Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,821 comments
20210427-164107-g333_sachsenring-scirocco_gc10_v6.jpg

scirocco_gc10_v6
After driving this mod and having a bunch of fun with it, I made a number of skins for it, experimenting along the way, sort of trial and error on things... and as @Fanapryde had pointed out, the numbers on the glass wasn't working and became a point of frustration. So last night I decided to fix it and made numberplates for these skins and adjusted logos and graphics to accommodate without messing things up too much.
There are a total of 25 skins updated that will overwrite previous versions downloaded. For those who prefer the fix...link below.
https://mega.nz/file/m9pjXQrS#uncilwSArvyMOe38L_w-z7ESs5ah0E1uJpKAMxJDLCY

I guess you are using the ACU 1.15 version right? I just gave it a few laps day and night on 1.73 CSP and no issues at all with FPS.

Not sure it is ACU 1.15, the folder name is : cota_v2, no mention of author or version, it looks great and drive great, but not in CSP version 1.73

View attachment 1007203

scirocco_gc10_v6
After driving this mod and having a bunch of fun with it, I made a number of skins for it, experimenting along the way, sort of trial and error on things... and as @Fanapryde had pointed out, the numbers on the glass wasn't working and became a point of frustration. So last night I decided to fix it and made numberplates for these skins and adjusted logos and graphics to accommodate without messing things up too much.
There are a total of 25 skins updated that will overwrite previous versions downloaded. For those who prefer the fix...link below.

Thanks for your livery-update... This mod has been a favourite for some time...

The previous works were fine and only visible to the trained-eye... Kind of liked the car-number displayed on the window panels - different for a change... The previous liveries had number-boards on body-panels...

Issue: side-window number overlaps the windscreen-number (mod-issue)

livery_window_no_01.jpg

livery_window_no_02.jpg

BTW, applied your liveries to the scirocco_gc10_v8 and all works well.
Will try the latest livery-update - thanks again!

Last edited:
VW Fun Cup Evo 3 - 13 Car Skin Pack
This pack contains livery of real life VW Fun Cup teams Orhes Racing, Acome Racing and Jac Motors. Also contains a .psd including series sponsors and more, you can delete this file if not interested.
Fun-Cup-Promo5.jpg

DOWNLOAD

As far as I know, this mod is quite incomplete. I wish it was on a better level to be able to enjoy these beautiful skins. AC needs a good quality Beetle, I mean, excellent quality, state of the art, Pessio or A3DR level. All that I have tested were incomplete and were of poor quality, low poly, bad textures, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for your livery-update... This mod has been a favourite for some time...

The previous works were fine and only visible to the trained-eye... Kind of liked the car-number displayed on the window panels - different for a change... The previous liveries had number-boards on body-panels...

BTW, applied your liveries to the scirocco_gc10_v8 and all works well.
Will try the latest livery-update - thanks again!

Yeah, that was the issue. Started driving me nuts, so it was time to fix it. My .psd template for this mod is now 138 layers in total with all the skins combined, so it wasn't too difficult, other than wearing out the wheel on my mouse scrolling back and forth through them to apply the fix.:crazy:

That's mid-ohio. I think he's looking for Puebla.

Hey there, just to let @gutbomb know, the link to the L and M pages of your reviews is not the right one, it's page 1474 and the right one is page 1475.

Also there is a Bremgarten version done by the Reboot team, if you are interested.

Cheers :)
Awesome thanks, fixed that link and I'll check out Bremgarten.

A few minor changes in skins that we didn't have yet for the Le Mans 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO series II by Legion. As always, they are not 100%, but it's worth the fun. Nationale Belge Team (24) ... I just put the numbers and took the Scuderia Ferrari logo as in the photos of the time. Maranello Concessionaires (25), I just changed the numbering. North American Racing Team (.N.A.R.T) (26-27), I didn't have that variation, I did what I could, it's going to be fun. Then go for the Ferrari 275 GTB that another friend posted these days, and that we were missing.

