Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Guys, help please. Im trying to correct the porsche 993 gt2's gearbox and i don't know how to stretch the final drive, in the photo they look different but im trying to correct the one in the data so i don't half to come back for it and the ai can use the new gearbox as well. So what do number do i need to set it to because for some reason the top speed right now is 141mph, but i want to set to some where close to 178.

Thank you.
View attachment 960475

One of the most easy things. In a few words....
1 - Low values = More acceleration - Less top speed.
2 - Higher values = Less acceleration - More top speed.

But this have some more to think about.

1 - Good for tracks with small straights
2 - The opposite

If we want more top speed, we adjust the last gear (lets imagine a 5 speed gear box) with a lower value. Ex:
Gear_5= 1.285, we change this value to, (as an example) 1.100 (could be 1.150, or 1.020). This requires some test, obviously.

Easy reminder = We low the numbers to get more top speed; We raise the numbers to get more acceleration

But... I love this word. But depending how we change the last gear to achieve more top speed, many times, we have to adjust aswell the 4th
and sometimes - when the change is more radical - all the gears.
Or we end up with a huge RPM drop, from 4th to 5th making it a slower recovering 5th gear.

Another note, it is not enough changing the gear ratios to achive some top speed, it depends of the size of the track straights and the power/torque of the car too.

I think is mostly to privately share unallowed contents

Obviously Blamer. My comment is not about the secretism and the privacing, it was about the warning making nonsense, because we have alerts for it.

Hey everyone, I have been messing around with the ever loved Paul Ricard. A track that I have really come to enjoy having raced/hotlapped on it recently in ACC. Almost forgot that AC had a version and retexture, both of which are pictured/linked below. Tried a go at retexturing the track myself to better match what I saw in ACC. It's not great per se (reddish tint to road, cones where there isn't in ACC, blurry side track textures) but it is more visually appealing to my eyes.

View attachment 960492
ORIGINAL by Strarck3D
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/paul-ricard.6115/

View attachment 960495
2020 Retexture by jjfarmer2301
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rd-2020-retexture-content-manager-skin.31013/

View attachment 960493
ACC by Kunos

View attachment 960494
ACC to AC Retexture by tiwixblue
Nah looks to be the same to me honestly, good job. 👍

One of the most easy things. In a few words....
1 - Low values = More acceleration - Less top speed.
2 - Higher values = Less acceleration - More top speed.

But this have some more to think about.

1 - Good for tracks with small straights
2 - The opposite

If we want more top speed, we adjust the last gear (lets imagine a 5 speed gear box) with a lower value. Ex:
Gear_5= 1.285, we change this value to, (as an example) 1.100 (could be 1.150, or 1.020). This requires some test, obviously.

Easy reminder = We low the numbers to get more top speed; We raise the numbers to get more acceleration

But... I love this word. But depending how we change the last gear to achieve more top speed, many times, we have to adjust aswell the 4th
and sometimes - when the change is more radical - all the gears.
Or we end up with a huge RPM drop, from 4th to 5th making it a slower recovering 5th gear.

Another note, it is not enough changing the gear ratios to achive some top speed, it depends of the size of the track straights and the power/torque of the car too.

Obviously Blamer. My comment is not about the secretism and the privacing, it was about the warning making nonsense, because we have alerts for it.

Please take the time to get REAL gear ratios

A recent WiP was not accelerating or hitting speed it should, even that the gears were "generic Porsche". After getting the right gears that came with the car (street derived race 924/944 hybred)... and after alot of division with calc.exe and notepad, magically it started to feel and perform proper.
This was of course with a point-to-point dyno matching engine to the real car.

Dont "just guess", please

Last edited:
Assetto corsa with all those graphics mods is better than any other sim racing in the market ...
The Only thing that I hate about it is the trees textures...
Why note try to release some track skins that replaces the original trees with better ones...
Like GranTurismo Sport trees-They Are 2d trees but much more textured...

Screenshot (111).png
GTSport trees!!!!

Screenshot (113).png
Assetto Corsa Ugly trees!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope some good modders fix this :):)

Last edited:
Assetto corsa with all those graphics mods is better than any other sim racing in the market ...
Why note try to release some track skins that replaces the original trees with better ones...

