Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Its faster i make a new version, before i write an extension config, also i changed a few textures.
When you remove the 3d grass with 3dSimed3 (needs 30 sec.), , its faster then i write a extension config for it.
Sorry, I hope you don´t take this as negative criticism, but while you doing your grass config, just add the 3D Grass material or meshes you have found in 3DSimEd into this line:
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASS_NOLA2, nola_grass,
Imo this takes even less than 30 sec. and as benefit, all those AC vanilla user still get at least the old 3D Grass. Though I don´t know why people wouldn´t use CSP, but there are some. :)
Again, this not meant as a bad criticism, but something more effective and versatile way for this kind of reworkings. You save time to rename track, package, upload the whole track, ...

I took some time and your config and transferred it to the old original Nola Motorsports Park. You can compare old vs. your new one very easy this way.
Attached the new config file for that old track, but should work for your version. For sure some parts get to dark in your track version.
But unfortunately I couldn´t test it in game, caused of my rotten GPU. :mad:
So, no screenshots too. :(
Added some lights, rain fx and water too, but all without guarantee for good-looking and correct working ... ;)

Attachments

• extension.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
This totally kills the car for me as a VR user. As this is a GT4, could a semi-stripped-out Kunos 370z cockpit with roll cage added not be used?
Sorry for this!
This was one of the idea to solve the problem. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have much time to dedicate to the visual part.. but I hope to do something in the future.

For all these new lights I made for Nola Motorsports Park and some other tracks too without creating a new kn5 file, you can use the Object Inspector in game. Or, like in my case, Gimp (PS, paint.net, whatever...) because I couldn't get in game.
upload_2021-2-21_13-13-44.png

You get start position and size too. And as benefit, for this huge textures (in this case 2048 x 2048) iirc it was very hard to see and select the correct part in game with Object Inspector.

@TimLotus
Thanks, but I have the latest version. I've been told it's an alpha channel problem and I should use paint.net
I've been opening the .dds in in paint.net, then select and copy it over to Paint shop pro, (been using it for skins since Nascar 3), it will show all the items there. make all my paints there. Copy and paste back to Paint.net and save the dds and you're done. Its a long way around, particularly for meticulous adjustments working with many layers but it gets the job done.

Sorry, I hope you don´t take this as negative criticism, but while you doing your grass config, just add the 3D Grass material or meshes you have found in 3DSimEd into this line:

Imo this takes even less than 30 sec. and as benefit, all those AC vanilla user still get at least the old 3D Grass. Though I don´t know why people wouldn´t use CSP, but there are some. :)
Again, this not meant as a bad criticism, but something more effective and versatile way for this kind of reworkings. You save time to rename track, package, upload the whole track, ...

I took some time and your config and transferred it to the old original Nola Motorsports Park. You can compare old vs. your new one very easy this way.
Attached the new config file for that old track, but should work for your version. For sure some parts get to dark in your track version.
But unfortunately I couldn´t test it in game, caused of my rotten GPU. :mad:
So, no screenshots too. :(
Added some lights, rain fx and water too, but all without guarantee for good-looking and correct working ... ;)

How can i change textures with ext.config and where do i have to copy the new textures without making
a new kn5?

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried changing quite a lot of settings, but haven't managed to find a solution.
Thank a lot in advance!
BTW. "this" starts happening at 0:25 sec

Last edited:

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried changing quite a lot of settings, but haven't managed to find a solution.
Thank a lot in advance!
BTW. "this" starts happening at 0:25 sec

i think this may be related to your csp and sol versions in combination with a ppfilter

It actually needs interior mapping and then texturing based on that, that would be the way
It's quite a plain and low-poly interior to start with though, one that's been passed around between a whole bunch of 370z mods. I think the cockpit model might need reworking completely, that's why I was wondering if bastardising the Kunos one might be quicker and with better results.
There's a drift 370z with a better different interior but it's still quite subpar.

Last edited:
Do you have a solution for this kind of problem with AI?
I race with GT3, about the same performance for the cars, same strength for the AI drivers (between 88.3 and 88.5) but the winner turns 5 seconds faster than everyone else and finishes 55 seconds ahead.
Ridiculous!
The other Audi R8 had "normal" performances
There is a parry to this kind of problem that often happens during the races?
Thank you.
day.png

It hasn't been done. Again in reference to an earlier post of mine, there was a lidar version of the circuit being worked on that would've had lighting etc but the creator hasn't posted for a long time so I have no clue as to what's happening with it
I hope that - if it even gets published - does not include those 🤬🤬 trees from the actual track we have... :odd:
Literally keeps me from driving there (or keeping the track installed).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back