Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
@GzeroD

Great job on the new kart. Best one for AC yet.
Any chance of moving the driver model just a 'smidge' to the left so that the hands line up with the wheel properly? It's just slightly off at the moment, and it triggers my OCD :D

@Fanapryde and anyone else who has driven Karts in real life, and everyone else besides. Please give my Karts another spin as I may have had a breakthrough with convincing AC physics to behave similar to a Kart's.

Forgot to add, please use a 'proper' track to test on. These Karts, as in real life, have no suspension except for chassis flex and tyres, so running them on tracks without a physics mesh for the road is a real thumb breaker. Tor Poznań, Hundisoo, or Cockburn are nice tracks to test on.
I will be on it as soon as my right foot is OK again...;)

Last edited:
@GzeroD

Great job on the new kart. Best one for AC yet.
Any chance of moving the driver model just a 'smidge' to the left so that the hands line up with the wheel properly? It's just slightly off at the moment, and it triggers my OCD :D

Picture or it didn't happen! /kidding

Which Kart? Doing lots of little updates everyday.

Ha. Spotted @ Bannochnbrae.. someone is a trinity fan!

View attachment 1009448
91+TDGtjHnL._RI_.jpg
Bump...

Anyways, theres not any tracks from Ridge Racer ported to AC, we had one car [or two if you could count the other car which is just a port from a mobile game [not the Ridge Racer mobile game that no one wanted]].

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
Reboot Team striked again on 2 new fantastic tracks, with Triple A quality. I am speechless. Congratulations to everyone involved!
THANK YOU!

---------
Something to High Force v0.1 by Brun:
Here is a very fast GrassFX copy over, from glensheil grassfx to highforce.
Delete ".txt" from the file and copy zip files into "extension" folder of the track.
So nothing special.
I copied my stuff into the config from alekabul, which also has RainFX.
Because i found no new configs.
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_highforce_8-4-121-13-5-21.png

Traffic layout is here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...r-high-force-seasons_water_grass_wetfx.30677/
thanks to alekabul!!

Is there a RACE layout anywhere? :confused:
Or other updates to this fantastic but unfinished track?

Attachments

• highforce-extension_v2.zip.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Great work on the car. If I may suggest changing the driver to the driver_23 model. It seems more appropriate imo... ;)

View attachment 1009653
that's right but i don't find how to do it, i thought it is in skins/name_of_the_skin/skin.ini

In skin.ini, i replace 60's driver by the 23's driver:

[driver_23]
SUIT=\plain\white
GLOVES=\gloves_1923\black
HELMET=\helmet_1923\black

but it doesn't change the driver in game or in showroom, i really don't understand, if you can help me :)

that's right but i don't find how to do it, i thought it is in skins/name_of_the_skin/skin.ini

In skin.ini, i replace 60's driver by the 23's driver:

[driver_23]
SUIT=\plain\white
GLOVES=\gloves_1923\black
HELMET=\helmet_1923\black

but it doesn't change the driver in game or in showroom, i really don't understand, if you can help me :)
In data folder > driver3d.ini
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_23

I was struggling too, but @Masscot helped me...

Last edited:

Thanks a lot for the skins, really awesome!
Thanks for your feedback, I watch a lot of video footage, modern and old, read a lot on driver feedback of the last car they could drive, and i try to respect what seemed characteristic of the car: the fact you can loose the rear when you put on the gas in the curves, the trend to oversteer also.

In data folder > driver3d.ini
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_23

I was truggling too, but @Masscot helped me...
AH! :)
Thanks a lot, and thank to mascot too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
AH! :)
Thanks a lot, and thank to mascot too :)
Quote from Masscot:
"The skin.ini in the skin folder is there to override the default skin for that driver. If there's no skin.ini and no suit/glove/helmet dds files in the skin folder, then the driver will be in the default gear (eg the white Sparco stuff for most modern drivers, different stuff for different eras)"

Quote from Masscot:
"The skin.ini in the skin folder is there to override the default skin for that driver. If there's no skin.ini and no suit/glove/helmet dds files in the skin folder, then the driver will be in the default gear (eg the white Sparco stuff for most modern drivers, different stuff for different eras)"
Oh, there is another thing I want to change and that I cannot do, by default, when you launch a race, the car got modern tyre, so I go in the set up menu in game and change tyre to historical ones, I would like that when you launch the game, that the tyres would be historic ones not the modern ones, both are in the tyres.ini in data, if you know how to do that, thank in advance

BK Studio cars don't work at the latest csp preview. Encryption is the cause i think.
okay did not know this thanks

Big thanks RebootTeam. Three great releases over three weeks! Brilliant. :cheers:

It's a current known CSP bug (depending on what version you're running). Only affects a small number of cars and it will probably get sorted in some future update I imagine.
latest version csp 0.1.74.98

Hi, guys!
Can anyone please make a layout update to Barcelona GP track according to 2021?
It´s a mixed version of the GP and MotoGP versions. The 2021 GP version uses the MotoGP turn 10.

@Fanapryde and anyone else who has driven Karts in real life, and everyone else besides. Please give my Karts another spin as I may have had a breakthrough with convincing AC physics to behave similar to a Kart's.

Forgot to add, please use a 'proper' track to test on. These Karts, as in real life, have no suspension except for chassis flex and tyres, so running them on tracks without a physics mesh for the road is a real thumb breaker. Tor Poznań, Hundisoo, or Cockburn are nice tracks to test on.

on the karts that I was able to drive, low in the rpm, there was much less acceleration, it was much slower, taking a long time to gain speed.
The acceleration,you start to get it quite high in the rpm, there was a kind of inertia, you press the pedal, it does not advance, you go up in speed and suddenly it grows and you got the kick.
So you must not brake too much to not lose speed, if you brake too much, then it take a long long time to gain speed and everyone is far away.
hope it means something in english :)
But in this state, it feels already like a kart, really good job, thank a lot!

Oh, there is another thing I want to change and that I cannot do, by default, when you launch a race, the car got modern tyre, so I go in the set up menu in game and change tyre to historical ones, I would like that when you launch the game, that the tyres would be historic ones not the modern ones, both are in the tyres.ini in data, if you know how to do that, thank in advance
It ok now, find how to do that, in tyres.ini:

[FRONT] and [REAR] are for the default set of tyres, the ones you got when you start a race, and [FRONT_1] and [REAR_1] are for the second set of tyres, the ones you must change and choose in the set up menu in game, now it is fixed

Hi, guys!
Can anyone please make a layout update to Barcelona GP track according to 2021?
It´s a mixed version of the GP and MotoGP versions. The 2021 GP version uses the MotoGP turn 10.
Im pretty sure this is right, though i believe there has been some subtle changes to the corner in relation too camber etc

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back