- 140

- United States
Looks like TomSim deleted all his stuff from overtake too. Shame since I hadn't gotten around to downloading it yet. Hoping Max reuploads those someplace too.
How did you replace your lollipop man with the Yuki Tsunoda model?View attachment 1474725
So my question to all the track makers out there, or people with some experience. Why is it when I place a pitbox on a track my lollipop man thinks he's a mole and must hide underground? I've tried to raise the height of the pit dummy but that doesn't make any difference. What controls the height of this guy?
I just run 18-20 lap sprint races and have a good time.The Hotlapping Simulator (tm)
Another Totally Unrelated Thing (tm)
I love the GTP community work done on the Gen1 boat, The Bentley Continental.
Is there a chance to fix the weird z-fighting, Predatoresque effect that happens in the replays?
Not on all models, don't know if it's a LOD or the main kn5 but it's there.
Please, please, please.
![]()
For real, like no one made a decent Acura....I wonder why all three of them have yet to do an Acura?
I think it happens when someone plays with the size of the box they use for the pit space but i could be wrongView attachment 1474725
So my question to all the track makers out there, or people with some experience. Why is it when I place a pitbox on a track my lollipop man thinks he's a mole and must hide underground? I've tried to raise the height of the pit dummy but that doesn't make any difference. What controls the height of this guy?
Since doing the Panoz for the league I run ive just assumed you had to do the math on the adjustments or make sure to set it to show the actual numbers in setup screen so you can then change them in suspensions.iniFor the 2nd point you are referring to Ai_default, where what I'm trying to do is have the default setup when you get in the car to be correct, without having to adjust it or load a setup. What Masterfocus suggested does work, its just things like damper settings that I need to sort out. Plus on oval cars the setup is asymmetrical and I can't figure that part out yet.
Correct, it calculates the fuel setting based on the fuels_cons.ini file seperately.
I have talents that I don't even know of myself! 🤣 🤣How did you replace your lollipop man with the Yuki Tsunoda model?
So its not just me then. BTW have you seen all the period-correct tracks getting released on Overtake for rFactor?Same issue with Dallas 1984 and Caesars Palace 1982 (by Anonymous). If someone could fix 'em, I'd be happy.
We gotta put @shin on the case, with his expertise those tracks would look mighty in AC. I'd even pay for that.I have talents that I don't even know of myself! 🤣 🤣
So its not just me then. BTW have you seen all the period-correct tracks getting released on Overtake for rFactor?
A real low point.I just run 18-20 lap sprint races and have a good time.
It sucks this hasn't been officially folded in yet. In theory, you would think that on a platform where endurance race cars are getting 3 different indistinguishable pay mod alternatives in the span of less than a year, it stands to reason that the essentials of single player endurance racing, i.e. AI tyre/fuel strategies, would be a priority for said platform's (unofficial) steward.
Yet, they are absolutely nowhere to be found outside of Nuzzi's franken-app, which at its very best semi-worked ~50% of the time about 8 CSP revisions ago and was nowhere near that mark the last time I tested (on CSP 0.2.11 a few months ago).
As I said in a previous post, I'm getting myself hyped for 0.3's JetSkiFX instead. And, more seriously, I hope for a considerably more stable platform than what we currently have.
Hi man, thanks for these updates. I've been searching around the forum on what happened with this since I have missed out on a lot of things.Spa 1938 has been updated to version 1.06. Use the link in the quote if you want the update. It would be best to delete or backup your existing folder.
-- Converted the haybale physics to the same method I used for the recent changes to Spa 1966.
-- I was not aware of any holes in the road mesh on Spa 1938 so I didn't change the road mesh. Please let me know if it has the same issues with road holes so I can try to fix them as well.
Spa 1966 has been update to version 1.06 as well, but this one is optional. Use the link in the quote to get that update as well. All I did was bake in the new haybale textures I included as an optional track skin a few days ago. If you are fine with using the track skin, no need to update your current track version.
Might be some time before I get to the Spa 34 & 66 version of the track. That one is going to be a pain because it's two layouts in one. I need to make sure anything I do for one layout doesn't impact something on the other layout since they share some assets.
This is two questions, disguised as one 😊
1. In setup.ini, almost any setup adjustments can be coded in, to offer these adjustments in-game before driving the car. Probably easiest to look at examples which DO offer those adjustments.
