Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,027 comments
You seems to know lilski well, that would be great if he could add the chicane (the esses) on his Watkins Glen track, there is only this chicane missing to get the F1 1975/1985 layout, i do not think that layout exist at the moment. :)
Nah, I don't, just pay attention when he talks about tracks as that is something I have absolutely no idea about at all.
He seems to be extremely busy with always at least a handful of track projects of his own and helping out others on his hands. I doubt he would find the time but if he does, you could drop a nice request in the tracks discussion thread on RD. If it is something he would be able to do with ease maybe that could give the community another historic layout ;-)

It seems to me that talking about disrespect for the studio because of copying the track or the car relative to the two modding platforms is not entirely correct. Both simulators develop through modding, and they lose nothing from this, but gain a lot. For example, when a dlc with Nordschleife came out for AC, it was transferred to Rfactor 2 and this gave a huge plus to Rf2. This is how the world of mod simulators works - through exchange, they keep the audience. It benefits everyone.
I bought rfactor2 and dlc. But I do not spend as much time in rf2 as I spend in the AC. I see nothing wrong with being able to ride on the tracks that I paid in both simulators.

As for the transfer of the track from rf2 to the AC. I do not think that this is tantamount to building a track from scratch. If the roadway is too rough for AC, it is not so difficult to fix, there are simple modifiers for this.

The difficulty lies elsewhere - the latest DLCs, such as the Nordschleife, Lemans, Sebring, Monaco, have a different format than the old tracks, which were easy to open in 3Dsimed.
I tried to do this and nothing came of it...
We have the exact laserscan version of Leman (FM7) and Nordschleife (official DLC) in AC. Sebring do not know for sure, is there no conversion from FM7? In any case, there is an opportunity to do this without resorting to Rf2. But the Monaco laserscan is only in RF2, and if it could be converted into AC- it would be a holiday! :)
But it seems the developers took care of this, and protected the new content. They can be understood, but very sad.

I think we are pretty much on the same page there.
What I meant was that Studio123 is a very small team on a tiny budget and one of the reasons why their Sebring and LE Mans track DLCs are comparatively on teh pricey side (as far as some people's complaints go) is that the costs to produce these monumental track projects is just very high and combined with likely lower sales compared to what iRacing or even AC users turn over Studio123 is a bind.

They really need that money, hence a "free" conversion of that track available else were will inevitable invite free loaders. Not everyone I am afraid operates on the honor system (I make it a point to purchase each racing sim / game I use content from to make sure that the original content creators do see their monetization for the work they have done).

Re. rF2 to AC track conversions - I really do not know the technicalities here but just remember well this topic being talked about with one of the master AC track builders (cant remember if it was Kevin or David) and the comment indeed was that the reason for a lack of many high quality track conversions from the ISI engine to AC is indeed the need for a complete rebuild of the physics road mesh, taking up a very large chunk of what a scratch made track built would be.

Conversions such as the vintage Spa track from rF2 show exactly this characteristic (MUCH too bumpy sensation when converted from rF2 to AC without very laborious road mesh rebuild).

I do vaguely remember that there was talk of a conversion in the making of a FM7 laser scanned Sebring to AC some time ago (that too being VERY laborious a process).
I think it was discussed here in the thread maybe half a year ago?

OK so the default cameras i removed completely so these are numbered accordingly so will overwrite unless you rename / number them.

4 cameras, last two are the same but one is closer....my favourite is the 4th one...

That is awesome work! Thank you. A great addition to the Brickyard track. Now I can go back on my replays and see just where I screwed up!
Great work as always, thanks again!

WIP Onboard from the (Mostly) finished Rouen Les Essart by F3 Classic Tracks:

Sergio says he intends to finish it "enough" to do a test race with a vintage community within the next week. Adjusting the grip on the worn out Concrete service-road in front of the radio tower and the cobblestones for the hairpin are the last things that need done on the surface. Then building the pit facilities.

Other than that, it's pretty close to done. Conservative ETA 2-4 weeks.

There's also this version floating about https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/snaefell-mountain-course.html but not sure it ever got updated and just having looked on youtube seems like it's badly optimised etc
Yes indeed, it's badly in need of updates and all sorts. Since I'm the one who built it in the first place, it's down to me finding time to work on it. The fact that it's badly optimised is because it's done in RTB, which I like a lot, but has it's limitations. I want to look at how to get open street map buildings into fbx, that would be really useful

PS sorry about being late to the party here, still catching up to everything in this long thread

Hi all, just discovered the joys of the Bilster Berg circuit!..... brilliant fun!. Does anyone know if there's an expanded grid slot file anywhere? it only allows for a grid of 16 cars. cheers.

Yes indeed, it's badly in need of updates and all sorts. Since I'm the one who built it in the first place, it's down to me finding time to work on it. The fact that it's badly optimised is because it's done in RTB, which I like a lot, but has it's limitations. I want to look at how to get open street map buildings into fbx, that would be really useful

PS sorry about being late to the party here, still catching up to everything in this long thread

This is the one with no roadside barriers yes?

May I ask where you got the road and elevation data for the route? It's more accurate than the other full length version from RD but it's still quite a way off the real course. If you ever do get around to doing updates and need any information/pictures then let me know, I've been round the real course probably a hundred times or more and would be happy to help improve it.

Lucas Macedo news.

https://www.lucas-mods.com/2020/05/assetto-corsa-nissan-gtr-35.html
Screenshot_hd_nissangtrdday_ks_highlands_6-5-120-17-47-39.png

https://www.lucas-mods.com/2020/05/assetto-corsa-toyota-cressida-1979-rx30.html
I hope this one run well, without too much drifting setup.
__custom_showroom_1589688898.jpg

Yep, i jut did it.

