Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,824 comments
Hi there!
And again about Sveg Raceway: someone have Grass FX? It seems that default config uses only 3D grass.
Try this

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = surface_grass?, environment,
GRASS_MESHES =
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ?curb?, wall?, surface_road?,
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = 3dgrass, grass_green_env
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
MASK_BLUR = 1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -0.2
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 0.2
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0, 1.5
HEIGHT_MULT = 0.3
COLOR_FACTOR = 1.6
SHAPE_TIDY = 0
SHAPE_CUT = 0
TRIM_PERIOD= 365
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2 = 1, 2, 2, 1 ; texture taking 21 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1

; configuration A for shorter near grass
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.5, 2.0
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.0025
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = surface_grass?
MAP = A

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_1]
PIECE_3 = 3, 1, 1, 2 ; piece taking 12 slots, the one with purple flowers
PIECE_3_CHANCE = 0.5
PIECE_3_SIZE_MULT = 1.3 ; default size multiplier is based on size in cells, overriding
PIECE_4 = 6, 2, 1, 1 ; yellow flowers
PIECE_4_CHANCE = 0.35
PIECE_4_SIZE_MULT = 1.5 ; default size multiplier is based on size in cells, overriding
PIECE_5 = 7, 2, 1, 1 ; blue flowers
PIECE_5_CHANCE = 0.75
PIECE_5_SIZE_MULT = 1.5 ; default size multiplier is based on size in cells, overriding
PIECE_6 = 8, 2, 1, 1 ; red flowers
PIECE_6_CHANCE = 0.5
PIECE_6_SIZE_MULT = 1.2 ; default size multiplier is based on size in cells, overriding

[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_B]
SHAPE_SIZE = 2, 3
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 1 ; chance of regular grass to spawn
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.25 ; chance of first group to spawn
TEXTURE_GROUP_1_CHANCE = 0.005 ; chance of second group to spawn
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -2
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = environment
MAP = B

here :
you should see a new event in simracing.gp
1634580518069.png

The cars are available to download!!
And what a massive disappointment they are, visually at least.
No working wipers, some cars with no working rear lights, shrunken child drivers with hover-hands that treat the steering wheel like it's covered in dog jobbies, super low-poly models and cockpits, low-res textures, complete lack of AO... I could go on. I mean, look at the lack of care taken with the Peugeot 308's rear-view mirror... it's just a rectangle of reflective glass with no frame.
BOP'd racing might be fun but these are far too slapdash in VR for my taste. It's hard to feel immersed in folded paper. Modding has moved on since this standard was acceptable.
Deleted.

Last edited:
No working wipers, some cars with no working rear lights, shrunken child drivers with hover-hands that treat the steering wheel like it's covered in dog jobbies, super low-poly models and cockpits, low-res textures, complete lack of AO... I could go on. I mean, look at the lack of care taken with the Peugeot 308's rear-view mirror... it's just a rectangle of reflective glass with no frame.
BOP'd racing might be fun but these are far too slapdash in VR for my taste. It's hard to feel immersed in folded paper. Modding has moved on since this standard was acceptable.
Deleted.
much better Tommy78 TCR pack?

"You can download the mod by joining the TCR Virtual community & clicking the link in the "MODS" tab in the qualifying events."

yes but no TCR EVENT on the website for me ! on the simracing.gp account, I can see here :
It is a bit confusing at first.

Steps to download TCR cars:
1. Login to simracing.gp
2. Click on the Communities tab on the left side of screen
3. Join the TCR Virtual 2021 event/community
4. Acknowledge the user agreement
5. Click on Qualifying tab
6. Click/choose any qualifying event
7. Then you will see a MODS tab
8. Download the cars

Deleted.
Sad... bad luck, still with tommy, v1.2 2019 are very good with strong AI

It is a bit confusing at first.

Steps to download TCR cars:
1. Login to simracing.gp
2. Click on the Communities tab on the left side of screen
3. Join the TCR Virtual 2021 event/community
4. Acknowledge the user agreement
5. Click on Qualifying tab
6. Click/choose any qualifying event
7. Then you will see a MODS tab
8. Download the cars
yes i managed to download the mod but it's really the obstacle course 🤣😛

Well, the launch of tcr pack, kinda bad. Many obstacles, and issues with RD servers. Also, I wonder what is with the track download? Some skins, or some brand new layout? Cause the Nurburgring is in AC already.

Last edited:
Deleted.
And no templates to make real skins

I thought this was officially licensed content? Where are the official liveries? :banghead:

Overall disappointment with this car pack. (Others have already commented on the car model quality, or lack thereof.) Back to a previous topic of discussion... maybe it's time to purchase tommy78's TCR pack. :lol:
Was looking forward to this pack. We don't get official stuff nowadays. But this is bad. Very bad. I hope someone does something with these cars because they need it

The quality is dissapointing, what can I say. For a mod that "main thing" was that it's made with the TCR blessing, it's disappointment. Oh, and don't try to criticize anything about the mod, on RD, you will be attacked for it. Or will the thing that's on screenshot I'm sharing happen. I don't even know what it is, it's selective ban? LMAO Man, now I feel bad for saying that people should wait for this pack, instead of getting the Tommy78 one.
firefox_1ZsArKKBbd.png

Last edited:
The quality is dissapointing, what can I say. For a mod that "main thing" was that it's made with the TCR blessing, it's disappointment. Oh, and don't try to criticize anything about the mod, on RD, you will be attacked for it.
How dare people criticise something that a person has worked on for 6 months??

Easy it's called I can say my thoughts. You don't have to agree but no one gains anything from sugar-coating things

Hello
Does anyone know if Ssd Nvme brings improvements to AC CM? thanks
better loading times, but if you´re using content manager´s compress utility it will take a bit longer as things will have to be uncompressed when you load a session and that depends more on the cpu

Deleted.
@Masscot Probably they will ban me from RD, but i had to (sorry if i also reported what you said here)

Immagine 2021-10-18 211828.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this was officially licensed content? Where are the official liveries? :banghead:

Overall disappointment with this car pack. (Others have already commented on the car model quality, or lack thereof.) Back to a previous topic of discussion... maybe it's time to purchase tommy78's TCR pack. :lol:
Tommy78 TCR 2019 pack is really amazing! I ve done the first TCR race in simracing.gp. I really suggest to buy Tommy78 carpack!

Hi there!
And again about Sveg Raceway: someone have Grass FX? It seems that default config uses only 3D grass.
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=surface_grass_transition,surface_grass
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=dirt_overlay
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=concrete_curb_base,concrete_curb_triangle,paver_4,pylon_PE,paver,concrete_curb_small_base,concrete_curb_inside,paver_repeat,concrete_plates,concrete_plates_triangle
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS=3dgrass
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD=
SHAPE_SIZE=1.3
SHAPE_TIDY=0
SHAPE_CUT=0.5
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back