Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,215 comments
GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!
there are just problems with the grass on the kerbs :
- turn 3 to the right
- turn 4 to the right
- turn 13 to the right
maybe bugs with my csp 1.72 public version ?
for example

View attachment 991746

View attachment 991747

Sorry for the issues, please open up the ext_config.ini once more and delete the value "1KERB" at the meshes for grassfx, then it should be fine.

The issue with the UBS advert and the grass will persist though, since otherwise if you would remove the entry the surrounding hills would become without grassfx, so better leave it.

The issue with the grid spots is not replicable at my end, so sorry that I can´t help here. As slider already stated, the track itself and the convertion is a mess.

Last edited:
heh, i should go take photos.

maybe you should...

hl.PNG

...can you go back to the 90s though?

Does anyone know how to change the crew suit and helmet model (not the suits and helmet colours) for a vintage car? I want no helmet and retro overalls for the crew of my 63 Le Mans Jaguars, but the crew resolutely wear modern suits with side panels and full face Star Wars style helmets. any help gratefully received.

Last edited:
For new users, or those not aware of this Windows 10 compression feature...

LZX compression
is quite amazing on Windows 10, especially if a mod has a lot of Kn5 and DDS files. With an HDD and fast CPU, this does reduce loading times, though it's marginal. Either with SSD or HDD, the files are smaller, so they read faster. The most significant benefit however, is saving disk space. For example, having 1.2GB or so of mods on a 500GB drive! I've been using this for over a year, and it's very reliable and efficient.

Content Manager has this compression feature in the Content > Tools menu to compress your cars and tracks folders. You can also use CompactGUI[2] to compress specific folders (select them by clicking on the blue bar) as well as the extensions folders and others that may contain additional Kn5 and DDS files. In both cases, they only compress new files, so you can compress occasionally as you add new mods.

View attachment 991142

View attachment 991143
Yep I run this every week and it keeps the install size to around a quarter of the uncompressed size, with only a very slight change to the time it takes to enter a race, well worth it.

Does anyone know how to change the crew suit and helmet model (not the suits and helmet colours) for a vintage car? I want no helmet and retro overalls for the crew of my 63 Le Mans Jaguars, but the crew resolutely wear modern suits with side panels and full face Star Wars style helmets. any help gratefully received.
In your data folder, in driver3d.ini you an change your car driver, in the beginning change
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_70 -----------------> change this to the driver you want, driver_60, driver_80 etc.
POSITION=-0.0,0.0,0.0
For the crew i don't think you can change their look besides changing textures.

Yep I run this every week and it keeps the install size to around a quarter of the uncompressed size, with only a very slight change to the time it takes to enter a race, well worth it.

it’s brilliant but one cautionary note: if you copy compressed files to another drive Windows decompresses them, requiring the space on the receiving drive to exceed the uncompressed size. This can be a problem - I had to move cars and tracks to another drive in small chunks and recompress them before moving the next to get my 3000 cars and 500 tracks across.

In your data folder, in driver3d.ini you an change your car driver, in the beginning change
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_70 -----------------> change this to the driver you want, driver_60, driver_80 etc.
POSITION=-0.0,0.0,0.0
For the crew i don't think you can change their look besides changing textures.

thanks. I’m familiar with changing the driver model. There has to be a .kn5 for the crew somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
textures found here \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\crew_suit etc

using skin.ini found in each skin folder.

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\black_black
HELMET=\grey
BRAND=\rss

.kn5 found here \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\objects3D

Last edited:
textures found here \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\crew_suit etc

using skin.ini found in each skin folder.

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\black_black
HELMET=\grey
BRAND=\rss

.kn5 found here \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\objects3D

But unfortunately you aren't able to change their look, they always come with those glasses and helmets like they came from Star Wars. It would be cool if you could make them like they came from the 60's

Here are the skins, driver3d.ini etc for the Briggs Cunningham lightweight E-Type (by Velo). Pictures in my post above. Driver, suits, gloves and helmets all included. Unzip all these into your assettocorsa folder. It's safe to overwrite everything - it just means you already have that driver, suits, etc.

