Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,798 comments
Just a heads up to anyone using the current beta version of Chivas' Group 3 cars, bad physics or not, you might want to consider going into the LOD.ini file in the data folder and erasing the LOD3 data, or deleting that LOD from the car's folder entirely. It can cause the cars to turn solid black at a distance that looks awful during a race.

They will probably fix that later on considering it's an early release but for now it may be worth doing if you've noticed it and weren't sure what to do about it.
I am at a loss on these cars. they have yellow tail lights. What car has that? I have not noticed the LOD issue yet but I would not hold my breath for an update as these cars were supposed to be released many months ago.

Coming as soon as I get some storage somewhere...

3 962S-B-HD-2.jpg

RT_Sonoma adjusted ai sidelines and hints, detailed rain fx, geotags, and background images:

I tried to get the RSS and VRC Indy cars, as well as the RSS Hyperion, working a little better on their appropriate layouts. IIRC there are some other tweaks to the other tracks as well. Adjusted the geotags to get them a little closer to actual track.

View attachment 1079547

As always, back up your track and remove any .bin or cache files from each layout's ai folder for a clean install.

Have fun!
Thanks for your work :) Unfortunately still getting AI running off turn 6 into the dirt, like 3 at a time now :crazy: AI aggressiveness only 85-87%
Any idea how to fix?

Opinions asked for here please - We are lucky to have hundreds of tracks.

What is the most 'liveliest' / realistic feeling track we have to showcase this game to someone. A track that is well constructed with great tarmac, curbs, buildings, grass, marshal's, proper or limited 3d crowds, that feels like you are there on race day.
Barcelona City is a great unusual track. It has a great layout and looks and feels great.

I just need to enable the extended physics on the server
There is no option to enable Extended Physics on a server. You can only fake this by reducing the grip levels. Maybe someday in the future this will work with CSP, but for now its not possible.
after a while I started AC via the content manager. But is doesn't run amymore.

Anybody there to help?
My crystal ball is on vacation. Check your logs please.

I am at a loss on these cars. they have yellow tail lights. What car has that? I have not noticed the LOD issue yet but I would not hold my breath for an update as these cars were supposed to be released many months ago.
He's already said that he'll be updating a few things (rear lights on the RX7, midget drivers etc) and has just patched the GT500 lights to be more compatible with the PURE weather system, so you might be being a little pessimistic.
The yellow tail lights are an oddity though, there are quite a few cars that have yellow tail lights and even red hazards/indicators. I can only assume some modders have badly-calibrated monitors or are using a weird PPF that makes these lights look normal on their setups.
The LOD4 black cars are a function of the default settings in the CSP LOD generator (which the Chivas cars use). It's a shame the defaults don't preserve paint colour for LOD4 as a lot or recent mods that use autoLODS suffer from this. Having cars in the distance suddenly turn black looks very weird indeed.

Last edited:
I thought you were against using rips?
when I talked about simracing 604 promoting ripped cars, it was completely about his current employment with racedepartment and their disdain for rips along with a previous issue he had with a company putting rips out. if you read through the messages fully, you would have seen that I was just thinking he should be more selective about what he promotes.

He's already said that he'll be updating a few things (rear lights on the RX7, midget drivers etc) and has just patched the GT500 lights to be more compatible with the PURE weather system, so you might be being a little pessimistic.
The yellow tail lights are an oddity though, there are quite a few cars that have yellow tail lights and even red hazards/indicators. I can only assume some modders have badly-calibrated monitors or are using a weird PPF that makes these lights look normal on their setups.
The LOD4 black cars are a function of the default settings in the CSP LOD generator (which the Chivas cars use). It's a shame the defaults don't preserve paint colour for LOD4 as a lot or recent mods that use autoLODS suffer from this. Having cars in the distance suddenly turn black looks very weird indeed.
So, good to hear. I contacted him about the non working tail lights on the Mazda (and that none of the cars could flash the headlights - except one car where the flash was present but almost invisible). He responded that the Mazda had no tail lights IRL and that CSP did not support flashing headlights. As proof he even showed a message from xFab that this was indeed the case. But that was a message from a year ago…

Thanks for your work :) Unfortunately still getting AI running off turn 6 into the dirt, like 3 at a time now :crazy: AI aggressiveness only 85-87%
Any idea how to fix?
I don't know if this hint can help you, but higher is the AI strenght lower must be their aggressiveness. Having both of them set on high percentage can cause strange ractions by the AI. Usually I set 90 to 100 % on streght and 5 to 10 % on aggressiveness. In this way, AI doesn't go wide too much and crashes are less frequent.

