Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
The point is not trying to beat down everything, BUT, i said BUT from an OFFICIAL content, which is supported by a bigger and trusted community like the one of RD and TCR too i expect a LOT better stuff than this.

Even more if there's already a not official mod on the market which is 10 times better than the official one.

Models are almost rF1 standard, sounds, well, you said good but for me are not so good.

Let's hope they find time to improve, but the championship is started, so there will be no chance for a major update, unless till the end of the championship (and at the end of it, there will be sense for them to improve it?)
almost no , exist an rfactor1 tcr mod what is exacty almost the same in terms of quality

Let's hope they find time to improve, but the championship is started, so there will be no chance for a major update, unless till the end of the championship (and at the end of it, there will be sense for them to improve it?)
There will be sense to improve the cars after this championship. Because it's not meant to be just this one series, but more events "stretching over the next 12 months and beyond" like they said.

Tommys TCR's he models them himself right?
'Scratch made'...?
Yes, all his car are scratch made as far as i know ;)

There will be sense to improve the cars after this championship. Because it's not meant to be just this one series, but more events "stretching over the next 12 months and beyond" like they said.
Let's hope for a scratch-made (from zero by trashing this one) version in the future

Last edited:
Wip
received_3164170097140002.jpeg
received_243056531175664.jpeg

received_462242701757087.jpeg
received_1780251925502458.jpeg
received_1051633188924445.jpeg
received_1139237389817530.jpeg

Here are the reviews, so far, and they aren't too good. I'm not saying that they are the whole truth but considering that it's official content and all, the mod doesn't look too good

Attachments

• reviews1.png
    reviews1.png
    45 KB · Views: 17
  • reviews2.png
    reviews2.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 18
  • reviews3.png
    reviews3.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
Hello, I have a problem, I no longer have the Kn5 of the Kunos Alfa 33 Stradale.
I have all the packs (including the Bonus pack 3 with the Alfa Quadrifoglio and Stradale, look at my photo) but I have nothing in the file of the 33 Stradale???
Where can I find the KN5 file of this car (and the three "lod" files), which would allow me to have the car in the Mod ACL GTC Legend.
If someone can help me, thank you.
do a steam file integrity check and it automatically download missing original content files.
But it may also correct modded original files as well.

Last edited:
Guys, could you please list me some car mods for AC that use official data? (Besides the RSR Formula 3 where RSR says so straight up on their website.)

Based on comments and impressions, the URD GTE cars, Tommy's TCR car and IER seem like among the top car mods for AC - but I'm a big fan of authenticity, so I'd like to know which ones use at least partial real life data; I know there's always a bit left for "artistic impression". (I was only into tracks so far, and I'm usually all for laser-scanned/LiDAR tracks wherever possible - The Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mosport etc.).
Out of the 3 you mentioned, IER stands above the rest in terms of physics. IIRC URD has to build their physics based on limited resources and references available (in the case of GTE it should be very limited). I doubt Tommy's TCRs have manufacturer data though.

Overall it's difficult to access modern cars' data because of obvious reasons. If you are interested in a bit older stuff then you're in for a treat 'cause those from creators such as Stereo, aphidgod, Gary Paterson, Pessio, Patrik Marek (just to name a few) are incredible :)

Out of the 3 you mentioned, IER stands above the rest in terms of physics. IIRC URD has to build their physics based on limited resources and references available (in the case of GTE it should be very limited). I doubt Tommy's TCRs have manufacturer data though.

Overall it's difficult to access modern cars' data because of obvious reasons. If you are interested in a bit older stuff then you're in for a treat 'cause those from creators such as Stereo, aphidgod, Gary Paterson, Pessio, Patrik Marek (just to name a few) are incredible :)
It is impossible to get all 100% accurate data nor do you need accurate data to re-create realistic physics. The engine itself is not that delicate. AC physics is much more sim-cade than a proper sim-like Rfactor engine. it's easy to get close enough with a great driving feel and nobody would care if it is 100% accurate or not.

Last edited:
And no templates to make real skins
Because they dont want you too. If you read the disclaimer in there when you agree to the series, there is a section down there which says about drivers being banned/excluded/prevented from competing due to liverys/logos etc.
Well, they should have hired RSS or VRC for the pack.
More like they shouldve hired tommy for the mod. Funny how everyone was bashing me "wait for the official mod, wait for the official mod" yet its arrived, and it looks like a golden turd thats been hurriedly pushed out to meet the demand. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cars didnt even exist until well after the announcement was made, so its been a rushed product to meet a deadline.

Kinda sad really tbh, im so glad they didnt make you pay a small entry fee, because this mod wouldnt have even been worth 5euro

It is impossible to get all 100% accurate data nor do you need accurate data to re-create realistic physics. The engine itself is not that delicate. AC physics is much more sim-cade than a proper sim-like Rfactor engine. it's easy to get close enough with a great driving feel and nobody would care if it is 100% accurate or not.
Some of the most highly-experienced modders of the community will disagree with you on that. I'm not qualified enough to comment on the specific details though.

better loading times, but if you´re using content manager´s compress utility it will take a bit longer as things will have to be uncompressed when you load a session and that depends more on the cpu
I want to dispel this myth (once again)...

Content Manager does NOT have a compression utility.
It does have a button that simply uses Win10 built-in compression.
Compression is NOT a CM feature.

