Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments
you can go and download it on the original thread in assettocorsamods.net, , it is not meant to be private, try it freely!
It Will be a really nice track, a lot of love have been putted into it and it is not finished yet, still WIP. just frustrating to see your work beeing released by some random **** without any credit.
Seriously... all one has to do is link to initial thread and say..

hey some great work on this track by the authors, In this case @maruto and @Brandydo

Last edited by a moderator:
you can go and download it on the original thread in assettocorsamods.net, , it is not meant to be private, try it freely!
It Will be a really nice track, we have been working on it for almost a year now, a lot of love have been putted into it and it is not finished, still WIP. just frustrating to see your work beeing released by some random **** without any credit.
It is obviously going to be a cracker when it is finished. I'm looking forward to seeing the final version :)

It Will be a really nice track, we have been working on it for almost a year now, a lot of love have been putted into it and it is not finished, still WIP. just frustrating to see your work beeing released by some random **** without any credit.
Well, at least you have a source of the “leak.” I’m glad you’re not blaming all of GT Planet.

View attachment 1066481

Grand Prix Trois Rivieres Road Layout 0.3.5

gp3r_trois_rivieres_0.3.5 [Link redacted]

Real unclassy move not crediting the proper content creators, bud. And you know, ask first if this can be reposted. There's probably over 1000 hours of development work into this between myself and Maruto and you couldn't take 2 seconds to a) check if we wanted this further distributed and b) give those who actually DID THE WORK the proper credit they deserve. We chose to circulate it where we did.

Really sours me on making any future development work on it available to a wider audience, before the official release.

Last edited:
Real unclassy move not crediting the proper content creators, bud. And you know, ask first if this can be reposted. There's probably over 1000 hours of development work into this between myself and Maruto and you couldn't take 2 seconds to a) check if we wanted this further distributed and b) give those who actually DID THE WORK the proper credit they deserve. We chose to circulate it where we did.

Really sours me on making any future development work on it available to a wider audience, before the official release.
You wait till 5 people all do new skins and configs for it.............

that's not helping lol... to be fair.. it makes a big difference when the original authors are credited...

Im not the original author of Vancouver and took the time to create a billboard on track to credit the original author who deserves the credit for it existing in AC

Last edited:
Le sigh

Anyways, post has been removed, so there's nothing more to this.

And to @ZombieBoy1978, appreciate the gesture, feel free to follow along the progress at the link Maruto posted.

On a brighter note, some of the buildings in the 0.3.5 release are in progress of being revamped, as I've learned a few things since I initially modeled them. I hope the track pays good homage to Gilles Benoit's rFactor version, an exceptional track for its time.

thanks for releasing our unfinished track for us.

This was not meant to be released now.

thanks for your respect,

please at least don't ask money for it this is not your track.

to everybody else, we have been working on it for a year now... still WIP, at least go and download it from the original thread.
Respect.

All of us are rather busy on a heap of tracks in the background, if anyone wants to run with this extraction of London let me know, ill not be getting any further than the raw extraction and it will probably float forever unfinished or half finished.

Raw extraction from NFS Shift Unleashed 2, all common textures associated and lots of missing TSO's , graffiti, etc missing from other conversions are present in this one.

FBX+DDS's and a Blender file (2.92)
1625874745029.png

1625874529093.png

1625874257346.png

1625874357921.png

1625874948034.png

Last edited:
thanks for releasing our unfinished track for us.

This was not meant to be released now.

thanks for your respect,

please at least don't ask money for it this is not your track.

to everybody else, we have been working on it for a year now... still WIP, at least go and download it from the original thread.
nice to see another modder that uses Rhino for modding.. the new QuadRemesh tool in Rhino 7 makes creating physical roadmeshes really fast and easy!

Im looking for a full grid and track for lemans '66. Anyone know if it exists as a pack download, BOP'd with presets like the NielB stuff?

(yes yes.. I watched Ford vs Ferrari...)