I hope this can help you 😁

Last edited:
Hi all
Just bought a Martin BM8, 1974 ex world championship for makes.
The car need a full restoration, i would like to develop a mod based on the 3d model i must do to restore the body and chassis.
Does any of you known if there are some links with the now defunct company 'Martin Racing Development' to find technicl specs drawing excetra? racingsportscar.com has just few images.
Thank you, any kind of help will be appreciated.
3.JPG
1.JPG

Hi all
Just bought a Martin BM8, 1974 ex world championship for makes.
The car need a full restoration, i would like to develop a mod based on the 3d model i must do to restore the body and chassis.
Does any of you known if there are some links with the now defunct company 'Martin Racing Development' to find technicl specs drawing excetra? racingsportscar.com has just few images.
Thank you, any kind of help will be appreciated.View attachment 1080656View attachment 1080657
The only thing I've found is: 1.5l Ford Engine :boggled:

So, good to hear. I contacted him about the non working tail lights on the Mazda (and that none of the cars could flash the headlights - except one car where the flash was present but almost invisible). He responded that the Mazda had no tail lights IRL and that CSP did not support flashing headlights. As proof he even showed a message from xFab that this was indeed the case. But that was a message from a year ago…
He may want to look at literally every endurance race car I have. All of them have the ability to flash headlights.

Also, the yellow tail light issue he posted a picture of a car at night hitting its brakes. The bulb itself looks yellow but the lens is red. He did not take into account the camera/photographer had raised the exposure to see the car and in doing so, overexposed the light bulb. I have already fixed the light issues on my end.

Also, as a side note, the latest update he posted is coming back as a virus. I tried every download link with multiple browsers and it has showing virus and would not let the download continue. I am sure it is a false positive but I am not 100% sure

Just to let anyone know, the update for gt3 pack is out.

Attachments

• obraz_2021-09-15_133959.png
    obraz_2021-09-15_133959.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 72
Hello,
after a while I started AC via the content manager. But is doesn't run amymore.

Anybody there to help?
Sometimes changing the game starter in the CM settings can help. When I faced such a problem, Ilya advised me to change it and it helped. In general, you need a log file to know for sure.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.15 - 14.41.32.86_LI.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.15 - 14.41.32.86_LI.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
Hey again everyone. I'm a bit new to the game, and just for a bit of a hobby, I want to create my own skin for some cars.

As a 'beginners course', I decided to start with the RSS Formula Hybrid 2022, using their 'livery templates' available for free on their website.
So, they are .PSD, and whenever I save them as a .dds file (after I installed the NVIDIA plugin for Photoshop), the files just appear blank, so it's just a white car.
So.. just trying to figure out where I'm going wrong..

Hey again everyone. I'm a bit new to the game, and just for a bit of a hobby, I want to create my own skin for some cars.

As a 'beginners course', I decided to start with the RSS Formula Hybrid 2022, using their 'livery templates' available for free on their website.
So, they are .PSD, and whenever I save them as a .dds file (after I installed the NVIDIA plugin for Photoshop), the files just appear blank, so it's just a white car.
So.. just trying to figure out where I'm going wrong..
saving as a .dds can be....frustrating, getting all the settings right

I just save the skin as a .tga file

and convert it to a DDS at this website, have to convert it then download .dds file

takes a little longer than say photoshop, but gets the job done

Union Island was released today on RaceDepartment: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/union-island.45276/

Does anyone know if this car is publicly available? Seems like a "street legal" Mercedes C9:
20210821-202207-union_island-ks_mercedes_c9-accum-jpg.503186
I doubt that its street legal lol. It just looks like a normal C9 without a wing. Quite a bit would be needed to make it street legal. Pushing the side exhausts to the back, removing/replacing the race car antennas, different headlight height, hiding the car's internals with body kit revampments, raising car ground clearance ect... Same story goes for the interior.

saving as a .dds can be....frustrating, getting all the settings right

I just save the skin as a .tga file

and convert it to a DDS at this website, have to convert it then download .dds file

takes a little longer than say photoshop, but gets the job done

Thanks. Works generally well that tip.
Only issue I have now is it's automatically making my transparent parts on a logos overlay white, rather than transparent like it was before.

EDIT: Nevermind, I sorted it. I decided to save as PSD instead of TGA and then do the conversion through the website, and the transparency stays. Thank you very much

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back