Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
@SgtKanyo
If you use Reshade (same as SweetFX), you can run 64bit.

I have a simple install if you need it

Sorry I meant to say ReShade. I'm using ReShade and it doesn't seem to work in 64 bit for me. But still having CSP enabled, removes the classic "photo mode" app makes the whole game blurry plus forces light settings that changes the light intensity. For example I set up my braking lights based on the vanilla game, since you have to adjust mods to the vanilla game, not to a mod.
For example let's imagine you have your own private rain CSP with features that can enable car light refraction, that makes your car look like a real car with your settings. But other people won't have your settings, so the car you've just made based on your settings will look like a dog turd in vanilla game.

Sorry I meant to say ReShade. I'm using ReShade and it doesn't seem to work in 64 bit for me. But still having CSP enabled, removes the classic "photo mode" app makes the whole game blurry plus forces light settings that changes the light intensity. For example I set up my braking lights based on the vanilla game, since you have to adjust mods to the vanilla game, not to a mod.
For example let's imagine you have your own private rain CSP with features that can enable car light refraction, that makes your car look like a real car with your settings. But other people won't have your settings, so the car you've just made based on your settings will look like a dog turd in vanilla game.
Because in 2020 no one still uses vanilla game so everything is adapted for csp and the many new features. How does csp make the game blurry? You can also get better graphics results with csp and a good ppfilter than with reshade and without losing as many frames

Last edited:
Maybe Open VR is better for Virtual Desktop, but the OCULUS Quest works better in OCULUS mode (and I mean A LOT better), at least on my PC.

And I agree, I'm sorry to tell you your gpu isn't enough for a decent VR experience. Whenever you can, upgrade to a better card (with a type-c port)
Are you using the Quest wired or wireless with the Oculus Mode?
Maybe that's why the Oculus mode works better for you, if you are using the wired mode.
I think:
Wired = Oculus Mode
Wireless = Open VR + Virtual Desktop

I will try both of them and different settings and will tell you guys my experience :D

you need the 64bit dlls. (JSGME style attached)
*use your own .ini or edit mine to change the global shader directory (I have a standalone folder for the shaders, that way I only need 1 install of shaders for multi-use Reshade)

Attachments

• Other - ReShade.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Because in 2020 no one still uses vanilla game so everything is adapted for csp and the many new features. How does csp make the game blurry? You can also get better graphics results with csp and a good ppfilter than with reshade and without losing as many frames

Here you go, which one represents the real car and in fact real life better in your opinion:

Left one or Right one? Taken at 14:00 on a sunny day.

Real car:
IMG_6751-large.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys!
I have a problem with Assetto Corsa. I have CSP and Sol installed (weather fx active), but when I select rain in game, I can't see the rain and the spray generated by it in 3rd person view (tv cam), but in the 1st person view, the rain is visible. Can you help me? Thank you.
ONBOARD.PNG

RAIN PROBLEM.PNG

CSP.PNG

OPCIONES.PNG

WEATHER FX.PNG

SOL WEATHER APP.PNG

Hi guys!
I have a problem with Assetto Corsa. I have CSP and Sol installed (weather fx active), but when I select rain in game, I can't see the rain and the spray generated by it in 3rd person view (tv cam), but in the 1st person view, the rain is visible. Can you help me? Thank you.
View attachment 966406
View attachment 966407
View attachment 966402
View attachment 966403
View attachment 966404
View attachment 966405

That will be coming in next update to CSP for RainFX it's in beta format on Ilja patreon

Last edited:
@Loro
Hi guys!
View attachment 966406
View attachment 966407
View attachment 966402
View attachment 966403
View attachment 966404
View attachment 966405

CSP with RainFX is not yet out, except for the patrons of Ilja. In order to have access to the early build, you need to support him on Patreon ;)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have never posted on this forum but I hope you can help me in my search. I would like to know if anyone has ever seen a download link for the ferrari sf90 stradale? Thank you in advance

you ask it as first post...

@Masscot I think you know what to do:lol:

If any of you do not wish to help a new member, then ignore them. This whole feeling of "they have to have contributed before we'll help them" is a shocking way to behave, and is way worse than a new member asking a simple question.

This is not your forum just for your friends or cliques.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I figured it out.
So not only do you need CSP for the GT63S, but also the Porsche pack, because... stuff... It's only natural that a Mercedes-AMG needs a Porsche.
Let alone the fact that if you have 32 bit enabled, it'll crash wether you have Porsche pack or not.
This is exactly the problem modders create. They have their own config and they make it dependent on it.
If some person who's new to modding would try to install these mods, they wouldn't have a chance to make it work, which would result in: "oh all mods sucks, so I won't use them".

