Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
;) Was wondering about IRL (In Real Life) tracks at the moment, SMTX :)

All my original tracks so far are fictional.

Fortunately, the closest track to me (about an hour) has already been made: https://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/summit-point.html

One obscure track I'm close to is Dominion Raceway, a short .4 mile oval bullring with a 2 mile road course: http://dominionraceway.com/

I'm pretty much in the worst part of VA when it comes to proximity to road courses... the nest closest is NJMP 3 hours away... followed by VIR 4 and a half... fortunately, they've all been made for AC, so lucky me (minus Dominion, obviously)

https://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/new-jersey-motorsports-park.html

https://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/virgina-international-raceway.html

;) Was wondering about IRL (In Real Life) tracks at the moment, SMTX :)

All my original tracks so far are fictional.

http://tss.boxzaracing.com/2018/howto/25370

Bangsaen Street Circuit, damn fast, and dangerous. I lived on edge of this track in the years I lived in Thailand. They convert regular streets once a year for it. Its awesome to watch, would love to race it.

Bangsaen-Street-Circuit-Map.jpg

turn this google map sideways,
upload_2020-9-7_14-15-39.png

If you need colour, lighting etc, shout I have HEAPS of info and lots of friends still living there.

damn.. I miss living there...

Last edited:
Is there a track out there IRL that people have been really really wanting, but has not been done yet in a racing game...?

Morgan Park, Qld? Another one I can't find (maybe someone can post the link for me lol)

Looks like it was created for rFactor.

Is a current active track that I hope to race at in the next year or two so keen to get some practice in beforehand :)

Bangsaen Street Circuit, damn fast, and dangerous. I lived on edge of this track in the years I lived in Thailand. They convert regular streets once a year for it. Its awesome to watch, would love to race it.

View attachment 955996
View attachment 956000

If you need colour, lighting etc, shout I have HEAPS of info and lots of friends still living there.

This one's piqued my interest :), since my son has done a lot of pacific asian stuff for me for a fictional phillipines track I've been working on. I'll talk with you more about Bangsaen soon hopefully to get more details. Thanks TRCB.

do any versions of Amaroo Park exist for Assetto Corsa?

Also wish someone would make an early 80's version of Bathurst before the Chase and new pit lane buildings went in.

Amaroo Park was renamed to Barbagallo some 15 years ago. We have an excellent track in fact. Here is a link to a very beautiful 2019 skin from @PepperoniAC24 and inside you'll find a link to the actual track. Also an excellent new AI lines were posted not so long ago on RD, you'll find them by searching. This is a must have for superV8 fans I think:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pirtek-perth-2019.31558/

EDIT: Ups, disregard. Was thinking of Waneroo. Sorry.

Morgan Park, Qld? Another one I can't find (maybe someone can post the link for me lol)

Looks like it was created for rFactor.

Is a current active track that I hope to race at in the next year or two so keen to get some practice in beforehand :)

It exists. Sadly to say it's from Gilles82. Which means it's a paid mod, but at least it's one of his best tracks, so if you really want it, this one is actually not a waste of money, like many others:

Last edited:

View attachment 955996
View attachment 956000

Yesssssss Bangsaen is such a cool street circuit would love to race there.
There is that version of Morgan Park, I have a modified 32pit version of it, if you ask nicely I can share however it's a poor convert of the rF1 version and really needs to be redone from scratch

Amaroo Park was renamed to Barbagallo some 15 years ago. We have an excellent track in fact. Here is a link to a very beautiful 2019 skin from @PepperoniAC24 and inside you'll find a link to the actual track. Also an excellent new AI lines were posted not so long ago on RD, you'll find them by searching. This is a must have for superV8 fans I think:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pirtek-perth-2019.31558/

It exists. Sadly to say it's from Gilles82. Which means it's a paid mod, but at least it's one of his best tracks, so if you really want it, this one is actually not a waste of money, like many others:

Amaroo Park isn't Barbagallo Ales. For one thing, Amaroo was in Sydney and Barbagallo in Perth, thousands of KM's away! Amaroo Park was convetered into a suburb filled with houses long ago, as happened more recently with Oran Park.

Amaroo Park isn't Barbagallo Ales. For one thing, Amaroo was in Sydney and Barbagallo in Perth, thousands of KM's away! Amaroo Park was convetered into a suburb filled with houses long ago, as happened more recently with Oran Park.
Yes, noticed the mistake myself, sorry. Had a similar name. Wanneroo. Edited my post. We're back at conrod/comrod straight discussion again. :lol:

In Australia, it wouldn't be surprising to find a track Amagelloboorod either. :P
Yes I noticed that. :lol: Sort of became obsessed with your racing history. It's very interesting and rich in content. Something we Europeans had very little contact to. But atcc in the 80s with Brock, Moffat, Dick Johnson, Richards,.., their trips to Europe, and then later Skaife,.. and up to modern day v8s. Brilliant stories, a big chunk of racing history, that totally past by us non Aussie racing fans. I can't stop watching old races and documentaries from that period, as they are all available on YouTube. I've also put together quite a few full race grids from that time period for AC. A race with a full 1986 or 1989 atcc grid around Bathurst, Adelaide, Hidden Valley, Sandown, Winton, ... a top of the line racing experience. Really loving it.

