Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,712 comments
HDR in CM. What am I missing, does nto seem to do anything. In ACC when i set HDR on its a very significant difference, things that were jsut dark before now have depth, and the is no under/over exposure in a light and dark area, but, in AC when i enable in CM, it looks pretty much the same?
(the monitors detect HDR mode and switch accordingly but outside of that visual cue the result looks the same as non HDR.

Alright here it is took me long enough
BMW M3 GTR Street version by Patrick M edited by assettoland and reworked by Dragster666

Rework Changelog:
-Power fixed its now actually at 345 bhp its 346 in game i know!
-RPMS are now at 8000 unlike originally 9000 which would be unrealistic.
-Fixed F6 cameras
-New driver position along with new animations.
-Fixed fuel gauge now it works
-Turn signals reverse lights....
-Rain ready with wiper animations.
-Ambient Occlusion everywhere!
-Half A..., lod optimization the car will still be probably heavy. Need help on this.
-Data packed into data.acd the car should now be stable in MP.
Did not touch the physics because i have no clue how the car feels like nor is there a onboard video of the street car.
Enjoy! Next up gonna rework the 996 GT2 from scratch.
As always Patrick M if this rework hurts your mod or you please PM so i can remove it.
View attachment 967489

Lol if I knew you were THIS close to release I wouldn't have released mine.
But anyway nice work man! I think it's crazy that no one has done this before because this is such an iconic car

I did this video for the Bathurst release, and Suzuka definitely deserves it as well. The levels of realism the AC is reaching lately is out of this world. Thanks again to @Jimlloyd, the whole Reboot team, Kunos, Ilya, Peter Bose, Chivas for amazing 2013 GT500 cars and the whole GTP community for makin AC the best piece of sofware ever created (IMO of course):

@ales100i
I recently made a short 'salute to the mod community' video using this car and track combination.

I noticed as soon as I drove this car that it appeared to exhibit some unusual handling characteristics when driven with a wheel, which hindered me from completing my video.

When I encountered your video I noticed that the vehicle was also displaying some similar characteristic flaws, so I began investigating the data used for this vehicle.

I noticed that the car had an incorrect #Steering Ratio of 180/360 Degrees and a SR of around 11:1 with non linear delivery, while this may feel great on a controller it does not translate well to a wheel.

I therefore made a few changes to the cars data.acd by inputting the vehicles real data from the manufactures specifications which has improved the driving experience considerably and allowed me to complete my video.

I am therefore wondering if you would mind taking the car out again and comparing the changes made using the real data.

I have made similar changes to the the other vehicles but this package is only for the "chivas_13gtrgt500_definitive" series.

Edit:
I have updated each vechicle with the correct data from the manufactures specifications. If you are still using an older version, please delete and re-download the latest update.

Chivas Data:
All Cars - 180/360/11:1 (1:l2l)

FileMissing Data:
Honda - 620 Degress (1.72:l2l) 15:1
Nissan - 640 Degreees (1.78:l2l) 15:1
Lexus - 640 Degreees (1.78:l2l) 15:1

Telemetry Images Provided Below.

Attachments

• Old.PNG
    Old.PNG
    934 bytes · Views: 10
  • New.PNG
    New.PNG
    925 bytes · Views: 11
  • FileMissing_GT500_RealData.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
umb

my little test drive of Assetto Crosa Honda NSX-R 1992. Sorry it s in italian, I ll do my best to have other reviews in english language.

Awesome video, you look like me when i get a new quality mod :D
You could make new videos with english subtitles, anyways cause I´m spanish I managed to undersand your italian:lol:

Last edited:
Guys, i'd love to help because i know how much time and caution and meticulous effort it takes to prepare working wipers from the scratch. And it shouldn't be necessary to redo that at all when it's once done working with at least both csp1.65 & 1.67 (they have differently programmed "rain on windscreen" shaders [yup, shaders are programs :)] ).
If it looks like your software or just workflow is not compatible with each other, maybe I can try, or just make an add-on "patch" for your wipers, which you will add in extension folder and it's loaded on top of original kn5. (see my post regarding wipers addon for ferrari california mod)
It's not that i dont believe in you, also you don't have to credit me anywhere (nor i want that - my user name here was just for making fun of some GTP welcoming rituals lol :d), whats more funny i'm not even particularly interested in that car (not my taste) but if it's only a single wiper(?) why the hell to rework it over and over again?). If the issue is really only in the wipers i think we can solve it fast. Heads up!
Cheers!

