Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
I think what @mals10 is getting at is that your pics are a bit dark and don't really show off the car. I used to make this kinda mistake when taking pics of skins but you're better off showcasing your mod in a better light so people can actually see it.
Yours were also taken through the wrong end of a telescope...
;)

Added new pictures for the Diablo GT2
Nice, you're stuff is improving all of the time.
Can I suggest that you don't shrink the driver down so much to get him to fit the steering wheel, but use a more appropriate full-size driver instead? It looks like you're inside a young boy in VR and nobody wants a visit from Operation Yewtree.
I just swapped the attached full-size driver in and he's a pretty good fit (after a lot of repositioning - he starts off in the passenger seat). He grips the wheel properly and his feet actually reach the pedals. He's no longer floating off the seat either.
Remove the .txt from the file and drop it in the animation folder, see what you think.
He could be shrunk a tiny bit if you want but it's not really necessary. The only thing that needs doing is the seat moving back a bit as he clips through it at the moment. The shifting animation still works although it's still a little janky.
Nice work on the animated shifter, by the way. 👍

Attachments

• steer.ksanim.txt
    235.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Added a full 1-6 shifting animation including N and R

Thank you for this, this is a feature I always enjoyed in PCars2 as a VR only driver.
To be able to see the shifting pattern and the shifter engaging where it should, dog leg in this case is a treat.
I would volunteer to do it in more cars, if I could find out if it is within the grasp of my abilities.

Thank you @Masscot for the adult driver.

Is there racing skins available for that car?

Last edited:
Can I suggest that you don't shrink the driver down so much to get him to fit the steering wheel, but use a more appropriate full-size driver instead? It looks like you're inside a young boy in VR and nobody wants a visit from Operation Yewtree.
I just swapped the attached full-size driver in and he's a pretty good fit (after a lot of repositioning - he starts off in the passenger seat). He grips the wheel properly and his feet actually reach the pedals. He's no longer floating off the seat either.
Remove the .txt from the file and drop it in the animation folder, see what you think.
He could be shrunk a tiny bit if you want but it's not really necessary. The only thing that needs doing is the seat moving back a bit as he clips through it at the moment. The shifting animation still works although it's still a little janky.
My bad looks like i forgot to resize the driver while doing the animation in 3DS MAX and thanks.
Thank you for this, this is a feature I always enjoyed in PCars2 as a VR only driver.
To be able to see the shifting pattern and the shifter engaging where it should, dog leg in this case is a treat.
I would volunteer to do it in more cars, if I could find out if it is within the grasp of my abilities.

Thank you @Masscot for the adult driver.

Is there racing skins available for that car?
I actually got this idea while watching a Motorweek testing of the F50 and i remembered that Automodeljapan's Diablo GT has this so i decided to put this into my own car.

t
Yours were also taken through the wrong end of a telescope...
;)

They sure were lol. But all good now and even though i got the arse at first your comments made total sense and now when i look back i cringe.

MAKE GOOD PICS FOR YOUR PREVIEWS PEOPLE - after all if you're happy with your mod then show it off in the best light.

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 Race car V2.0 Rework

View attachment 992026
V2.0 Rework changelog:
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed a lot of bugs
-Fixed some model issues
-UI and performance fixes
-Added digital gauges
-Added turn signals
-Repositioned driver
-Added a full 1-6 shifting animation including N and R
-Added a template (This is my first time doing it so it might be not good)
-Rain ready wipers/windows ect....
-Added Refracting headlights
-Small physics tweaks
-Added lods
-Fixed Collider
-Added experimental Diablo V12 sounds via FMOD if you don't like
it you can replace it with the replace sound function in CM.

Credits: Dragster666 original converter and who did this rework.Gladbecker82 for the Pirelli skin.
Polyphony Digital for the 3D model
And feel free to update it if you want.
Replaced the darker images with brighter ones

View attachment 992014
View attachment 992015

I don't know why but I have a gray screen on game and it's impossible to show the car. and the game crash too ...

Sorry for the issues, please open up the ext_config.ini once more and delete the value "1KERB" at the meshes for grassfx, then it should be fine.

The issue with the UBS advert and the grass will persist though, since otherwise if you would remove the entry the surrounding hills would become without grassfx, so better leave it.

