Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,974 comments
Mettet v1.01
Download(mediafire)

Conversion from GTR2.
The Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet is a 1.43mile (2.3 km) motor racing circuit in Mettet, Wallonia (Belgium), 20 km southeast of Charleroi. (Wikipedia)

Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_circuit_jules_tacheny_mettet_23-2-122-21-34-12.jpg

-24 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Sissou
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @Viola Seven
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
texture edit by @Masscot
some textures by kunos
preview by @macko68
Test, Feedback by @macko68 , @Breathe

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed floating curb.

Last edited:
Second attempt at the Nords extension file. Couple of small changes. See if you like this better.

1.) Lowered the fall color intensity a little more from previous version. Let me know if I went too far.
2.) Reduced the brightness of the branches material on that odd looking tree that really stood out even in the summer.
3.) Some other small changes to some grass areas on the Endurance versions.

Same as the one from early today. You can overwrite the ks_nordschleife.ini file or put the ext_config in the tracks extension folder.

BTW, anyone know who to talk to on the CM\CSP side about testing this version instead of the one they provide to see if they want to make it the version they use? Personally I think it's better because it gets rid of the orange pines and grass. I'd rather it be the official version instead of having to make it a mod download that a lot of people won't even know about.

EDIT: Wrong file. Download again if you tried already. I accidentally put in the version that still had the bright tree.

Attachments

• ext_config.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
View attachment 1127892
Are they selling paid content from URD for free?
The 3d model seems to be different from the URD one but they for sure used some bits and pieces from the URD cars. Unfortunately the steering animation doesn't fit the wheel, there's no paddle shift animation, no (or broken) wiper animation and no DRS.

Edit: it actually seems to have some DRS functionality coded and my Simhub dash reacts to the DRS engagement, the mods just don't display DRS on the DDU, animate any wings or make any audible sounds.

Edit 2: the Audi does have an animated wing that works in CM showroom but not on track and the BMW doesn't have a visible wing animation in the showroom but the wing physics change:

dtm_audi_2020.jpg dtm_bmw_2020.jpg
no, ERL made is own scratchs mods or conversions of others games. as example of sergio loro tracks, mostly of them are paids mods,but little some are free, like this! very enjoiyable mod! i dont know from where are converted, but clearly not from URD models.
ERL = First Studio Race?

Last edited:
The 3d model seems to be different from the URD one but they for sure used some bits and pieces from the URD cars. Unfortunately the steering animation doesn't fit the wheel, there's no paddle shift animation, no wiper animation and no DRS.

ERL = First Studio Race?
yes is the same. FST seems to be the moding team, ERL the ligue and platform to drive online and sells products..i watch a fast view..is like a conversion of certain game who the last world is is a synonym of "suite"🤨

View attachment 1127892
Are they selling paid content from URD for free?
I rather think Fernando Valentim (the one who converted them) got both of them from Race Room Racing Experience since I just checked a pic of those from that game via Google and seems they're the exact ones from that game rather than edits from an URD mod or another game.

Since I know him very well ripping models from that and other games such as iRacing using none other than Ninja Ripper, even if he told me a year ago while chatting with him that he got some claims from iRacing team and Sector 7 regarding illegal conversion of their models for use in AC for their championships long ago, I'm surprised he's still beating around the bush with those games despite the clams he receved...

1648044508716.png

shi
Mettet v1.0

Conversion from GTR2.
The Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet is a 1.43mile (2.3 km) motor racing circuit in Mettet, Wallonia (Belgium), 20 km southeast of Charleroi. (Wikipedia)
View attachment 1127876View attachment 1127877
-24 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Sissou
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @Viola Seven
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
texture edit by @Masscot
some textures by kunos
preview by @macko68
Test, Feedback by @macko68 , @Breathe

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.
A much better conversion that whatever EASY attempted back in the day.
Top.

Does anybody know if there is a Triumph TR7 in the wild available?

I'm trying to put together a collection of all the cars I can remember my family owning and this one is alluding me so far.

Nice video.
I still sure it's suspension geometry/work issue, because the similar car irl has absolutely easy and predictable movements. Even Go cart with literally no suspension, rear engine layout and short wheelbase is much more predictable, so there is no excuse for legions Formula Ford one.
So probably some mod-meister did some rework...i wish someone did.

Can not agree about how good his mods are. Lot of unbalanced things over there (tried few GT cars). But does not matter....
I already made an update last year and sended it to GzeroD by PM, dunno if he actually used it. Most the suspension actually was pretty well aligned, however the fundamentals that count physicswise were totally off. The A-arm design was almost 1:1, however both caster and KPI were not dailed in (literally 0 degrees caster, resulting in a shopping cart suspension).

For improvements I deepdived into user manuals, setup sheets and racer fora of both cars, collecting more datapoints as motion rates, spring rates, proper gearbox ratios and setup ranges. Having driven a couple of F-Fords in my younger years, the fun part was always controlling the rear end slides. Small tires low inertia and an open diff making this a skill game. I included some additional info (PDF's) in the zip file, regarding setup and general F-Ford behaviour. I reduced the backtorque of the Van Diemen and did some final tweaks on load sensitivity of the tires to make the rear a bit more controllable but as IRL you have to be quick with countersteering.

This version will not overwrite older versions (folder name prefix f1600_ , in game filter use 'Formula 1600'
You will need CSP as the Mygale uses physics extensions

Hope you like it! Enjoy and may the downforce be with you!

Download:
2022 03 Formula Ford F1600 Mod

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

After years in development hell... the Lamborghini Diablo GT1 Stradale has finally been released..!

View attachment 1127245

looking forward to the racing version))) Thanks for your hard work!!!!

I did state IMO, not many memorable cockpits now days....unless you have a valid candidate that can sway me...…..I prefer dials and quirks. I don't think its a bold statement to say the Boomerang has one of the best cockpits of all time...

pVznrQ.jpg
Ah I think I misunderstood your initial statement then, sorry about that

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back