Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,700 comments
It's just I don't understand why wuld someone go into decrypting stuff knowing it will only cause a mess.

If you don't support encryption is fine, the "public part" of the mod, not made by the author (the original 3d model) is avaliable to everyone so everyone can technically do the same mod with the same skills.

So why would you want to decrypt one already made? One could just refuse to install them if he's against them or make new ones starting from the models and then not encrypt them.

I'm just saying that it won't bring anything good but it's not in my hands so... We'll see what happens and how many good mods will be released in the future
I'm not convinced blanket decryption will ever happen, but if it does, Ilja might update the code to thwart it I guess?
If it does happen then it'll be interesting to see how output is affected. I don't suppose it'll affect mid-low tier mods as a lot of those seem to be quick attention grabs with little emphasis on quality, but maybe more higher end mods will be kept private or released as paymods... but that's a trend that's increased during encryption anyway.
I think it's a shame that keys seem to be given to anyone who asks for one rather than to mods that actually deserve them. There seems to be no barrier to entry, no minimum bar and no QC, so mods with frustratingly basic errors are getting hard locked as broken and the modders often cannot be bothered to fix them. Some potentially very nice cars are often left unuseable because of this whereas before encryption it was relatively simple to improve them.
I see tracks are now geting encrypted too, so everyone can soon look forward to bright white tarmac and lime green trees because the modder wears tinted contact lenses or has wanked himself blind.

there is NO decrypton at all right now, just a reasonably simple process (15 minutes or so) using tools and a helper script that gets all the meshes and textures and empties into Blender and ready to recreate the car, even able to re-use its own data if required i think (im not a car guy), but, you DO still need to know how to get a car into AC.. which I certainly do not. Pretty much the same as ripping models from any other game, there is still some work to be done, its jstu a lot closer because you can re-use some work from the original car. I imagine a bitwise examination of the encrypted mesh (XYZN) versus the source mesh can be used to reverese engineer a key no doubt, but, I have no interest in chasing that down for a $17 game ;) and i suspect it would only provide a key to that specific modders stuff anyhow.

For me its just academic, because it seemed like a fun thing to do.. and maybe..
worldburn-top.jpg

or has wanked himself blind.
I resemble that comment... ;)

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that it's more effort to decrypt them than to actually learn how to make them, some of those mods are a 1/2 days work really.

On another note, do you know if a release date for CyclesX on release blender builds was announced?

nope, ive gone sideways on blender cycles for now, im fighting with McNeel to build a procedural render pipeline for cycles in their implimentation (they already have grasshopper that can handle it..) Messy.. you think gamers and modders get pissy, you wait to till you start telling devs they need to up their ante ;)

Cameraman position available...

[humour] There's been yet another incident whilst bringing home entertainment and joy to the motorsport sim-racing fans all over the world... Further WIP works are now on hold indefinitely, until the Motorsport safety body conducts a full incident investigation... To that effect (a severed head), a position has become available (low wages & at your own risk), potential candidates to inquire within...

The fictitious incident unfolded whilst reviewing a 'track day' event and was just looking for potential camera positions to further enhance the replay-cams... It's another reminder that nobody is entirely safe anywhere these days... Note: nobody was actually hurt in the process... enjoy the Vid

Last edited:
Encrypted or not, scratch-made or ripped....at least one thing starts from scratch here over and over again, and thats for sure: the encryption debate. I wonder why you guys are so toxic about this? For myself I don´t give a shice if it is encrypted or not. If I like to have the car in my collection I keep it and I drive it, no matter if encrypted or not. Which influence does this have on the car´s behaviour? If the physics are crap, the encryption won´t make it better or worse (and I admit I simply don´t have the spare time and / or knowledge to edit the physics of a car afterwards). At least everyone who is complaining about an encrypted mod got that for free, or not? So where is the problem exactly? And our good modders, which are only a few (can count them on 1 hand) don´t encrypt their cars (so it is for A3DR, VRC and RSS).