Last edited:
Enjoy your crashes. XD

got a recommended car for it? Ive been stuck in lala land all morning with rf2 bmw m4 class1 car at Bridgehampton and i need a little summing summing to take the edge off ;)

edit: also that car in your clip sounds EXACTLY like the sound from my mavic drones props ;)

Last edited:
I don't really follow any of your logic here.
Firstly, the highest quality mods are NOT necessarily paymods - in fact the exact opposite is often the case, as you neatly proved by your mention of the excellent free mod Bremgarten. There are many, many excellent free mods created by the community for the community, not done as cash-grabs to ostensibly 'reward' someone (in advance) for passionately enjoying their hobby. Isn't sharing that work reward enough by itself? Why must money be demanded first when all of these paymodders undoubtedly have hard drives full of content provided freely by others?
Shoddy mods sometimes gain some mythical status by being hidden behind paywalls, but the modders are soon exposed as money-grabbing shysters when the 'product' turns out to be deeply flawed.
And just because a modder wants money for their car or track does not suddenly give that mod protection against further modification. Paywalls might actually encourage modification and free reuploads as a reaction against greed and against the monetisation of a hobby that still, thankfully, remains largely active thanks to the spirit of sharing rather than cheap cash-grabs.
If you were always intending Alcañiz to be a paymod then fine, admit it. But please don't make out that you're now being forced down that route to protect it against modification.
Do you download and use any free mods provided by others?
Don't you see that your track might be a nice way to give something back?
You are right for parts, coincidence or not, the best tracks and cars that I have are paid.

Yes, it is true that a mod is paid, I do not mean to say that it is good.

But you are completely wrong with Alcañiz, although you have been correct in this `` Don't you see that your track might be a nice way to give something back? ''

Is the conversion that I have done not enough for you? ok, it's a botch, it's fixing something that can't be fixed.

It is not in the AC standards either, but I have done it for the love of art and give something back to the community as you say.

Now if I am doing a job that is going to be of very high quality, my main idea has always been to do three different stages of the circuit, and put one of them in free download.

Actually what I was going to do was form the track and the environment and build a quick track using the objects from the old track, while I model the final version that by the way I have only been modeling the hospital all week and I'm not there yet. satisfied.

That version assembled with the old objects and the new terrain mapping was the one that I was going to put on free download.

But how am I going to do that? You know that one of the stages (the modern one) had no intention or the idea of doing it, but a person from `` alzañiz experience '' contacted me and offered me to do that specifically for RV and they also made a money offer for their part, which I obviously accepted because I'm not stupid.

Before that contact I was going to go up the track and that's it, there free for everyone.

But these recent events have made me think things through and if it is really worth it for some reason that I cannot understand to give a job for free in which I am going to use a minimum of 400-600 hours.

I am not going to make the mistake of putting free to download a track, so that someone else comes, I step on my job, put it to download for free and endanger my business.

Because you know what Alcañiz has not been the only job that I have been offered to do.

You are right for parts, coincidence or not, the best tracks and cars that I have are paid.

Yes, it is true that a mod is paid, I do not mean to say that it is good.

But you are completely wrong with Alcañiz, although you have been correct in this `` Don't you see that your track might be a nice way to give something back? ''

Is the conversion that I have done not enough for you? ok, it's a botch, it's fixing something that can't be fixed.

It is not in the AC standards either, but I have done it for the love of art and give something back to the community as you say.

Now if I am doing a job that is going to be of very high quality, my main idea has always been to do three different stages of the circuit, and put one of them in free download.

Actually what I was going to do was form the track and the environment and build a quick track using the objects from the old track, while I model the final version that by the way I have only been modeling the hospital all week and I'm not there yet. satisfied.

That version assembled with the old objects and the new terrain mapping was the one that I was going to put on free download.

But how am I going to do that? You know that one of the stages (the modern one) had no intention or the idea of doing it, but a person from `` alzañiz experience '' contacted me and offered me to do that specifically for RV and they also made a money offer for their part, which I obviously accepted because I'm not stupid.

Before that contact I was going to go up the track and that's it, there free for everyone.

But these recent events have made me think things through and if it is really worth it for some reason that I cannot understand to give a job for free in which I am going to use a minimum of 400-600 hours.

I am not going to make the mistake of putting free to download a track, so that someone else comes, I step on my job, put it to download for free and endanger my business.