We can share info each other to make better animation and more compatible with different csp revision. I would only do a test maybe 1.67 (software) is not detecting correctly different meshes material as you can see (but you have just seen) different mesh material rubber are moving raindrops from a side to another side without transfer them correctly till finished part of animation. (Sorry about my english but it's not my main language). I would create a single mesh with a single material and single rubber object to facilitate detecting surface by CSP. This can be demonstrated also by kseditor it during FBX objects importing create another sub object for each mesh with different materials so it could be better create a single rubber object assigning to whole "rubber mesh" rubber material.
I think it would be better understand what is needed to make it works in general with anykind of CSP revision. Creating patch could be ok for a CSP release and not for another one. We need to make it "correctly created for AC world" to avoid csp ext_config.ini patch. Than if it's needed we need to do but that's another story.

If it's not a trouble for you and @JakubP could you please add on his discord?

P.S.
Till now I've only tested with .0167 so I could not understand what's were not working with wipers.
Cheers
Tony

EDIT:
TESTED now it needs a single mesh for rubber parts I think now it's ok
I've modified wipers rubber meshes so now it's a single object/material and I think that CSP can correctly detect collision between rubber parts and windscreen objects/shaders.

Finally whole raindrops are shifted on the right in a convenient and uniform way.

0.167 prev1
wipers_raindrop.png

0.165 prev1
Screenshot_acrm_honda_civic_eg6_spoon_bikernieki_27-9-120-11-18-35.jpg

0.166 prev2
Screenshot_acrm_honda_civic_eg6_spoon_bikernieki_27-9-120-11-23-56.jpg

Windshield is clean.
I like so much 0.165prev1 detection

Last edited:
Hi I´m a beginner in modding and I got some problems with a car I´m working on.
The car is a version of the Lotus Elise from kunos so it might not be that difficult:embarrassed:.
The first one is that I´m doing a new power-torque curve and i cant get the torque values to be right, I´ve used the AC torque helper (https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/) but only manage to make a torque curve paralel to the power. How can I make the torque an independent curve?
My other problem is with the sound, is there any sound generator to make a new one?:confused:
Thanks for reading and if you want to get the car when its finished DM me:cheers:

Last edited:
Whew, my mellaha lake map wasn't completely wrong then. Just a bit straighter before the tower

Even by the standards of more recent tracks in other countries where a greater degree of accuracy can be expected, I don't think AerialF1 is super reliable sorry. Longford GP outline, for example, completely misses the chicane under the old rail bridge, misses the town itself and follows some new bypass road that didn't exist at all in the 60s.

The website does list Tasmania as a separate country to Australia though which has some validity even if other sources pretend otherwise.

Awesome video, you look like me when i get a new quality mod :D
You could make new videos with english subtitles, anyways cause I´m spanish I managed to undersand your italian:lol:
Thx mate! I ll my best to have english sub titles. Next reviw ll be Lanzo from RSS:-)

Hi I´m a beginner in modding and I got some problems with a car I´m working on.
The car is a version of the Lotus Elise from kunos so it might not be that difficult:embarrassed:.
The first one is that I´m doing a new power-torque curve and i cant get the torque values to be right, I´ve used the AC torque helper (https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/) but only manage to make a torque curve paralel to the power. How can I make the torque an independent curve?
My other problem is with the sound, is there any sound generator to make a new one?:confused:
Thanks for reading and if you want to get the car when its finished DM me:cheers:
in that torque helper, you add the torque value for RPM

example:
4500|198 <--- 198nm @ 4500 rpm

the torque figure used in power.lut MUST take into account drivetrain loss, which AC automatically takes is 13% or .87

example your cars REAL engine dyno.. lets say reads 100nm@2000, 200@4000 and 230@5000

power.lut
2000|87 ; 100x0.87
4000|174
5000|200

I dont use that tool, i do use the one in CM and hand edit all my dyno curves
remember that Turbo will affect your curve.

Lets say you only know 2 figures, max hp and max torque (this is very common).

Manufacturer states 300hp@6500 and 400nm@3500 (Manufactures always state CRANKSHAFT power)

power.lut
3500|348 ; 400x0.87
(extrapolate the missing numbers)
6500| *adjust this value until the curve in tool or CM reads 300hp with 13% loss. This number will be LOWER than your max torque (in fact no other torque values can be higher than max torque RPM number)
note: ALL VALUES IN POWER.LUT are TORQUE VALUES at the REAR WHEELS with LOSS CALCULATED. If you have direct RWHP dyno graphs, use those values directly.

Last edited:
I didn't have the time to make pbr yet, I only changed shaders on the car, today I'm gonna make pbr, put on it a new AO (it's a bit too "light") and possibly other csp features, sorry for the delay.
Immagine_2020-10-27_102459.png
Immagine_2020-10-27_102851.png
Wow, looks great!
Can't wait to see the PBR and other CSP enhancements, they really make cockpits come alive in VR. Makes a world of difference.

