Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Protocol ? That's anarchy here, man !

Joke aside, I don't know, ask him ? He might need a hand... hum...

Joke aside, for real this time, If the question is "Is it too much snow" I would answer yes, as if there isn't any bit on the road it doesn't feel too realistic... IMO, just a bit of snow around mixxed with dirt and trees to feel the cold but justifying the fact that there is not a single flake on the road, is more "credible". I have an old version of Tor Poznan where the winter feels absolutly spot on it's amazing, and the updated one was too snowy it doesn't feels real... So I kept the old one haha.

Still, gimme that ! I would love to drive around in your winter version ! :D
Unfortunately I don't know enough to figure out how to limit the amount of snow on specific objects. I tried playing with the value numbers but it didn't seem to give the effect you are describing so that one may have to wait.

i've misreading your message, i was sure you've asked for an update like that, but if you already done it, there's no need for my work, just finish it up and release to the whole community :)

The best thing to do, is to release an update which will include the backup of the original ext_config alongside your updated one (maybe put your config at the end of the original, so anyone knows from where you have put your hands on) ;)

If you need anything, just ask via DM ;)
I think what I will do is rely on the experts here since i'm still learning. There's lots of things i'm still trying to figure out how to do. I will post a version of what i've done so far to get some of the more knowledgeable people to have a look at it and make suggestions or do actual improvements and then send them back to me. Once I've had enough improvement suggestions, I can make a full finished release here and at RD.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Tyrone - Toronto Indycar Exhibition Place 2021-2022 v1.0

Changelog:

• New EXT_CONFIG featuring GrassFX, LightFX, RainFX, Seasonal adjustment
  • New TV Cams

IMPORTANT!: I'm not completely back after the surgery, but due i feel better, i found time to check some of the track i have on my hdd even i did it in a slower way than my normal workflow. This config, due to some object placement, has some area that are a bit overexposed and there's no way to have them perfectly exposed (unless you want to have some other areas too dark) so please, if you have any problem with overexposed zones try to edit the config under the TRACK LIGHTS voice until you find your compromises ;)

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-56-20.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-56-31.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-56-40.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-56-48.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-56-55.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-57-1.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-57-15.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_toronto_19-1-122-15-57-18.jpg

Enjoy

Hi Guys,
CM has informed me that there is an update for an ERL mod that I have, but when attempting to download, I get the following error: "Can't download file: google Drive has changed". Curious to know whether anybody has seen this and whether there might be a work around?
Thanks guys, much appreciated in advance!...;)

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 12
Hi Guys,
CM has informed me that there is an update for an ERL mod that I have, but when attempting to download, I get the following error: "Can't download file: google Drive has changed". Curious to know whether anybody has seen this and whether there might be a work around?
Thanks guys, much appreciated in advance!...;)
Sometimes you can right click the failed file and click on the google link, then paste it into your browser and see if it'll then work.

1645283507454.png

we always consider any reports , and try to reproduce the bugs from people when i can , to find out the problems , but for that we need reports ^^
You have to work on the physics to not them be just a copy from some Kunos cars... and the lights of your cars need a better look in terms of shaders or texture. But I really looking forward to you guys cause you've done big steps in these two years, so I know that you'll do even more better in the future

Hello GUYS, I hope that you're fine :)
I have a problem to load cars with the latest encryption method
modders use the latest encryption method and when i load their mods i have this :

Since a long time that i try to fix that but i found any solutions, is there somebody has the same problem ?

View attachment 1115446
I have the same problem and tried everything, every recent csp version (pubblic and preview). I've also tried a preset from a friend of mine but nothing... I have this problem on the Alpine A110

Does anyone know if someone is making a high quality Essenza SCV12 that isn't a CSR2 conversion? I would love if someone did it to a professional level of quality like Guerilla's 935.

