Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
Did you run the sol uninstaller.bat before changing versions (the one included in the folder of any recent versions of SOL)? I always use it before changing, and it solves similar problems usually.

Never changed nor updated anything ! It just... Disappeared.
Anyway. Thanks for the SOL links guys - off to verify my files again. Lack of grass on some track is linked to the highland grass and of course that Kunos track doesn't have grass anymore (how ? why ? another mystery!), just that green, neon-ish flat hell.

Never changed nor updated anything ! It just... Disappeared.
Anyway. Thanks for the SOL links guys - off to verify my files again. Lack of grass on some track is linked to the highland grass and of course that Kunos track doesn't have grass anymore (how ? why ? another mystery!), just that green, neon-ish flat hell.
That's ******. We've all been there, don't envy you in the slightest.

Fall Guy thanks again 👍
Copied your cfg lines into nords ini, worked perfect. Default skin looked more vibrant but maybe I was seeing things.
Of course when ran, CM auto updated the nords ini that had your lines - gotta turn off those auto updates, which is fine because I always going to cm's track configs to see whats new then update.
edit: odd banding in the sky, didn't see it on track :D

tily.png

Last edited:
Well my tracks are still broken. What the **** is going on with AC ?

Highlands 7 months ago :

EPScmx_WAAMq6q_

Lush, dark green grass.

Highlands now :

tlZ9zWO.jpg

No grass anymore. What the **** is going on ? Should I delete all the Kunos tracks affected and re-do another steam verification ?

Well my tracks are still broken. What the **** is going on with AC ?

Highlands 7 months ago :

EPScmx_WAAMq6q_

Lush, dark green grass.

Highlands now :

tlZ9zWO.jpg

No grass anymore. What the **** is going on ? Should I delete all the Kunos tracks affected and re-do another steam verification ?

Have you tried just reinstalling the config files?

https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...ig/blob/master/config/tracks/ks_highlands.ini
https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...ter/config/tracks/ks_highlands__buildings.kn5

Last edited:
Those experiencing weird lighting... I have noticed since a few days too. I think it is the date.

Try changing the date to April-September. Seems the winter sun is messing with the lighting.
Also I have noticed very odd behavior depending if there is a "lighting.ini" or not for the track.
If I add lighting.ini from Kunos Imola to Imola 2001, everything changes and the sun is NOT where it should be. (SOL 1.7)

Last edited:
Hi guys. I was fiddling with mods, and after uninstalling and reinstalling the "GT86 Visual mod" (that fixes wheel sizes on the original Kunos model) the original model got somehow deleted. Can anyone upload the original .kn5 somewhere please?

Nobody has Gran Canaria ROC? They put in a video with the Rallycross Xsara on that track, but no luck finding the track

Somebody has to have that on his HDD.... Please!!

Ever since SCP/Sol, I've been bothered by this little issue: by dusk and dawn the sky is always brighter in mirrors than in "reality". It seems like the sun sets half hour later and rises half hour earlier in the car's mirrors. This seems to be common issue, but is there any way to fix it? Other than turning of Sol?

Never heard anyone mentioning this. Am I the only one?

Re-installed the Kunos tracks... And they still look like ****. World Detail on Very High, GrassFX enabled. I don't ****ing get it.

ylrgmxr.jpg

I'm lost for words here.

Last edited:
Re-installed the Kunos tracks... And they still look like ****. World Detail on Very High, GrassFX enabled. I don't ****ing get it.

ylrgmxr.jpg

I'm lost for words here.

have a look and see if you have configs in your Assetto Corsa folder in your Documents folder, could be a similar problem that i had. will be in the cfg folder

Last edited:

I'm lost for words here.
Did you try a "specific date" in summer? Can´t test it now, cause my rotten GPU, but maybe you have "seasonal adjustments" on?

Re-upload. Please try these files if you want to have the skins as well. But, it is not the latest config available since later ones have been overwritten from the original creators so this is only the one I edited back in July originally. If you want to have the latest one, download it via CM and paste my lines then into this one. The latest config also has the Audi gantry lighten up at Döttinger Höhe which looks really cool IMO.
https://we.tl/t-MoS3cwY2ht
Reg. cameras - have a look into the attached file. Remove the txt and rename it to ini. Works for endurance layout and Nordschleife tourist.

A better approach would be to use only your newly added code in the extension\ext_config.ini and leave the automatic updated ks_nordschleife.ini untouched. This way you don´t loose your code or the new stuff, every time config files from github are updated. So you get the best from both configs ... ;)

Always the same date - August 27th. And yes seasonal adjustments is off. Highlands and a couple of others just look like a rFactor port for some reason.

Edit : anything related (grassfx for other tracks) to 'TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds' just doesn't work. Just what.
So far Mugello and Chang (mod) don't have any grass whilst Vallelunga, Brands, Monza have some. ****s going on.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back