Last edited:
Update: Hotfix v1.0.5. for AC Legends GTC60's pack

Changelog v1.05:
  • All models: corrected underbody shadows, windows 7 compatible
  • All cars: updated data.acd (physics file), date stamp of 18-10-2021, added AI fuel usage file, to prevent instant refueling

• Alfa; Increased transmission losses for BoP reasons
  • Bizzarrini; added brake temperatures, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Corvette C2 Corrected %weight distribution, adjusted setup range, added engine damage, Fixed flipped mirrors, corrected body & tyre shadows, corrected Coca Cola skin, added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Elan; Texture format fix in .kn5 model(for win7 users), added shift animation (thanks to ApexVGear) Fixed dashboard lighting
  • Ferr. GTO S2; added refractive headlights, fixed flipped mirrors
  • Healey 3000; SFX update, more pronounced inline six race engine sound, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • E-type LM; Corrected inertia. Texture format fix (for win7 users) in .kn5 model, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • MB 300SL; Adjusted cockpit Brightness and Dashboard lights, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Porsche 904; Corrected front suspension to fix bumpsteer, Added AI fuel_cons.ini, Model tweaks
  • Porsche 911; Reduced transmission losses for BoP reasons. Adjusted Dashboard light brightness
  • Cobra Comp; Texture format fix (for win7 users) in .kn5 model; added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Shelby GT350R Added AI fuel_cons.ini

Download: AC Legends GTC60's pack Hotfix - Patch v1.05
Hi Bazza, I see in the update a TVR, but in the pack I have not it, it was released before? thanx in advance

Got a light related question even CSP Discord doesn't seem to know the answer - Mclaren 650s GT3 tail/brake flicker like mad and disappear when it gets barely 30-40ft in front of me. Anybody else have this? Please God is there a fix? :ouch:

Guys, could you please list me some car mods for AC that use official data? (Besides the RSR Formula 3 where RSR says so straight up on their website.)

Based on comments and impressions, the URD GTE cars, Tommy's TCR car and IER seem like among the top car mods for AC - but I'm a big fan of authenticity, so I'd like to know which ones use at least partial real life data; I know there's always a bit left for "artistic impression". (I was only into tracks so far, and I'm usually all for laser-scanned/LiDAR tracks wherever possible - The Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mosport etc.).
It's pretty opaque, isn't it. Even when the mods are not encrypted! I doubt that any of the current crop of race cars will have comprehensive data available to the public, hence IER cars are typically 3-4 years old. I think their cars are probably the most faithful in terms of data. That said, people do rate the RSS and (the newer) URD cars quite highly and they are representations of current cars.

If you go too far back to historical cars though data sometimes becomes scarce as well. Tyres in particular. I recommend cars by Stereo and Aphidgod over at RD if you're into that sort of thing. Also @Bazza's new pack here seems to be based on extensively researched data. I would love to know what were the "artistic" interpretations though.

I have doubts about Tommy's cars after seeing that he chose the wrong suspension implementation for his 90s DTM cars (https://www.racedepartment.com/down...cs-for-ac-dtm-1991-car-pack-by-tommy78.36298/). VRC have on at least their 1990 IMSA GTO chevrette skipped over the obvious suspension implementation choice too. No idea if it will be released to the public, but project cosmic looks like a step forward for AC to address some of these sorts of problems (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.126119/post-3438076).

If anybody has any other recommendations specifically for the real data freaks, I'd love to hear.

AMS Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro track conversion (WIP Release v1.0)

View attachment 1087074

Hi everyone! Here's a project I've been working on for some months: Jacarepaguá from Automobilista.

The track comes with four layouts, including the requested oval. This project is special for me because it's a track I used to go as a kid and I was disappointed to know there aren't better versions from it so I took the opportunity to try and bring it from AMS to AC.

This is my first ever mod/project. I had to learn 3D modeling and everything else from zero just to make this conversion. So you will probably notice that it's not perfect but it's a start. There are lots of things that need tot be done but I just don't have a lot of free time yet, so I wanted to make it to at least to a playable state.

I'm going to update it as time goes by, and since now that it's released, I wanted to take your feedback and some tips to improve it. Also, feel free to mess around with it. Any changes you make just tell me and I'll put you on the credits list. I have no problems with uploading it to somewhere else either. The only thing I ask is to keep the credits.​

- Credits:
Reiza Studios - original track creation
@mordido - track conversion

- Shoutout:
Huge thanks to @macko68 and SWOT Racing for the initial feedback and also for keeping me motivated

- Download:

Great work so far! For a base conversion it is already quite good. The main problem to me is the AI on the oval, which is unraceable. They drive but crash and don't complete more than 1 or 2 laps.

h53459.png

Q: is there any reasonable (easy) way to convert camera files for a reverse layout from the standard route?
Asked myself million times (i hate reverse layout where they are not really existing in real life because they are 2x work on cameras ahaha) but never found a solution. Based on the fact, cameras work on AI line, by reversing it, you need completely different number than for the standard one.

Because they dont want you too. If you read the disclaimer in there when you agree to the series, there is a section down there which says about drivers being banned/excluded/prevented from competing due to liverys/logos etc.
But I don’t care about the championship. I’ll never race in championships as I’m no where near good enough to do well.

i just wanted some new cars to play around with on my own.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back