Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,707 comments
check first that you do not have these errors in the circuit, for example see this

20210526143721-1.jpg

Look at what a circuit limit configuration disaster, this is what to avoid is the first step to have a functional AI.

I guess this circuit was not designed to run against AI and therefore it is not '' clean ''.

Another thing about Ai's behavior, it is much better to draw a line with a wide car and without adjusting too much, you can also draw the line at the speed you want, and it is advisable to do it slowly, if you want later the ai can be improved more by creating an aihints file, in that file you can set the speed of the car in a certain area, although I don't know how to do it, I have any ideas.
AI line helper would fix this mess? i'm running the old coffs harbour rf1 its got 5 roundbouts with no issues

This is the new 2021 livery for 'Sophia Florsch' (Floersch) and the Audi R8 LMS EVO (Endurance and Sprint) by 'Barrikad Krew Studio'.

After watching a recent video of Sophia's, I though I might have a crack at creating it in Assetto Corsa... so here it is.

The livery is 95% identical, and I have attempted to get it as close to the IRL vehicle as possible... eg one difference is the door numbers, due to AC model constraints.

Race Department download -> https://www.racedepartment.com/down...021-audi-r8-lms-evo-dtm-livery.42813/download
Share Mods download -> https://sharemods.com/oqobvy643ven/bk_audi_r8_lms_2019-sophia_florsch_99_livery.zip.html

Below is what the livery looks like (sprint version shown). The only differences between the sprint and the endurance version is the roof lighting strips (CSP).

screenshot_bk_audi_r8_lms_2019_sprint_rt_autodrom_most_26-4-121-20-47-39-jpg.477300

screenshot_bk_audi_r8_lms_2019_sprint_rt_autodrom_most_26-4-121-20-47-49-jpg.477301

screenshot_bk_audi_r8_lms_2019_sprint_rt_autodrom_most_26-4-121-20-47-55-jpg.477302

Cheers,​

soulkobk

Last edited:
Another "fake" car for the Formula 750 kg from 1934. We don't have the Mercedes-Benz W25. So, from the Alfa Romeo 1935 by Legion, I made this skin, and changed what was necessary for the car to be recognized.

Attachments

• livery.png
    livery.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 31
  • MercedesW25.fake.jpg
    MercedesW25.fake.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 28
  • MercedesW25.fake2.jpg
    MercedesW25.fake2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi everyone,
I know, it's not mod related but there are so many AC veterans here, so that's why I'm asking you guys for help. Last night I had my usual AC dose and everything was working perfectly fine. This morning, I tried to start AC (CM, CSP latest preview version and latest public Sol) but the game crashed, stating it can't find the game itself. So I took a look in Steam and it turned out that AC isn't installed anymore (it is present in my library but I can't start it - since it's not installed). I literally didn't do anything since my night session (well, I was sleeping...). I looked at the game folders and files and everything seems good and sound. I don't get it.

Have this happened to any of you? If so, what was the solution?

Obviously, I can simply reinstall AC in place of the current installation but if there's a simpler solution, I'd choose that one instead of possibly messing up my current game.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
I know, it's not mod related but there are so many AC veterans here, so that's why I'm asking you guys for help. Last night I had my usual AC dose and everything was working perfectly fine. This morning, I tried to start AC (CM, CSP latest preview version and latest public Sol) but the game crashed, stating it can't find the game itself. So I took a look in Steam and it turned out that AC isn't installed anymore (it is present in my library but I can't start it - since it's not installed). I literally didn't do anything since my night session (well, I was sleeping...). I looked at the game folders and files and everything seems good and sound. I don't get it.

Have this happened to any of you? If so, what was the solution?

Obviously, I can simply reinstall AC in place of the current installation but if there's a simpler solution, I'd choose that one instead of possibly messing up my current game.

Thanks in advance!
Hi check how much space you have on your AC root folder as it won’t complete the AC steam update if there is not enough and gets stuck in a temp download/install circle. This happened to me and I had to free up 10Gb space to allow it to complete. Hope that helps

Last edited:
check first that you do not have these errors in the circuit, for example see this

20210526143721-1.jpg

Look at what a circuit limit configuration disaster, this is what to avoid is the first step to have a functional AI.