Let me know of any problems. The skins are not perfect especially at the rear end, but the way the skin maps onto the body makes getting the whole roundel on tricky. I have tried to copy the fonts, black trim surrounding the headlights and so on. UI.json shows correct drivers for each car.

EDIT: APOLOGIES the .dds format problem has struck again. My photoshop defaults to BC7 and I didn't notice. Here are three correctly formatted skins to be placed in respective folders and renamed skin.dds

EDIT 2: now the corrected skins are packed in a new zip.

Attachments

• Jaguar driver.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Jaguar suits.zip
    7 MB · Views: 44
  • 3 Corrected Jaguar Skins.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
But unfortunately you aren't able to change their look, they always come with those glasses and helmets like they came from Star Wars. It would be cool if you could make them like they came from the 60's

It's possible to change the model, but it will appy to all cars:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-pitbabe-v1-0.21140/
The thing is, could we create a ".ini" on each car to use different crew models? Of course, someone would have to come up with a 3d model first.

Last edited:
Found a regular Volkswagen Bora (not the tuned one from Assettoland):

View attachment 991762

Updated the car with these features:
-V10 tires
-Catalogue colors
-Interior textures rework
-Interior lights (due to linked materials not much can be made)
-Mirrors texture
-Exhaust smoke (smoke only, not fire)
-Deformable hood & trunk
-Rim colors slightly fixed
-White reflective wipers fixed

http://www.mediafire.com/file/km1aohywb2o59wd/vw_bora.rar/file
Spent a few minutes fiddling with this one as I have a bit of a nostalgic soft spot for the Bora (my first brand new car 20-odd years ago) so here are some half-assed updates to add to yours. I know it's not a great (or even good) mod by many metrics but it's a little better than it was.
Thanks for your original tweaks @gergerger and to @norms for separating some materials. And thanks of course to the original modder... whomever you might be.
This will install as a new car if you want to compare and contrast.

Edit: updated 17.02.2021

v1.3 Feb 2021
- Differential, steer assist and ff_mult settings adjusted to improve cornering, power delivery, feedback and ride quality.
- Kunos leather & textured plastic presets applied to several cockpit materials. Note, texture mapping is right royally borked on the doner car so expect some hyperspace warping and 8-bit scaling in places. Don't look too hard. I wonder why the original modder remained anonymous..?
- Rear light cluster lenses lightened.

new v1.3 link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oh7z8ny191ukd01/vw_bora_v6.7z/file

v1.2 Feb 2021
- Driver repositioned for better wheel grip, driver suits added
- Shifting timing and preload adjusted
- Instrument dials changed from diesel to petrol (see tachometer rev range) and various artifacts removed
- High-level brake light added, front & rear lights adjusted
- Config added for glossier paint to all ten (!) separate bodywork materials
- Steering wheel badge and exhaust materials separated (Norms!) & adjusted
- Various internal/external shader values adjusted
- Door panel bump strip material changed, now body-coloured to match paint (Norms!)
- FFMULT and STEER_ASSIST adjusted in data/car.ini for better steering feel/feedback (original values were 1.45 & 0 if you want to revert)
- UI updated (FWD, V6 etc)
Many issues remain. Feel free to edit/improve. Needs working wipers.

borav6.PNG

Last edited:
Reg. the recently posted Malaysia track (Sepang), here is a reworked grass FX config, which eleminates some of the minor faults I created. Sorry, every track is a learning process still for me.

Please copy the file into your extension folder, remove the .txt and you´re fine.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 41
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 Race car V2.0 Rework

Screenshot_lambo_diablo_gt2_ks_red_bull_ring_16-1-121-16-16-8.jpg

V2.0 Rework changelog:
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed a lot of bugs
-Fixed some model issues
-UI and performance fixes
-Added digital gauges
-Added turn signals
-Repositioned driver
-Added a full 1-6 shifting animation including N and R
-Added a template (This is my first time doing it so it might be not good)
-Rain ready wipers/windows ect....
-Added Refracting headlights
-Small physics tweaks
-Added lods
-Fixed Collider
-Added experimental Diablo V12 sounds via FMOD if you don't like
it you can replace it with the replace sound function in CM.