Because you know what Alcañiz has not been the only job that I have been offered to do.
Are you allowed to sell the track if it's a paid commission for someone else? Won't they own it?
Regardless of the backstory (and this isn't necessarily aimed at you, it's more of a general comment) it always grinds my gears when modders decide they need compensating for their time because it brings into question their original motives. They're either doing it for the fun and pleasure of creating something and freely sharing it (the so-called 'spirit of modding'), or they're doing it for money. If it's the latter and they treat it as a revenue source, then advertise it as such from day one, set up a business, pay tax... or join a developer. Or if it's the middle ground and modders ARE doing it for personal pleasure, as a hobby, and THEN decide they can stick it behind a paywall and milk it for cash (especially after promoting its development on forums with no mention of paywalls)... well, that's kind of shady in my book, especially when they'll happily download and use cars and tracks created and distributed for free by other members of the community. What makes their work more deserving than others, and anyway... why the hell does everything need monetising these days?
The common mantra that "I put XX hundred hours into this so I should be paid for it" is laughable unless the mod was originally created as a paid commission. Modders almost exclusively make stuff because they want to, not as some great hardship because someone is forcing them to do it. And asking for optional donations after the fact (like a lot of modders seem to do) is a lot different from demanding payment in advance, sight unseen.

Last edited:
Very nice Porsche 961 just up on Legion's blog. And it's free too! 😏

EDIT: Due to the extraordinary amount of time it took me to write this post, I'll be starting a Patreon to recoup some money for my efforts. 😇

Last edited:
Are you allowed to sell the track if it's a paid commission for someone else? Won't they own it?
Regardless of the backstory (and this isn't necessarily aimed at you, it's more of a general comment) it always grinds my gears when modders decide they need compensating for their time because it brings into question their original motives. They're either doing it for the fun and pleasure of creating something and freely sharing it (the so-called 'spirit of modding'), or they're doing it for money. If it's the latter and they treat it as a revenue source, then advertise it as such from day one, set up a business, pay tax... or join a developer. Or if it's the middle ground and modders ARE doing it for personal pleasure, as a hobby, and THEN decide they can stick it behind a paywall and milk it for cash (especially after promoting its development on forums with no mention of paywalls)... well, that's kind of shady in my book, especially when they'll happily download and use cars and tracks created and distributed for free by other members of the community. What makes their work more deserving than others, and anyway... why the hell does everything need monetising these days?
The common mantra that "I put XX hundred hours into this so I should be paid for it" is laughable unless the mod was originally created as a paid commission. Modders almost exclusively make stuff because they want to, not as some great hardship because someone is forcing them to do it. And asking for optional donations after the fact (like a lot of modders seem to do) is a lot different from demanding payment in advance, sight unseen.
I get where you are coming from, but if a modder wants to charge something then there isn't much point trying to tell them they are wrong or change their minds.
At the end of the day we most likely by now know the places to go to get paid stuff for free so let them do what they want.

My only thing is that at most it will be £10 and for that you can still rip the hell out of it and use whatever, its hardly being protected by some arbitrary price.
No, this is pure and simple wanting to make money.

Regardless, like with cars, you'd better make sure every single ounce of this track is scratch made, every single piece.... if you want to ask money for it.....
If not, you are simdream.
edit to add this is aimed at the OP, not masscot who i quoted!

Last edited:
@Masscot

"Are you allowed to sell the track if it's a paid commission for someone else? Won't they own it?"

Not really, the contract implies exclusivity because it will also have personalized advertising.

"If it's the latter and they treat it as a revenue source, then advertise it as such from day one"

The stage of the 80s with the objects not modeled by me was going to be free, the other two 60's and modern layouts were not going to be free and I already said this, in fact it is published in RD.

Along the way of development, a business has emerged and this has obviously changed everything.

After seeing how unethical some have, (and I don't mean 'easy' or 'CrisT') I have realized that I cannot upload a free version because two days later I can find anything that annoys my business that has been coming out along the way.

I've been organizing all my cars. Setting the correct manufacturers, removing unnecessary tags etc. and I've noticed all my Maserati's are appearing under the ERA brand. They've got Maserati badge icons and ERA isn't mentioned in the UI files so I'm stumped on this one.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back