View attachment 960500GTSport trees!!!!

View attachment 960504Assetto Corsa Ugly trees!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asking this every two hours won't make it happen mate

The awesome thing about Assetto Corsa is how open it is. You can change pretty much everything. If you want really nice trees and no one else has put together trees to your satisfaction, it's within your power to give it a try. Good luck with your efforts!

Replacing every tree in Kunos tracks alone is a pretty big task, even though track skinning is quite simple stuff (if I can learn it, anyone can). Maybe you can start working on this thing yourself if it bothers you? The great thing in Our Racing Simulator is that if you don't like something, you can probably fix it.

I'm still happy with the Kunos' trees, even if they maybe look best from some distance and moving 300km/h.

Maybe some day CSP will have a feature called "TreesFX"? :D

View attachment 960500

its possible to fix em up, not sure what value it adds though. these are 2048 trees from curvelo, which in game dont look nearly as fantastic as when you look into the dds directly, they are ~1024 per tree, if the texture is doubled in resolution to 4096 maybe we can draw in leaf veins but, to what goal, its a racing game, we are meant to be driving past them at 200km/h and generally they are 20-50m away from us or further, whereas in a first person shooter you may need to stand directly up the tree and see bugs on the bark?

Give it a try with CM/Blender/KSEditor, extract track, replace DDS with one of your liking, UV map them and build in KSEditor. (they will have to be remapped) then, remembering the math is 4X texture memory for each doubling in detail, 2048x2048 = 4,194,304 whereas "doubling resolution" to 4096x4096 = 16,777,216, at 8192x8192 we can draw ladybirds sucking sap from the veins on the leaves, and pretty soon you run out of texture memory, and game is crawling at 5fps while the CPU tries to help GPU cache textures in ram, then we need multiple tree LODS to stop that happening, -but- then we need CPU to help manage the lods etc etc..

For arcade games where there is a whole lot less going on under the hood the CPU-GPU handover and a series of tree LODS can look awesome, but i think for games with sim value the focus of CPU cycles is in the sim calculations, not for swapping out LODS on trees we will never see the detail on at 200km/h anyhow (unless the focus is to not drive and do game photos i guess?)

upload_2020-9-26_5-54-42.png

upload_2020-9-26_5-55-27.png

upload_2020-9-26_5-55-53.png

those self same trees in game
upload_2020-9-26_6-29-54.png

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the exhaust put out more and darker smoke??

Ive played the mafia definitive edition race and now i want more smoke on my 1930s race cars...

Hello @TheRealCeeBee Just a quick question on the track. Do we get the proper RED highlighted My pit stall when going to the pit area?

I am trying to work out how thin i can make the pit lane without screwing up the race, at a car width you have to remmeber to drive on the far left of the track or the cars slows down with pit lane limiter, very annoying. im trying half a car width so you would have to remember to drive damn close to the pits to trigger pit entry. I remeber now that this is how monaco 67 does it, and ya, annoying.. go for an overtake in the straight, nek minnit, pitting..

upload_2020-9-26_6-52-8.png

upload_2020-9-26_6-55-18.png

Last edited:

Shouldn't you be watching the apex ?? :)

Ah, that's a damn shame but thanks for asking.

Their team has been broken up since COVID, I talked to them about making a Patreon, but their entire team would require $8-10k USD a month to pump content out full time, so about 3 scratch-made tracks a month. Before COVID, they were able to make a living just by making tracks for track owners in China.

@Mike173, further to recent discussions about the drivetrain I took your M2 above and split it into two versions, one a 7-speed paddleshift and one a 6-speed manual (with manual shifting animation and tweaked timing). All the physics and data changes remain as yours.
I updated the UI on each, fixed the collider issue on both of them and renamed the folders for easier identification, also removing any capital letters so that distance driven is now saved.
Neither of these should overwrite your car but we now have the option to drive the manual and the paddleshift version.
Have to say, you did a great job with the performance tweaks, I'm loving the way it drives in both forms.
(note, the manual version still has the paddles and the tiptronic gearstick, I didn't edit the model. The manual shifting animation is a very good fit).
There shouldn't be any issues, the folder names, kn5s, LoDs and sound banks have all been changed appropriately.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zby5vltqicqyp1p/bmw_m2_pack.7z/file

Guys, quick question this time. Since I reinstalled AC, the tooltips when you're doing the car's setup have disappeared. Any chance to get them back? I tried looking everywhere but to no avail!

