Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,719 comments
Why even? :lol:
We'll get a 488 GT3 Evo from Kunos within the next several days for the Ferrari Esports Series anyways. :cheers:
the EVO version not release yet so where he download the EVO Kunos version ???? I don't have yet my EVO Kunos the Ferrari Esports Series :lol:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great gutbomb... but something is seriously eating my FPS, which dips and dives all over place (64fps sitting in the pits, then 100fps for a bit, then suddenly down to 54, then continually up and down like a mad woman's breakfast throughout the lap, etc). Anyone else?

(P.S. On most tracks I get anywhere from 90 to north of 140fps with my setup and settings.)

Yeah I was worried about this. I have a 9900k and a 3080 and I tested in VR and on a 4K monitor and was above 100FPS all the time so I thought it was fine, but didn’t have lower end hardware to test on, unfortunately. Like @Mitch9 said it could be the 16k ground texture. Other culprits might be the 3D crowd models I’m using, or the fact that all of the textures are dds except one which I kept as PNG. Race Track Builder uses a huge texture as the base, and it’s a PNG, and then it uses another texture as a mask map for where you can fine tune the details on that background texture. Usually I convert both to DDS but when I converted the mask map to DDS it made really ugly blocks (compression artifacts) so I left it as a PNG where these didn’t show up. Also the file size as PNG is about 4MB while the compressed (lol) DDS was 65MB. I did still convert the giant base texture to DDS. The PNG was 500MB while the DDS is 260ish MB.

I’m going to put together a skin package that replaces the huge 16k texture with an 8k one, and replaces the mask map with a DDS as well and send that over to you and see if that improves the performance, and if it does I’ll issue an update. I don’t think we will lose much detail by switching from 16k to 8k (8k is what I usually use) so I’ll get to putting that together sometime today.

In order to test if it’s the crowds can you go into content manager, go to settings->custom shaders patch->track adjustments and check the box that says something about turning off the crowds? This might fix that issue for you, but maybe not. This was the first track that I’ve built myself that has crowds in it (fake crowds are so hard to get right and not look weird) and I’m not in love with the ones I used here.

Thanks for giving this track some TLC. It looks massively better than the one I had installed (which was way too wide and very heavy on my system). This track is much closer to RL, but sadly I'm in the same boat, performance wise. I get an AVG of 89.9 FPS alone on track, so racing in a pack will probably not go well (didn't try yet though).

In order to test if it’s the crowds can you go into content manager, go to settings->custom shaders patch->track adjustments and check the box that says something about turning off the crowds? This might fix that issue for you, but maybe not. This was the first track that I’ve built myself that has crowds in it (fake crowds are so hard to get right and not look weird) and I’m not in love with the ones I used here.

Crowds are hard, I think the ones you used look alright though. Will test without those later.
I've seen a couple of other tracks with 16k background textures, they both affected my fps similarly but I don't know if they were using png or dds files...

Last edited:
Looks great gutbomb... but something is seriously eating my FPS, which dips and dives all over place (64fps sitting in the pits, then 100fps for a bit, then suddenly down to 54, then continually up and down like a mad woman's breakfast throughout the lap, etc). Anyone else?

(P.S. On most tracks I get anywhere from 90 to north of 140fps with my setup and settings.)

It´s probably the 16k background texture (ignore the 30fps, that´s the cap in the settings I was using.)

View attachment 1015924

Thanks for giving this track some TLC. It looks massively better than the one I had installed (which was way too wide and very heavy on my system). This track is much closer to RL, but sadly I'm in the same boat, performance wise. I get an AVG of 89.9 FPS alone on track, so racing in a pack will probably not go well (didn't try yet though).

Crowds are hard, I think the ones you used look alright though. Will test without those later.
I've seen a couple of other tracks with 16k background textures, they both affected my fps similarly but I don't know if they were using png or dds files...

Thanks guys, I've released an update over at racedepartment that replaces the 16k texture with an 8k one, and replaces the one PNG texture with a DDS. Please let me know if this clears up the performance issues! For me, I fluctuate between 125 and 144fps at 4k with a full 16 car grid now, but it was pretty much the same with the old version as well.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-antoine-schmit.43086/

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've released an update over at racedepartment that replaces the 16k texture with an 8k one, and replaces the one PNG texture with a DDS. Please let me know if this clears up the performance issues! For me, I fluctuate between 125 and 144fps at 4k with a full 16 car grid now, but it was pretty much the same with the old version as well.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-antoine-schmit.43086/
New version gives me 92.8 fps AVG (still alone on track). So a gain of almost 3 fps. Better that nothing, but I assumed the impact would have been higher with these changes. ;)

@Breathe and anyone else that wants it...

This is Rainmaker87's Detroit Belle Isle 2017 with EASY's updates. It has Lilski's track mesh from the NAGP version. All stuck together with superglue and bits of sticky tape by me.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gxs3i10nvkauq/detroit2017
Is it normal for mediafire not to allow folder downloads for non-premium users? because I am told I need premium to download folders or multiple files at once (wtf?!)

