Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Have at it then RFC TRUCKS

These are looking more like LOD B rips being as they are missing their cabin details.
And the physic were so old they included coast.lut, which was deprecated before I even bought the game.
Thanks for working on these, GzeroD. You're right about the cabin details on these. I ended up combining these trucks with the Formula Trucks grid and using one of the Formula trucks for me to drive since the interiors are much nicer in those. Thanks again.
upload_2020-8-24_4-19-23.png

Using Formula Truck for interior view. RFC/ETRC trucks to fill grid of competitors.
Screenshot_ftruck_volvofh_tmm_autodrom_most_24-7-120-4-12-8.jpg
Screenshot_ftruck_volvofh_tmm_autodrom_most_24-7-120-4-11-44.jpg

That might be why your resolution doesn't switch.
Why 'I wish..?' about VR? Your specs can handle it and Rifts are dirt cheap nowadays.

I have only used VR a few times (actually my friend was borrowing Mika Salo's Oculus) in a motion rig.
Its good but I have been waiting for "new tech".

I only have one hand, its super weird to see two hands in VR... and try to use a missing limb hah. However I am convinced it will be great.
One session I was testing a physics mod for a pro league, and the cars rear end started to come around at the to of Eau Rouge... my head swivelled to keep a reference point as I spun... and recovered in a very natural way!
(also I am out of work at the moment... anyone need a penetration tester?)

Thanks for working on these, GzeroD. You're right about the cabin details on these. I ended up combining these trucks with the Formula Trucks grid and using one of the Formula trucks for me to drive since the interiors are much nicer in those. Thanks again.
View attachment 951710
Using Formula Truck for interior view. RFC/ETRC trucks to fill grid of competitors.
View attachment 951711 View attachment 951712

Cool and LOL, RFC = Release for Comment.

I haven't converted anything from AMS myself because I own the game and need an excuse to use it.
I took the AMS trucks and the FIA game trucks for a spin, there models are altogether better.
I'll leave that lot I just posted as is, except if anything is broken, and not do a release as such, legion or otherwise.

Last edited:
Blackwood Reloaded (the one from a few pages back) with RainFX is the BOMB.. adds a new dimension the game to have to try guess where the other guys are by looking out for the glow of their lights in the mist thrown up by the tyres, I think its a bit overkill and hopefully Ilja will add a slider to tone it back, but, still, wowza!

Racing be like "I'm sure there is a corner here somewhere.. ahhh... tail light.. oh crap.. corner!"

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = rub4, rub6, material_0,donut1,material_3209,rub7,material_131,material_3233,carpet,curb1

in other news... rainfx and triple screen and blackwood and 15 cars... had to drop to 7 to stay above 60fps..
upload_2020-8-24_19-7-13.png

Last edited:
This Dodge Challenger SRT Demon was released with rogue geometry floating off in the distance, which meant it never appeared in previews. I fixed that along with the driver's face and tweaked the audio, gear ratios, brakes, hand/wheel synch and some other stuff.
No idea why really as I'm never likely to drive it again, but I guess someone* might find the improvements useful.
Car model is by Turn 10. It's a better car than the IXA Project version, I think. But still not very good.

Capturea.PNG

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4ksnl90jy9c4m8/file

*someone wearing a MAGA cap while diddling their sister.

Last edited:
Blackwood Reloaded (the one from a few pages back) with RainFX is the BOMB.. adds a new dimension the game to have to try guess where the other guys are by looking out for the glow of their lights in the mist thrown up by the tyres, I think its a bit overkill and hopefully Ilja will add a slider to tone it back, but, still, wowza!

Racing be like "I'm sure there is a corner here somewhere.. ahhh... tail light.. oh crap.. corner!"

