Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Help Needed
This happened suddenly after playing AC for a few hours, then I tried to wait it out since yesterday but appears to be having the same unexpected error window popping out after loading screen.
View attachment 926945
Is there anything I can do? (tried turning off the computer and back on, still the same)

I can hardly read it unfortunately but it looks like it has something to do with the physics engine breaking. Does the same thing happen with every car and track? If it does you may want to try backing up your car and track collection and reinstalling the game fresh.

The default brake balance is set here:

data.acd
-> brakes.ini
-> [DATA]
-> FRONT_SHARE=0.58 ; Percentance of brake torque at front axis

If you want to set a 75% Front Brake Bias, use this:

FRONT_SHARE=0.75

Of course you also have to make sure that your setup.ini has set the boundaries of available brake bias setting to allow for your set brake bias in brakes.ini to be legal.

If you set your brake bias in brakes.ini to 0.75 and have your min / max brake bias in setup.ini set to 0.55/0.65 then the car will load into a sessin with a 0.65 brake bias and 0.75 will never become available.

It is best practice to disable items in setup.ini when building physics from scratch and rebuild each item in setup.ini one by one once your default physics setup of the car is spot on, otherwise you will be juggling way too many balls at once and may get lost ;-)

Thank you for the time spent writing this, I'm aware of the brake bias option and the setup.ini, but that is not what I need.
I was talking about brake power multiplier. What I would like to do is to set it to default at something different to 100% .

These are the corresponding lines in setup.ini:

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake power
MIN=80
MAX=100
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=HELP_BRAKE_POWER_MULT

This is what in AC comes closer to real-life brake-pressure or pedal force. For Mégane Trophy, Renault advice to start with 75% of the overall power to start building setup.

Unfortunately, in AC brakes is one of the most simplified things: in the case of a front-disks / rear-drums car, for example, you cannot set a different brake torque for front-rear. What you can do is just set an overall max brake power, and then play with bias to move it. It's a bit limiting, far from real-life but we can live with it.

But ever since I start reworking race-car, what I really miss is a way to change default brake power (RL "pedal-force"), so the point is: am I missing this option, or it just doesn't exist?

Thank you for the time spent writing this, I'm aware of the brake bias option and the setup.ini, but that is not what I need.
I was talking about brake power multiplier. What I would like to do is to set it to default at something different to 100% .

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake power
MIN=80
MAX=100
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3

This is what in AC comes closer to real-life brake-pressure or pedal force. For Mégane Trophy, Renault advice to start with 75% of the overall power to start building setup.

Unfortunately, in AC brakes is one of the most simplified things: in the case of a front-disks / rear-drums car, for example, you cannot set a different brake torque for front-rear. What you can do is just set an overall max brake power, and then play with bias to move it. It's a bit limiting, far from real-life but we can live with it.

But ever since I start reworking race-car, what I really miss is a way to change default brake power (RL "pedal-force"), so the point is: am I missing this option, or it just doesn't exist?

Default would be 100% so make MAX=133 and subject to confirmation you would get 75% as your starting point.

Hi guys,

I have two questions from a guy without a Facebook account;

1) How do i get in touch with Geroda for buying mods?
2) Is there any progress in GT4 development since the Supra by Guerrilamods?

Thanks in advance!

Default would be 100% so make MAX=133 and subject to confirmation you would get 75% as your starting point.

well, actually being default 100%, to have 75% as starting point, I should make MAX = 75.
And anyway that wouldn't give one the possibility to have the real max brake power of 100. :ouch:

Help Needed
This happened suddenly after playing AC for a few hours, then I tried to wait it out since yesterday but appears to be having the same unexpected error window popping out after loading screen.
View attachment 926945
Is there anything I can do? (tried turning off the computer and back on, still the same)

As far as I have learned from @xedos6 the last big Steam update broke AC on some machines so just try to have a look into your steam files and maybe do an integrity check and see if it works.

Set MAX_TORQUE= to 75% of whatever you have calculated to be the max torque.
Use setup.ini MAX=133 so that in setup you can scale the above figure up to the maximum calculated figure.
As the car will start at 100(%) of the value in MAX_TORQUE your starting force will be at 75%.

QED

Set MAX_TORQUE= to 75% of whatever you have calculated to be the max torque.
Use setup.ini MAX=133 so that in setup you can scale the above figure up to the maximum calculated figure.
As the car will start at 100(%) of the value in MAX_TORQUE your starting force will be at 75%.

QED

Oh, that's great, I didn't think that you can go over 100% in setup.ini, thank you!

It's from rFactor 2. Half the track was laser scanned, the AC (and ACC) version unfortunately is not. The assets and (especially) the trees don't look that good, but the track itself is much more accurate than the one in AC, and especially the 2020 version from RD. Also the gras/asphalt borders can use some work, unfortunately I'm not capable of doing this myself though otherwise I would've done it. I'll leave that to the more capable modders!