Tripoli

Conversion from GPL through RF track - Author Sergio Loro &friends

DOWNLOAD
TEXTURES DOWNLOAD (for the skinners)

- 8 cars and pits
- new invisible road mesh (original was very bad)
- Horizon texture of houses from original track. (hope thats how they were intended.. )
- Minimal GrassFX and no RainFX, because.. desert?
VIDEO:

To be fixed by others?:
- some trees cast a block shadow and others dont, same shaders, same settings? Beyond me..
- Needs decent AI and some cameras.

Note: The Lollipop Man is IN the pit box to save space, limited area available for pitlane.
upload_2020-9-26_9-4-0.png

Note: Roadmesh fixes overly bumpy original that had 10-15 degree facets that destroyed suspension after 1 lap.., but still got "bumpiness" because its delicate tradeoff between having a smooth surface and moving the smooth mesh too far from the old one making cars appear to float, so they do touch in a few places. adds sme random authenticity I like to believe ;)
upload_2020-9-26_9-5-17.png

Last edited:
Hi noroardanto,

open data/collider.ini, you will find that:

[COLLIDER_0]
CENTRE=0 ,-0.26 ,0.05
SIZE=1.70,0.10 ,3.5
GROUND_ENABLE=1

just replace -0.26 with 0.1
that will make the job

It seems this values fit better?
[COLLIDER_0]
CENTRE=0.0 ,0.15 ,-0.4
SIZE=1.75,0.10 ,4.0
GROUND_ENABLE=1

Tripoli

Conversion from RF track - Author Unknown.

DOWNLOAD

TEXTURES DOWNLOAD (for the skinners)

- 8 cars and pits
- new invisible road mesh (original was very bad)
- Needs decent AI and cameras.
- Horizon texture of houses from original track. (hope thats how they were intended.. )

VIDEO:

To be fixed is why some trees cast a block shadow and others dont, same shaders, same settings? Beyond me..

Lollipop Man is IN the pit box to save space, limited area available for pitlane.
View attachment 960545

RoadMesh fixes overly bumpy original, but still got "bumpiness" enough to be gritty (i think)
View attachment 960550

Thanks @TheRealCeeBee for the download. Yes, to do these kind of Retro tracks right for the pits since the actual track and pits are as one, you would have to split a small section by the pit stalls and paste it back in and name it PITS. That is the way some other retro tracks were done in AC

Added: Looked at the track tonight, you are doing what I mentioned above

Last edited:
I am trying to work out how thin i can make the pit lane without screwing up the race, at a car width you have to remmeber to drive on the far left of the track or the cars slows down with pit lane limiter, very annoying. im trying half a car width so you would have to remember to drive damn close to the pits to trigger pit entry. I remeber now that this is how monaco 67 does it, and ya, annoying.. go for an overtake in the straight, nek minnit, pitting..

View attachment 960520
View attachment 960521

Easy way to do what you are doing is make the pit area a different color shade. And as for the staying on just the track going by the pits with the AI, make the Right side line border so it only allows just the track part, that way the AI will never slow down and will only be on the track section going by the pits. Could put down a white line to show the split between track and pits. Just some ideas for ya.

What you are doing here, you could also do on the Tripoli track. I think it has the track and pits as one.

Last edited:
Easy way to do what you are doing is make the pit area a different color shade. And as for the staying on just the track going by the pits with the AI, make the Right side line border so it allows just the track part, that way the AI will never slow down and will only be on the track section going by the pits.

What you are doing here, you could also do on the Tripoli track. I think it has the track and pits as one.
that is the tripoli track, its in place already in the previous download. Needs a decent AI line though and some cameras.

Hi has anyone ever experienced something like this and found the solution? The wing shows ok in CM but not visible in-game.
This is RX7 FD Series 7 v1.0 by Dan Gaina. I forgot where I got this Mazda. Most likely here at GTP

Attachments

• 20200926072432_1.jpg
    20200926072432_1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 41
  • rx 7.jpg
    rx 7.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 39
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back