Oh my goodness I figured it out.
So not only do you need CSP for the GT63S, but also the Porsche pack, because... stuff... It's only natural that a Mercedes-AMG needs a Porsche.
Let alone the fact that if you have 32 bit enabled, it'll crash wether you have Porsche pack or not.
This is exactly the problem modders create. They have their own config and they make it dependent on it.
If some person who's new to modding would try to install these mods, they wouldn't have a chance to make it work, which would result in: "oh all mods sucks, so I won't use them".
That was going to be my first guess but the mods collider seemed to match the car quite well and its a bit of a chore to do do a binary check against all the Kunos DLC colliders, so I went for the badly optimised textures instead.

n.b. It is only the collider.kn5 that is used to checksum any DLC content, just editing the existing collider a bit so the checksum changed would have seen you right as well.

I loaded up Miami Bayside tonight and wished there were lights. Apparently I missed the config. Would a kind soul share the shaders discord invite link with me? The previous link expired.

Here you go!

edit: oh @OooAhh Cantona here's the invite link for you too. https://discord.gg/DWSbj8
Does anyone have a grassfx for Miami Bayside? I searched for it in the Shaders discord but have not found it.

I have a lot of catching up to do in that discord. :crazy:

That was going to be my first guess but the mods collider seemed to match the car quite well and its a bit of a chore to do do a binary check against all the Kunos DLC colliders, so I went for the badly optimised textures instead.

n.b. It is only the collider.kn5 that is used to checksum any DLC content, just editing the existing collider a bit so the checksum changed would have seen you right as well.

Unfortunately it wasn't the collider.kn5, it was the model itself.

Since drifting is very popular IRL and in Sim... what about "roll racing" ?

I just ripped a few 1.5km straight tracks from a mobile game "rivalgears" w/scenery, could become popular online?

Last edited:
shi
I tried changing the texture and the problem went away! However, it looks bad ... give it a try. Below is the final setting.

Thank you Shi. Really appreciate you going beyond to get this sorted. I will implement this. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Two questions for the super modders:

1) Is there a way to write a script that would create random RainFX that could use the Debug and Linked feature in WeatherFXDebug that would dynamically implement RainFX? That way, The race could start in dry or wet and change the Rain levels, which will in turn change the wetness and water settings. It will create random variability.

2) Then an ability to link the above (1) to SOL dynamic Lau. If SOL weather = light rain, RainFX rain = 5%. If SOL weather = Thunderstorm, RAINFX Rain = 100%.

Tbh I think my game looks better than both those pictures so you probably only need to tweak some features, that doesn't really look good imo.
You also wrote about a "problem with modders" of course modders will use the latest features if possible, it's you refusing to use them, why should everyone making content not try to make it more up to date as possible? Plus, mods are in fact mods, they are not needed so you can just avoid using them if you don't want csp and sol for some reason.
Btw the mod shown is pretty bad and isn't even mapped so I sugest to try with a better one and also, paints are made by people, if they look realistic or not depends more on the way they were made, csp helped a lot with paint configs but how a paint looks is really up to the people who made it in game.

When you say your game looks better you mean more like the picture of the real car?

This paint was made by me as all of the cars I'm working on and I match it with the real car's looks. Left one is without CSP, you can see how the satin paintjob reflects the light the same way as the real car and even has that white shine on the body. The right picture is with CSP, you can see the picture is not as crisp as the left one, since it's lacking the sharpening and also the colors are odd. Having redish tint on the ground as if the sun was about to set or rise. The satin paintjob also became fully matte, not reflecting anything. Same goes for the carbon fibre parts which don't shine. The led lights now glow more because of the added bloom effect that CSP has. I'm sure you can make eyecandy pictures with a good CSP config and several million other mods, which would take about half a year to set up right, but yet it'll still not look as realistic as Gran Turismo, so why bother. Imo the one on the left while doesn't look photoreal, it's very close to the real thing.
The car I'm using is not perfect, but it's the only AMG GT R. I wouldn't say it's bad though. What's bad is that if you make your mod dependent on another mod, which might be dependent on another mod and the story goes on and on, while you end up with a game that was released 30 GBs and is now 150 GBs. It's just overcomplicated for what reason? The reason is lazyness, when you can't be bothered to adjust your car to the vanilla base game.
You take 1 car mod that is optimized for mod A, then the next day you have a different car mod from another modder that is optimized for mod B. There's your problem, now you cannot use both of those mods, because they are all dependent on something else and they won't look as good as they can be. There no other reason not to optimise your mods to vanilla game other than being lazy.

Last edited:

I just ripped a few 1.5km straight tracks from a mobile game "rivalgears" w/scenery, could become popular online?

I looked at a couple youtube videos on what Roll Racing is.and did not know about this type of Drag Racing. I went to Drag Races long ago and watched the Funny Cars and Dragsters. Thanks for the info @RMi_wood I have only tried the Drag Racing part of AC a couple times.