There is a updated version:

Zandvoort 2020
Update:
- Added sets of trackcameras
- Redone shaders
- Added SAFER barrier in final turn
- Added Tecpro-barriers
- Fixed wall in final turn
- Various small fixes and improvements

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5ej0mz73w0n9bn/Zandvoort_2020_1.0.rar
Thanks very much. Whoever updated the track unfortunately didn't change the revision number (which is always mildly irritating), but the file size is slightly larger. Where did you get it from?

Hi guys,

I have two questions from a guy without a Facebook account;

1) How do i get in touch with Geroda for buying mods?
2) Is there any progress in GT4 development since the Supra by Guerrilamods?

Thanks in advance!

for your question 2: there working there ass off as we speak,.. it will take some time for them to make it 100% perfect,.. but be patience it will come.

in the mean will you can always download the beta pack of the GT4: https://mega.nz/folder/eE8z0CoB#4FJd5v4l7ClnrklqUysktg

cheers!

Maibe noob question. I got the Akiba map, that one street only map. I see screenshots in the night with all that nice neon lights but in my Assetto there is no lights in the map. Is it hard yo make a lights config for this map?

Edit: Nevermind, the track itself come with a lights config file :banghead:

Last edited:
hi guys, a way to map reverse gear in CM for a sequential shifter with action shifter reverse fonction?
i can see only up or down shifting....
thxs
I read this a couple of times and I still don't understand, maybe it's me... ;)
I use a Heusinkveld SQ shifter. It obviously shifts up and down the gears and when in neutral, a push forward puts in in reverse.
My Fanatec H-shifter (when I switch in SQ mode) acts the same way.
But I guess it's not what you mean ?

Have at it Teddie, unlike other files, VAO files just won't load and shouldn't crash anything. Check if it loaded on track with BLM Lights App. Blamer has made it easy to find out.
When you've used Customtracksbakery to create vao patches did you set up arguments for particular tracks?

Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but do you happen to have downloaded the kart cross for assetto corsa ? I've searched all over the internet and cant seem to find it, or anything like it.

thank you

There's a Honda cross kart over at RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-cb750-crosskart.30189/

But if you mean this one:

xkart.png

The authors asked to take down all links (Youtube - AC car mods - etc), so I'm afraid I can't provide a link for it, sorry.

I did a small update of the 2014 Porsche 919, Corrected tyre size to match the Kunos, and so the ride height is much more realistic and closer than in reality:
New materials settings and new textures as well.
__custom_showroom_1591182026.jpg

__custom_showroom_1591182058.jpg

The base, seem to be RR3, is quite enough to fill the void of the 919 legacy, next step is to make the cockpit a little bit better and further materials tweaks.

@Real Toonces Can you do me a set up for the ferrari 458 bog standard road edition for imola please. Trying to get 1.56 outta it, I flattening at 2.01 as the brakes, tyres, whatever ain't working for me.

Quick question here. I'm 99% of time competing against AI, basically due to lack of time from my side. Quick 10-15 lap-races, mostly GTs or TCRs. But I've got a problem with AI: most of the tracks that are not Kunos (or from well-established modders) have rubbish or non-existing AI, even the track being awesome. Also, the cars sweep you out of the track from behind as they seem to be in rails. Nothing really happens to them.

Is there any way I can configure the AI better to better enjoy solo gameplay? Cheers!

Hi All.
Is there a Audi R8 GT3 2019 latest mod other than the stock Kunos on of 2016. And is there a 2019 Bentley GT3
as well. Many thanks.

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake power
MIN=80
MAX=100
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3

Super easy - the correct procedure to achieve what you want is described by GzeroD below ;-)
AC physics allow most of anything when applying creative application of available tools ;-)

This ^^^

well, actually being default 100%, to have 75% as starting point, I should make MAX = 75.
And anyway that wouldn't give one the possibility to have the real max brake power of 100. :ouch:

You simply calculate whatever brake torque you want to set in the default setup, then simply expand the upper setup.ini brake power limit, … done.
Extra points: use the Show_Clicks command parameter to mask the now arbitrary % value exceeding 100% to clicks that correspond with what you want to have displayed in the setup UI in session … done … clean result ;-)

Also you mention not being able to assign different torque values to front / rear brakes … of course you can ;-)
That is what your brake bias is there for ;-) (this is how it is setup very straight forward in simply, yet allowing for all eventualities).

- calculate the overall brake torque you want to apply to the car
- calculate the virtual brake bias multiplier to achieve the desired split in brake torque front / rear
- now calculate the needed brake bias equivalent to your car manufacturer data to achieve the desired actual brake bias (it will result in arbitrary brake bias / brake power values in setup UI, therefore to have it look clean you should use the SHOW_CLICKS function to convert actual % values to numerical values and tweak the lower / upper boundaries until they correspond to the ACTUAL actual values you want displayed)

It is all a little more work (hence I don't mess with this and hence I don't share mods) but all is possible ;-)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back