So that´s my 2 cents here, you may now start to fight me. * Mortal Kombat theme song playing *

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Lancer GT-500 (V7)
changes: New physics, new AO map (not perfect I know), stickers on the carbon area
two new skins, some micro changes on the body, a new dashboard speedometer, Racelogic and Lumirank
broken glass (for no reason), rain tires
animation: wipers
Delete the previous one the (V6)
P.S as the car is not in real life I have changed some part (from random cars ) as the physics I don't know if is good
I Don't own a GT500 car or drive one
Download:https://sharemods.com/8ooznljett12/mitsubishi_lancer_gt500__40_v7__41_.rar.html
MIBxfpgl.jpg

View attachment 1007203

scirocco_gc10_v6
After driving this mod and having a bunch of fun with it, I made a number of skins for it, experimenting along the way, sort of trial and error on things... and as @Fanapryde had pointed out, the numbers on the glass wasn't working and became a point of frustration. So last night I decided to fix it and made numberplates for these skins and adjusted logos and graphics to accommodate without messing things up too much.
There are a total of 25 skins updated that will overwrite previous versions downloaded. For those who prefer the fix...link below.
https://mega.nz/file/m9pjXQrS#uncilwSArvyMOe38L_w-z7ESs5ah0E1uJpKAMxJDLCY

Hi @Kurt Woods
thanks a lot for your big pack !!!!
is it for V6 or V8 because I have 2 versions and we can find just v8 version on Assettoland website ?
- scirocco_gc10_v6_v2.0 + your skins pack (25 skins)
assetto-DB : http://assetto-db.com/car/scirocco_gc10_v6
- scirocco_gc10_v8 by Assettoland updated byApexxer + a skins pack v1 (7 skins)
Assettoland : https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volkswagen
your skin pack work fine with the v6 version

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Encrypted or not, scratch-made or ripped....at least one thing starts from scratch here over and over again, and thats for sure: the encryption debate. I wonder why you guys are so toxic about this? For myself I don´t give a shice if it is encrypted or not. If I like to have the car in my collection I keep it and I drive it, no matter if encrypted or not. Which influence does this have on the car´s behaviour? If the physics are crap, the encryption won´t make it better or worse (and I admit I simply don´t have the spare time and / or knowledge to edit the physics of a car afterwards). At least everyone who is complaining about an encrypted mod got that for free, or not? So where is the problem exactly? And our good modders, which are only a few (can count them on 1 hand) don´t encrypt their cars (so it is for A3DR, VRC and RSS).

So that´s my 2 cents here, you may now start to fight me. * Mortal Kombat theme song playing *
Well, encryption can lock something as stupid as a Bruce Lee shifting animation (or something as critical as a single physics typo) to an otherwise-fine car.
So something that would normally take a minute to fix is now hard-locked into the car, rendering it unuseable.
Therein lies the problem, since you asked so nicely.
:)

Last edited:
Hi,
is it for V6 or V8 because I have 2 versions and we can find just v8 version on Assettoland website ?

View attachment 1007509

a few months ago, I published some scirocco that I had modified in physics and I inserted the real engines present in the cars a nissan v6 of the 370z and a corvette v8 also replacing the sound, I also removed tcr and abs not present in the real one, I would say to this point of making a complete package of skins, also I would propose if anyone has any I want to improve the textures and shaders a bit, the machine in the v6 version is very versatile and easy to use, in the v6 configuration it is (obviously) much more nervous because of the great power at the rear and the short wheelbase

VRC, RSS mods ? Or the aphigod / A3DR Subie on RD.

How are the mod you mention encrypted, I have those and I cannot see any difference with an un encrypted mod.
The only annoyingly encrypted mod I have ever come across are not from modders, they are from people converting from other games.
Encrypting is not a badge of honor it is a mark of shame.
Everyone can do what they wants, encrypt don't encrypt, I don't care, but let's call a spade a spade.

But is it only on my side that the idle revs stay at about 4500 rpm ?

Not just you, not always but there is something funky going on with the revs in that car.

Last edited:
Well, encryption can lock something as stupid as a Bruce Lee shifting animation (or something as critical as a single physics typo) to an otherwise-fine car.
So something that would normally take a minute to fix is now hard-locked into the car, rendering it unuseable.