The only one I know is the rtm/exmods/whatever version

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 street version:
Screenshot_ford_mustang_boss_limerock_raceway_fm7_19-1-122-16-54-1.jpg

Original mod here: assetto-db.com
Not my Mod
author unknown, all credit for him
changelog:
-new wheels
-no rollcage
-passenger seat added
-new headlights
-only four skins like IRL have a look there: http://www.boss302.com/paint.htm
-no rpm limiter like IRL, watch your rev counter
-no ABS, traction control neither EDL like IRL
Data and perf from: https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1969/835460/ford_mustang_boss_302.html

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oo0av3qfnamtlup/ford_mustang_boss.7z/file

Have fun on old tracks (Limerock raceway, Bridgehampton etc...)

Hello everyone.

I've just learned how to use the CSP wipers animation tool. It is fantastic! It is so easy now... It's just about to understand a few things but after that you can animate almost any wipers in less than 10 mins....

I realy like this 3 cars that didn't have animated wipers... just in case someone is interested...
I'm not going to share de cars because this is just 0.01% of the work... Just copy what is inside these files in the ext_config.ini for each car.

Cheers!

200.gif

I have all the cars, but I bet, someone might not have one or two or perhaps even the 3.
Here they are:
Ferrari SF90 Stradale
1645288815534.png

Audi R8 V10 Plus 2016
1645288917732.png

Concerning to the BMW M6 GT3 ACC, please can anyone let me know if I can post here the mod?
1645288762815.png

Hello everyone.

I've just learned how to use the CSP wipers animation tool. It is fantastic! It is so easy now... It's just about to understand a few things but after that you can animate almost any wipers in less than 10 mins....

I realy like this 3 cars that didn't have animated wipers... just in case someone is interested...
I'm not going to share de cars because this is just 0.01% of the work... Just copy what is inside these files in the ext_config.ini for each car.

Cheers!
Thanks. Are you able to add working wipers also to those cars?

Hi, I just updated the Koenigaxnyvbg CCGT to race with RSS GT1 cars. Personally I did it for myself, so there may be some stuff wich could be better. The mod is originally updated and from Assettoland if I'm not mistaken.

View attachment 1115515
ive been working on one since December......as you know, to race with the RSS GT cars...as you know.....

hey all, thought id do a progress update

Ferrari Enzo/FXX/F150
Been messing around with the Enzo and FXX to make the Maserati MC12 Test Mule. The FXX eventually seemed the closest model and least work so ive been working on it and scrapped the Enzo.

• removed rear wing and used correct rear wing from MC12. redone aero profile
  • fixed suspension bump stop issues
  • moved internal screen so its visible when driving
debating wether to have the radiator thing hanging underneath the wing like in the actual car. may be too much of an eye sore tho.

Mercedes SLR 722 GT
  • redone the sunstrip as old one was pixelated and wrong
  • added the gills and single gil fin, (pain in the ass to fit and place)
  • added fins to the side bonnet too (same as above)
  • interior now a lot closer to real car. fixed branding on Furai wheel, resized button box and central motec. shifter lights and lap time now working.
  • fixed suspension to stop wheels bumping through bonnet
  • rebuilt roll cage as it originally poked through the roof.
  • de-smoked windscreen
Was thinking of cutting the bonnet vents to make them bigger and add some fins as in the proper car. seems to be a lot of fiddly work so ill see.

Koenigsegg CCGT

• replaced steering wheel for correct one
  • started skinning
just needs balancing now as its way too quick

Porsche Carrera Gt-R

• sorted steering wheel size
  • found triangular button box
  • started skinning
Just need to add a fire extinguisher and some ancillaries and it will be done on visual side.

Seat Cupra

• added the button box, air vent and internal screen and mount. think the screen mount looks legit how its positioned with the air vent. will add fire extinguisher and bits and call it a day. if anyone knows which car has a higher quality version of the wheel let me know and ill change it.

Which leads me to the last issue. I counted 24 cars but realised I had included the Radical RXC which is post 2010. Therefore I will do one more car. As there are limited options I have got it down to the following short-list. Any suggestions or anything helps me greatly.

