Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,216 comments
Thx a lot. But how do I make that only happen on one specific track layout? This way it would still apply to all layouts, right? Or do I put that in the layout.ini?
Place an 'extension' folder in the track-layout folder, with a 'ext_config.ini' file containing the code as advised...

If an extension folder already exists, then add code to the existing 'ext_config.ini' file...

Mercedes CLK DTM 2001 v1.1
Assetto Garage / ACTK
Fix or update:
cameras.ini
car.ini
electronics.ini
flames.ini
lights.ini
tyres.ini
colliders.ini
suspensions.ini
collider.kn5
Add lod
Add wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1335

ag_mercedes_clk_dtm_2001.png
Good work, too bad this one and the Opel Astra DTM-mod are so far off their real specs...

So fired up 1.76 p1.

I lose the nice spot light reflections that 1.69 gives me.
It never loads on track with the pp filter i have in settings.
Saw the dreaded shadow bias again.
AMD resolution sits me in the car to the left and weird FOV....

Some nice stuff in there, but back to 1.69 rain fx and there i will stay now.
Real shame. Obviously many are having no issues, so God knows.

Might just drop back to 1.43 as two others are, just to see what its like.
There was a time i suppose people were happy with the first ever CSP version.

So fired up 1.76 p1.

I don´t think Ilja has ever promised each new version of CSP would be so much better and less buggy than the previous one; hence why he used to mark one as recomended every now and then

Last edited:
An update on the track I'm making : Circuit du Laquais.
I will release it this friday for free on race department. ;-)

You can also see on the channel a reallife vs AC video comparison I posted earlier. ;-)

The track will come out with two identical layout. One for trackdays faithful to the original track and one for racing with pit boxes, vans parked and some track skin with Alpine branding. The short school layout will come later.
Features: Grass FX, AI line, TV cam, 2 layouts, map, works best with SOL and CSP.

Plan to add short layout, night lighting, rain fx, and static cam in the future.
The track features 2018 scenery. I will update the track to 2021 scenery in later version.
The video is shot with a custom Reshade I made to enhanced SOL lighting.

Enjoy :)

Great work! This project exhales quality! Count on me for a serious camtool set!

Hi guys sorry for the question does anyone know is this car (Corvette C1 1960 LM) being made for Assetto Corsa? Apart from the Velos street version , I have found no trace of it.
Thanks for the kind answers View attachment 1068780
Sorry pal, checked everywhere in the ether's that I know of, but can't find any racing versions of it.

May be a good project for you!

Another team finished. Jaguar cars, with their XK120 S, and their respective drivers, and in some sources of information, I found the drivers of cars number 16 and 17 changed, if anyone has a "safe" source, I'll change. This time it was more difficult, the car I had had the rollover protection bar and the driver's position on the left side and spoked wheels. After numerous attempts, I managed to find the problem in the missing textures (they were the wheels of the Chevy Bel-Air I took), and the only solution I could to change the driver's position was to change the steering wheel to the right, but the pedals were left on the left...kkkkk...but that's ok, the car went to the track, it worked, just a small detail that I don't know how to solve, that's several levels above what I know, I'm not even going to try. The colors of the cars I also found in different shades, the number 17 from white to light yellow, the color of the number 16 in some photos seems even darker than the one I put, and the number 15 too. But worth the fun.

Attachments

• livery15.png
    livery15.png
    14 KB · Views: 13
  • P.Clark.and.Haines15.png
    P.Clark.and.Haines15.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Jaguar15.png
    Jaguar15.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 14
  • livery16.png
    livery16.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P.Whitehead.and.Marshall16.png
    P.Whitehead.and.Marshall16.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Jaguar16.png
    Jaguar16.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 12
  • livery17.png
    livery17.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 11
  • L.Johnson.and.Hadley17.png
    L.Johnson.and.Hadley17.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Jaguar17.png
    Jaguar17.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
Another pending project, changing the wheels of some cars, according to the season. It follows the Chevrolet Corvette, version Sebring 1960 and Le Mans 1960. I tried some other things, that is, removing the bumpers, I couldn't, very complicated to separate the parts from each other. I tried to put the wheels of another Corvette or Ford GT40, but it didn't work either, so I was satisfied with the wheels of the Chevy Bel-Air.

Attachments

• LM60.2_B.S.Cunningham.png
    LM60.2_B.S.Cunningham.png
    32 KB · Views: 39
  • LM60.4_CamoradiUSA.png
    LM60.4_CamoradiUSA.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Sebring60.png
    Sebring60.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for that great cams like always nice to see you again :cheers:
Would anyone be able to do some cams for Castle Combe? The ones we have are awful, and the ones on RD aren't great. I've tried working out how to do it but I can't figure it out, its alien to me.
Quick Question before i download this mod. But is the F1 2009 by S**Dream any good. If not is there updates for the mod?
As someone who stupidly bought all of the SD stuff, Don't. Google is your friend to find the original mods...

Last edited:
I don´t think Ilja has ever promised each new version of CSP would be so much better and less buggy than the previous one; hence why he used to mark one as recomended every now and then
And?
I was just mentioning the glaring issues that i faced in 1.76p1.

As some have said and I'm sure its replicated all over, some are sticking on all different CSP's.
I can't help but be tempted to at least try the newest one, so i did.

My choice is to roll back to 1.69 rain fx where i am most comfortable, but i like to fiddle so will most likely drop back to the first ever recommended CSP just to have a look.

The Guerrilla guy just came on to say he was on 1.73 and not latest as they are buggy, consequence of that is the new Guerrilla cars don't work under CSP 1.73 unless i remove the extension folder.