Alright here it is took me long enough
BMW M3 GTR Street version by Patrick M edited by assettoland and reworked by Dragster666
-New driver position along with new animations.
Thanks for the updates. Things that seemed immediately obvious are the hand/wheel synch is off (as in the wheel rotates at a different rate to the hands) and unfortunately the hands don't grip the wheel very well when turning. All probably fixable quite easily by tweaking driver position in CM showroom.
Also, the gearstick animation is a little weird, the whole assembly (including the gator) rocks backwards and forwards and the gator detaches itself from the transmission tunnel in the process. Might be better if just the gearstick moved on its own?

in that torque helper, you add the torque value for RPM

example:
4500|198 <--- 198nm @ 4500 rpm

the torque figure used in power.lut MUST take into account drivetrain loss, which AC automatically takes is 13% or .87

example your cars REAL engine dyno.. lets say reads 100nm@2000, 200@4000 and 230@5000

power.lut
2000|87 ; 100x0.87
4000|174
5000|200

I dont use that tool, i do use the one in CM and hand edit all my dyno curves
remember that Turbo will affect your curve.

Lets say you only know 2 figures, max hp and max torque (this is very common).

Manufacturer states 300hp@6500 and 400nm@3500 (Manufactures always state CRANKSHAFT power)

power.lut
3500|348 ; 400x0.87
(extrapolate the missing numbers)
6500| *adjust this value until the curve in tool or CM reads 300hp with 13% loss. This number will be LOWER than your max torque (in fact no other torque values can be higher than max torque RPM number)
note: ALL VALUES IN POWER.LUT are TORQUE VALUES at the REAR WHEELS with LOSS CALCULATED. If you have direct RWHP dyno graphs, use those values directly.
Thanks so much, two questions about your answer:
- where is the CM tool?
- with this method the power is going to be always higher than the torque? I mean I´ve seen graphs in which at high rpms the torque goes down and the hp keeps going high. How can I achieve that?
Btw the car i´m trying to make is the Lotus Elise 1.8 16v which has 120hp@5500 and 165nm@3000 and thanks to your explanation this is what i got:
0|60
500|65
1000|70
1500|80
2000|100
2500|120
3000|143.55
3500|140
4000|135
4500|133
5000|134
5500|135
6000|120

Thanks for the updates. Things that seemed immediately obvious are the hand/wheel synch is off (as in the wheel rotates at a different rate to the hands) and unfortunately the hands don't grip the wheel very well when turning. All probably fixable quite easily by tweaking driver position in CM showroom.
Also, the gearstick animation is a little weird, the whole assembly (including the gator) rocks backwards and forwards and the gator detaches itself from the transmission tunnel in the process. Might be better if just the gearstick moved on its own?
Couldn't get the steering wheel to respond at the same speed as the steering animation not sure if the steering wheel could be slown down a bit? For the gear stick i didn't want it to be static sadly i couldn't really animate it that well since the original game it came from forza 4? does not support proper shifting movement like in PC2 or in the GT series.

I have a problem with the control + c input to make the AI drive the car. Sometimes I start a hot lape or a race only to take screenshots and not necessarily drive the car. But in most of the cases it just accelerate the car and don't engage the first gear so the car don't move but the revs are at maximun.

Happens with Kunos cars too. Is this a known bug or does it have a solution?

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "TonySSS, post: 13266494, member: 302093"] Dove lo scarichi? [/ QUOTE]

Non ci sono aggiornamenti.
Ho controllato personalmente e sul sito principale
l'ultima versione è 0.8.2149.36611

[QUOTE = "TonySSS, post: 13266494, member: 302093"] Dove lo scarichi? [/ QUOTE]

Non ci sono aggiornamenti.
Ho controllato personalmente e sul sito principale
l'ultima versione è 0.8.2149.36611

Please Use the international language (english) in this forum not Italian ....

Last edited:
Thanks so much, two questions about your answer:
- where is the CM tool?
- with this method the power is going to be always higher than the torque?
I mean I´ve seen graphs in which at high rpms the torque goes down and the hp keeps going high. How can I achieve that?
upload_2020-10-27_13-41-15.png

Torque and RPM always cross at 5252 rpm for ftLB and 7200rpm for NM
HP is a function of RPM

I have attached a power.lut for a 1991 F1 you can look at

Attachments

• power.lut.txt
    342 bytes · Views: 15
Sorry for a request if it were possible.
I would need it, if someone has the darkest grass color, it goes into the folder ... \ assettocorsa \ extension \ textures \ grass_fx.
I checked in the search but I can't find it anymore; I remember that someone had posted it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back