Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Hi has anyone ever experienced something like this and found the solution? The wing shows ok in CM but not visible in-game.
This is RX7 FD Series 7 v1.0 by Dan Gaina. I forgot where I got this Mazda. Most likely here at GTP

Does the car have any LODs? If it does, I'd check the lods.ini file and see what's going on there first.

nek minnit

Confused-GIF.gif

Tripoli

Conversion from RF track - Author Unknown.

DOWNLOAD

TEXTURES DOWNLOAD (for the skinners)

- 8 cars and pits
- new invisible road mesh (original was very bad)
- Horizon texture of houses from original track. (hope thats how they were intended.. )
- Minimal GrassFX and no RainFX, because.. desert?
VIDEO:

To be fixed by others?:
- some trees cast a block shadow and others dont, same shaders, same settings? Beyond me..
- Needs decent AI and some cameras.

Note: The Lollipop Man is IN the pit box to save space, limited area available for pitlane.
View attachment 960545

Note: Roadmesh fixes overly bumpy original that had 10-15 degree facets that destroyed suspension after 1 lap.., but still got "bumpiness" because its delicate tradeoff between having a smooth surface and moving the smooth mesh too far from the old one making cars appear to float, so they do touch in a few places. adds sme random authenticity I like to believe ;)
View attachment 960550

tumblr_mc18dfjChT1r0ftodo1_400.gif

1st we look for the circuit / section to which we want to add the rain_fx 2nd we take the kn5 and open it with 3dsimed

huh?? unless I´m missing something, you just need to add an extension folder with ext_config.ini file inside the track´s folder, or create a .ini file with the track´s name (as it appears on the kn5) in assettocorsa>>extension>config>tracks>loaded folder.

All of this assuming there´s no config file already; if there is just add the rainFX lines to it.

@RobertFlagg see here for more detail: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-RainFX

huh?? unless I´m missing something, you just need to add an extension folder with ext_config.ini file inside the track´s folder, or create a .ini file with the track´s name (as it appears on the kn5) in assettocorsa>>extension>config>tracks>loaded folder.

All of this assuming there´s no config file already; if there is just add the rainFX lines to it.

@RobertFlagg see here for more detail: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-RainFX

I think the 3DSimEd step is just to open it up and explore the track, get names of materials and get the values for their attributes and stuff. I just use Objects Inspector app in AC/CSP myself, but used to use 3DSimEd before I knew about the Objects Inspector.

Oh I see, I started playing AC only about a year ago or so, so I don´t know if the inspector was always there or its a CSP feature. Still think it's worth mentioning if someone doesn´t want to pay for 3dsimEd once their trial runs out.

So, I ended up doing something incredibly cursed today. Apparently in Project CARS 3. the Ferrari F355 Challenge was put into the Group A touring car class. Obviously that's wrong but it sparked some curiosity in me. I booted up a Group A race in Assetto Corsa with the Kunos cars, the Aussie Group A and a couple others. Wouldn't you know, it BoP's in almost perfectly and I'm keeping it in this grid permanently now. Doesn't even look out of place, which is the strangest part.

Screenshot_mitsubishi_starion_race_gra_t78_hockenheimring_26-9-120-0-49-36.jpg

So, I ended up doing something incredibly cursed today. Apparently in Project CARS 3. the Ferrari F355 Challenge was put into the Group A touring car class. Obviously that's wrong but it sparked some curiosity in me. I booted up a Group A race in Assetto Corsa with the Kunos cars, the Aussie Group A and a couple others. Wouldn't you know, it BoP's in almost perfectly and I'm keeping it in this grid permanently now. Doesn't even look out of place, which is the strangest part.

View attachment 960629
Blasphemy :lol:

Anyone else feeling bad about using mods that use content from other games? I really enjoy a lot of them, but they were made without permissions from original creators + those amazing GT mods (like the Esprit ones), no idea how they even obtained models from a PS4 game... Isn't discussing those against forum's rules? After all, even emulation is considered piracy here. I don't know what to do, Assetto with only scratch made mods (ones that really deserve the most respect to be honest as it takes a long time and a ton of skill to model a car from scratch) seems dull, with mostly race cars and race tracks (I enjoy those, but I also enjoy other kinds of racing like touge) . I considered taking approach of owning the games the models come from. I have GT Sport (but no console, it was my brothers and he has moved out recently, and I can't afford a PS4 now, especially just for a single game + I'm a single player guy and GT Sport AI is not very good), the current gen Forza games etc. while it doesn't change the status of these mods, I think it's a bit better morally. Of course I make exceptions if the game cannot be obtained anymore as a new copy. I don't know, maybe I read some posts by people very opposed to those mods, maybe it's just my Christian scrupulosity kicking in, but I still feel a bit bad about it. What do you guys think? What is your approach?

