Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
Did you remove the old version of the car as instructed before installing the new one?
I did. I "removed" the car via the Content Manager, and I guess it also removed the associated font, which is not included in version 2. I guess you have to delete the folder rather than "remove" the car ?

Second try, exactly the same result.
I'm still losing a little over 0.6" in that same :banghead::boggled::irked::mad: Basin corner...

barba2.png

upload_2019-4-28_11-49-44.png

Tiny improvement, but I'm losing it all on the bloody final bend again. Pushing too hard. Theoretical was 1:05.8xx... GAAAAAAH!

The physics on that Clio are awesome, it really does handle like a FF hatch. Loads of understeer when trying to delicately trail brake, but this track doesn't let you do the bulk of your braking on the straights..!
It's a real tricky combo. Love it!

Last edited:
Assetto corsa/content/fonts
Thanks. So it was useless of me to look in the car folder :lol:
View attachment 817394

Tiny improvement, but I'm losing it all on the bloody final bend again. Pushing too hard. Theoretical was 1:05.8xx... GAAAAAAH!

The physics on that Clio are awesome, it really does handle like a FF hatch. Loads of understeer when trying to delicately trail brake, but this track doesn't let you do the bulk of your braking o the straights..!
It's a real tricky combo. Love it!
Absolutely, patience on the throttle on exit is also key. Feels like an age before getting on the throttle on the longer corners but if you can get corner entry speed perfect and then be really patient through the corner this allows you to maximise exit speed and really find that time. Not a quick car but super fun to drive and tricky to be really fast with it.

Last edited:
Renault Clio Cup v2 : https://mega.nz/#!F05DFQQR!p5UyqWgH6JkTHl3vPBFQtl4lG5NuwmJj_mBYKYQcJRk

Updates and fixes v2:
- car physics completely changed
- realistic physics
- LCD panel changed
- floating Motec digits repositioned slightly and z-aligned to fit flat on the display, and digits colour/intensity corrected
- driver's hands in synch with the steering wheel rotation
(both important in VR)
- skins fixed(in Kunos standards)
- fixed rim blur
- fixed LODs
- fixed fuel consumption

Credits
- delpinsky: shader patches, wiper animation, glass, lods, rims
- maki123: physics, new LCD panel, textures
- masscot: VR fixes

NOTE: Delete the previous folders, otherwise it will crash.
Thank you for these updates! I will give it a try.

I have a Clio Cup from modder "karma" (v0.9) that is good. I think I found it on facebook some time ago. My only (minor) problem with it is that the tyres don't display with ProTyres app and there is no motec display. I do prefer the liveries in karma version over this Assetto Garage version. Does anyone also have both versions? Preference?

renault_clio_cup.jpg

I have a Clio Cup from modder "karma" (v0.9) that is good. I think I found it on facebook some time ago. My only (minor) problem with it is that the tyres don't display with ProTyres app and there is no motec display. I do prefer the liveries in karma version over this Assetto Garage version. Does anyone also have both versions? Preference?

View attachment 817398
If the models are the same you should be able to copy the skins over from one car to the other. Can you upload the skins folder here?

View attachment 817398

assettocorsa/content/fonts
https://mega.nz/#!81hC2azB!hRCXgdRMQc6UrdTXjEdtAIXLlzsFJW7ekiqXmPtMTSs

Skins will be transferred to the new version.

Does anyone also have both versions? Preference?
I do. The one from karma (which iirc is originally from Guillaume Rousseau) is very nice, but after the latest updates, the one from AG (which I believe origins from pCars) has become my favorite.

I too like the skins from the karma version better.

That Clio has a lot of torque power in the higher RPMs. It's very similar to how many FF cars are. I suck at most everything else but I'm quite good with FF cars. The first car I truly mastered in a sim was the PT Cruiser in Gran Turismo 3 which was FF. :)

lol just read through the new posts after a few days of not logging in and the first thing I see is @P1ButtPlug getting triggered from absolutly nothing. I dont know why RSS would invest "3000 hours" into researching a car if Kunos already has done it for them????? Literally every other car would have been better than those "NGT" cars noone wants. Like " damm I waited my whole life to buy a car which is just a reskin of a car I already have of a very unpopular racing series". Man they have to get their **** together and develop some GT1 cars from the late 90s because URD is to retarded to actually finish their versions. That is what people want

I've only heard of RSS making a "Ferrari 360 NGT" and "Porsche 996 NGT" from ~2004, a class which raced alongside the current GT cars they've made from the FIA GT Championship. I don't think a Ferrari 458 NGT is even a thing, possibly just some confusion with them pictures. I know that I'm excited for the NGT cars, not as much as I was for the GT cars, or I would be for 90s GT1 but still I think they'll be a good addition.

I'm not sure what's going on with URD, Chris Haye made a video months ago with their version of a BMW M8 GTE and I don't think we've heard anything about it since, another car I was very much excited for but I will hold out with hope it gets released some time.

If the models are the same you should be able to copy the skins over from one car to the other. Can you upload the skins folder here?
Skin from karma version does not fit Maki's version. They are different models. Maki has added more skins to his version, so there is enough variety.
I do. The one from karma (which iirc is originally from Guillaume Rousseau) is very nice, but after the latest updates, the one from AG (which I believe origins from pCars) has become my favorite.

I too like the skins from the karma version better.
Had a go with Maki's Clio Cup. I agree... I like this version better than the karma version.

Here is my little contribution to Maki's Clio Cup. F6 cameras. Put in data folder of car.
https://mega.nz/#!cSBXBAxY!G4GCoKNSQVrP6BjKVulJLGuxUopNxJDWua7YIcMAUfU

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back