Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
Can we still manually replace car sounds? I tried to put the FXX K sound into the LaFerrari, but just putting the bank file and renaming it doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. I don't want to risk it using CM as I don't want to potentially lose any vanilla files and have to check integrity, would be a pain.

Can we still manually replace car sounds? I tried to put the FXX K sound into the LaFerrari, but just putting the bank file and renaming it doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. I don't want to risk it using CM as I don't want to potentially lose any vanilla files and have to check integrity, would be a pain.
Backup the vanilla sfx and then change to the sound you like. No risk involved.

Just registered via email as I registered last year for the Challenge EVO. Ferrari Esports notes: Please note that the new Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 code will be provided later by the organizer.

It seems it is real. :)

yeah but the taken pics on the Ferrari website is the BK ACC Convert, maybe they make a car but it could be the BK ACC Convert, which could be used
so we need to wait for what we get.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jeddah-street-circuit-f1-2021-night-race.40825/

Here's a version I've put together on the day that the circuit was announced, the layout matches the streets shown in the reveal footage and documentation. Kerb placement references those seen in the video that was released.

Running to 6.175km with 27 corners, the Jeddah Street Circuit will be the second-longest on the calendar and one of the fastest too, with an average speed of over 250km/h predicted in simulations.

Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-40-33.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-41-14.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-28-54.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-31-47.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-32-24.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-33-18.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-39-59.jpg

Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-16-0-2.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2020_mclaren_jeddah21_18-2-121-15-59-56.jpg

And yes, there are Pride flags, and stats about the countries Human Rights violations around the track instead of Giving the brands that support such violations any exposure.

Last edited:
A De Tomaso P72 has come into my possession. I have two queries about it.
1. It doesn't go. I engage a gear, put on some revs, let in the clutch and it just very slowly creeps forward. same in any gear. Any ideas?

2. I am well aware of the fact that CM Custom Showroom renders graphics very differently to the game, but this difference is particularly stark! The CM shot shows the interior is quite nicely done and well detailed. Is there any way the difference in game can be bridged a bit? is it a question of VAO patch, ext_configs or what? Any suggestions gratefully received.

__custom_showroom_1616087466.jpg

Screenshot_detomaso_p72_goodwood_circuit_18-2-121-17-10-27.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm testing the 2012 Long Beach circuit:
http://assetto-db.com/track/long_beach_2012/long_beach_2012

I am using the AI for this circuit:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/long-beach-improved-ai.18153/

It AI works really well, but with 30 cars it is impossible to use the track.
:) Please can someone optimize this 2012 Long Beach circuit by removing parts of the circuit to make it playable?

I have also tried terra21's t21_long_beach. The 2019 version is optimized for 30 cars, it works great, but the AI is bad, worse than the 2012 version.
https://www.drivingitalia.net/index.php?/forums/topic/79792-long-beach-2019-released/

:) Please, for the 2019 Long-Beach circuit, can anyone generate a better AI than the one that comes by default?

Thanks a lot
:cheers:

1. It doesn't go. I engage a gear, put on some revs, let in the clutch and it just very slowly creeps forward. same in any gear. Any ideas?

2. I am well aware of the fact that CM Custom Showroom renders graphics very differently to the game, but this difference is particularly stark! The CM shot shows the interior is quite nicely done and well detailed. Is there any way the difference in game can be bridged a bit? is it a question of VAO patch, ext_configs or what? Any suggestions gratefully received.

View attachment 998610

View attachment 998611
Try pasting a extension folder from a different car then go into ext_config and then ctrl+a to delete everything in the txt then paste this

[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial=chrome_interior,Chrome_quilted,rim
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]

This should do the trick note it won't work in showroom but in game.

From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

Okay, I'm investigating this and left a comment for Adriaan. This looks like the same mod, without any changes, that I already have installed. All the files are dated mid-December 2020.