The issue with the grid spots is not replicable at my end, so sorry that I can´t help here. As slider already stated, the track itself and the convertion is a mess.
no problem it's already a very good job because this rF2 conversion is from 2014 I believe, your work is already a great improvement for us

Some new skins for the new year.

eiqzCrL.jpg

@Zin5ki I've been toying around with your IMSA GTO cars as of late. Do you happen to have the paint templates for those? Most specifically the RX-7 and Cougar (but wouldn't mind having them all). Didn't see them in the download file on your site but have been having a ton of fun modding them a bit for BoP and adding some more intense IMSA sounds ;)

@Zin5ki I've been toying around with your IMSA GTO cars as of late. Do you happen to have the paint templates for those? Most specifically the RX-7 and Cougar (but wouldn't mind having them all). Didn't see them in the download file on your site but have been having a ton of fun modding them a bit for BoP and adding some more intense IMSA sounds ;)

are all these cars equally powerful or have you done a balance of performance?

I'm having a brain freeze. How do I remove the .txt from this steer.anim file?

I'm having a brain freeze. How do I remove the .txt from this steer.anim file?
download the file, and right click on it, rename and remove the .txt (highlight with mouse and press delete) then save it. When it asks if you are sure just say yes.

Last edited:
Spent a few minutes fiddling with this one as I have a bit of a nostalgic soft spot for the Bora (my first brand new car 20-odd years ago) so here are some half-assed updates to add to yours. I know it's not a great (or even good) mod by many metrics but it's a little better than it was.
Thanks for your original tweaks @gergerger and to @norms for separating some materials. And thanks of course to the original modder... whomever you might be.
This will install as a new car if you want to compare and contrast.

v1.2 Feb 2021
- Driver repositioned for better wheel grip, driver suits added
- Shifting timing and preload adjusted
- Instrument dials changed from diesel to petrol (see tachometer rev range) and various artifacts removed
- High-level brake light added, front & rear lights adjusted
- Config added for glossier paint to all ten (!) separate bodywork materials
- Steering wheel badge and exhaust materials separated (Norms!) & adjusted
- Various internal/external shader values adjusted
- Door panel bump strip material changed, now body-coloured to match paint (Norms!)
- FFMULT and STEER_ASSIST adjusted in data/car.ini for better steering feel/feedback (original values were 1.45 & 0 if you want to revert)
- UI updated (FWD, V6 etc)
Many issues remain. Feel free to edit/improve. Needs working wipers.

View attachment 991961

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvf7desd6qvidzr/vw_bora_v6.7z/file

Good car but where is the leather, plastic texture on the dash ?

Last edited:
Reg. the recently posted Malaysia track (Sepang), here is a reworked grass FX config, which eleminates some of the minor faults I created. Sorry, every track is a learning process still for me.

Please copy the file into your extension folder, remove the .txt and you´re fine.

Did anyone else notice ? Or is this a CSP thing (0.1.70 installed atm here)?
All other places seem to be OK.

petronas.png
ubs.png

Also: did I miss a fix from somebody or is the timing still off. When starting from starting line I get after a few seconds a PB lap time... ?

View attachment 992119 View attachment 992120

Also: did I miss a fix from somebody or is the timing still off. When starting from starting line I get after a few seconds a PB lap time... ?

You could test this one. Not tested from my side though.

I´m still struggling with fixing the track. Could at least get it with correct textures (I hope all of them), into Blender. Could separate some huge meshes, so fbx export could be opened in ksEditor. The next day(s) is bug fixing, shader adjustments etc. still to do. I´m in contact with @Fall Guy for testing, as I´m still mainly working without seeing anything in game.

upload_2021-2-16_21-38-11.png

Attachments

• ext_config.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

View attachment 992119 View attachment 992120

Sorry for this. Please try to use the attached config and let me know if it is gone now. @slider666 has already made some big improvements with this track and hopefully some issues will be gone soon.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 34
Sorry for this. Please try to use the attached config and let me know if it is gone now. @slider666 has already made some big improvements with this track and hopefully some issues will be gone soon.
I wouldn´t say big improvements. It´s editable now. Before, you couldn´t ex- and import it for editing anything. It wasn´t skninnable, as all textures were named false:
upload_2021-2-16_21-49-8.png

All named Texture with different numbers as extension.
And some huge meshes causing errors, trying to get the track into ksEditor:
Malaysia_errors_meshes.jpg

So, for now it don´t looks very different. At least I hope, that I didn´t messed up to much, like the cars on car park with tarmac textures:
upload_2021-2-16_21-52-53.png

As mentioned, I´ll be going through all textures and meshes and hope to fix them. But right now any visual improvement, only got editable that's all. :odd: :indiff:
I just don´t want that you all expect too much.

Last edited:
Download the ext_config.ini as posted above and the issues with the kerbs are gone. Reg. the grid spots, I don´t have these issues, maybe update your CSP?
too what version? all others that I use now have or black sky's or weird tyres textures

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back