2. Saving that adjusted setup, I've seem people say it's possible to save it with a specific name to make it the default. I've seen it referenced in this forum, but can't remember exactly what it is, most likely "default"or somesuch.
PS. Not at my gaming PC rn, else I'd post examples. Sorry.
But dont Worry, according to nicktheyapper69 on reddit, AC Evo will not work at all because Assetto Corsa IS much better with mods and people won't bother doing mods for AC Evo when AC exist and is much betterA real low point.
...a recent pc that plays AAAs at 4k/90fps isn't enough anymore for 20 cars races, AI splines and AI pitting misteries at every update, as you said decent ruling and endurance are pure Candy Mountain, race strategies are bad, rain is a joke, CM looks like a cougar and behaves like a 13 old kid and it can't install mods properly doubling your work on every mod update while even my ex-wife knows the Assetto Corsa directory at heart, most of the times no proper AI set-ups unless you gut a car and pork with .inis, the marvelous TreeFx is just gpu spike after gpu spike, the best payware modders are all head down is some kind of race for glory like pretending this mess actually works, lol it's crazy.
But...we have Apple Car Plaaaaay
When I see any N24 content created by the community I just think "Why bother...", emulating a decent +2 classes race is just science fiction for so many reasons.
There's been literally the time to develop a whole new race sim (LMU), which week by week got gud despite few flaws, while we are pinned down by all kinds of basic-ish issues. (I mean "whole new sim" as a product, I know it's based on blahblah and bicker banter)
I get why some folks slams and blast the incoming Project Motor but in THIS situation, from the lowest and tightest windows of the AC+CSP basement, everything feels like a breath of fresh air, the Assetto Corsa folder feels like a dark mass in my PC.
A tumor I wanna nuke.
Curious to know what (CART/Indy) mod this is? Can you inform? Thanks much and have the best of day.View attachment 1474725
So my question to all the track makers out there, or people with some experience. Why is it when I place a pitbox on a track my lollipop man thinks he's a mole and must hide underground? I've tried to raise the height of the pit dummy but that doesn't make any difference. What controls the height of this guy?
Aaaand this is why I don't bother racing in AC - which defeats the very purpose of a... Racing game.A real low point.
...a recent pc that plays AAAs at 4k/90fps isn't enough anymore for 20 cars races, AI splines and AI pitting misteries at every update, as you said decent ruling and endurance are pure Candy Mountain, race strategies are bad, rain is a joke, CM looks like a cougar and behaves like a 13 old kid and it can't install mods properly doubling your work on every mod update while even my ex-wife knows the Assetto Corsa directory at heart, most of the times no proper AI set-ups unless you gut a car and pork with .inis, the marvelous TreeFx is just gpu spike after gpu spike, the best payware modders are all head down is some kind of race for glory like pretending this mess actually works, lol it's crazy.
But...we have Apple Car Plaaaaay
When I see any N24 content created by the community I just think "Why bother...", emulating a decent +2 classes race is just science fiction for so many reasons.
There's been literally the time to develop a whole new race sim (LMU), which week by week got gud despite few flaws, while we are pinned down by all kinds of basic-ish issues. (I mean "whole new sim" as a product, I know it's based on blahblah and bicker banter)
I get why some folks slams and blast the incoming Project Motor but in THIS situation, from the lowest and tightest windows of the AC+CSP basement, everything feels like a breath of fresh air, the Assetto Corsa folder feels like a dark mass in my PC.
A tumor I wanna nuke.
Its supposed to be ai_default if i remember well, but the AI would only use it IF you 're using the same car as far as i remember.
Otherwise, with Assettocartuner : open the car you want to have a default setup implemented and give it a name (ie Porsche944 Race Setup), edit the drivetrain.ini (go on the setup gear ratio page in CM to get correct values), tyres, everything you wanna have saved and used by the AI (or for you), and save it.
In the drive menu, the variants should appear unter the speedometer for you, and you can use them for the grid as well.
Curious to know what (CART/Indy) mod this is? Can you inform? Thanks much and have the best of day.
The scale or size of the AC_PIT_number object is probably incorrect.View attachment 1474725
So my question to all the track makers out there, or people with some experience. Why is it when I place a pitbox on a track my lollipop man thinks he's a mole and must hide underground? I've tried to raise the height of the pit dummy but that doesn't make any difference. What controls the height of this guy?
