Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
Small update on El Capitan: Working on the environment, surrounding terrain should only need textures. Slowly adding trees back.

ca17102021cap_wip.PNG

Start of updating F1 2021 Custom Championship Tracks in the GDrive​

The Following Tracks have been updated in the 2021 Tracks GDrive Folder - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OowvVEJmavIHA-8EVc3NfcHrUy0NFqU_?usp=sharing
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_mercedes_02_bahrain_gp21_16-9-121-18-10-55 (Large).jpg

Credit goes to Blackcelica, Marc_13000 Pyyer, juanabolche, zuno toto, Gunnar333 and Daniel Paez for pointing me in the right direction to update the circuits - Thank You.

Those tracks that I've added crowd SFX to, are best viewed with the f3 camera in replays - Any feedback welcome on whether it spoils or adds.

As ever, please feel free to amend, improve, delete or use my inputs but please ask permission from the other contributors - Ta 👍

This is a WIP and will be updated as I get around to the other tracks

All tracks listed below have an added Track Logo from zuno toto
  • 01_australia_gp21 -Live displays/Crowd sfx (cozy61) , Skins and Crowd by juanabolche
  • 02_bahrain_gp21 - Animated jumbotron/Rolex Clock Text, Crowds, Crowd SFX, track Skins (Fictional with 2021 sponsors) and F1 Podium with Winners (cozy61)
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_honda_02_bahrain_gp21_16-9-121-18-9-26 (Large).jpg Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_ferrari_02_bahrain_gp21_16-9-121-18-15-37 (Large).jpg Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_ferrari_02_bahrain_gp21_16-9-121-18-18-25 (Large).jpg Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_ferrari_02_bahrain_gp21_16-9-121-18-13-53 (Large).jpg Screenshot (788) (Large).jpg
  • 04_portugal_gp21 - Marc_13000 and Blackcelica track extensions and skins
  • 15_italy_gp21 - Pyyer and Daniel Paez extensions and Skins
  • 16_russia_gp21 - Pyyer and Daniel Paez extensions and Skins
  • 20_mexico_gp21 - Crowds by juanabolche
  • 19_unitedstates_gp21 - Daniel Paez Skins
  • 07_azerbaijan_gp21 - Crowds, 2021 Signage, Jumbotron relevant pictures (cozy61)
  • 08_turkey_gp21 - Pyyer and Daniel Paez extensions and Skins
  • 08_canada_gp21 - Crowds by juanabolche
  • 14_netherlands_gp21 - extensions by Pyyer and CrisT86, Crowds by Cozy61
  • 05_spain_gp21 - 2021 track layout by Pyyer (DLC required)
  • 13_belgium_gp21 - Pyyer and Daniel Paez extensions and Skins

Thanks for sharing this! it's amazing! I just had problems with "05_spain_gp21" update. DRS zones and AI not working for me at least.

Correct, but it is still also a pointless benchmark for a system, unless you used vanilla AC, and who the hell would use an 8 year old game to benchmark?
Benchmarking against a beta CSP/ rainfx using random converted tracks and cars with silly ammounts of settings and 30 odd CSP and SOL versions is the stuff of utter stupidity.
As is advising people to "Get a better GPU", which is where this started....
Exactly, people look for better performance by changing for a better gpu, error, if what you want is more performance you need better cpu, and more specifically in AC.

The reflections, shadows and physics of the track your car and AI cars are calculated by the cpu, putting a better gpu is not going to notice anything.

It is for this reason that (for example) lowering the resolution from 2k to 1080p does not notice any improvement in performance, that is calculated by the gpu, however lowering the resolution of the shadows will always provide more performance using the same gpu.

Exactly, people look for better performance by changing for a better gpu, error, if what you want is more performance you need better cpu, and more specifically in AC.

The reflections, shadows and physics of the track your car and AI cars are calculated by the cpu, putting a better gpu is not going to notice anything.

It is for this reason that (for example) lowering the resolution from 2k to 1080p does not notice any improvement in performance, that is calculated by the gpu, however lowering the resolution of the shadows will always provide more performance using the same gpu.
Yep, my stuff runs slow, sometimes, depends on the track, but usually at the start of an AI race (qualifying/practice runs smooth, it's just when there's a lot of cars in the close vicinity), and CPU would seem to be what I'd be looking at to upgrade.