Its a shame, but I am pretty sure Ilja doesn't need this defence force every time someone says anything about CSP... i was simply noting the issues i had with 1.76 as it may at least let someone know that in-between the "I GET 100FPS MORE ON 1.76P1!!!" shills, there are still issues not being addressed.

If i were to be cynical, and its simply an opinion, Ilja got criticism for not doing new CSP for 2 months, went from 10k to 8k a month. Few days later 1.76 comes out and he's back towards 10k a month again... with nothing that was broke in 1.75 fixed really, and some new features with new bugs...

And?
I was just mentioning the glaring issues that i faced in 1.76p1.

As some have said and I'm sure its replicated all over, some are sticking on all different CSP's.
I can't help but be tempted to at least try the newest one, so i did.

My choice is to roll back to 1.69 rain fx where i am most comfortable, but i like to fiddle so will most likely drop back to the first ever recommended CSP just to have a look.

The Guerrilla guy just came on to say he was on 1.73 and not latest as they are buggy, consequence of that is the new Guerrilla cars don't work under CSP 1.73 unless i remove the extension folder.

Its a shame, but I am pretty sure Ilja doesn't need this defence force every time someone says anything about CSP... i was simply noting the issues i had with 1.76 as it may at least let someone know that in-between the "I GET 100FPS MORE ON 1.76P1!!!" shills, there are still issues not being addressed.

If i were to be cynical, and its simply an opinion, Ilja got criticism for not doing new CSP for 2 months, went from 10k to 8k a month. Few days later 1.76 comes out and he's back towards 10k a month again... with nothing that was broke in 1.75 fixed really, and some new features with new bugs...
Maybe what you see as a 'defence force' and 'shills' is just people who are grateful for what CSP has added to Assetto Corsa and who understand it's still in beta development.
There seems to be a lot of disquiet based on the level of Patreon donations, as if people resent Ilja being rewarded for what he's achieving on our behalf. Every donation is discretionary you have to assume that the doners are happy. And donating doesn't guarantee anything except early access to builds and features still heavily WIP.

So fired up 1.76 p1.

For the AMD resolution thing, I had the same bug, enabling GPU scalling helped with it.

Attachments

• RadeonSoftware_J89BMd44oH.png
    RadeonSoftware_J89BMd44oH.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 55
Maybe what you see as a 'defence force' and 'shills' is just people who are grateful for what CSP has added to Assetto Corsa and who understand it's still in beta development.
There seems to be a lot of disquiet based on the level of Patreon donations, as if people resent Ilja being rewarded for what he's achieving on our behalf. Every donation is discretionary you have to assume that the doners are happy. And donating doesn't guarantee anything except early access to builds and features still heavily WIP.
Which is what i said, i gave my opinions on 1.76 p1 after upgrading, i then went back to 1.69 which is my preferred CSP with rain fx.
Then as usual i was jumped on by a poster insinuating i was ungrateful or expecting too much.

I am free to chose whatever CSP i wish and as someone kindly has already done, by highlighting issues, like with the AMD resolution thing, i got a 'fix'.

If i just say "all is well" when i know it isn't, then who does that help?

There is no disquiet from me on patroen money Ilja makes, its simple get 10,000 people to give you just one paltry £1 an month you get 10k.
Not rocket science and at £1 a month i don't think i am owed much in return.

What is ok though IMO is highlighting issues even if its just my end. If that offends anyone, well sorry but just bending over backwards towards anything to do with it including totally changing a stance on EASY just from finding out he tests for ilja is not my thing.

Last edited:
Not much worth having from there imo, but I'm not aware of any virus.

What is being updated ? I have the v0.975 and it looks quite complete...
yep quite... miss the grassFX and some optimization. From my side, is the only track that freezes during loading and freezes my whole computer and after ten minutes of loading screen I'm able to race on

yep quite... miss the grassFX and some optimization. From my side, is the only track that freezes during loading and freezes my whole computer and after ten minutes of loading screen I'm able to race on
Put this extension config into your Leipzig folder, should help you with grassfx. Remove the txt, which should be obvious.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Which is what i said, i gave my opinions on 1.76 p1 after upgrading, i then went back to 1.69 which is my preferred CSP with rain fx.
Then as usual i was jumped on by a poster insinuating i was ungrateful or expecting too much.

I am free to chose whatever CSP i wish and as someone kindly has already done, by highlighting issues, like with the AMD resolution thing, i got a 'fix'.

If i just say "all is well" when i know it isn't, then who does that help?

There is no disquiet from me on patroen money Ilja makes, its simple get 10,000 people to give you just one paltry £1 an month you get 10k.
Not rocket science and at £1 a month i don't think i am owed much in return.

What is ok though IMO is highlighting issues even if its just my end. If that offends anyone, well sorry but just bending over backwards towards anything to do with it including totally changing a stance on EASY just from finding out he tests for ilja is not my thing.
Who's offended? Not me.
You're the one constantly whingeing about it.
You're the one calling people members of a 'defense force' and 'shills' if they don't agree with you.
You're the one who seems to think Ilja works for you.

And what has EASY got to do with any of this? I disagreed with some things he posted and like other stuff he does. It's not ad hominem, unlike your attacks.

Last edited:
I often read a lot of people reporting their problems, but tbh you did sound like you were expecting too much; there´s noth...

If that offends anyone, well sorry but just bending over backwards towards anything to do with it including totally changing a stance on EASY just from finding out he tests for ilja is not my thing.
...nevermind 🤣🤣🤣

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back