Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,979 comments
Hi guys how can I fix this... I don't know what they are but I see them on some track (not all)
Screenshot (70).png

Hmm....1.4a is probably the final test version and got named 1.41 when published. I’ll compare them later today to check.
In the meanwhile you could use Pascalwb’s version on RD.

And since it’s one of your favorites: Reboot Team is working on a ACC version that is better and should be available “soon” :)

Well then i'll just sit back and wait and use Pascal's version until then. Thanks for the info.

iam trying to set up a AC server and stracker..But i Cant get the stracker to work properly. The server is up and running. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for settin stracker up? All suggestions are more than welcome :)

Does TrackIR 5 work with AC? Does it need a plugin?

I bought a G2 headset as its a big jump forward in resolution from the Vive, but, didnt like it, can still see pixels and still have to sacrifice
graphics

Good info! I have been eyeballing the G2 for a while now, and needed feedback on its use for racing. Currently use a 65" Samsung curve, and am quite happy, but the VR siren song is calling me...

Something that's close is the Russell Alexis formula car. It's available with modern and vintage tires. Check it on RD. It's very good, and I think it uses a Ford engine.

Yes I have that particle Mod what he was on about was Formula ford 1600 post 89 version which was never release by that modder

Sorry for the random modding questions, but here goes:

- when looking at lights in the mirror (with CSP), the 1960s Kunos cars have a lovely glow effect at night, so much that you can't tell what the car is, and a 'flickering' light during the day
- many mod cars don't have this effect; in fact, some of them have no headlights in mirrors even though they do have headlights on (and showing in free cam or when I'm frequently pointing the wrong way)

What is it that defines these lights effects please? Is it something ini related or is it an intrinsic part of the 3D model or materials?

Last edited:
Great track. IRL, too (I've driven it).
It is a gorgeous circuit, just around the corner from where I live, love to drive round it, although you can never really go past 80 kph even when nobody is trundling along in front of you, last time I was there I even saw a speed camera being set up...

Finalizing the McLaren F1 road car from 1995.

It´s being a hard car to setup on game. As in real life, it has too much power, "old" tyres, no driving aids, a strong 6.0 liter with instantaneous gas response and relative soft springs (1,47/1,80 Hz front/rear).

I´ve implemented all the real data I could find about engine, gear ratios, aero, suspension rates,...

The result, as you can see, is very close to the real car. But I ensure you it´s very hard to drive fast if you don´t try on the acelerator with surgeon´s precision.

Releasing soon...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Would SimEd3D be a tool I use? I've seen a few videos of people doing said work manually, however I have heard that Sim3DEd is a useful tool for automatic conversions..

SimEd3D is tool use import model files from different games into different tyres of file formats to suit different games. Sim3DEd isn't automatic conversion tool into AC there is sill a manual process to getting a file from Sim3Ed into AC. With Cars you have to export what ever car you modding into blender or 3dsmax in FBX file format and correct setting the Scale to 1 and make sure all dummies are line with the model set out in Car-pipeline then import in to KS editor to get KN5 file.

SimEd3D is tool use import model files from different games into different tyres of file formats to suit different games. Sim3DEd isn't automatic conversion tool into AC there is sill a manual process to getting a file from Sim3Ed into AC. With Cars you have to export what ever car you modding into blender or 3dsmax in FBX file format and correct setting the Scale to 1 and make sure all dummies are line with the model set out in Car-pipeline then import in to KS editor to get KN5 file.

Ah that makes sense. That being said, for more complicated tracks (I've been working with Alsace Village for a few days now from gamemodding.ru) or cars, the manual process is still very much a lot of work and much more difficult than just throwing it into the software and having it do the work for you, correct?

Last edited:
my PC says there is a trojan in the file, so beware if you happen to have no AV on for some reason...
Fixed it. Please try again.

I noticed that there are quite a few tracks of which there exists a version by rainmaker and then an equally named reboot team version. Are there differences between those versions, or are they "rebadged" or something?
Technically the Reboot stuff is more advanced, especially for the CSP. There was no CSP at the time I´ve made my tracks. That´s also why some are blending bright. If you turn CSP off + use my neutral pp filter https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4b6m8c8xaaznce/Neutral_PP-Filter_v1.3_by_Rainmaker.rar/file then you will have the original colors.

Last edited:
is there a quick way in CSP via ext_config to fix the bushes and trees at la-canyons to accept shadow? they look a bit silly lit up in the shadow parts of the track, nearly like they are emmisive?

upload_2021-1-12_6-47-20.png

Ah that makes sense. That being said, for more complicated tracks (I've been working with Alsace Village for a few days now from gamemodding.ru) or cars, the manual process is still very much a lot of work and much more difficult than just throwing it into the software and having it do the work for you, correct?

Yes you are going down the right lines personally if you got a FBX file from the start of what ever model you are working on you can cut out Sim3Ed all together a go straight for what 3d modelling software you use personally I use Blender has it's easier to use and free opensource software.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back