Hi mate!
Couldn't find a spanish traslation for roll racing, but... you know what I'd really like to see? A long route-like road, without demanding curves (not twisted, like LA Canyons), to enjoy a Grand Tourer type of car. A landscape experience.
The autobahn map is the closest we have to what I mean.
Not a request, just thinking out loud.

Hi mate!
Couldn't find a spanish traslation for roll racing, but... you know what I'd really like to see? A long route-like road, without demanding curves (not twisted, like LA Canyons), to enjoy a Grand Tourer type of car. A landscape experience.
The autobahn map is the closest we have to what I mean.
Not a request, just thinking out loud.
These tracks are point-to-point and average avg 3km long, some are straight, some are gently curved.

Basicaly like racing on the street, from a rolling start... except todays people are going 60-80kph before "go". Back in my day with musclecars a rolling start was about 15kph
https://www.google.com/search?q=roll-racing
https://www.google.com/search?q=roll-racing on the street

These tracks are kind of cool, shame to waste and could be very popular with the drift kids too. I think I can hack a track so a pit will limit cars speed until they hit the "go" line. I can have normal starts for race, but better is trackday mode pickup races. There are two, 4 lane tracks as well.

Last edited:

I use Reshade for my games (with a dll compatible DX9 or >Dx10 , a preset for Dx9 and a preset for >Dx10). Whitout losing frames,

You should not be greedy ("gourmand"?) in the number of filters alone.

yes please from me, I only have one version, but its bad, like really bad, and I dont mean the track build itself (which is also bad) but the track does not even match the actual track when reviewed from sattelite/GIS imagery/mesh. would need to be laid out again. Which two versions do you have and is one of them accurate at least (from a layout perspective), the one I have looks like a rf1/ams port perhaps, the wierd single plane trees etc.

I haven't compared either one with google maps but both that I have are very similar in track layout. in an attempt to mess with it I overlaid the good track mesh over the bad one and they ALMOST but not completely line up. But the differences are very small, mostly small elevation differences. How different was the one you tried to the google map? Is there a chance the google imagery is distorted?

I have this Author-information: "Conversão by Fernando Valentim"

Ok, and Fernando Valentim is associated with ERL, so this must be the ERL version. Thanks!

Edit: this turns out not to be correct, the ERL one is a different one that I haven't reviewed yet!

Last edited:

If any of you do not wish to help a new member, then ignore them. This whole feeling of "they have to have contributed before we'll help them" is a shocking way to behave, and is way worse than a new member asking a simple question.

This is not your forum just for your friends or cliques.

I don't know why my name is here, in the first place.

I never, never!!! Said or asked for contributions in firts posts from new members!
What I have always said or asked from new members, was a first post polite, at least with a 'hi' or 'hello'!
That was what I only asked for. :grumpy:

Stop posting comments naming me please. I never did it about noone. I demand the same.

thank you.

Optimise your mods for vanilla AC? What for? Lazy? Why? I don't get your point, csp adds so many features I don't see why a modder should make worse mods when he can make better ones.
Also who said you need a million mods? You only need csp and setting it up takes five minutes top, I really don't understand what the issue is but you do you, just don't think anyone should do stuff for the base game when it's clearly obsolete just because you don't want to install "millions" of mods

No what I mean is the car mods should be optimized for the vanilla AC. If it looks good in vanilla AC, it can look even better with graphic mods. But let's say you have 2 graphic mods (2 configuration of CSP), and you make your car mod look good on one, it will not neccessarily look good on the other configuration, or in fact in vanilla AC. So while yes you can ofcourse add features like GPS and whatever CSP offers, but if the whole package doesn't work with just a vanilla AC or with other configurations, it doesn't really work good as a mod. Modding is about making your game look like how you want it to look, making a car mod dependent on CSP for example, will not enable you to have that car and not having CSP. Is that better explained?

CSP is just not enough, like you said you still need to set it up, which is a complete mess. You have such computer graphic definitions there that most people do not understand. And if you really want to make your AC look good, you first need CSP, then you need SOL, then you need a different version of SOL that enables time changing and weather changing, and then you have the ppfilters and let's not forget about the track light settings, or in fact it matters which version of the track you're choosing, since some don't support this and that feature and all of these mods have an insane amount of versions of it. It's just overcomplicated. I'm sure you can make your AC look good, but I cannot and will not spend hours on a game, just to set it up, or watch through 55000 YT tutorial videos which all start like: *super high pitched voice* "HEEEEEY MY BITCHES, don't forget to like and subscribe" and other nonsense like that.

Anyway I don't want to attack CSP, since it's an amazing mod that brings lights and nighttime to AC, but the one I do want to emphasize is don't make a mod dependent on anything else, unless it's an improvement of that other mod. So car mods should not be dependent on CSP.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back