- 780

- United States
Excellent! I owned the #2 Corvette originally owned by millionaire sportsman, Briggs Cunningham, one of the first three Corvettes ever to grace the Circuit de la Sarthe (the others were #1 and #3). After the race, the #2 car was sold to Bill Frick (the inventor of the Fordillac) and later, to me. It is now owned by the billionaire real estate mogul Bruce Meyer (not to be confused with another friend of mine, Bruce Meyers, of dune buggy fame) and is on loan to the Petersen Museum in L.A. I wrote a piece about the car in the April 6, 2012 issue of Sports Car Digest. The remains of the #1 car were recently unearthed, and the #3 car is, I believe, owned by Chip Miller, the entrepreneur behind all those make-n'-model 'events' at Carlisle, PA. If you want me to confirm or deny anything about the #2,car, I'm here to help.Another pending project, changing the wheels of some cars, according to the season. It follows the Chevrolet Corvette, version Sebring 1960 and Le Mans 1960. I tried some other things, that is, removing the bumpers, I couldn't, very complicated to separate the parts from each other. I tried to put the wheels of another Corvette or Ford GT40, but it didn't work either, so I was satisfied with the wheels of the Chevy Bel-Air.
Last edited: