tracks now, all of them decent or good.

Totally agree, very good recommendation this track as a feeling of reality that is amazing, not sure why but the immersion is excellent, in VR anyway, it makes you wish we could set traffic mode for the AI.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back