Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Does the Cheetah really exist for AC? I just recently found about this car. When I saw a picture I thought it was someone's homemade project. Didn't look too healthy for the back of the driver. 😅

YukkHZVMR9SGq8LLhG69uA.png
Here are two versions of the Cheetah: The original mod and an Assetto Garage update. Before you drive it, make sure you put your waterproof underwear on. You will leave skid marks - and not just on the track! 😲

after new update no led gears, kmh , liters, rpm is ok
I got them to work in the Mercedes but the other car I tried to fix brings back the digital readout, but also brings back to the floating wing problem. I don't know enough about this stuff to figure that one out so I didn't try any of the other cars. I will just wait for the experts to fix it and only drive the Mercedes for now.

Haven't played RT Daytona for a while, any reason why the track lighting doesn't seem to switch on? Tried checking RT Sebring and that seems to work fine. CSP 1.77 Preview1 currently
Roll back to older version of the track seems to have some lighting, along the back stretch and the chicane but still not really much lighting at all...

MasterKey's Ferrari 488 ACC has a nice pre-race cam too.

View attachment 1109138
I found it too in the CSP Showroom, when you use the moving camera it's exactly the same parameters

But how can i do it for ALL the cars? I updated the previews years ago and now i want to change them again.
CM offers you the functionality to update them for all the cars, but how can i do it ingame ?
Maybe i can take shots only for those with the extension, but i'll never be able to recreate the showroom ingame ..
Try this : go on the content tab for the cars. on the top down you should have "update preview" and a little arrow on the right. Click on it then look at preset and choose one

as i've already been ninja'd to it with 1971, SDD (unfortunately) made the 1971 season.
From what i've known: few of the 50s was made, 1955 and 1958 is two of them
60s: 1967, 1965 i believe are the only full??
70s: 1971, 1975, 1976.
80s: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985?, 1986, 1988, 1989??
all 90s: 1991 is missing AGS, no lola 1997 for the memes
all 2000s onwards are made.

edit: and 1999 isn't made?
I don't know why 1999 is a "forgotten" season.

We have only the Williams FW21, I have 3 version, but the physics of them is very strange, very understeer. :grumpy:

The other car from 1999 is the Ferrari F399 mady by ASR.

Hello Everyone.
I need a guidance here if you can help me.
I`m looking for not fictional hillclimb car / tracks.
Do you have any tips for the best of the best ?
Thank you.
Also check out this site: http://www.toms-sim-side.de/

Thomas Schmid ("renntom") is/was a german real life Hill Climb/Rallye racedriver (CoPilot). All his tracks are real life. And you can download his tracks for different sims, Assetto Corsa included.

Ninja'd by Tibi

Last edited:
How about ELEMENT1999's BMW M8 Safety Car? Not sure if you can use it in a league, you'll have to get permission yourself. Also not sure if you can skin it. But it's a really cool car!
where's the link to the Safety Car

and do you have links to the cars?

random...

Tracks made with RTB often have generic texture names, most often ROADA000 (where 000 is an arbitrary number).
Latest conversion I am renaming these and the 1st was ROADA420... next texture was ROADA357.
I was expecting the next one to be ROADA714... but the track let me down:(

Last edited:
Ciao! Esiste una versione di Monza degli anni '70? Quale layout consigli per un campione di F1 degli anni '70? Grazie.
No, at the moment the versions available for the Monza track are those of 1988 or even earlier than 1966, question where you will do the championship, I would be interested in this.

NEW TRACK by CrisT86 & @pugsang

Zwartkops Raceway (South Africa)

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor 2

- @chickenDuck - RF2 track design and 3d modeling

v1.0 AC
- Conversion and 3d modeling to Assetto Corsa by Pugsang
- New AI, Sidelines, etc by @KevinK2
- new EXT_CONFIG (featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments) by CrisT86
- New TV Cams by CrisT86
- New VAO by CrisT86
- Floating objects thanks to RT Team

v1.1 AC
- Fixed treelines
- Fixed main flags
- Fixed the double face missing for small flags
- Added sections.ini by @Fanapryde
- Added scratchmade logo in UI by CrisT86 (Thanks to Fanapryde for report it)

View attachment 1109116View attachment 1109117View attachment 1109118View attachment 1109119View attachment 1109120View attachment 1109121View attachment 1109122

