Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
An update on the track I'm making : Circuit du Laquais.
I will release it this friday for free on race department. ;-)

You can also see on the channel a reallife vs AC video comparison I posted earlier. ;-)

The track will come out with two identical layout. One for trackdays faithful to the original track and one for racing with pit boxes, vans parked and some track skin with Alpine branding. The short school layout will come later.
Features: Grass FX, AI line, TV cam, 2 layouts, map, works best with SOL and CSP.

Plan to add short layout, night lighting, rain fx, and static cam in the future.
The track features 2018 scenery. I will update the track to 2021 scenery in later version.
The video is shot with a custom Reshade I made to enhanced SOL lighting.

Enjoy :)

You can also see on the channel a reallife vs AC video comparison I posted earlier. ;-)

The track will come out with two identical layout. One for trackdays faithful to the original track and one for racing with pit boxes, vans parked and some track skin with Alpine branding. The short school layout will come later.
Features: Grass FX, AI line, TV cam, 2 layouts, map, works best with SOL and CSP.

Plan to add short layout, night lighting, rain fx, and static cam in the future.
The track features 2018 scenery. I will update the track to 2021 scenery in later version.

I was wondering how this was progressing. Looks fantastic!

I had pretty much given up on the IER P13c (in previous CSP versions the car would randomly cutout/stop responding to inputs - seemingly associated with bumping a kerb or similar), and in 0.1.66 I couldn't even start a session. This morning I did some messing around, unpacked the data in CM and edited the car.ini header to say "VERSION=extended-2 ;" (instead of extended-1). Now the car works with no issues. I'm not sure if this has messed with the physics (it has been so long since I've driven it I have no real point of comparison), but it feels good on track, and the suspension overlay looks good to me.

Worth a try if you've been having a hard time getting the IER P13c working!
Can you tell me exactly where to find the car.ini file? I can't figure it out

another master piece

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece yet... ^^
But i did my best
work.jpg

Hello everyone) Has anyone tried to run this mod from IER, has anyone had a similar error? I throw all files, except for those for CSP
I'm not sure if this is related to your issue, and I haven't tested the mod recently with the newest CM (I will this morning), but I know if you use CM to "analyze" the mod and change anything, it will break the physics. It breaks them so bad that the car is undriveable and you have to carefully reinstall the mod to fix it.

I'm not sure if this is related to your issue, and I haven't tested the mod recently with the newest CM (I will this morning), but I know if you use CM to "analyze" the mod and change anything, it will break the physics. It breaks them so bad that the car is undriveable and you have to carefully reinstall the mod to fix it.
I just tried reinstalling it. But I added only the folder with the machine itself. I didn't touch any of the others. And everything started

This should be done with later versions of CSP. Not sure if it’s only patreon version though. Will check later 👍
Yes, it's part of RainFX, but when I choose the visual wet tires, the texture won't load up. I've never successfully gotten it to work on any mod.

Still on CM 0.8.1976.36095 and CSP 0.1.46 / Sol 1.4. Not had any unexplained crashes or bugs in as long as I can remember, only stuff that doesn't work is newer encrypted stuff, which is no great loss. To my knowledge, the memory leak in CM hasn't been addressed in any of the updates and that's the only feature that would motivate me to change (even that can be mitigated with regular program restarts), aside from that it does everything I could reasonably expect of it.
Can't argue with that. I am about to try 1.76 p1, keep putting it off. And i may dare to update to a newer CM....maybe.

Still on CM 0.8.1976.36095 and CSP 0.1.46 / Sol 1.4. Not had any unexplained crashes or bugs in as long as I can remember, only stuff that doesn't work is newer encrypted stuff, which is no great loss. To my knowledge, the memory leak in CM hasn't been addressed in any of the updates and that's the only feature that would motivate me to change (even that can be mitigated with regular program restarts), aside from that it does everything I could reasonably expect of it.
Same here - same content manager as you and every time I jump up from 1.46 to whatever I have problems. Btw 1.46 plays great with sol 1.5.1 which you can get from Claudio's WRC FB page.

EDIT: The only thing I wish I could put into 1.46 is the "double physics precision" thing from 1.75 and 1.76 as it's great

Last edited:
Same here - same content manager as you and every time I jump up from 1.46 to whatever I have problems. Btw 1.46 plays great with sol 1.5.1 which you can get from Claudio's WRC FB page.

EDIT: The only thing I wish I could put into 1.46 is the "double physics precision" thing from 1.75 and 1.76 as it's great
Whats weird is, 1.60 is the recommended one. Not sure i've been scrolling beyond 1.60 in ages....

Its the temptation i can't bare, then i install latest one and see something like shadow bias and get annoyed and roll back.

Hi,

Does anyone know of any other DTM mod of the same year or so, that has similar specs as the Mercedes CLK DTM 2001?
Thanks

__custom_showroom_1626800827.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Please!
Space elevator may be the pit guy? I don't normally check that. Turns out that unticking "track adjustments" in CSP does not turn off track adjustments. If I didn't love it so much, I would hate it.

I have remade the spawns to suit mods with toothpick suspension, I got lazy; my bad.

View attachment 1068242

If you are having issues spawning mod cars, here is a new mesh file to save downloading the whole thing again. Throw "pikes_mesh.kn5" into your "dr_pikes" track folder. : updated pike_mesh.kn5
Can you upload again?

Hello guys, I'm new here after lurking as a silent reader for a while and got a question. Is it possible to hide certain objects from a track like Silverstone through the config.exe in specific layouts? So say, the advertisement walls that are in the main kn5-file of the track. Thx in Advance for any responses :D

Hello guys, I'm new here after lurking as a silent reader for a while and got a question. Is it possible to hide certain objects from a track like Silverstone through the config.exe in specific layouts? So say, the advertisement walls that are in the main kn5-file of the track. Thx in Advance for any responses :D
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = remove stuff
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = the_track.kn5
HIDE = the_mesh

Are there any mods for GT300/GT500 cars or those Gran Turismo JGTC types someone could share? View attachment 1068744
I see cars like this on the web for Assetto but cannot find them anywhere.
Have a look here - https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home
Are there any mods for GT300/GT500 cars or those Gran Turismo JGTC types someone could share? View attachment 1068744
I see cars like this on the web for Assetto but cannot find them anywhere.

Last edited:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = remove stuff
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = the_track.kn5
HIDE = the_mesh
Thx a lot. But how do I make that only happen on one specific track layout? This way it would still apply to all layouts, right? Or do I put that in the layout.ini?

Last edited:
For info if you havent seen it yet

[Update] - Formula Hybrid X 2022 EVO - Version 4​

View attachment 1068536
In anticipation for the new Formula season, we dropped everything and worked tirelessly to bring you the Formula Hybrid X 2022 EVO. This is a completely FREE update to you as an owner of the Formula Hybrid X 2022 which is still included in the package and comes with a few integrational updates too!

Visually, the EVO vehicle has changes all over: the nose, the rear wing, the front wing, the floor, the wheel aero details, radiator grills and more. New racing liveries and different engine sounds betweent the standard and EVO are great for racing competition. Meanwhile, the increased weight coupled with a slight increase in power should give an expected performance of next year's cars.

Download the car and get a glimpse into the future now.
For people wondering if the FHX22 skins are compatible on the EVO version, they are - but they need some adjustments.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back