Anyone else feeling bad about using mods that use content from other games? I really enjoy a lot of them, but they were made without permissions from original creators + those amazing GT mods (like the Esprit ones), no idea how they even obtained models from a PS4 game... Isn't discussing those against forum's rules? After all, even emulation is considered piracy here. I don't know what to do, Assetto with only scratch made mods (ones that really deserve the most respect to be honest as it takes a long time and a ton of skill to model a car from scratch) seems dull, with mostly race cars and race tracks (I enjoy those, but I also enjoy other kinds of racing like touge) . I considered taking approach of owning the games the models come from. I have GT Sport (but no console, it was my brothers and he has moved out recently, and I can't afford a PS4 now, especially just for a single game + I'm a single player guy and GT Sport AI is not very good), the current gen Forza games etc. while it doesn't change the status of these mods, I think it's a bit better morally. Of course I make exceptions if the game cannot be obtained anymore as a new copy. I don't know, maybe I read some posts by people very opposed to those mods, maybe it's just my Christian scrupulosity kicking in, but I still feel a bit bad about it. What do you guys think? What is your approach?
It's simple: don't use them if you aren't comfortable doing so.
Better to lead a guilt-free life and sleep like a baby than drive a pretend car on a pretend track and worry yourself into an early grave.

Well, if Christians* can so easily overlook Donald Trump's adultery, theft, total moral and ethical vacuity, perpetual lying, bullying, narcissism, idolatory (in the form of worshipping money and power), etc, etc, then I very much doubt you will be eternally damned for using some mods from other games, especially if you've already bought them in their pre-Assetto Corsa form. ;)

Otherwise, Masscot's advice in the previous post is as sound as you can get.

(* EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying ALL Christians. )

Last edited:
It's simple: don't use them if you aren't comfortable doing so.
Better to lead a guilt-free life and sleep like a baby than drive a pretend car on a pretend track and worry yourself into an early grave.

That's a good answer, still not sure where to draw the line though. Who is hurt by my install of GTR2 (a nearly 15 year old game) that has tons of mods I collected over the years, many of which use models from games not much newer? (mostly Shift and Shift 2). I think it's mostly GT converts that make me lose some sleep at night :lol: I need to think it through a bit more. Wish I could enjoy stuff like you guys do.

Well, if Christians can so easily overlook Donald Trump's adultery, theft, total moral and ethical vacuity, bullying, narcissism, idolatory (in the form of worshipping money and power), etc, etc, then I very much doubt you will be eternally damned for using some mods from other games, especially if you've already bought them in their pre-Assetto Corsa form. ;)

(EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying ALL Christians...)

Unfortunately, I must agree. There are many Christians out there that support things that are not good at all. Not all, but I've seen many unfortunately. Of course this is AC thread, let's not turn this into something completely different. ;)

Last edited:

I don't think Jesus cares.......

It is what it is. No one forces you to use them, but they exist if you are happy to not worry about them cropping up on judgment day...

I do still get a bit perplexed by people who rip stuff then go all "please ask for authors permission before altering anything etc"
Sort of hypocritical....

Oh and apparently Jesus hates people who don't use paragraphs....

i can make your nightmare even worse mate...

there are people who rip models from other games , pretend they made them from scratch for AC and then SELL them as their mods...
or worse steal mods made by other users for free and then SELL them...

and in SELL i mean sell for money...

[Off Topic]

I would beg to differ, but to labour the point would lose me friends quicker than you could say 'Jack Robinson'.

Well... I would still argue that "do unto others as you'd like them to do unto you" is a pretty reasonable premise - and that means that whether you're an atheist, agnostic, or religious, you have to leave room for others to believe things you may not agree with, so long as they don't force it upon others who don't believe the same.

Also, whatever you believe in, it's hard not to believe that if everyone just spent a little more time and effort being kind and caring to others, the world would be a much happier place for all of us.

Now. Back to sim racing. :embarrassed:

Is there a way to make the exhaust put out more and darker smoke??

Ive played the mafia definitive edition race and now i want more smoke on my 1930s race cars...

I have been testing @GzeroD 's Bentley 4 1/2 on the Tripoli, damn thing is nearly out of fuel before the end of one lap.. you guys know if that is right for cars of this era to suck so much dinosaur juice?

Many thanks to xezez and KJRacing81 and P1ButtPlug for your help with headlight intensity. It helped me a lot, now I still have the problem that the exposure only extends to half of the windshield. Can I correct the area upwards?

high.PNG

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back