Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
RAIN, PLEASE!!!
Hi there, I'm with CM free version, CSP 0.1.73 and SOL 2.0.2, but still can't see how to activate rain and windscreen wipers.
I'd much appreciate any instructions, or a tutorial if there is one somewhere.
Thanks in advance, best regards.

RAIN, PLEASE!!!
Hi there, I'm with CM free version, CSP 0.1.73 and SOL 2.0.2, but still can't see how to activate rain and windscreen wipers.

maybe this can help

RAIN, PLEASE!!!

First you need the newest csp version from iljas patreon .

Only this has rain

2007 Grand Prix of Cleveland skin galore for Burke Lakefront Airport track

- Reworked all billboards to match 2007 race (some are fictional, sorry)
- removed some sponsors and replaced them with concrete walls
- added grassfx
- added rainfx (basic)
- removed ugly crowds & ugly spectators
- removed static balloon
- removed some vehicles like tractors
- added 2 floating balloons (Coca-Cola and Bridgestone) - thanks @Masscot
- tinted the tarmac and the terrain darker

View attachment 994226 View attachment 994227 View attachment 994228 View attachment 994229

Instructions:
Insert the rar file into your \cleveland_grand_prix folder.
Make sure, you have "hide all spectators" activated in CM (track adjustments)!!
View attachment 994230

Known issues: there are still 3 F1 safety cars parking which do not match into this era. I´ve been too lazy to remove them as well. Do so if you have the mood to.

Link for my skin:
https://we.tl/t-0Dj2aBAhrV

Track link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-t-b-burke-lakefront-airport-cleveland.19331/

If you find some errors, keep them. :boggled:

I live near this location, everything looks good on the screen shots, but one glaring thing for me. The city of Cleveland is very prominent in the background IRL, but is missing here. I don't know if it got cut for FPS concerns or some other reasons?

cleveland950723.jpg

53ef9b3a0cf8ece5cf20753f2a5a1232.jpg

I don't know if a false wall with the buildings could be put in, or something.

NOT criticizing, it just seems rather empty, again since its so close to my home it lacks some of the atmosphere.

Thanks for reading.

Updated config for Reboot Team's Mont Tremblant track.
Corrects flickering burner on one balloon. Corrects non-firing burner on another balloon.

Remove the .txt extension and drop the ext_config.ini into the rt_mont_tremblant 'extension' folder, overwriting when asked.
Back up (or rename) the existing ext_config.ini first if you want to preserve it.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
It's worth mentioning that there is a slight mismatch between recommended CSP version inside CSP itself and the recommended CSP version in the SOL instructions.
I re-installed CM + recommended CSP version (0.1.60) and then SOL 2.0.2. Got a black sky inside AC. Turns out SOL 2.0.2 recommends 0.1.68 and lists 0.1.63 as minimum version. After I installed 0.1.68 the sky was fine.

Nothing unusual about this, but it's worth being aware of it. :)

Every stuffs from Our Racing Simulator are worthless anyway. That car is over 250 objects, no ao interior, physics took from 190e dtm kunos, the wing looks like v8 supercar's wing, no working wipers. That's all
1st thanks for the comment, second the car is still BETA. The car has some physics from 190e but not all, also it's AWD not RWD + I dint drive the real car to know how it feels. About the v8 supercar's wing, it's like this because the car is from the Granturismo series.
I tried to make it easy to drive because I'm not a 3dmoder or someone who makes 3d modeling, if you are good at this staff feel free to make a better one with a good model good physics good sound animations etc... I will happy to test it.+ I dint post it here someone takes it for the FB page I think and post it here without my knowing. it,s not something bad but I can check the comments to make it better.

Last edited:
You MUST enable "disable spectators" --> otherwise the ballon (1 of the static ones) will NOT disappear. Reg. the brightness @Masscot : turn down track exposure slider to appr. 66% in SOL Config (page 22).

Where's this option you mention please ? (disable spectators)

I was just scrolling the FIA list of the year 2000 and found the most unluckiest diablo (or Lamborghini in general) ever!

The KRT's 2000 Lamborghini Diablo GT: Raced in the FIA GT Championship from 2000 - 2002 and the reason why I say "unluckiest" is because the car either crashed, has gearbox issues or finished poorly.

The best it did was 19th at Nürburgring in 2001, sad to see this car fail, it almost reminds me of the Lamborghini QVX.
View attachment 994232 View attachment 994233
I might make a skin for this car with the diablo GTR.

Here's more info about its races:
https://www.racingsportscars.com/suffix/photo/Lamborghini/Diablo/GT.html

Racing Sports Cars is a great resource, innit? I use it all the time to check contemporaneous lap times.

For soo long I saw Assetto Corsa as an inaccessible game that didn't work for controller users like myself. I played the PS4 version and it was utter garbage. I did not enjoy the experience and several cars were impossible for me to drive. However I had reason to believe that the console version was poorly optimised and wanted to give the PC version a crack. I bought the game with all the DLC and went out in the MC12 GT1 at Spa to see how it felt. I barely completed my outlap before going back into the options screen to adjust the controller settings. The car had quite a lot of oversteer and I couldn't catch a slide, so I took a look at the steering sensitivity settings and discovered that it was too low. Not only that but the deadzone was at 0. After increasing both parameters, I went out again in the Gran Turismo S GT4 and it felt way better. No longer does the game feel inaccessible. I can enjoy a huge world of tracks and cars that I would not be able to experience anywhere else. With GT7 being soo far away, it's a great distraction and I'm sure to have a lot of fun. I've already downloaded quite a few, but my favourite soo far (I guess unsurprisingly) is the V8 Supercar Mod. All I have to do now is get the other tracks - I already have Sandown and Queensland Raceway and they're pretty good. The problem with the Sandown mod is the width of the main straight, but apart from that, it's the most faithful recreation I've seen. This game will keep me entertained for a long time.
The problem you'll find is that tracks like Sandown are converted from other games which were poorly ripped mods. I'm trying to get Sandown correct version done along with Calder. There is also a Hamilton Street circuit being worked on.

It all takes time, but good things come to those who wait.
There is a world of great content out there for AC, cars, tracks etc.
Just got to know where to look and who to ask

Jeez I even had a screenshot and explanation in my OP. :banghead: Check it in track adjustments tab.
Can't you just hide the balloon with a config (or remove it from the kn5 entitrely) rather than having to disable spectators? This will obviously disable spectators for all tracks unless you remember to keep changing it every time you race this track. I'm not normally a fan of universal settings changes to cater for just one track for this very reason. I'm old and forgetful and drink an awful lot of whisky.
Surely there must be a more elegant way of dealing with this?

Jeez I even had a screenshot and explanation in my OP. :banghead: Check it in track adjustments tab.

jeez there's no screenshot in the message I replied to... :banghead:
also do you need to be that rude...? just don't answer next time
thanks anyway

Last edited:
Oulton Park International.

This has become probably my favourite track in AC right now (re-boot version). I never quite had too much love for it until the recent ACC dlc release which I thought was amazing. So, I went back to drive the AC version and it shocked me how good this version is. The whole thing is simply magnificent and what a great little track. Well done to the guys who brought you this magnificent track and I thoroughly recommend GT3, BTCC or even F3 or the likes around here.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back