• Alfa 8C GT - Car is good to go in its current state, decent quality so maybe just a little tidy up and balance. But again car is already done so nothing new

• P4/5 GTP - Same as above

• SSC Ultimate Aero - Could be interesting and a decent candidate with the model we already have.

• Morgan Aero 8 Supersports - could be fun, quite a bit of work required though.

• Joss JT1 - cool car and pretty much already done, needs a few bits and bobs. only negative i see is it might be a bit too similar to the Saleen S7 and Mosler.

• TVR Sagaris - i have a thing for TVR's having grown up near their old HQ. could turn out interesting. may do a quick mock up.

• Weisman GT MF5 - could also be interesting. would be a bit of work tho as not sure what to do with all those internal dials.

edit - quick mock up. hmmm so not sure.

Last edited:
@Wlynsan, I took a couple of minutes to hack together a working wiper config for the Volvo (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1999-volvo-s40-btcc.42565/). It's far from perfect but there's no black magic involved in making these, trial and error after all. Take the configs that have been posted, set debug=1 and load the car into a session. Press F7 if you have free camera mode enabled (F5 alternatively) and aim the camera torwards the windscreen from the outside. Load up the "Animated wipers" tool via the Objects Inspector app and have a look at which meshes go into which slots (Bending, base, arm, ...) and play with the sliders and pivots to see what they do.

ac_object_inspector_wipers.jpg volvo_animated_wipers.jpg

INI:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = blade, wiper
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.180000
DEBUG = 1
MESHES = blade, wiper
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = S40_Wind
GROUP_0 = 'blade@A=2'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = -41.400002
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 78.599998
GROUP_0_ARM = 'blade@A=1,3,5-9'
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_END = -0.143525, 1.022521, 0.623271
GROUP_0_PIVOT = 0.002563, 0.782120, 1.013794
GROUP_0_RUBBER_FROM = -0.051765, 0.860008, 0.841407
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_AMOUNT = 0.001400
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_POS = 0.586000
GROUP_0_RUBBER_TO = -0.227765, 1.096438, 0.410284
GROUP_0_TWIST_FROM = 0.050000
GROUP_0_TWIST_TO = 0.950000
GROUP_0_BASE = 'wiper@A=*'
GROUP_0_BASE_AXIS = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_BASE_PIVOT = 0.002563, 0.782120, 1.013794

Edit: added some wobbling to the wiper:
INI:
[WIPERS]
NAME= blade, wiper
WIND_AMPLITUDE_MULT=1
WIND_FREQUENCY_MULT=4
WIND_OFFSET=0.08
WIND_THRESHOLDS_KMH=50, 220

Last edited:
ive been working on one since December......as you know, to race with the RSS GT cars...as you know.....
This is awesome! I cannot wait, GT1 cars are my favorite. I just noticed the CCGT i did is unstable at the rear lmao. I'll have to update :x

Hello GUYS, I hope that you're fine :)
I have a problem to load cars with the latest encryption method
modders use the latest encryption method and when i load their mods i have this :

Since a long time that i try to fix that but i found any solutions, is there somebody has the same problem ?

View attachment 1115446
I have the same crap. Cars affected are the Lotus Esprit V8 by Gadu Boyz and some Mustang Cobra SVT.

Nice update! Just a few things that could improve it.

The thing I noticed the most is a lot of the gray Armco barrier has a repeating uneven texture. All of it looks like the texture is split diagonally.

In VR, I'm also noticing some "shimmering" effects on a few things that are further away, and around some masked items, like a string of flags.

The other thing that could be improved is the tunnel. It's the most "dated" looking feature of the track. The lighting is off, and the textures need to be adjusted to reduce the moire effect you see along the walls. Some of the graphics, like the triangle arrows, are too small and too close together. Also, the road mesh at the entry of the tunnel could be smoothed a little.
The shimmering effect is caused by a wrong shader. Just add this section to the ext_config.ini of the Tobeka track to fix it.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; SHADER REPLACEMENT FENCES FLAGS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = neufences040-28, neufences040-23, neufences040-19
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
PROP_... = extFlags, alpha test
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

And the track has too many audio reverb sections. It's OK in the tunnel section, but the rest is not very realistic.