EDIT: This wasn't updated, so you may already have it. Apparently the name of the FB page that features this mod was updated, so it showed up in the MNBA group timeline.

[RELEASE] PORSCHE 991 GT3

ADRIAAN SUY·MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2021·
Original by AssettoDB https://assetto-db.com/car/porsche991gt3
Found this old mod that i thought had some potential so did some updates on it with my limited skill. Handling is pretty much stock and i hope that someone with more skills gives it an update.
changelog:
-GPS
-Wipers (could use improvement)
-Blinkers
-AO
-interior/exterior shaders
-some dashboard lights
-changed rims and exhaust (kunos gt3rs)
-some more things i forgot about
Enjoy and a happy new year!

https://mega.nz/file/kKATCARJ#D5R-UFyBX5zrV2Jeytqru0F14gsasyzZ1OkRE9GDoJ8

138286571_3753170961440878_6177288517698330108_o.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 998610

View attachment 998611

It's because in CM Custom Showroom you have Ambient Occlusion enabled, which creates these realistic shadows. Try to activate HBAO in Extra FX and set the opacity to 100%. Anyway, this model by RTM is poor in visual, if it had an AO mapping it would be fine with or without HBAO.

I hope that gorgeous DeTomaso makes it way to the public sometime.

Also, on AssettoLand right now... :eek:

f805390d9ec9828c4f11c1eda355e9ca.png

Another mod poor in graphics and the result of a lazy work by the RTM.

Last edited:

But it makes appearance thanks to RTM (EX-MODS, ...whatever) and people want to try it just by the name of it
That's a pity it's just a honey(money) trap for bees ; )

yeah but the taken pics on the Ferrari website is the BK ACC Convert, maybe they make a car but it could be the BK ACC Convert, which could be used
so we need to wait for what we get.
BK 's mod is a conversion of Kunos' own ACC car so how should you spot a difference, hm?

I hope that Kunos Guys will give some extras over the conversion we already have. Mainly elaborated physics.

Last edited:
It's because in CM Custom Showroom you have Ambient Occlusion enabled, which creates these realistic shadows. Try to activate HBAO in Extra FX and set the opacity to 100%. Anyway, this model by RTM is poor in visual, if it had an AO mapping it would be fine with or without HBAO.

If it becomes public it will be more likely that a more talented (and hopefully more generous) modder will bring it to the state it deserves to be.

Try pasting a extension folder from a different car then go into ext_config and then ctrl+a to delete everything in the txt then paste this

[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial=chrome_interior,Chrome_quilted,rim
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]

This should do the trick note it won't work in showroom but in game.

thanks! I will try that and also some of the other common materials.

View attachment 998610

View attachment 998611
the interior just need correct mapping and AO. VAO is not made for people who are to lazy to make AO

i think its clear it should not be as dim as in your screenshots.

Do you by any chance have this enabled for "sol_weather" app?
"Load & Save this per track" ?
View attachment 997973

then please update the app from this.
sol_weather app v11.0 ...

If you updated to that "sol_weather" app v11.0 i posted there above, then please revert to the one that came with your current Sol version.
That v11 is severely broken. (also removed link in original post)

This is a "shortcut" that should work. If there isn't an extension folder in the car's folder, copy the folder in this zip, and adjust values in the enclosed ext_config.ini. If there's already an extension folder and ext_config.ini in the car's folder, add the lines from the provided ini to the existing one and edit the values.

Yeah, work perfectly. THANX! :bowdown:

RACE WEEK 22 Saudi Arabia Circuit is here!!
View attachment 998626

Thanks to Tyrone the 2021 F1 Custom championship is complete (subject to any covid restrictions)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-full-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/
22_saudiarabia_gp21.jpg

I have amended the track name (nothing else) to fit with the naming convention for the championship on my GDrive but if you want to get it in its original named form its here;
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jeddah-street-circuit-f1-2021-night-race.40825/

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back