Enjoy
Zwartkops Raceway (South Africa) UPDATED to v1.1

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor 2
- @chickenDuck - RF2 track design and 3d modeling

v1.0 AC
- Conversion and 3d modeling to Assetto Corsa by Pugsang
- New AI, Sidelines, etc by @KevinK2
- new EXT_CONFIG (featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments) by CrisT86
- New TV Cams by CrisT86
- New VAO by CrisT86
- Floating objects thanks to RT Team

v1.1 AC
- Fixed treelines
- Fixed main flags
- Fixed the double face missing for small flags
- Added sections.ini by @Fanapryde
- Added scratchmade logo in UI by CrisT86 (Thanks to Fanapryde for report it)

Last edited:
I was thinking at the Shelby Daytona... Which one is for you the best between AssettoDrive and GPL (or ACL I don't remeber exactly the name sorry). I know that there's one from EASY too but I know that the ones named before are way better. Yep I know that it's a matter of taste but I want to hear your opinion anyway

Friend of mine was taking a look at your mod and re-worked the materials and plastics on them a bit. Wanted to share with you beforehand incase you were interested in it?

Before
View attachment 1109346

After
View attachment 1109348
Spoke with @lorelord via DM who gave their blessing to post it here, so here's the ext_config I made. Only downside I can see is that on this specific skin, the "NEEDELL" text on the window loses some of its brightness, but otherwise I think it's a decent improvement.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 9
NEW TRACK by CrisT86 & @mordido

Jacarepagua - 4 layouts (Brazil)

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0

-Initial Release

v1.0.1 - Small updates and fixes

• Added cameras by @shi (shin956)
  • Added skins by @shi (shin956)
  • Deleted double flags
  • Deleted some unnecessary lod meshes from AMS
  • Deleted seagulls, planes, helicopter (Added through extension file)
  • Added more cars and lights to the paddock area
  • Fixed double fences issue on pitlane entrance
  • Added tents to Main and Short layout paddocks
  • Updated UI
  • Flying things by RT Team (thanks to @Masscot)

v2.0 by Mordido & CrisT86

• New ext_config by @CrisT86
  • Added cameras for alla layouts by @CrisT86
  • Added VAO patches
  • Added 3D mountain
  • Added pit crowds
  • Added crowds on the stands
  • Added pit props
  • Added marshalls
  • Added camera men
  • Added lights sources all around the track
  • Added buildings on the outskirts
  • Added fence next to the starting grid
  • Added kerbs to GP layout
  • Added reverb sound on main straight and under the bridge
  • Added animated planes
  • Added animated helicopters
  • Moved some other buildings to be more accurate
  • Replaced paddock pitstands
  • Replaced roads, pitroads, grass and sand textures
  • Fixed road verge texture
  • Opened garage doors
  • Fixed outside walls
  • Fixed tower glass
  • Fixed shaders on some objects
  • Changed frinction on surces.ini
  • Fixed kerbs on the last sector of the Oval and GP layout
  • Updated UI
  • New DRS Zones
  • New semaphore.ini

v2.1 Final release by Mordido & CrisT86

• Fixed UI
  • Tweaked ext_config
  • Added grass track skin by @ZombieBoy1978

The track is a bit heavy on FPS, no solution yet, so you need to keep as it is. If i will found time to work more on it (we worked on it more than 4 months), i will release an update ;) Enjoy

View attachment 1109141View attachment 1109142View attachment 1109143View attachment 1109144View attachment 1109145View attachment 1109146
NEW TRACK by CrisT86 & @mordido

Jacarepagua - 4 layouts (Brazil) UPDATED to v2.1

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0

-Initial Release

v1.0.1 - Small updates and fixes

• Added cameras by @shi (shin956)
  • Added skins by @shi (shin956)
  • Deleted double flags
  • Deleted some unnecessary lod meshes from AMS
  • Deleted seagulls, planes, helicopter (Added through extension file)
  • Added more cars and lights to the paddock area
  • Fixed double fences issue on pitlane entrance
  • Added tents to Main and Short layout paddocks
  • Updated UI
  • Flying things by RT Team (thanks to @Masscot)