Sorry, guys to reply my own post, but I thought that it would be important to draw some attention, in case somebody else got to this point.

At first, formatting the computer worked, but after a few days it came back and nothing that I did made it work back.
Well, after many tests, I can confirm that the culprit was the option "Use Desktop game Theatre while Steam VR is activated", it must be unchecked for Assetto Corsa (at least in my system).
I lost so many days, configurations and custom setups in this process, just because a simple flag. But now I am happy again. Now, iI also don't have the rain sound (like others complained here and at Discord), which I had before losing my game installation while forcing it to reinstall, but that's acceptable.

unknown.png

Cheers! :cheers:

Hi. Sorry to have not answered your first request for help. Too many posts to read I guess. I have the same problem with my Valve-headset for the last 2 weeks or so.

I have found a different solution for the same problem: I did close Steam-VR-app whenever I did get that error. So Steam-VR has to start fresh each time. This is a much faster solution then to start a 2D-race and closer it immediately.

Now I will give your way a try and see if it fix that problem for good. Thank you for the post.

Yes I noticed that. :lol: Sort of became obsessed with your racing history. It's very interesting and rich in content. Something we Europeans had very little contact to. But atcc in the 80s with Brock, Moffat, Dick Johnson, Richards,.., their trips to Europe, and then later Skaife,.. and up to modern day v8s. Brilliant stories, a big chunk of racing history, that totally past by us non Aussie racing fans. I can't stop watching old races and documentaries from that period, as they are all available on YouTube. I've also put together quite a few full race grids from that time period for AC. A race with a full 1986 or 1989 atcc grid around Bathurst, Adelaide, Hidden Valley, Sandown, Winton, ... a top of the line racing experience. Really loving it.

You should try to find a way watch the new documentary on Peter Brock, called 'Brock: Over The Top'. It gives a great insight into the old days of the ATCC - and shows how truly remarkable some of Brock's most iconic drives really were.

You should try to find a way watch the new documentary on Peter Brock, called 'Brock: Over The Top'. It gives a great insight into the old days of the ATCC - and shows how truly remarkable some of Brock's most iconic drives really were.
Thanks for the tip. Found it. Watching. :cheers:

Le Mans 1989 is a great track, but there's something slightly wrong with it :

DD3sDwr.png

zURZgov.png

You can't see ****. Seriously. What's going on ? Happens to both mod and Kunos cars alike (and only on that track - the 67, 86, 91 versions are fine).

Bumping this. Any tips ? Someone willing to correct this ? Has to be related to the track - shame cause it's one of my favourite.

This one's piqued my interest :), since my son has done a lot of pacific asian stuff for me for a fictional phillipines track I've been working on. I'll talk with you more about Bangsaen soon hopefully to get more details. Thanks TRCB.
All good, I searched for DEM/GIS info, the best is 30m SRTB which is nearly as bad as google earth, ill ask my mate to drive a kml of it, and since majority is building enclosed anyhow I think between the kml and what rtb will spit out of google api probably will be ample, no need to consider banking etc as they are streets. If you get to it, involve me and I can get some local photos every few meters, scratch up my old video from when i was travelling there on scooter etc.

EDIT: OK, RTB 100% will not be the answer here, will definately need a driven kml slowy with 100hz capture of height, quick test says its WAY off. the road is steady these "humps" represented in rtb/google data are way off.
upload_2020-9-7_18-39-54.png

some drone footage of "monkey mountain" and lower Bangsaen part of the track, of course, had i known THEN id like to make a track, video would have been WAY different ;)

Last edited:
No worries mate, I kinda figured what you meant anyways. Wanneroo is a decent track.

I lived 5 minutes drive away from Amaroo Park and back in the 1990's it was great to be so close. I did a few track days there too but it was pretty devastating when they announced it would close to become housing..

I know I had a Amaroo Park on a simulator but cannot recall which one it was. Don't think it was AC.. I'd still have it if it was. Strange that no one has built a half decent version of it. Gee I wish I knew how to mod as I'd love to make so much stuff especially the Aussie Group C cars. I know they are being made now by someone but the greater majority of what those guys are making isn't proving to be any good sadly..

The latest version of Bathurst (ported from ACC) is absolutely fantastic and I have literally stopped driving at all other tracks but to have a late 70's to mid 80's version would be nuts to drive an A9X or VK Group A around.
Can only hope and dream that someone makes it. I couldn't imagine it would ultimately be that difficult to do? The basic layout of the track is pretty much identical except the chase but that could be cut out. Some barriers could be removed and the old style pits put in place of the pit garages.

Can you just imagine going flat out down conrod for that little bit longer!? It would be amazing.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back