-Small hotfix 2/17/2021
Resized driver by masscot
Fixed AI.

-Another hotfix 2/18/2021
Fixed AI Ride height.

Credits: Dragster666 original converter and who did this rework.Gladbecker82 for the Pirelli skin.
Polyphony Digital for the 3D model
And feel free to update it if you want.
Replaced the darker images with brighter ones

Screenshot_lambo_diablo_gt2_ks_red_bull_ring_16-1-121-16-10-46.jpg

Screenshot_lambo_diablo_gt2_ks_red_bull_ring_16-1-121-16-10-56.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 991977
V2.0 Rework changelog:
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed a lot of bugs
-Fixed some model issues
-Added digital gauges
-Added turn signals
-Repositioned driver
-Small physics tweaks
-Added lods
-Fixed Collider

Credits: Dragster666 original converter and who did this rework.Gladbecker82 for the Pirelli skin.
View attachment 991978
View attachment 991979

upload_2021-2-16_15-29-43.png

look pretty

GrassFX + some goodies config for Sepang, put these lines into the ext_config.ini:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MESHES = ?GRASS?, 0SKID, 1KERB, GRXS_FIELDA,
GRASS_MATERIALS=?GRASS?, GRASS_BRIGHT, ?RGED_?NEWCURBS?B,
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS=
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS =
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD=-0.1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD=-1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE=-1 ; 09002255
MASK_BLUR=1
SHAPE_SIZE=3.0, 1.25
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0.5
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
TRIM_PERIOD=THURSDAY
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0=1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1=2, 1
PIECE_2=1, 2, 2, 1 ; texture taking 21 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE=0.01

; configuration A for shorter near grass
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE=3.0, 1.25
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0.5
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
TRIM_PERIOD=THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE=0.00125
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -0.5
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 5.5
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES= ?GRASS?, ?1GRASS?, 0SKID, 1KERB, GRXS_FIELDA,
MATERIALS= ?GRASS?, ?GRX?, RGED_NEWCURBSB,
MAP=A

[BOUNCED_LIGHT]
SUPPORTED = 1
INTENSITY = 1
SURFACE_MATERIALS = ?grass?, grass, ?curb?, ?kerb?, ?skid?

[SOL]
HORIZON_OFFSET=3.0
DOME_SIZE=17000
SUN_DAWN=1
SUN_DUSK=1
FOG_LEVEL=0.9
FOG_BLEND=1.1
FOG_DISTANCE=1.25
SMOG_MORNING=0.15
SMOG_NOON=0.2
SMOG_EVENING=0.3

[LIGHTING]
SPECULAR_MULT = 1
LIT_MULT = 1

[WIND]
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

[DISTANT_GLOW]
THRESHOLD = 25
SHARED_THRESHOLD = 25

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE = common/materials_track.ini

View attachment 991738

I will work on a billboard update right now. Maybe my friend @slider666 can also have a look onto the config files for making it a little bit more realistic (de-toning the green, it is too bright atm).

Edit: I can´t open the skins textures with CM, something is broken here. So expect no billboard update.

Thanks for all the work but I have some remarks, the astroturf looks like grass some curbs too and the start-finish line looks like grass, and there is some grass on the grid start positions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-15-51.jpg
    Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-15-51.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-16-35.jpg
    Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-16-35.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-17-3.jpg
    Screenshot_asr_2020_one_malaysia_16-1-121-16-17-3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

View attachment 992026
V2.0 Rework changelog:
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed a lot of bugs
-Fixed some model issues
-Added digital gauges
-Added turn signals
-Repositioned driver
-Small physics tweaks
-Added lods
-Fixed Collider

Replaced the darker images with brighter ones

View attachment 992014
View attachment 992015

:drool: :drool:

Thanks for all the work but I have some remarks, the astroturf looks like grass some curbs too and the start-finish line looks like grass, and there is some grass on the grid start positions.

Download the ext_config.ini as posted above and the issues with the kerbs are gone. Reg. the grid spots, I don´t have these issues, maybe update your CSP?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back