Attachments

• LM64_24.2.png
    LM64_24.2.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 23
  • LM64_24.jpg
    LM64_24.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 21
  • LM64_25.3.png
    LM64_25.3.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 28
  • LM64_25.1.jpg
    LM64_25.1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 24
  • LM64_25.2.jpg
    LM64_25.2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 28
  • LM64_26.1.jpg
    LM64_26.1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 26
  • LM64_26.2.jpg
    LM64_26.2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 25
  • LM64_26.3.png
    LM64_26.3.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 25
  • LM64_27.1.jpg
    LM64_27.1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 24
  • LM64_27.2.jpg
    LM64_27.2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24
  • LM64_27.3.png
    LM64_27.3.png
    14 KB · Views: 25
Yeah, that was the issue. Started driving me nuts, so it was time to fix it. My .psd template for this mod is now 138 layers in total with all the skins combined, so it wasn't too difficult, other than wearing out the wheel on my mouse scrolling back and forth through them to apply the fix.:crazy:

Not to mention good-old RSI - with that many layers - oooffff!

And you have to drive a track with new track config ini, unless you set it up yourself in existing ini´s like me. ;)
Search here for "grass" and you´ll find some updated ini´s:
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/tree/master/config/tracks
and enjoy! :)

I don't get that site. I see a code window, but no download. Am I suppoused to copy and paste that long code manually, instead of just downloading the file?

NEVERMIND, just figured out. Enjoying grass now![/QUOTE]
Hi

How did you figure it out please? Do we really have to copy all the code?

Assetto Corsa HYPERION 2020 from RACE SIM STUDIO TEAM Review! Stay healthy,safe all and thank you all for big support !

Last edited:
Maybe I can rant a little here and perhaps there are others whom might be experiencing the same or can maybe point out what I might be missing. Browsing resources on racedepartment.com Sucks Major Gas Now since their latest redesign... Is it just me or has it gotten less intuitive to actually find sections of resources for games you're interested in? Now, the download section doesn't list or categorize in plain view like it used to, even though the resources are still categorized... though you now have to browse through perhaps tons of resources for games you don't even have nor care to see. I wonder what they are thinking here? Furthermore, when you click on your notifications, it takes you to an update information page on the mod in question which is great though there seemingly is no way to find this update section, how to get to it from the mods face page, nor return the face of the mode page from this update information page...!?!?! There is however a history tab like there always has been but it don't lead to a change log page or anything the like, just an option to download previous versions.

Going to racedepartment.com used to be a rather nice experience, easy to browse nothing to induce frustration, but now I'm left feeling I really don't care to go there now as much as I used to. I mean, did they fire some people and hire new ones? Are they pulling a fast food restaurant with no comfortable seats or what?

I'm with you, bro.

There's an interesting new car here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/enggqh4gnjz18wt/vmw_ferrari_275_gtb_c_version_1.1.7z/file

NEW LINK v.1.1 with all lights working, mirrors fixed, and a few improvements in the model.

3d by Velo. Skins as authentic as I could make 'em. Variants will be released soon with no bumpers, filler caps in various positions and possibly the Speciale with the GTO nose.

View attachment 1006972 View attachment 1006973 View attachment 1006974 View attachment 1006976 View attachment 1006977View attachment 1006978 View attachment 1006975
mediafire not work in my location not even with browser vpn. be nice if you could share on mega or sharemods.

I have found a nice mod for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG by CORYCH WORKSHOP

https://anonfiles.com/l027Waseu7/2019_Mercedes-Benz_G63_AMG_v.1.1_for_AC_1.16_rar

upload_2021-4-28_7-54-51.png

But there is a very strange thing going on, when I let the AI drive that car: Even before the start the front axle seems to collapse and both front wheels turns slowly inwards. The driver car is not affected. Has anybody an idea what is going on here and how to fix that?

View attachment 1007203

scirocco_gc10_v6

Thank you, very nice liveries!!