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = rub4, rub6, material_0,donut1,material_3209,rub7,material_131,material_3233,carpet,curb1

in other news... rainfx and triple screen and blackwood and 15 cars... had to drop to 7 to stay above 60fps..
View attachment 951714

I'm updating this track with also the no chicane variant even is "bumpy", new replay cameras, GrassFX, RainFX & LightFX. Hope to be able to finish it soon

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - no change
Auto24ring v1.8 - no change
Algarve v 2.0 - no change
Nogaro v2.6 - no change
Spielberg (Oesterreichring) 1974/1977 v2.5 - no change

Hockenheim 1988 v2.6 UPDATE

It was a blood sweat and tears job, but I succeeded in reducing the number of faces in the trees.kn5 from 1,600,000 to 84,000.
Apparently all the trees had been doubled about 4 times...
I really hope the FPS are much better for most of you now.
There will be some minor updates in the future, but this one was urgent :)

Since March 11th I have been a professional bass player without a gig... thanks to corona.
So if you buy me a beer on Paypal, that would really keep me motivated :)
But also if you don't: enjoy the tracks!

https://paypal.me/moddingmusician
Hi @Zwiss ! :)

THANK YOU !
I guess It surely has been "a blood sweat and tears job" but You really succeeded in it so far, all my congratulations and my warm thanks ! :bowdown: 👍 ;)

Professional bass guitar player now !?
That's really cool and my thoughts go to Jaco Pastorius and in another style of playing the bass guitar... Lemmy Kilmister. ^^

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:

[RAIN_FX]

View attachment 951714

Where exactly should I copy paste your RAIN_FX configs in though?xD..

FM7 Bathurst, figured out you need to set rumble strips to accept rain as well, or the water ends kind of wiedly. when you set them it "flows" between both
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_1,ROADLINES_MAIN,RUMBLES,GRASS,SAND,RUMBLES,PaintedTar2Grass_ROAD_BATH_083
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_1
ROUGH_MATERIALS = BATHURST_GRASS,GRASS
View attachment 951682

where do i past this lines?

I was a good boy and searched first, but, maybe my search-fu sucks..
has anyone ported the MCR-2000 from AMS / Reiza-Pack in RF2.

Its a lot of fun in the other game, would love to give it a crack in AC! Nearly broke my dang H-SHifter!

Right. OK so rain fx is inbound so totally pointless now, also possibly i may even have missed this fix already.

But up until recently people have been given a 'fix' for mud like spray on wet tracks using SOL, along the lines of "turn off smoke effect in Particles FX.."

Great, but a bit annoying as you have to keep re enabling it etc for dry.

So i 'discovered' it is all about the rain mod tracks using DIRT in surfaces as 1.0.... it then creates with SOL or CSP or whatever is doing it a dirt spray...

So dead easy!

go into wet track surfaces.ini...so for example Silverstone GP wet track.
Make the tarmac surfaces say 0.2 instead of 1.0.... and bingo...
Just in time for a new rain fx mod which will make it all pointless, its fixed!!!! :banghead:

View attachment 951651

Best bit is you can get creative and imagine the kerbs have picked up dirt from the rain etc...well make the kerbs kick up dirt and the road kick spray!

View attachment 951652
View attachment 951653

Thanks for the fix:

I edit a Pack Mod Fix Surface.ini for Wet Tracks (and layout), actived with Content Manager

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Hockenheim 1988 v2.6 UPDATE
It was a blood sweat and tears job, but I succeeded in reducing the number of faces in the trees.kn5 from 1,600,000 to 84,000.
Apparently all the trees had been doubled about 4 times...
I really hope the FPS are much better for most of you now.
There will be some minor updates in the future, but this one was urgent :)
Brilliant work!
I'm motivated now to make some killer 1988 & 1991 tv camera sets for this track! :gtpflag:
I can now finally fully 'retire' the mod 1988 version from my collection.

Last edited:
Nope, this is the first DTM season I tuned into :) Is that too filthy confession to make on these forums? :P

You start to watch DTM ,in a year that might be the worst in DTM's story. :(

See a few 80's, 90's 00's and 10's races in Youtube. You'll see what I mean. Unfortunately.

Cheers

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back