Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,691 comments
Left Simdream, right our Version

One on the right has wrong shadow, not that it means much but I honestly think simdream looks better but will just have kunos physics.

Either way I am happy with the kunos one anyway as i am simply not that fussed by LMP racing to care about dates and years.

Thanks for letting me know about it anyway...

If it pops up on CS i will most likley download it just to be an ass...

Oh and your shadows are all wrong even on track pics.

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-1_22-9-18.png
    upload_2021-3-1_22-9-18.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I can only say what our 3d guy had said to me. He said it isn´t just a simple rip like the other models on Gamemoddels. It is much better in terms of its general quality.
I would say that too for 200€. That still doesn't look like a GT model to me, I can't check it personally but this is how the GT shape is:
unknown.png

This is how yours looks:
unknown.png

I'm sorry but I think your 3d guy wasn't really honest with you and your pockets

Some long neglected tracks getting some cracking updates. Thanks for the long avus and updated cone-free cleveland, folks.

Btw, sorry, I didn't realise there was a different forum for videos. Tbh I've never had any interest at all in getting clicks and likes, as I ran a website for free over 20 years ago, with videos of various feats of excellence, that stemmed from a video I submitted that got me an interview at Core Design.

Any vids I've posted here were just intended to highlight recent mods that I thought some people might've missed or not considered (like the sprintcars at eldora, and UK ovals and hot rods), and hopefully inspire them to try something different out. I might still post updates of oddball stuff every now and then, as from what Apex said I think that would be ok here, but let me know if they're irritating anyone.

About the "VirtuaSportsCars" controversy, theres a couple of people who are angry to this one Youtube channel who refuses to share their mods for no reason. TBH i was pissed when seeing the Lambo V12 VGT mod in action & this one guy won't share it to the public.

Since im tired of this "private mod" stuff floating around, i had enough of this Youtube channel. Of course many people who wanted the car ended up rushing to the mod request threads to see if they can try to find a download link for the car mod that they wanted, only to expect nothing so far.

As for the Lambo V12 VGT mod, well i wanted it too. But...

This guy...this guy drove me nuts...& i wanted it right now.

Go make your own mod then. Every mod is private until its made public anyways.

If you see it that way.....ok. But our model is not one of this bad quality ripped models from gamemodels. The problem with the Gran turismo rips from gamemodel is that they are in very bad quality because they are just extracted from the game so they have only the very basic model. Our 3d is different because it has all renders/shaders/textures/animations included. Thats why it was expensive.

LMAO, every god damn 3d model has to go thru the same process regardless of source. Do you seriously think no one here knows how to mod? You just reworked Simdream's mod by changing shader parameters and textures. That's like elementary skills in terms of modding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homestead Miami Speedway billboards update 2021
It is for Legion´s version but I am sure it fits also on @damone13x s version.

upload_2021-3-1_22-29-35.png

Put the skins.rar (after removing .txt) into the Homestead folder and extract it, activate the skin in CM. All billboards are accordingly to yesterday´s race and were done as accurate as it could get but I can´t change the order they are placed around on the track which is a PITA as always.

But, you won´t need to pay $200 or send a donor, it is FREE for the community. :cheers:

Attachments

• skins.rar.txt
    395.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Audi R18 TDI 2011 released (only for our donators which can contact me via PM for Download)
Isn't this a little pointless and just one step away from FB modders spamming pics of their private car that'll never get released (oh boo-friggin'-hoo, how will we ever manage)?
Like others have said, you don't need to announce a pay mod here, your donators will already know. Doing things like this just makes one look like a dick, and it's pretty futile anyway as the car will inevitably leak and we'll all probably be deleting it this time next week.
I hope you never drive it on any Reboot tracks as you might be overcome with guilt at using it on tracks that were made for fun for the community and in the spirit of modding, and shared completely for free with no sign of a donation button.
Christ, the direction sim modding is going in with everone wanting donations or gold memberships or patreons or some other way to milk a hobby... I swear it's doomed.
Enjoy it while you can folks.

Last edited:
If you see it that way.....ok. But our model is not one of this bad quality ripped models from gamemodels. The problem with the Gran turismo rips from gamemodel is that they are in very bad quality because they are just extracted from the game so they have only the very basic model. Our 3d is different because it has all renders/shaders/textures/animations included. Thats why it was expensive.

But you can think what you want. We don´t release something for free if we have to spend money on the project. We can make a version for free with the ripped, ree version on gamemodels but it will not be better than the simdream Version

No it doesn't.
I have access to GT6 rips that are not public.
What you're claiming is complete nonsense.
Try harder to come up with better excuse why asking for donation for stolen IP.
If you don't want to share its fine. Its you're right. Nothing is lost of value.

you know that Kunos used the Pcars model? Also the TS040 is from pcars because they had a collaboration a while ago. Kunos used some of their models and slightly mad uses some kunos models

Maybe they did, but i can guarantee they didn't steal it and then ask the community for donations.
Two devs sharing assets in an open and above board way, isn't anything like what you are doing.

All this "my 3d model guy" stuff.... have a word with yourself... you are not developers.

Thats good and i know you are smart guy Apex ,but you now missed the point and this story dont go anywhere.This is open world my point is to promote Owners from the mods ,skins ,etc. Evry day somone new will be here ,on you tube you have just there to many guys who send links to download mods withot the they are contact owner and ask for premision.I give you a car with story if someone update that car or track ,in description will be that link .You must know im not only one, for that what you say you need to go to some page to download mod .IN fact new updates for mod dont change that mod significantly ,just what didnt work lets say it will work and to be eable to use that mod with Cmp newest version .I must say i didnt undestand you ,but those guys who made mods ,skins ,people will hear their name ,those guys deserve that .Thank youApex for your coments and stay safe and protected from this corona pandemic and see you in next video :cheers:

Last edited:
I already used it on Reboot tracks. But you should know one thing:

In the past we have released all of our mods for free to the public only to see some a......les that upload/reworked/sell our cars as their own work and without any permission. If thats the way people show their respect we don't care about the community.

I know most of the people have respect for us modders and show their respect. But as long as such peoples are out there we will keep all our future mods as the R18.

I don't actually care if you understand our point
I don't even think you understand your own point. Demanding money for a mod doesn't magically sprinkle it with pixie dust that protects it from being reuploaded, reworked or sold on. It actively encourages that sort of behaviour.
If you want to protect "your work" then get an encyption key from Ilja, but please make sure that your mod is absolutely perfect before you release it. Not even a human segway is more embarrassing than an encrypted car that's littered with basic errors, as a lot of FB modders are slowly finding out to a chorus of titters.

Damn, I'm getting really grouchy lately. I guess whatever patience I once possessed is slowly ebbing away as humanity hurtles headfirst into oblivion, simultaneously uploading the whole thing to Tiktok so that visitors from other planets can laugh at our crass stupidity.

Last edited:
This thread moves REALLY fast.

Anyone with the V8 Supercars mod that can point me in the direction of some suspension settings?

Still need.

This is officially my new favorite thing. But I'm stuck in the 2:13's because the car is WAY too free on corner exit. No confidence. Also, this mod needs the pops on the gear changes then it would be perfect.

Well using the supersoft tyre will help you out for starters. I was experiencing the exact same thing and changed many parameters, not just the rear suspension. What you should do is increase the camber, spring rate and tyre pressures because the track has many high load corners. Changing the parameters in this way will allow you to carry more speed everywhere, even if you aren't running a heap of downforce. Of course you'll need to adjust the settings in the rear more than the front.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back