I have found a nice mod for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG by CORYCH WORKSHOP

https://anonfiles.com/l027Waseu7/2019_Mercedes-Benz_G63_AMG_v.1.1_for_AC_1.16_rar

View attachment 1007264

But there is a very strange thing going on, when I let the AI drive that car: Even before the start the front axle seems to collapse and both front wheels turns slowly inwards. The driver car is not affected. Has anybody an idea what is going on here and how to fix that?

Like the mod but have not driving it as yet... Sounds like I better get the AIs on a freaking diet before racing... :rolleyes: (bit of modding-humour)...

But on a more productive/serious note, check the track's AI folder and remove any files that refer to 'payloads', 'bin' and the like... It's something that's been discussed as of recent, whereby, some mods include these files - inadvertently I would say...

Here's a list of files to remove...

upload_2021-4-28_17-6-24.png

Last edited:
Purely as a discussion point (ie I'm not being passive aggressive)... why is that? To me, having these stages in DR2 is plenty good enough, AC's 'off road' driving experience isn't great and it's never going to be close to looking as good as it does in DR (despite clearly a huge amount of work going into it). I understand that both my points are subjective, so I'm not saying others should share my opinion, I'm just genuinely curious as to whether it's a physics, graphics or customisation (ie can drive any car from AC on it) thing?
Mine is also, so neither have you to share it... So first thing first, to me with the visual settings i have for AC, this same rally stage looks and feels more realistic in AC than in its vanilla form which is Dirt Rally, don't get me wrong I do really like Dirt Rally though I've always found a vivid inherent cartoonish vibe to it.
DR possesses some realism aspects and in the same regard so does F1 series game represent a simulation. It is neither bad nor is it easy that's for sure, quite enjoyable actually but somehow once passed the finish line, I can only get this feeling of half accomplishment. I believe that the reason resides in the handling or in other words playability. With codemaster iterations, most of simulation characteristics are present nonetheless represented in a "facilitated" fashion, all physics are for say kinda inhibited. That gives me an assisted gameplay kind of feeling and that explains why I can't feel completely satisfied driving it. Stil it remains good enough for playing with the wheel, as long as I can stand the thought at the back of my head reminding me that I am currently playing the game with a "controller-steering wheel" but not actually driving nor piloting in it.
On the other hand all of this disappears with AC, especially if your steering wheel is set up correctly and with some of the extra ffb fx settings enabled in Content manager. It gives me a genuine sensation of true to life "crafted physics" handling-playability, convincing me that I am the one in control, and with just that i can get fully satiated.
Now to replicate your affirmation that AC is useless for Off-road and gravel surface rally racing, I would say that, this statement is as relevant as claiming that AC is useless for night and rain racing, as if they never heard of CM and Sol . therefore my only option is to suggest you to download this gravel tyre mod, make sure to get the second, and not the latest one which as one comment says is more appropriate like for snow/ice racing
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gravel-tyres-physics.34752/
In addition you can eventually install this dirt skin for Fonteny track and get back to me afterwards with your opinion
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dirty-old-town.41531/

because maybe that and the 2020 acfsk rsr which is totally not made by me are either old base or not finished yet?

the 2020 porsche RSR works well now I have activated a box in the content manager (custom shader patch) but the Porsche 911 RSR GTLM by The Rollovers (american endurance pack 5.0) the mirrors do not work I think not compatible with the new versions CSP certainly

Last edited:
is there a way to control the volume of individual sounds in a bank file of a car, I have a car that sounds like the bedsprings in a hookers motel on a payday friday.. Damn thing had me starting to pull my rig apart to find out what was coming loose ;)

I figured out you can just comment out the sound itself in the GUIDs.txt but im sure that the sound was added as a legitimate noise the car makes perhaps. Id like to tone it down to about 10% of the volume its at now

Last edited:
is there a way to control the volume of individual sounds in a bank file of a car, I have a car that sounds like the bedsprings in a hookers motel on a payday friday.. Damn thing had me starting to pull my rig apart to find out what was coming loose ;)

I figured out you can just comment out the sound itself in the GUIDs.txt but im sure that the sound was added as a legitimate noise the car makes perhaps. Id like to tone it down to about 10% of the volume its at now
Here mate:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1773#post-13253688

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back