v2.0 by Mordido & CrisT86

• New ext_config by @CrisT86
  • Added cameras for alla layouts by @CrisT86
  • Added VAO patches
  • Added 3D mountain
  • Added pit crowds
  • Added crowds on the stands
  • Added pit props
  • Added marshalls
  • Added camera men
  • Added lights sources all around the track
  • Added buildings on the outskirts
  • Added fence next to the starting grid
  • Added kerbs to GP layout
  • Added reverb sound on main straight and under the bridge
  • Added animated planes
  • Added animated helicopters
  • Moved some other buildings to be more accurate
  • Replaced paddock pitstands
  • Replaced roads, pitroads, grass and sand textures
  • Fixed road verge texture
  • Opened garage doors
  • Fixed outside walls
  • Fixed tower glass
  • Fixed shaders on some objects
  • Changed frinction on surces.ini
  • Fixed kerbs on the last sector of the Oval and GP layout
  • Updated UI
  • New DRS Zones
  • New semaphore.ini

v2.1 Final release by Mordido & CrisT86

• Fixed UI
  • Tweaked ext_config
  • Added grass track skin by @ZombieBoy1978

Spoke with @lorelord via DM who gave their blessing to post it here, so here's the ext_config I made. Only downside I can see is that on this specific skin, the "NEEDELL" text on the window loses some of its brightness, but otherwise I think it's a decent improvement.
I've set this up in a named zip file so the mod it is for can be identified, with a folder structure that makes it easy to install in the correct folder.

Attachments

• Jaguar XJR-15 Race extension update by TheAdmiester.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I was thinking at the Shelby Daytona... Which one is for you the best between AssettoDrive and GPL (or ACL I don't remeber exactly the name sorry). I know that there's one from EASY too but I know that the ones named before are way better. Yep I know that it's a matter of taste but I want to hear your opinion anyway
I have the Legion version (which Easy reworked a bit), and the ACL version. The Legion car uses the power numbers for a 289 c.i. V8 (5.7 liter) making 315-odd hp. The ACL car seems to be based on the 390 c.i. (6.3 liter), or maybe 427 (7 liter)and makes around 400hp. So almost anywhere, the ACL car is faster, around 3 secs in an 80 sec lap in my hands. Handling-wise, they're very similar and both models are great. If anything the ACL car is a tiny bit better. Also, most of the cool 3rd party skins are made for the ACL car. They're different enough that I keep both in my library. YMMV.

What is the last and best version of the Oreca 07?
There is Rollover, ACF, various other but no one seem to be the best one.
i use the GTP oreca 07 mainly for the skins, I've also done a minor adjustment and create 2 more seperate cars for the Aurus 01 and Alpine A470 along with that gave them some stuff from My dallara and ligier along with that.

I thought about that too and you have a good point. My issue in this case was the assets were so immersion breaking it needed to be done.

I think in the case you are pointing out it would be fairly easy to do ( i may be wrong here) by having the different folder setups like they do for different layouts but with old and new assets. when i updated the firetruck etc i realized it wouldnt be great for older cars.

I dont think it would be that hard but we would need some updated "old" assets...
the firetruck and ambulance for the old version were 4 different meshes mapped to different materials.
I like the idea of not just building a gas station pump, but all(!) gas station pumps (or power poles or traffic lights), from the glass bottle top types to the modern types, at the outset, and the gas station itself would be built with the passing decades built in. Or, in the case of your old home town, the changes in roads, or the arrival of Costco or the old hotel got torn down, could all be built into the modelling of the passing decades. The old car in that yard went from rolling to rusted/tireless over time... The plan is to build a track (based on a real location, Victoria-Highlands-Millstream-Hwy1-Munn) from 50s to now, with era specific versions in between.

All ideas are welcome, of course. (Especially on the technical structure of all this...)

I like the idea of not just building a gas station pump, but all(!) gas station pumps (or power poles or traffic lights), from the glass bottle top types to the modern types, at the outset, and the gas station itself would be built with the passing decades built in. Or, in the case of your old home town, the changes in roads, or the arrival of Costco or the old hotel got torn down, could all be built into the modelling of the passing decades. The old car in that yard went from rolling to rusted/tireless over time... The plan is to build a track (based on a real location, Victoria-Highlands-Millstream-Hwy1-Munn) from 50s to now, with era specific versions in between.

All ideas are welcome, of course. (Especially on the technical structure of all this...)
So you are saying that once we get to the 2015s you are going to model a parking lot simulating the Colwood crawl?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back