-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation by RVZ
-Rear wheel, Steering
-Trophy R Spec version with manual gearbox
-Encryption MNBA

Download:

Patreon:

Donate:

View attachment 1097703View attachment 1097704View attachment 1097705View attachment 1097706View attachment 1097707View attachment 1097708
Thanks @petercrill I love this car!!! a question, how can I toggle what is seen on the screen between the map and the RSlink?

I would like it to appear like this:
__custom_showroom_1638665652.jpg

Thanks and good job!!

Thanks very much for this @petercrill, there have been a few Megane 4s flexed around for the past year or so but they always seemed to be private. It's great to finally have a public release.
I noticed (Trophy-R) there was no shifting animation and the hands slid over the wheel while steering. If you amend these fields in data/driver3d.ini and add the steer.ksanim file below (remove the .txt file extension first) to the 'animations' folder it'll fix the steering and shift timing and add a pretty good - not perfect - shifting animation. If the driver was scaled up by a small amount he'd grip the wheel a little better and I think his hand would hit the shifter even closer. I can take a look at this if you want?

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=350
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=350
PRELOAD_RPM=6500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

Thanks again.

Is the room well lit? I've heard tracking can get lost with the Q2 if the ambient light is dim.

(edit: the attachment below is for the first message, not the merged second message despite how it looks)
Yes, the environment hasn't changed since the first day I used the Quest 2. It's been really annoying, after one lap you would be a little off from your original position, and sometimes it shifts randomly to the right or the left despite your head being still and you gotta recenter it.

Also, I added the lines you posted to the Megane, but I still can't get it to shift for some reason.

Yes, the environment hasn't changed since the first day I used the Quest 2. It's been really annoying, after one lap you would be a little off from your original position, and sometimes it shifts randomly to the right or the left despite your head being still and you gotta recenter it.

Also, I added the lines you posted to the Megane, but I still can't get it to shift for some reason.
I think a recent update has affected tracking and retaining the Guardian area. I started noticing slight shifts occasionally, and recently, right in the middle of a good lap, everything went black for a moment, then I was suddenly in passthrough mode with the dialogue box asking me to set up Guardian.

I've had no issues for 8-9 months, and now this has started happening. I think they modified something for their "augmented reality" feature, and it's screwing things up.

Last edited:
This is a very, very specific request. I know questions about where to find mods aren't super popular around here, but I honestly think I've reached the limit of my google searching potential.

I was wondering about the existence of modern muscle-car based racing cars. I'm aware of the Guerilla Mods GT4 cars (have those), the Sareni Camaro (have it), the Mustang BOSS 302R (have it), all of the mixed-bag ones on Assettoland like the Camaro GTE and old SCCA cars of course.

I feel like I've hit the limit of what I can find, but I want to make extra sure I've found everything because modern race cars based on muscle cars are among my favourite types of vehicle. So if anyone has any recommendations not on the list I've mentioned, or would like to PM me about where to find them, I would be very appreciative.

Last edited:
I think a recent update has affected tracking and retaining the Guardian area. I started noticing slight shifts occasionally, and recently, right in the middle of a good lap, everything went black for a moment, then I was suddenly in passthrough mode with the dialogue box asking me to set up Guardian.

I've had no issues for 8-9 months, and now this has started happening. I think they modified something for their "augmented reality" feature, and it's screwing things up.
I just tried clearing out all Guardian data and it seems to work better. Need to test it more tomorrow.

Renault Megane RS 2018 Release

This car is a collaboration between me and Redlex

-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation by RVZ
-Rear wheel, Steering
-Trophy R Spec version with manual gearbox
-Encryption MNBA

Download:

Patreon:

Donate:

View attachment 1097703View attachment 1097704View attachment 1097705View attachment 1097706View attachment 1097707View attachment 1097708
Excellent work done here, but... is it just me or are the models scaled a bit too big? On track they look as tall as a Cayenne and as wide as a Diablo.

one question, how would it be possible to change the color of the headlight (actual light, not mesh) in a car? i've tried to find out some possible ways but i haven't been able to find one that's about changing the color of the light, kind of stuck with this, as i'm trying to make the headlights on the mazda mx5 r-spec mod be white instead of teal, thanks!

one question, how would it be possible to change the color of the headlight (actual light, not mesh) in a car? i've tried to find out some possible ways but i haven't been able to find one that's about changing the color of the light, kind of stuck with this, as i'm trying to make the headlights on the mazda mx5 r-spec mod be white instead of teal, thanks!
The color of emissive objects in any car mod is set in the lights.ini config file, which is in the data file or data folder.

If you read this wiki, you'll see which line you can modify to change the color :

Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 6.34.35 pm.jpg

Last edited:
I
I keep getting this weird tracking issue with Oculus Quest 2, the VR position shifts multiple times during a lap and I gotta constantly recenter the view. Tried resetting the headset and disabling the guardian but nothing seems to solve it.
I know it's a super obvious thing to say, but are you playing in a dark room? You might want to put a light on to help it track where it is.

Did you also add the steer.ksanim file to the animations folder (after removing the .txt extension)?
Also, the data folder can't be repacked afterwards (weird encryption?) so data.acd either needs deleting or you need 'use unpacked data if it exists' checked in CM.
I sent some other updates to Peter (driver scale/repositioning, paddleshift animation for the EDC, missing paint options, HANS removal, driver suits, illuminated steering wheel switchgear etc) which he said will be folded into a future update of both cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey folks.
after many hours of googling, downloading and installing and testing and deleting (some of them) i could not find any aston martin with working dynamic lumirank system AND glowing door numbers. found some with working lumirank, the others have glowing door textures. tried to edit one open model but my skills with 3d modelling are really on zero level.
do you chaps have an idea if any AM with both extensions do exist?
any reaction appreciated.

Excellent work done here, but... is it just me or are the models scaled a bit too big? On track they look as tall as a Cayenne and as wide as a Diablo.
I know you were using hyperbole to make a point, but...

meg.PNG

VR is normally a dead giveaway if a car is scaled incorrectly and this Megane 4 'feels' right when sitting in the cockpit.
Comparing it to other Meganes:

meg2.PNG

meg3.PNG

I've not taken actual measurements but it seems OK to me?

I know you were using hyperbole to make a point, but...

View attachment 1097897

VR is normally a dead giveaway if a car is scaled incorrectly and this Megane 4 'feels' right when sitting in the cockpit.
Comparing it to other Meganes:

View attachment 1097898

View attachment 1097899

I've not taken actual measurements but it seems OK to me?
Apparently so. I wasn't unsure if it was a perspective thing hence why I started with "is it just me or...". Thanks for doing all the comparison shots, though.

Greetings,

XMas is coming and I have early presents for you.

View attachment 1097621

Released: BMW M1 Procar 1980 v1.31

Uninstall the prior version first. I've removed a lot of unnecessary files within the skins.

Download: https://sharemods.com/1vb2645zg9k4/bmw_m1_procar_80_v131.zip.html

Changelog:
  • Good Year Eagle tire texture
  • Working analog instruments
  • New damage texture
  • New LODs
  • New VAO

IMPORTANT: DONT USE EXTENDED PHYSICS!

View attachment 1097620

And I was tired of falling through the floor at the fountain of Long Beach, so I shovelt some tons of sand into this hole.

Just replace the collision.kn5 of "t21_long_beach_nrms" with this one: https://sharemods.com/7hjdxohya79s/t21_long_beach_nrms_collision.zip.html

Backup of the original file is included.
Thanks for the M1 one of my favorite cars. One issue when playing single player race the car goes backwards with a screeching of wheels and I can't stop it. Any ideas?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back