Hmm, good point (at least one that I can agree to). But in such a case I would use the hood cam if I couldn´t stand the animation. I am a little bit relaxed in that point. 👍

Well actuallly it is split by two kinds of modders, those who encrypt scratch made models of their own deserve a badge of honor naturally since they protect a work of their own they made which obviously took them lots and lots of time. While those who encrypt models converted from other games instead deserve a mark of shame, especially since they don't really seem to bother fixing them that much after releasing them, even when some tend to criticize about a bad thing or two about them.

I would also consider encrypting scratch made models of mine whenever I will learn about modeling in the future, but for now there's a modeler friend of mine who's working on a JDM unicorn car which only got featured in Gran Turismo 2 which I personally requested him to model for me and put it in Assetto Corsa naturally. that one will be encrypted of course after I'll add my own touches to it as well as from other modders who could make animations and refractive headlights for it hopefully, but I also want to make it visible in showroom, instead of making it all blue crystalized or pop-up an error message saying that encryption model isn't supported...

F1 2021 TIME AGAIN
GP de Portugal (ALGARVE INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT) Portimao

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fg5lhvr8uzuvg9s/algarve+skin+2021.rar/file

This skin has only had a few touch ups so far from last years version. Consider it early access..lol ready for the weekend.
When I see the final sponsor layout from TV footage I'll correct things to match as best I can. For now I'm happy with re-surfaced tarmac, run offs and new curb paint.
View attachment 1007139 View attachment 1007140 View attachment 1007141 View attachment 1007142
View attachment 1007150

If you don't have this version of the track (re-boot v9.1) you can get it here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wkbmuohjedce1tb/algarve.rar/file
thanks man! is this skin compatible also with zw_algarve track (a zeiss update of algarve reboot) like your skin of last year?
edit: yes it is and it s amazing!

Last edited:
That'll be the engine braking adjustability, it works by having minimum throttle some percentage above zero.
Still strange that it does that for you, but try adding one or two clicks to Engine Brake in setup.
Nope, didn't help. Idle stays high...
I read a few messages here that other guys have the same issue with this.

Hi @Kurt Woods
thanks a lot for your big pack !!!!
assetto-DB : http://assetto-db.com/car/scirocco_gc10_v6
Assettoland : https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volkswagen

View attachment 1007509
The skins will work with either mods, from what I can tell they are the same. I have both and the templates are exactly the same, so it shouldn't matter.
I first downloaded the Assettoland v8 mod unaware of the v6 version, however in game the Assettoland v8 mod shows as a v6, so it may be an
error by the webmaster posting it. Regardless, Ive enjoyed the car, for my rig and skills it's a lot of fun to race, however I've been spending more time skinning than racing these past few days.

Last edited:

If someone is locking bruce lee shifting animations in their car there's a 95% chance that the mod is garbage anyway.

The skins will work with either mods, from what I can tell they are the same. I have both and the templates are exactly the same, so it shouldn't matter.
I first downloaded the Assettoland v8 mod unaware of the v6 version, however in game the Assettoland v8 mod shows as a v6, so it may be an
error by the webmaster posting it. Regardless, Ive enjoyed the car, for my rig and skills it's a lot of fun to race, however I've been spending more time skinning than racing these past few days.

thank you for all these details, with your skins it is now possible to create a championship with the CM.
I can see v6 = 500bhp-520Nm and v8 500bhp-520Nm
but the sound and driving is much better with the Assettoland version (v8)

Last edited:
Lack of Imaginary Property lead to 'Miscellaneous Minutiae'

Encryption leads to one giant Cluster Juck of a Circle Ferk.

Btw love your Mercedes transporter.
How are the mod you mention encrypted, I have those and I cannot see any difference with an un encrypted mod.
The only annoyingly encrypted mod I have ever come across are not from modders, they are from people converting from other games.
Everyone can do what they wants, encrypt don't encrypt, I don't care, but let's call a spade a spade.

Not just you, not always but there is something funky going on with the revs in that car.

**** misread that one. Thought he asked for non encrypted and scratch made mods ahha. Oh

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back