I had already checked the Overtake rFactor Track section.We gotta put @shin on the case, with his expertise those tracks would look mighty in AC. I'd even pay for that.
I had just read up about this and hacked another track to try that one and it did work, but I'll use yours as a base going forward. Thank you!The scale or size of the AC_PIT_number object is probably incorrect.
AC Cube (What I use)
I had already checked the Overtake rFactor Track section.
Whether I convert or not depends on my motivation.
---------------------------------------------------
A Quick Note;
The following fixes will be applied in future Track posts (releases and updates).
Even when CSP settings → General Patch Settings → CPU optimizations → Chunks optimizations are set to Advanced, ground objects are no longer hidden.
I've been asked this question by several users before and I'm tired of it, so I'm going to review the graphics and make some corrections.
Or, you can just rescale the AC_PIT_number objects to 1, 1, 1 to get it right again.The scale or size of the AC_PIT_number object is probably incorrect.
AC Cube (What I use)
I had already checked the Overtake rFactor Track section.
Whether I convert or not depends on my motivation.
---------------------------------------------------
A Quick Note;
The following fixes will be applied in future Track posts (releases and updates).
Even when CSP settings → General Patch Settings → CPU optimizations → Chunks optimizations are set to Advanced, ground objects are no longer hidden.
I've been asked this question by several users before and I'm tired of it, so I'm going to review the graphics and make some corrections.
I picked your first point just to have a laugh, sooooooo (my sleeves are very long to roll)Aaaand this is why I don't bother racing in AC - which defeats the very purpose of a... Racing game.
It's a hotlap simulator at best. You have people bringing 2000K+ triangles car with no LODs, rain that works whenever it feels like, tracks with **** AI, big studios releasing the same frigging car...
View attachment 1474804
Pinnacle of modding right here. All those GT7 model porting modders are the worst
Which is absolutely true. I do not disagree with @ninezeroniner, what he describe is not wrong, it can happen.But dont Worry, according to nicktheyapper69 on reddit, AC Evo will not work at all because Assetto Corsa IS much better with mods and people won't bother doing mods for AC Evo when AC exist and is much better
Not really.Which is absolutely true. I do not disagree with @ninezeroniner, what he describe is not wrong, it can happen.
Maybe it’s time for him to take a little break, and come back in a while to rediscover how amazing AC is.
Some here might be changing too many things to often and ends up being in a constant whirlpool.
I have the same CSP review since a year, AC is fairly stable for me, no issue with AI or anything else.
I still have the same (old) SOL, looks good to me when comparing to other title.
Because Ilya and Peter, keep pumping new “improved” stuff on their Patreon, does not mean we need to beta test on a regular basis.
Yes AC, is the best 2025 title available, nothing else come close, don’t fix what ain’t broken and all will be fine.
That is your choice, does not mean that all kind of racing in all kind of cars, on all kind of track, on all kind of weather across all time periods cannot be enjoyed in AC.I don't feel like racing in Assetto Corsa, just hotlaping. On a very sunny weather
The worst thing about AC is that there is nothing else even close to being worth investing my time in. I literally use it for messing about with mods and just fannying about taking pictures of said mods.Aaaand this is why I don't bother racing in AC - which defeats the very purpose of a... Racing game.
It's a hotlap simulator at best. You have people bringing 2000K+ triangles car with no LODs, rain that works whenever it feels like, tracks with **** AI, big studios releasing the same frigging car...
View attachment 1474804
Pinnacle of modding right here. All those GT7 model porting modders are the worst
I was planning on converting the helmets from F1 2014 and upscaling the texturesDoes anyone have helmet textures from F1 2014? I found some on Overtake.gg but they're pretty low quality.
I see your point as I've been with CSP028p1 for so many months. I don't remember if it has been a year but close.Which is absolutely true. I do not disagree with @ninezeroniner, what he describe is not wrong, it can happen.
Maybe it’s time for him to take a little break, and come back in a while to rediscover how amazing AC is.
Some here might be changing too many things too often and ends up being in a constant whirlpool.
I have the same CSP review since a year, AC is fairly stable for me, no issue with AI or anything else.
I still have the same (old) SOL, looks good to me when comparing to other title.
Because Ilya and Peter, keep pumping new “improved” stuff on their Patreon, does not mean we need to beta test on a regular basis.
Yes AC, is the best 2025 title available, nothing else come close, don’t fix what ain’t broken and all will be fine.