Is it normal for mediafire not to allow folder downloads for non-premium users? because I am told I need premium to download folders or multiple files at once (wtf?!)
Yeah, strange, I get the same thing. Can't even DL single files for that track...

no I did not forget to encrypt this track, I just ask that you contact me and give me the patch to include in my update, and here you are publishing the modified kn5 without providing it to me. if you do not want me to encrypt my tracks give me the patch and I publish with the name of the person in credits.

I totally back you up on this, although I'm wholeheartdly against encryption, due to the stiffening of modding evolution and the net loss resulting to the mod community at large.

not that I looked, but setting LODS for TSO/trees/3dcrowds would probably gain more fps

Or, to look at it another way, you are getting other people to fix your tracks (for free) and hoping still to get a paypal donation.

These fixes are night and day in the improvements.

Or you can look at it in another light, and realise how the approach you defend leads to confusion, duplicated work, wasted bandwidth, wasted time.
To summ up, a lower quality, inneficient process, as the follow up messages on this make clear.

Working a bit more on the Mini's interior and now have a working sat nav:
unknown.png

Two questions I have that I haven't been able to figure out for the life of me:

1. How do I make the steering wheel pivot at the angle it's at? Right now it pivots on a straight line so it twists and looks weird.
2. How on earth do I make labels and badges properly transparent? I've tried everything, adding a proper alpha channel with the details, different transparency/alpha blend/test modes, etc. but they're *always* opaque and expose the squares they sit on.

RELEASED
BAKU CITY CIRCUIT 2021 Azerbaijan GP
CLOSE AS I CAN GET IT BASED ON PRACTICE FOOTAGE (will keep tweaking over the weekend if I find solutions to some errors)
WAS NOT A BIG FAN OF THIS TRACK BUT HAVING PUT SOME PROPER LAPS IN HAVE GROWN TO LOVE IT.
SKIN BASED ON BAKU_2019 VERSION OF CIRCUIT (no I can't alter turn 8 to new wider alternative)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a07u7anncr6om3i/baku_2019.rar/file

View attachment 1015111 View attachment 1015112 View attachment 1015113 View attachment 1015114 View attachment 1015115 View attachment 1015116 View attachment 1015117 View attachment 1015118 View attachment 1015120 View attachment 1015121 View attachment 1015122 View attachment 1015123 View attachment 1015124 View attachment 1015125 View attachment 1015126
Hi BC, I know we are past this weekends GP, but any final updates on the track? he only real material changes needed are the Pirelli signs on second to last corner leading to the straight.

Thank you

New version gives me 92.8 fps AVG (still alone on track). So a gain of almost 3 fps. Better that nothing, but I assumed the impact would have been higher with these changes. ;)

Oh dang. That sucks. I'll keep poking at it to see what I can do.

not that I looked, but setting LODS for TSO/trees/3dcrowds would probably gain more fps

They are all set to either LOD OUT at 1000 or 2000. Not sure if that's not aggressive enough.

I have some pretty dense forests and out of laziness I just set all of the trees to cast shadows instead of just the ones close to the edge of the forest. Could this be a source of bad frame-rate?

Last edited:
Re-fitting the Seattle track in 2021's road layout - an update... The overhead road has been banished!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-10-51-51.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-10-51-51.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-34-30.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-34-30.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-34-38.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-34-38.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-36-14.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-36-14.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-36-34.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-17-36-34.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-0-26.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-0-26.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-3-25.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-3-25.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-5-1.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-5-1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-6-36.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_seattle_circuit_7-5-121-18-6-36.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 43
FULL TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Ghoults - Horsma Raceway v1.0 by Ghoults for AC 1.16.4

This is a full track, not only an update as always because i had to remove some parts from the original one (see the changelog below)

!!! IMPORTANT !!! It MAY BE a bit heavier on FPS.

- New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX including fix for the trees
- New VAO patches
- New TV Cams (2 Set, 4 FOVs for a total of 8 for all layouts)
- Added TV Cams (full layout by FFF789
- Added the Real Billboard CM Skin by @Masscot
- Removed the wet layouts which are useless now with the CSP wet mod.

Just unzip and copy inside the track folder, BE SURE to delete the previous version if you have it.
ENOJY

DOWNLOAD -> https://sharemods.com/vrtonnt0o6ly/Ghoults_-_Horsma_Raceway_v1.0_by_Ghoults_for_AC_1.16.4.zip.html

View attachment 1015363 View attachment 1015364 View attachment 1015365 View attachment 1015366 View attachment 1015367 View attachment 1015368

Thank you so much for this!!! Horsma really is one of my all time favs for AC. That being said Sir, Im getting shadow flickering on the trees leading to the uphill hairpin on the full layout. I double checked and the original version does not flicker. Can you tell me if i can fix this on my end? TY again.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this!!! Horsma really is one of my all time favs for AC. That being said Sir, Im getting shadow flickering on the trees leading to the uphill hairpin on the full layout. I double checked and the original version does not flicker. Can you tell me if i can fix this on my end? TY again.

To be honest i didn't noticed, maybe is only a thing happen on your side, but i will check this weekend when i will a pc. In the meanwhile, if anyone have idea on what can be the cause, go on with help ;)

To be honest i didn't noticed, maybe is only a thing happen on your side, but i will check this weekend when i will a pc. In the meanwhile, if anyone have idea on what can be the cause, go on with help ;)

The ugly neon-green trees are really distracting, is there also a fix available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back