Ok. See if this is better. For some reason the wall that was texture split was some other weird mesh. It took some work to redo it with the original wall but I think I got it.

Flags updated with proper shader.

@Frank25 See the bolded notes for the different audio folders. I have included both sets so you can overwrite the existing INI with one to your preference.

v1.9 changelog
-Fixed the walls that looked off and triangulated
-fixed the flag shader shimmering
-added an optional audiosources.ini for no reverb in the stands

Instructions In the data folder are two folders. One for reverb and one for reverb only in tunnel.

Just copy and paste the one you want out of the folder into the main folder and overwrite to switch back and forth

Credits
Frasie - Original track
Easy - Conversion
CosmiC10R - updates
CrisT86 - config and help
KevinK2 - AI and help
RT team - Airliner with permission

NOTE
This is the same track as the ACTK version. This was released on RD at Frasie's request.

*I have included v1.4 grassfs in a seperate ini.
If the grassFX in the current extconfig doesnt work try copy and pasting that over*
This was primarily due to seasonal adjustments.
I have attached a seperate INI if you want those adjustments

v1.9 changelog
-Fixed the walls that looked off and triangulated
-fixed the flag shader shimmering
-added an optional audiosources.ini for no reverb in the stands

Instructions In the data folder are two folders. One for reverb and one for reverb only in tunnel.

Just copy and paste the one you want out of the folder into the main folder and overwrite to switch back and forth

Changelog

-3 new updated cams by CrisT86
-changed fence texture to a better one
-hand replaced all trees for my 9 tree dds
-upgraded some of the close up to track ones with a high def one and all blocktransformed
-added a few lilacs as well
-Working Dynamic Groove added (redone with New KevinK2 AI)
-Working Flags and better flag poles added
-Balloons using track sponsors added - Credit to Masscot, used his off of RD and retextured to local
-Blimp added with Tobeka Kansas Logo - Credit to Masscot, used his off of RD and retextured to local
-working track lighting
-added light to the tunnels using existing meshes and two different brightnesses.
-updated Config by CrisT86
-AI full update by KevinK2 (way better, cars can go 2 and three wide through corners
-Added RainFX
-fixed floating objects
-removed old 3d people but left some along main straight
-replaced all vehicles including parking lot
-added AC ambulance, Fire truck and moving truck
-added TV van with local Kansas news station
-added AC track marshalls and camera guys
-Added AC crew stuff
-seperated visual and physical road mesh and subdivided road mesh to higher density quad mesh
-added Working green lights and dynamic flags
-added Tv screens on trucks
-added Reverb to all stands and bridges
-added Thanks billboard
-updated Ui.json
-Reboot team Airliner, note - helicopters with Permission pulled temporarily I didn't get this right.
-updated VAO patch

see new link a few posts down

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier today, here is the first rough draft of my Deutschlandring ext_config\track skin. If someone who has knowledge of this stuff can have a look at it and fix anything I did wrong. I'm still trying to figure out a couple of things.

One, the season LUT stuff and what values change which months, although i'm pretty happy with how and when the seasons change with these LUT values. Two, the material adjustment stuff mostly with regards to the lighting. It seems at times that things look too dark and I can't get a handle on how the ksDiffuse and Off_Values work together. Maybe someone can adjust the first Material Adjustment section the way that works best or maybe I should just set it inactive so things render like the stock track looks.

There are three skin folders with tree texture adjustments, but you really don't need to use any of them. I found the stock tree textures to be too blue and undersaturated on my system so I did some alterations. The only difference between the three is the amount of saturation in the textures. I always seem to opt for the middle saturation level (Trees 2).

My version of the track did not have an extension folder or ext_config file so if you have one already, make sure to rename it before you unpack this file. Have fun and looking forward to any help I can get with this.

Deutschlandring Test

EDIT: After playing around with different numbers, I have to suggest that you open the ext_config file and find the first [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...] around line 42 and set Active = 1 to Active = 0 until I can find a better balance.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back