Yep, my stuff runs slow, sometimes, depends on the track, but usually at the start of an AI race (qualifying/practice runs smooth, it's just when there's a lot of cars in the close vicinity), and CPU would seem to be what I'd be looking at to upgrade.
Even mine mostly does, as I have on my PC currently GTX 950 and Core i5 6400, as I plan on getting AMD's top tier Ryzen 9 processor to make sure I'll get the best out of my personal AC, in terms of graphics and FPS, which GPU card would you recommend me the best which can make it run the smoothest as possible with all settings maxed out? (AC and some CSP settings only)

AMS Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro track conversion (WIP Release v1.0.1)

1634519535905.png

Hi everyone! Here's a project I've been working on for some months: Jacarepaguá from Automobilista.

The track comes with four layouts, including the requested oval. This project is special for me because it's a track I used to go as a kid and I was disappointed to know there aren't better versions from it so I took the opportunity to try and bring it from AMS to AC.

This is my first ever mod/project. I had to learn 3D modeling and everything else from zero just to make this conversion. So you will probably notice that it's not perfect but it's a start. There are lots of things that need tot be done but I just don't have a lot of free time yet, so I wanted to make it to at least to a playable state.

I'm going to update it as time goes by, and since now that it's released, I wanted to take your feedback and some tips to improve it. Also, feel free to mess around with it. Any changes you make just tell me and I'll put you on the credits list. I have no problems with uploading it to somewhere else either. The only thing I ask is to keep the credits.​

- Credits:
Reiza Studios - original track creation
@mordido - track conversion
@shi (shin956) - cameras, skin
@macko68 - testing, feedback
SWOT Racing - testing, feedback

- Download:

Last edited:
Even mine mostly does, as I have on my PC currently GTX 950 and Core i5 6400, as I plan on getting AMD's top tier Ryzen 9 processor to make sure I'll get the best out of my personal AC, in terms of graphics and FPS, which GPU card would you recommend me the best which can make it run the smoothest as possible with all settings maxed out? (AC and some CSP settings only)
I'm not sure what I'd recommend, I'd just get whatever would be the best option for running this PC in the long run, otherwise I'm better off just upgrading the whole thing.

Currently, I'm running AMD FirePro W8000 GPU, and an AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. I'm quite sure the CPU is the main thing holding this PC back. The recommendation I've heard most for the CPU is an i7. GPU, I haven't had any recommendations tbh. Amazon recommended me NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 / GeForce RTX2070, but they're going to set back $800ish AUD according to that.

This is the only track that ever happened this issue to me, so weird. I usually add more pits because of the league we run with always more than 30 people and still don't know why creators don't add more from the get-go... I mean, the other day I was looking at a track that could easily hold 40 spots but it only had 17.

This is my exporting settings:
View attachment 1086786

I always export with a saved preset. I'm not so sure if everything is correct because I looked at an old post from the forum, but can confirm for me if it's correct?

And those stuff outside the track just shows what a mess this is hahaha
I dont see anything wrong there, maybe it was an issue with the oringinal import or maybe the kn5 was rotated in the model.ini file? really weird.

BTW that conversion of jacarepagua, dont be surprised if it is taken down.

Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong there, maybe it was an issue with the oringinal import or maybe the kn5 was rotated in the model.ini file? really weird.

BTW that conversion of jacarepagua, dont be surprised if it is taken down.
Yeah it's really weird, but At least we figured it out. Thanks for the help.

Do you mean being taken down here or on race department?

Thanks for sharing this! it's amazing! I just had problems with "05_spain_gp21" update. DRS zones and AI not working for me at least.
Thanks for the feedback I’ll check it out.

EDIT All done just has 2021 layout now

Last edited:
Version 1.2 - Released 2021.10.18
BMW M3 E92 GT4 (2012)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required
CSP 0.1.76-preview1 or above required for wipers animations!

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• RealAKP for the precious collaboration

FEATURING
• working wipers with CSP 0.1.76-preview1 or above!
• scratch made paddle shift kit by RealAKP
• revised physics
• improved graphics performance

CHANGELOG v1.2

Aerodynamics
minor revision of aero data

Powertrain
slightly increased auto cut-off time
• increased max allowed overrevs while downshifting
• increased rpms damage threshold
• tweaked engine inertia and braking torque

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
regenerated Slick Hard tyre compound
• corrected rear suspension BASEY
• minor revision to suspensions setup
• decreased brakes max torque
• added default brakes blanking

Visual
added scratch made paddle shift kit by RealAKP
• minor revision to CSP carpaint config
• minor revision to CSP PBR materials config
• increased interiors brightness in CSP config
• fixed display light

Other changes
• increased default TC slip ratio
• slightly increased FFb multiplier
• added CSP animated wipers config
• added CSP wobbly wipers config
• reworked collider
• new improved LODs generated with CM
• new low-res cockpit generated with CM
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

AMS Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro track conversion (WIP Release v1.0)

View attachment 1087074

Hi everyone! Here's a project I've been working on for some months: Jacarepaguá from Automobilista.

