Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,822 comments
I know this site, but there isn't the Mercury Capri.. only mustang..
I also ask one more thing.. exist these tracks?:
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Heartland Motorsports Park
Florida State Fairgrounds
Del Mar Fairgrounds

Uhhhh idk. I never seen these tracks before. A couple of images would be nice though.

Do you have a solution for this kind of problem with AI?
I race with GT3, about the same performance for the cars, same strength for the AI drivers (between 88.3 and 88.5) but the winner turns 5 seconds faster than everyone else and finishes 55 seconds ahead.
Ridiculous!
The other Audi R8 had "normal" performances
There is a parry to this kind of problem that often happens during the races?
Thank you.
View attachment 993228
It could be interesting to compare the "ai.ini" of each car ; especialy the GASGAIN thing and compensate the difference by applying a higher AI_AGGRESSION for this car.

Yes, in most cases, for the same AI_LEVEL, higher AGRESSION makes the car slower (you need a certain amount of agression to allow the AI to overtake others but too much agression imply too much deviance from the ideal line, and thus losing time)

Does anyone know where to get this track? I lost the track folder & i forgot where to get this.
60jz.png

is this it mate.
Google Drive - Virus scan warning

Could I get a copy of those tracks? Somehow missed them, been looking for decent versions!
These links are on my personal dropbox, so don't expect them to last too long.
Hampton Downs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc2o7uzkydbj4b9/hampton_downs_motorsport_park.zip?dl=0
The rainfx config is a few posts up from this if anyone is looking later on.

Teretonga Park: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hecm079rut623ir/teretonga_park.zip?dl=0

Also the updated version of Pukekohe
I never received a no (or a yes by @neil shaw) so, hoping that's not a problem for him, in order to fill the requests i had received in private, here's the updated track.

DELETE the previuos version you have on your HDD.

All the credits goes to Neil Shaw, then also to @DaBaeda for the replay cams.

https://sharemods.com/92vddal23bfa/...d___updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.4.zip.html

So with more mods needing CSP 0.1.72 or above I figure I ask this. every time I install the 0.1.72 I get these blue glows from certain light sources:
ACtC-3d87rt4GSijq_I8obTszWjZaT235Gw6QW3hOZFTTR1vrTRyhABPrGvfhCdtswPCv2DPzKDCl0DCTxV6WYFn6KWZfnu0imRZFkKOCtHS5KG2E8BJvN3Mmak2axZk82xNwDS-1ixQDte73vGgyaB2ZV1rqg=w2560-h1440-no

in this case its the interior but I also sometimes see it on track lighting as wells. Is that caused by some settings or something else? Go back down to 0.1.71 and it goes away...

I have a strange problem with the 312t driver. It only spawns with a white helmet. I know the car uses driver_70.kn5.

Edit: Nevermind, it's a skin problem

Last edited:
Me too. Yorkshire tea left to brew for a long time in a pint mug. Tiny splash of milk. No sugar, naturally.
I must have five pints a day.
Change the Yorkshire tea to Deathwish coffee, small splash of Chocolate cream with almond, that comes with sugar :-) That's my drink :-)

3 of those a day
and I like to have 5 bong hits along with it on an ideal Sunday like today after just finishing an AI line somewhere in China, still a little more work to do tho.LOL
It's almost time to look at Crema soon too, once I finish the current project.

Time to go, NASCAR is at Daytona Road course today

RELEASE
Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm
Link: https://mega.nz/file/AIpQUAxT... with damage fix
Version: 0.9
3D Model: CSR RACING 2
3D Work: Rudolf the car guy
Physics: Rudolf the car guy
Sound: Kunos
PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD
Personal edits are fine! If you wanna release an edit please consult with me please, same with improvements (so everyone can have the pleasure of it)
If you find any bugs please report them here or via pm or at rudolfthecarguy@gmail.com so it can be fixed with the 1.0 release.
Known bugs: Missing part at the doors, mirrors arent perfect.
Features a fully mapped exterior and interior. Physics are based on the little data available about the car and after that i used my popometer (my butt while driving)
Animations, most of the CSP stuff and final physics will be updated with the 1.0 version

152177910_3878372102201001_4411332491431687756_o.jpg

EDIT: Small review, very good mod for 0.9, finally one with the steering wheel position in the right position unlike the Kunos car that does not work in VR. Texture and shaders work are perfect. Steering is a little vague and physics could use slight adjustment.

Last edited:
In case you went from testing the old Okutama to testing the new one straight afterwards, does it do it even after restarting CM? If I update tracks and don't restart CM I can get some strange visual effects sometimes too.

ya. this. fired it up this morning and it was fine. go figure. Pity because it was kinda acid trippy in a way ;)

1. can anyone point me to a howto for adding animations to cars with Blender? then tie that animation to a function of the car in the configs?
example a wing that gradually lifts higher as the car goes faster?

2. What has to be done in a car config to add an option in the pits menu to enable or disble a geometry choice? example the ability to turn on a ghosted halo or a ful halo, or a completely off halo.