The cmpreset goes into
C: DRIVE. UTENTI / UTENTE / DATI APP / LOCALE / GESTIONE CONTENUTI UTENSILI AC / PRESET / PRESET SHADERS PERSONALIZZATI. [/ PREVENTIVO]

C: DRIVE. USERS /USER/APP DATA/LOCAL/AC TOOLS CONTENT MANAGER/PRESETS/CUSTOM SHADERS PRESET.
Thanks for your answer, the problem is that I can't find the path, C: DRIVE. USERS / USER / APP / LOCAL DATA / TOOLS CUSTOMIZED AC / PRESET / PRESET SHADERS TOOLS. Would you be so kind to give me an example of installation in photos? if it disturbs you i apologize in advance, thanks anyway ..

This guy's out by the way at VRC. (paymod)

screenshot_vrc_arc_auriel90_lilski_watkins_glen_17-5-120-21-23-12_accumulation-jpg.373683

If you don't have this mod yet... download it. It's glorious to drive. Very very easily driven and sounds amazing.

I wonder why VRC has turned this car into a RWD ?
Afaik it has always been a AWD (Quattro).

I can tell you for sure that it is AWD from VRC. The UI says rwd which is an error, but the actually physics are AWD and exactly how it was for these cars. They were heavily RWD biased because of how far forward past the front axle centerline the engine extended. Having done a decent amount of wheel and tire changes on these cars it's baffling that they work as well as they do but it's largely in part because they balanced the AWD system to utter perfection.

Thanks for your answer, the problem is that I can't find the path, C: DRIVE. USERS / USER / APP / LOCAL DATA / TOOLS CUSTOMIZED AC / PRESET / PRESET SHADERS TOOLS. Would you be so kind to give me an example of installation in photos? if it disturbs you i apologize in advance, thanks anyway ..

Maybe mine is different, have a look on the D: drive

If you don't have this mod yet... download it. It's glorious to drive. Very very easily driven and sounds amazing.

I can tell you for sure that it is AWD from VRC. The UI says rwd which is an error, but the actually physics are AWD and exactly how it was for these cars. They were heavily RWD biased because of how far forward past the front axle centerline the engine extended. Having done a decent amount of wheel and tire changes on these cars it's baffling that they work as well as they do but it's largely in part because they balanced the AWD system to utter perfection.

I do! Just love it.

My photo ;)

Sorry if it's an obvious question but do you have Content Manager installed?
Usually this is where content manager preset files are located but as Safi Hellie has said it may be on another drive on your system.

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets

Hi guys! Help please!
I seem to have lost all kinds of weather in Sol. The sky is always blue. I´ve already reinstalled SOL. The version I have is the latest alpha, the Sol 1.6 alpha 2 and my version of CSP is also the latest, CSP 0.1.57
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys! Help please!
I seem to have lost all kinds of weather in Sol. The sky is always blue. I´ve already reinstalled SOL. The version I have is the latest alpha, the Sol 1.6 alpha 2 and my version of CSP is also the latest, CSP 0.1.57
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)
Roll back to CSP 0.1.55.

Apparently the new twin ring motegi from Mitja Bonca is up for release any day now. This looks impressively accurate:

Yes, I've been following his thread on RD. I have the greatest respect for what he's done--and considering the lengthy development time, I expect it will be one of the best releases for AC. I loved the track in Gran Turismo, and RaceRoom has an excellent version of it. I am definitely looking forward to having it in AC.

Of course he may be working on other mods, projects... and there's this thing called "regular" life. Sim-racing is one of those extra things we (most of us) enjoy when we have time. If you check the thread on RD, Mitja first posted about this project in May 2018, two years ago. Some day, hopefully soon, there'll be a pleasant surprise when I check in at RD (or see an update here). ...and it will be a surprise of sorts, because there's no way of knowing how long it could be, as several have thought its' release was imminent a few months ago. However, I do understand his passion and attention to detail.

Mitja's RD thread about Twin Ring Motegi (for those who haven't found it yet).
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/twin-ring-motegi-wip.150792/

My video of the RaceRoom version. Mitja's is looking about the same quality, if not better in some ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if it's an obvious question but do you have Content Manager installed?
Usually this is where content manager preset files are located but as Safi Hellie has said it may be on another drive on your system.

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets

hi, yes i have content manager, only 1.5.1. csp 156
I recently moved to the PC, for me and a little more complicated, I think I will have to give up this fantastic mod, only a few examples from photos could be useful for me .. thanks for your intervention ..

I recently moved to the PC, for me and a little more complicated, I think I will have to give up this fantastic mod, only a few examples from photos could be useful for me .. thanks for your intervention ..

Sorry, just wanted to make sure you had Content Manager (CM) before proceeding. If you want to start out with ppfilters and graphic enhancements try installing SOL from here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/
and then a filter like this one https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/a3pp-beautiful-ppfilter-for-assetto-corsa.24258/
or this one https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackcelicas-rtfx-filters-for-sol-weather.25012/
Just follow the install files and you should be ok but if you get stuck send me a message and I'll talk you through installing and getting things up and running.
Oh and welcome to the rabbit hole :D

Hi! maybe your Windows is set to hide system files and folders. Try this:

1 - Press the Windows-key + R
2 - Paste this %LOCALAPPDATA%
3 - Press Enter

EDIT: Windows-key is that one between CRTL and ALT with a window icon.

OK so the default cameras i removed completely so these are numbered accordingly so will overwrite unless you rename / number them.

4 cameras, last two are the same but one is closer....my favourite is the 4th one...

Where are the FAmericas skins from?

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 53
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 55
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back