I guess this circuit was not designed to run against AI and therefore it is not '' clean ''.

Another thing about Ai's behavior, it is much better to draw a line with a wide car and without adjusting too much, you can also draw the line at the speed you want, and it is advisable to do it slowly, if you want later the ai can be improved more by creating an aihints file, in that file you can set the speed of the car in a certain area, although I don't know how to do it, I have any ideas.

This is a strange version of Pudsey, you have here. Mine has completly fine track limits and racing against the AI is no problem at all. There are a lot of Youtube videos of AI racing on this track too.

upload_2021-5-27_9-34-48.png

From what I can gather from Google and other sites, it was a test track, but the game track creator may have taken liberties and made a somewhat semi fictional circuit. maybe someone who resides much closer than I, or is more knowledgeable about this would know.
Looks like an rFactor track originally.

View attachment 1013349

Thats cool man, no worries.:)

The Magna test track is real life and in operation. Check here: https://engineering.mpt.magna.com/testing-services/proving-ground/?L=0

upload_2021-5-27_9-47-44.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
Would anyone know where I can find the invisible driver model used by the Koro Cue cars? I've considered just using the disembodied helmet from the F1 one but invisible would be ideal.

Last edited:
The latest _Sol update is amazing, but I can't find a ppf that can play a 24h race well, I am forced to use a different ppf in the morning and another at night, and configure the track by track lighting.

The problem with modern games is lighting, in dark areas you can't see anything at all.

By the way, it had a ppf that made the moonlight illuminate a lot, and so if you could do 100% playable night races, but it does not work with the new _Sol
The real problem is the monitor industry. Even HDR1000 is not enough if you really want full realism with lighting

The latest _Sol update is amazing, but I can't find a ppf that can play a 24h race well, I am forced to use a different ppf in the morning and another at night, and configure the track by track lighting.

The problem with modern games is lighting, in dark areas you can't see anything at all.

By the way, it had a ppf that made the moonlight illuminate a lot, and so if you could do 100% playable night races, but it does not work with the new _Sol
Just read this. I made a new update for Solstice, maybe it's up your alley:
DISCLAIMER: Graphics mods, ReShade presets and PPFilters are always a matter of taste. I'm not saying this is the best mod out there, but I personally like my settings more than anything available.

screenshotavr500r2021orj95.png

screenshotddmporsche9t4jqr.png

Anyway, this is Solstice, my personal enhancement for Sol and the Custom Shaders Patch. Its origins come from my Project CARMEN graphics mod, but since things like weather and particle effects are now controlled from Sol and the CSP, it didn't make sense to downgrade that mod.

Solstice consists of these things:

A ReShade preset, a PP-filter, a Sol config and tweaked spark effects.

I'm also still tinkering around with it, but I also don't plan daily updates.... so don't worry that you have to download it again and again all the time.

*cough* well I try my best...

screenshotfiat805rennw0kj7.png

screenshotvoisinc6labcwj9w.png

screenshotvrc2009will0gjlm.png

Note: Backup the files in the install locations, so you can revert if you don't like the results. Every file is needed to get the desired effect and everything works hand in hand. This mod needs the Custom Shaders Patch & Sol.

This mod is tested with CSP v0.1.75x & Sol 2.1.

If you get an overexposed image with Sol 1.5+:

Open the PP filter app, switch to any non Sol filter and back to Solstice.

Install: Delete the previous version's files and ALL OTHER ReShade files/folders (incl. the dxgi.ini)!

Drop the "assettocorsa" folder into X>Steam>steamapps>common and overwrite everything. Drop the "Documents" wherever your usual "Documents" folder is located and do the same.

The ReShade preset will cost you some frames. You can toggle it on and off with the X key, open its settings with Y, reload its settings with C and take a screenshot with Q.

screenshotksporsche91d5j98.png

screenshotksrufrt12rmyejn5.png

Hope you enjoy it!

screenshotkslamborghivrka0.png
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/solstice.25136/

Cant wait haha

@mrtomcat66

I think the version I have of Pudsey is a first extraction, if I remember correctly it comes from the trippteamserver. I'm doing ai lines on the tracks that they don't have, and I didn't even remember that I had pudsey, and it's a great track.

Can you share that version of Pudsey please, or do you have a link?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back