TIA

ya. this. fired it up this morning and it was fine. go figure. Pity because it was kinda acid trippy in a way ;)
Thanks for confirming, I thought that might be the case.
There have been three people looking at this for a good chunk of today and it IS a problem in the wet at night when exiting the tunnel so it's easy to replicate if you fancy a trip. The original track does it too so it seems to be a CSP issue, but the boffins are looking at potential solutions so hopefully it can be folded into an update to the grass and some model tweaks early next week.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried changing quite a lot of settings, but haven't managed to find a solution.
Thank a lot in advance!
BTW. "this" starts happening at 0:25 sec

i think this may be related to your csp and sol versions in combination with a ppfilter

Thanks for trying to help! I've tried it with every pp filter that I have (including the stock ones), but without luck. I have the latest sol and CSP 1.72 preview build (so the Patreon one). Any other suggestions?

Thanks for trying to help! I've tried it with every pp filter that I have (including the stock ones), but without luck. I have the latest sol and CSP 1.72 preview build (so the Patreon one). Any other suggestions?
1.72 has is no longer a preview, it's a public release. The patreon one is 0.73p1.

......People WILL install it because "newer = better"....

I feel your frustration... a month ago I uploaded (both here and at Race Department) a rain fx package which included Macau. I literally worked on it for four days straight, creating stream edges and points for every track side building and object that looked good in my opinion. My wrist and fingers were locking up. It was pretty arduous, but in the end, I was happy with how it came out.

This week I notice someone has uploaded a config for the same track, with a total of 2 stream edges and 1 stream point. Really? And now he is trying to figure out a way to upload to GitHub. Wow.

Updating is great if you are improving things, but some people need to slow their roll a little. Do searches to see what's been done before, and for god's sake, please test your work.

Good day everyone.

Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park

whp.jpg

Heartland Park Topeka

1920px-Heartland_Park_Topeka.svg.png

I add this too:

San Antonio street course

YBTk_xJu4drZ8WwDcSxJynvrc-hLKhfjHPrvWAs5Vr0n3xI2L4Z7Z_7L-uDQzl2j20HSZIJ_I5IX2sGzGVq-XtAYXQau1HsMqspUF2lML2Myw2BuvrfcPAC0

I started to convert Topeka years ago it is drivable and I can finish it. Also when i found out about the old imsa tracks i created the Florida state layout in rtb but i dont think it will see the light lol.

UgnFvrF.png

KQox2Z0.png

Last edited:
Getting myself into Photoshop skin creating, anyone have any advice on creating racing sticker numbers that actually look like the real life subject? I tried some fonts using the type text tool as placeholders, but nothing I have found so far seems to look right compared the original car. :irked:

Obviously this forum isn't the place for a full on Photoshop tutorial, but if anyone has any pointers as in how they would general approach it themselves? Would you just create your own free form shape? Use maybe a specific tool or use an image like a stencil? Just curious as can't find much online to what I'm specifically trying to do, so before I spend a few nights trying out a few different things, would be grateful for any advice ether way or if you know a good font :)

Here's a preview to get an idea what I'm working on.

preview.jpg

0c2d24f72cde6750258e14f8df64e458.jpg

Last edited:
Getting myself into Photoshop skin creating, anyone have any advice on creating racing sticker numbers that actually look like the real life subject? I tried some fonts using the type text tool as placeholders, but nothing I have found so far seems to look right compared the original car. :irked:

Obviously this forum isn't the place for a full on Photoshop tutorial, but if anyone has any pointers as in how they would general approach it themselves? Would you just create your own free form shape? Use maybe a specific tool or use an image like a stencil? Just curious as can't find much online to what I'm specifically trying to do, so before I spend a few nights trying out a few different things, would be grateful for any advice ether way or if you know a good font :)

Here's a preview to get an idea what I'm working on.

View attachment 993270
View attachment 993272

you can always try and do it the long winded way of uploading the image to https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont and go through the list till you find something acceptable and then go to https://www.dafont.com/ and see if they have a font available for free that works.

alternatively the Gran turismo logo repository is a handy place to try.
Or the old fashioned way of google image race number plates / year / car model / race series.

Last edited:
I literally worked on it for four days straight, creating stream edges and points for every track side building and object that looked good in my opinion.

Do Stream Edges/Points affect fps much? Personally I'm not too worried about a little fps drop, but while creating my Hampton Downs config the other day I only made a few that were easily visible from the track as I was worried that if I went all out and did all of the off track buildings that it would kill fps on lower spec pc's.

you can always try and do it the long winded way of uploading the image to https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont and go through the list till you find something acceptable and then go to https://www.dafont.com/ and see if they have a font available for free that works.

alternatively the Gran turismo logo repository is a handy place to try.
Or the old fashioned way of google image race number plates / year / car model / race series.

Didn't know about that GT Repository! Got a folder from racedepartment, so combining with this should be pretty covered for logos and things.

Guessing I got to spend a good bit more digging still then, all part of the fun I guess though ;)

Thanks for the tips!

I feel your frustration... a month ago I uploaded (both here and at Race Department) a rain fx package which included Macau. I literally worked on it for four days straight, creating stream edges and points for every track side building and object that looked good in my opinion. My wrist and fingers were locking up. It was pretty arduous, but in the end, I was happy with how it came out.

This week I notice someone has uploaded a config for the same track, with a total of 2 stream edges and 1 stream point. Really? And now he is trying to figure out a way to upload to GitHub. Wow.

Updating is great if you are improving things, but some people need to slow their roll a little. Do searches to see what's been done before, and for god's sake, please test your work.

Good day everyone.

I agree to a point, but its also up to people to slow down and not just download ever single thing someone does just because its there.... AC is an addiction and as such you look for these little hits to get that buzz which gets harder to replicate over time....

If you are at all worried about something overriding something else, step back slow down and check first.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back