The track comes with four layouts, including the requested oval. This project is special for me because it's a track I used to go as a kid and I was disappointed to know there aren't better versions from it so I took the opportunity to try and bring it from AMS to AC.

This is my first ever mod/project. I had to learn 3D modeling and everything else from zero just to make this conversion. So you will probably notice that it's not perfect but it's a start. There are lots of things that need tot be done but I just don't have a lot of free time yet, so I wanted to make it to at least to a playable state.

I'm going to update it as time goes by, and since now that it's released, I wanted to take your feedback and some tips to improve it. Also, feel free to mess around with it. Any changes you make just tell me and I'll put you on the credits list. I have no problems with uploading it to somewhere else either. The only thing I ask is to keep the credits.​

- Credits:

- Shoutout:
Huge thanks to @macko68 and SWOT Racing for the initial feedback and also for keeping me motivated

- Download:

All layout cam and Billboard Skin (30 minutes quality) for Jacarepagua.
Feel free to use it.
Overwrites an existing non-working cam.
Have Fun.
Screenshot_marcas_toyota_corolla_mdd_jacarepagua_18-9-121-17-23-39.jpg

Attachments

• mdd_jacarepagua_cam_skin.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Personally and as i have already stated. Don't build a PC around modded AC.
Pick a game like ACC or MSFS and its simple get your system to run them to a good enough standard then AC will follow.

Getting a RTX 3090 and top tier CPU just so you can play AC and every poorly optimized track, would be madness.

It depends on VR, 4K high FPS.
I am happy at 60hz as that is where my TV is at.
I know no different and so from that its perfect for me.
My current specs are good enough for AC, but then my i7 4790 with 1060 6gb at the time were good enough.

There is a reason that Crysis used to be used as a benchmark.
There are games out there that are perfect for benchmarking, modded AC ins't one of them. IMO.

If you are going to do it, please at least benchmark using kunos tracks and kunos cars on grid.....

The most popular GPU is still the 1060 6gb on steam graphs.
Devs should always have an eye on that.

Kart kraft is a good example, on my 1060 i could never play it.
Now with a 2070 i run max settings and it looks awesome...
Same with ACC.
But totally wasted market when most gamers don't have the systems.

All i wanted was an upgrade for MSFS, the rest of my games just follow inline after that.

Best upgrade i did was replacing the i7 4790 for a ryzen 5 3600.

My system can run 99% of games available according to pc benchmark

So if i can only run 20 AI at some random modded track in AC i'll live with that as being a crap mod.

That will do me.

Last edited:
hello do you know how the mod of SimRacing SCG007 works and how I tried it with JGSME and Content Manager nothing helps thank you darlings
When will you stop asking for this car with working wipers? (Other than after you receive the car.) People are not ignoring you. Maybe most of us don't have the car with working wipers. Don't expect everyone to reply "not me" until someone says yes.
@Barbe Rouge can you please stop spamming the same post over and over again. Maybe its a good idea to take the hint, since noone is replying, that obviously means we dont know and/or dont care. Your posting amounts to spamming and im surprised you havent been given a temp suspension by the admins.
Perhaps you should try again, but put it in caps next time.

:rolleyes:
dont give 'em any ideas dude🤦‍♂️

Excuse me for being repetitive but I would like to know how to solve this problem

hello guys I have a question to see the colours of the drivers helmets online where you have to go to act on content manager, because in the show room I see them on CM once in the server are all the same.
Thanks for the help you can give me

View attachment 1087074

- Credits:

- Shoutout:
Huge thanks to @macko68 and SWOT Racing for the initial feedback and also for keeping me motivated

- Download:

Nice work! I guess if this features the oval layout, then it’s the Indycar-era version and not the 1980s version?

Last edited:
virus alert in the first folder for me
Seriously I don't know why you get this. Many people had told me, also someone says that this happens only with the first RAR file. but if you rename the file the av don't see it as a virus.I download it again and I scan it with Kaspersky total security 3 times, the RAR and the files extracted too
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

Screenshot_rize_efini_rx7_fd3s_gt_dragontrail_17-9-121-15-26-51.png

I've seen these Dragon Trail screnshoots, does anyone know anything about them? 😵
The latest WIP build was recently shared by the author in the public section of the File Missing Discord (along with another GT Sport track conversion WIP) so I don't think they're top secret any more.
And yes... they're awesome.

Out of interest... where did you find the screenshots?

Last edited:

View attachment 1087074

- Credits:

- Shoutout:

- Download:

Thanks for this - it's a good drive

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back